Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Update from The Soap Maven
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Update from The Soap Maven Next Topic
Page: of 2

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2006 :  06:57:43 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
I only wish I could do all the things I feel like doing. I feel absolutely great. Seriously. I hope that doesnt change! I was determined before surgery that I would be positive about it all but it really hasnt been an effort. I know I cant do anything for another few weeks so I will start soon on paperwork and planning my fall/holiday open houses. I have had brain fog - probably from the anesthesia - but that seems to be better every day as well. Today is day 7 and I can only say I wish everyone had as easy a time as I have had. Dont get me wrong, I have some sore spots and a heck of an incision - about 20 staples - a 7 inch long scar on an 8 inch long belly!!! But it was much easier than a c-section - Jerry says could be due to the fact that no one is sucking the life out of me and waking me up every hour!! Could be! I nursed all my babies (had 2 natural births and 4 c-secs) and those afterbirth pains will do you in! So those experiences are sort of my point of reference.

I am getting outside a lot. Early morning walks around the gardens, supervising the pumpkin planting and making of a few new flower beds Jerry is working on. In the afternoons I walk down to my mom's house and have coffee with her and visit a while. Its about a hundred yards to her door maybe.

So I am good. Very good. Tomorrow I go for my first check up and to see about getting my staples removed. I am sure the 70 mile (each way) trip wont be easy but we will take it slow and try not to tire me out too bad!

I am really thankful I have felt so good but wont do anything I am not supposed to. I want NO setbacks. Friends are coming to visit and providing meals and we do so appreciate it. It is not that Jerry cant cook for us but this is what friends do for each other and you rob others of a blessing when you dont let them help you out. So we are enjoying some very good homecooked meals that we didnt have to make!

I will be in touch again soon. Just wanted to let you all know I am alive and well and thankful for my health.

Susan
Proprietress of Dahlem's Soapworks http://www.thesoapmaven.com

sugarsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Leah
Woodward Iowa
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2006 :  09:03:32 AM  Show Profile  Send sugarsfarm an AOL message
Im glad everything is going better than expected, and i hope that continues!!

You must be the change you want to see in the world.
Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2006 :  09:34:46 AM  Show Profile
So good to hear from you, Susan and it does sound like all is well; that is a blessing. God is good and has answered all of our prayers. Thanks for letting us know and keeping us posted. I finally put your package in the mail, I am so unlike you being so organized, but maybe at this time you will have a few more minutes and not have to rush through the mail. Coffee each day with our mom sounds very lovely. Surely they are treasured moments.

Take care and God's continued blessings to you and your health.

In His hands,
Lynda L.

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
www.pamperedchef.biz/lorenzfamilycooks
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2006 :  10:03:36 AM  Show Profile
Glad to hear you're doing so well. You're moving around but not overdoing it. You know - what you said about "robbing others of a blessing" is so true. I never looked at it quite that way. So thank you, Susan, and keep healing.

Debbie

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2006 :  10:30:16 AM  Show Profile
Susan, I love your attitude and join the others in saying I am glad you are feeling great. The first week after major surgery is always tough. You're an inspiration to us all! Jo
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2006 :  12:37:01 PM  Show Profile
Susan -- I'm so glad that you're doing so well!!!

Visit my blog at http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2006 :  2:50:10 PM  Show Profile
You see Susan I TOLD YOU WE WERE ALL WONDERING HOW YOU WERE DOING!!
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

farmgrlchick
True Blue Farmgirl

439 Posts

Theresa
Columbus Montana
USA
439 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2006 :  3:50:05 PM  Show Profile
So wonderful to see your post! COntinue to take care!

Theresa
Go to Top of Page

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2006 :  2:10:30 PM  Show Profile
So glad your doing well. And to think you were worried. Enjoy your recuperation and continue to be blessed.
Teddie
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2006 :  1:18:57 PM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Hey all you happy farmgirls! I got all my staples out yesterday...all 22 of them! Wasnt bad at all. But the trip...that was a different story. We did a little shopping while we were in the big city and whew...I was pooped. So tired I was restless last night but took a 3 hour nap today! So I feel human again! Go back in two weeks for the ALL CLEAR (I hope). Hubby even made 4 batches of soap for me today while I supervised. He's a sweetie!

Talk to you all again soon.

Susan

Go to Top of Page

ThymeForEweFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

705 Posts

Robin
An organic farm in the forest in Maine
USA
705 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2006 :  1:38:46 PM  Show Profile
It's good to see you doing so well!

Robin
www.thymeforewe.com
Go to Top of Page

CountryGirl85
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Laura
Oswego IL
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2006 :  9:10:31 PM  Show Profile  Send CountryGirl85 an AOL message  Send CountryGirl85 a Yahoo! Message
I'm glad to hear you're doing so well! How nice of your hubby to do that for you! Keep up the positive attitude!

Laura

"In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart." Anne Frank
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2006 :  08:06:19 AM  Show Profile
Susan, glad to hear you're doing well. Sounds like you came through this out on top of things.
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2006 :  08:17:38 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Good morning. I had a really blah day yesterday. Felt down and blue and just sad. To be expected I suppose. Took 3 long naps and then slept all night. Not like me. But I feel better, much better today. I am at day 15 and seem to be healing real well. I might have some days I dont feel as strong or happy.

It is a beautiful day here today though and I ate my first real ripe tomato for breakfast this morning...not a roma either a big juicy beefsteak! Picked it myself and come right in and ate it! I like my tomatoes room temp! It was YUMMY!

Susan

Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2006 :  08:55:16 AM  Show Profile
It is very normal to have up and down days after surgery. Just remember that things will get better again, time is a great healer. Don't push yourself and be sure to enjoy every 'mater samich you can get your teeth around! Be careful not to lift those huge beefsteak tomatoes...let your hubby do that for you!

hugs and lots of well wishes your way,
Georgann
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2006 :  10:07:21 AM  Show Profile
Susan...So good to hear you are doing well. Nothing like a ripe tomato rite off the vine for good healin'!

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2006 :  07:37:28 AM  Show Profile
Hi Susan, Hope your healing has continued and that you are feeling much, much better. Did you go back to the doctor yet? I've been waiting for June 15th, the day mentioned on your website, to place another order. Do you have that fabulous laundry powder ready to ship out yet? I also enjoyed the candle and soaps. So fresh smelling! The Farmgirl Clean and Farmhouse Kitchen is wonderful...don't know which is my favorite. Let me know when you are ready for an order. Take care!

"All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well."
Julian of Norwich
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2006 :  08:28:28 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
I just took the notice off my site! I am sorta up and running. I have "some" of every thing...laundry powder is here too...just today!!! YEAH!!! UPS just brought the last of the ingredients! Ship time is still about 7 days due to catching up. But looks like I am back in business!!! I go to the dr. tomorrow and I expect to be released to resume my life sans lifting heavy things. I feel better than I have felt in 10 years. Seriously. I feel great. I still get tired fairly easy. But other than that...I am new woman.

Susan

Go to Top of Page

vtharvestfolkart
True Blue Farmgirl

69 Posts

doreen
West Pawlet VT
USA
69 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2006 :  05:13:47 AM  Show Profile  Send vtharvestfolkart an AOL message
Hello Susan. So glad you are feeling better.

Take care
doreen

Please take a look at my folk art. http://www.crowsoup.com/Market1137.php

"IT'S GOOD TO HAVE AN END TO JOURNEY TOWARDS....BUT IT'S THE JOURNEY THAT MATTERS IN THE END"
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2006 :  07:12:23 AM  Show Profile
hey gurlfren .. i told ya' .. you'd be up and dancin' in no time! but do remember 'the healing time' .. oh and those blues are just ever so temporary! "HO-MONES" as we southern women would say!

When i had my hysterical-ectomy .. i woke up feeling jus' ever so fine! HA! i had not tried to get UP yet!!! The nurse told me to expect a little 'down' time on about the third day .. because of shifting hormones. I just laughed and told her that i felt so UP .. that i couldn't possibly feel DOWN! WELL!!!!! i woke up on that third morning BAWLING to beat the band! (hmmmm .. i guess i'm easilyh 'suggestible') .. had my crying jag .. and it never happened again!

DO take it easy .. life and all it's routines will still be there after you are all healed! Good to hear from you gurlfren! xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

My KENTUCKY RAMBLINGS 'blog':
http://cabincreekfarm-kentucky.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2006 :  6:08:24 PM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Back from the dr - got the GREEN LIGHT for everything but heavy lifting - which he pointed out was a bad idea at any time. Told me to get home and makes some soap!! I really appreciate my dr so much. He walks in says "WOW - how do you feel??? You look great. Your color is good...cheeks are rosy and I know that isnt make up! Your hair looks so healthy...eyes bright." I told him I felt great, had been doing a little around the place, picking a little in the garden, made a couple batches of soap with help. Quite honestly I feel 10-15 years younger. What a great feeling...to feel like I am in my thirties without having to go back relive them!!! Which I wouldnt do for anything...I love Autumn...even if it refers to my season of life!

He told me he thought I would continue to feel better all the time. Absolutely no issues with the estrogen (from soy and yams)-working like a charm...not one hot flash or night sweat...not one headache cramp or back pain. Then he said "See, I told you we would still be friends when this was over with." - He knows I do NOT like to go to the dr!

I called my oldest daughter when I left the drs office today and told her what he said. And she said "Mom, I dont know how to say this without it sounding bad...but you just seem so...much more...on an even keel. Just always feeling good must really be great for you. Well for everyone!" I had to laugh. I knew what she meant. When you feel bad all the time or most of the time your fuse is a little short.

So when hubby called tonight he was so happy to hear I got such a good report. He really cant believe how good I feel...how my mood swings are gone...my headaches...he's as happy for me as I am!

So that's it...just giving an update.

Susan

Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2006 :  06:09:23 AM  Show Profile
Hi Susan- I am so happy to hear that you are doing well!! I can feel your joy coming through your postings. Having a hysterectomy is such a liberating thing, isn't it? Welcome to the club.

Karin
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2006 :  06:16:37 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Thank you! You know I was thinking this morning, we have to embrace each phase. Its the only way to live. I am going to enjoy this stage! I told Hannah this morning...this is the first morning I woke up and didnt think about my surgery. I had actually let it slip my mind! So yea, I am moving on! And by the way...my pumpkin vines are giving me great pleasure right now~a much needed rain yesterday and I cant wait to post pictures this early Autumn of the harvest!

Love you all!

Susan

Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2006 :  9:35:57 PM  Show Profile
Susan -- I am so glad that you are feeling so much better and can go back to making soap. I can totally relate to what you've been through before the surgery. I had been so miserable for so many years and after my surgery (didn't have a hysterectomy but had a thermal oblasion) my family couldn't believe the difference in my emotional attitude. My husband said it was like being married to a new woman! I will tell you that menopause has been the best thing that ever happened to me. In fact -- I love this stage of my life! I would take a hot flash any day over cramps, bloating, and PMS! I chose not to use estrogen and haven't even used anything natural. The only thing I have been careful about is making sure I'm getting my daily calcium requirements.

Visit my blog at http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/

Lotion bars, linen water & more in my online shop! http://therusticcottage.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2006 :  05:29:43 AM  Show Profile
Susan - it is so good to read your reports! You deserve to feel better than you have in years! Look at all you accomplished while feeling poorly. Just watch what you'll do now! :)

Peace
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2006 :  05:59:54 AM  Show Profile
suszie-q .. don't know if it will be the same for you or not .. but i NEVER had .. NO .. NOT EVEN ONE .. hot flash! IF i went through "mental-pause" .. it was unbeknownst to me! like a good little patient .. i took all the estrogen that my docs recommended .. until going to a woman doctor .. who told me to look at my own family history .. and possible consequences .. and i told her i was going to try going without them for awhile to see if i saw any changes or felt any different .. NOPE! again .. never skipped a beat! felt the same on and off .. soooo .. i talked with her and stopped taking them. (that was a couple years ago .. and i still feel the same great that i did before!) In a month or so .. you won't even know you had the big "O"!!

xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

My KENTUCKY RAMBLINGS 'blog':
http://cabincreekfarm-kentucky.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Update from The Soap Maven Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page