CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2005 :  06:51:49 AM  Show Profile
i sometimes think of names and how sometimes people just seem to 'fit' their name .. and how others don't .. i think 'nick-names' sometimes just seem more 'us' than our birth name. I also listen closely for olde timey names for my rag dolls. (if you are a doll maker .. it's fun to 'collect names' in a little address book that is alphabetized. When you learn of one that you really like .. just record it in your 'name book' .. and when the time comes for a dolly to be 'christened' .. roam through looking for a name 'combination' (you can even do one of interesting LAST names too!)

well, anyhoo .. what NAMES are on your birthcertificate? Were you named 'after' someone .. is there a 'story' behind your name? Would love some names for my 'dolly name book'!

I was born: FRANCES CATHERINE STEVENS

Frances, so i am told is after the 'doctor' (Dr. Francis Warren) who delivered me .. i PREFER to think i was named after my dear aunt, "Frances Elizabeth" the eldest sister in my dad's family of 9 children.

Catherine is after my grandmother on my dad's side: Sarah Catherine .. it is a name that seems to come up every other generation. Sarah Catherine was my grammie .. i am Frances Catherine .. and i got to give the name Catherine to my granddaughter, Jennifer Catherine.

Let's hear YOUR names and how you got 'em! xo, frannie

p.s. Frannie is the name my school friends gave me.

True Friends, Frannie

ThymeForEweFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

705 Posts

Robin
An organic farm in the forest in Maine
USA
705 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2005 :  07:31:26 AM  Show Profile
I'm Robin, after my father Robert. My mother was Leonardine, after her father Leonard, but called Trudy, her middle name. My middle name is Tressa, after my great-grandmother who died a few months before I was born. My oldest daughter's middle name is Grace, after my grandmother. We're on a family name roll.

Robin
www.thymeforewe.com
www.farm-garden.com/robin
Go to Top of Page

Lacy
True Blue Farmgirl

114 Posts

Lacy
Dallas Texas
114 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2005 :  08:26:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Lacy an AOL message
I'm "Lacy" after my great-grandmother's maiden name. Before she got married and became "Smith" her name was "Jewel Lacy" which I always thought was so pretty... (and Robin, I love the name Tressa...)
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2005 :  09:52:38 AM  Show Profile
I was born Melva Kay. My first name is Melva after my dad Melvin. Not sure where Kay came from. http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/

Edited by - therusticcottage on Jan 15 2006 1:38:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

OregonGal
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Chris
No. IL
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2005 :  11:28:48 AM  Show Profile
I was named "Christine", but prefer my name after baptism of Christine Marie - I think it sounds pretty. Not very out of the ordinary I'm afraid.

"God, I can push the grass apart and lay my finger on thy heart!"
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2005 :  11:53:35 AM  Show Profile
Molly Renee' Ryan :) I was named Molly because when my father was 12 years old he visited a fortune teller at their tiny local fair (Farmersville, CA..no less) who told him he would have a special lady in his life named Molly. For the next 22 years he never met "her" and so when I was born he named me Molly (due to the fact that I was his special lady..hehe).

Molly
http://mollymaequilts.tripod.com
"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet."~Rumi

Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2005 :  12:28:01 PM  Show Profile
I was born: Susan Debbie Renner, which can be spelled backwards the same way! Anyhoo, after 46 years, my name has grown to Susan Debbie Renner Krewson Luck Neitzel, yeah, I had to kiss a couple of frogs before I found my prince!! Holiday hugs to all!

" Aspire to Inspire before you Expire"

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2005 :  2:07:06 PM  Show Profile
Junebug..you arn't the only one!!
I was born Jennifer Rae ..not named after anyone that I know of and I have NEVER gone by Jennifer. I think it is a fine name..but not me..I am Jenny. The Rae sounds fine with Jennifer but since I have always gone by Jenny...Jenny Rae sounds pretty okie..which as a matter of fact is my heritage..so I guess that makes sense. My maiden name no one ever spelled correctly..everyone wanted to write
Jenny in Utah
It's astonishing how short a time it takes for very wonderful things to happen...Frances Burnette

Edited by - Aunt Jenny on Jan 14 2006 9:22:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyCrystal
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Alicia
Rhode Island
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2005 :  2:53:15 PM  Show Profile
My Name is Alicia Anne.I have always hated Alicia ever since I was little.It's ok now but back then no one pronouced it right.So when I was 6 I said that wasn't going to be my name anymore and wouldn't answer to anything but Lisa.So Now my whole family calls me Lisa and I even have a AKA on my credit report.
Alicia

http://fromcitytocountrygirl.blogspot.com/
follow your dreams
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2005 :  3:31:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Hey Jenny! Try having the maiden name of La Vergne...NO ONE can spell or pronounce that one! My favorite misconstruing was when my Mom was pg with me, and the nurse called her Mrs. La Virgin....LOL
I was very glad to become a Jensen.
Diane was just a name they liked (which I have never liked for some reason..probably becasue my nick names were Doo DOO, Dido,thanks to my brother)and Kathleen which was my aunts middle name, and now my eldest daughter and grandaughters too.
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2005 :  3:55:57 PM  Show Profile
I was born Anne Louise . Anne because my mom thought I was going to be a boy and didn't have a girls name picked out until one of her co-workers said that Anne (her name) always was easy to spell and never had a problem with other pronouncing it. Louise is for my father's mother back in Germany - when I went there in College she introduced me to everyone she met as Anne Louise.

"Second star to the right, straight on till morning" Peter Pan

Edited by - asnedecor on Jan 17 2006 06:51:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2005 :  4:08:16 PM  Show Profile
I edited some of my info. I know you have it now Patricia.

"Sell cleverness and buy wonder"

Edited by - jpbluesky on Jan 13 2006 10:15:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2005 :  4:21:29 PM  Show Profile
i'm loving all the names and stories. (gettin' some great ones for that little dolly name notebook of mine!) and the stories behind the names and nick-names are lots of fun to hear about. keep 'em comin'!! xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2005 :  4:29:39 PM  Show Profile
My dad's name was Kenneth Lloyd, my folks were in the late 30's when I was born, their first child, and I guess they thougt they would be pushing it holding out for a boy, so they named me after him. Somehow they came up with Kennie Lyn. I know two other female Kennies. One was Kennie Gene, the other was Kennie Lyn. The other Kennie Lyn was in a car that came into a service station that dh worked at 35 years ago. He about fell over when the people in the car called to their little girl Kennie Lyn. They were from West Virginia, and were just passing thru. I never really liked it, and when I married it became a tongue twister, so I gave my girls really simple easy names. I have had numerous nicknames in my life, all the way from Skinny Lyn, Winnie Winnie, DeDe, KLyn and Charlie. In my later years I seem to have settled into the name. The really bad thing about my whole name is it doesn't fit on any line I am signing. In some baby book it says the two names together means still pool. I like that. And my last name means ringing brook. Funny.

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page

jenny louise
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

jennifer
cass city MI
USA
166 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2005 :  4:36:59 PM  Show Profile
I was named jennifer louise lester. Jennifer was not very popular then, in the 50's and my dad liked it. Louise is after my mom and her mom and gramma.
Here are some other names for your babies, frannie.
My sisters are margaret kay, marlene fay, mary irene, rebecca suzanne, and my brothers are alan creighton and clifford leighton. If you didn't notice there are two sets of twins, poor mama!
I collect names as well for all of the lambs born each spring...fiona, persephonee, ahlene, and miss divine are some from this year.
I love the names as well, and i do wish also that some parents were more thoughtful when naming. My daughter is jessica nicol, because at the time i liked both names, and now she is jessie. My son is austin david, because i really liked the first and david after a dear relative. Jenny louise
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2005 :  5:19:49 PM  Show Profile
Hi Frannie ~ Part of what I do in "people" readings is analyze the vibrations in their birth name, which gives me a lot of info on them (heh heh). Did you know we choose our names as well as all the other aspects of our births? Yeah, I hear your farmgirls saying, "Not me! I hate this name! I'd never have chosen it!" Au contraire, my friends. It's all done on a higher self or soul level, and the choices are made to accomodate the vibrations you need.

From your full name at birth, I can tell your personality, your lessons, your talents and gifts, and a bunch of other things. Since you put your name out here for all of us to see, let me tell you a few things:

You're a very old soul with a lot of wisdom and experience in this plane. You're a leader, which is why you always get shoved up to the front of the parade, whether or not you want to be there. You're very original, creative and have a strong sense of self. You'd have made a good pioneer and you always are think of better ways to do things - you'd be a good inventor. You are motivated in everything you do by a strong love of helping people. You put yourself for others but never to the point of hurting yourself. You feel things deeply and can easily go to extremes with your emotions. You are very artistic, and have a way with words. Anything that involves words: writing, communications, even singing, you do well. You have only one lesson in this life, and that one might not even be a lesson. I won't tell it here, but will tell you privately if you want. If I had your birth date I could tell you more.

This is just off the top, but fun, isn't it? If anybody wants to share their name with me, I'll do the same for them. Again, it's just a quick, off the top sample. It's interesting that when you change your name, as when women take their husband's name in marriage, the new name reflects the changes that marriage or situation makes in your life. Interesting. I teach a course on this science. I love to see what makes people tick.

My own name isn't very interesting, but my daughter's is. Before she was born, I didn't know whether to call her Christina or Carina. I loved both names and went into the delivery room not knowing who she was until I saw her and then I knew. When they showed her to me, I smiled and said, "Oh, it's Christina."

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2005 :  04:49:26 AM  Show Profile
Wow Patricia, you did you good job on Frannie, sounds just like her! Can you do me please!!! I'm Susan Debbie Renner, Krewson, Luck, Neitzel I know each marriage has made my life now, and I'm grateful for the lessons learned and children gifted to me. This science is SO fasinating, how do you do it???

" Aspire to Inspire before you Expire"

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2005 :  05:31:27 AM  Show Profile
YOU: Anything that involves words: writing,communications, even singing, you do well.

ME: WOWZER gurlfren .. you were 'hittin' it pretty good ... 'ceptin' that 'singing .. you do well' part. I can't carry a tune in a bucket.

YOU: You have only one lesson in this life, and that one might not even be a lesson. I won't tell it here, but will tell you privately if you want.

ME: ooohhhh ... good, bad or indifferent ... i wanna' know this one .. and honestly, don't mind if you share it here with the other girls. (the farmgirls i count among my 'true friends') and maybe they can help me along with it.)

If i had to 'guess' at my one lesson in life .. i'd say it was to live a joyous life and to share that joy ... and i love being the 'wind beneath the wings' of my friends .. and OH MY! my 'momma-hood and grammie-hood' are right up there at the top of the list .. Well .... i guess that's more than "one" life lesson.

I've always had a profound and deep spiritual feeling about my youngest daughter ... Wednesday Michelle Young (birth name) Meshorer (adopted name) Szollosi (married name). (Born: October 31, 1970). I have, since her birth, believed that she is a messenger of God, an 'angel unawares' .. and was held in the arms of God and gently released to this earth to bless every life she touches. Don't know WHERE those feelings come from ... but from the first moment i saw her and unto this very day ... i feel blessed in her presence.

I've also always thought that one of the reasons i was born here on this earth at this time was to provide unqualified, never-ending love to my oldest daughter, Lisa Lynn Yeroschevski (birth name) ... Kristen Suzanne Eddy (adopted name .. adopted by my very sweet first husband, Jimmie Eddy) Meshorer (never officially adopted by Hank .. but nevertheless .. he was her 'dad') .. Meade (a very short yucky marriage) .. and Hight (her 'live-in beau' of 15 years! How's THAT for a buncha' names! (Born: October 6, 1965 .. adopted April 1967).

And oh honey! you don't even want to know all of MY last names!

YOU: If I had your birth date I could tell you more.

ME: JUNE 5, 1941

'tell me more'!!

oh .. and tell us more about how you come about this? what if two women are named Frances Catherine .. but are very opposite .. how does that work? and how do those nick-names and the various last names we have in life affect our personalities? ohhhhh soooo fascinating!

can hardly wait to hear about the other farmgirls too!

............ leaving for ohio in about an hour .. sooo .. i'll read more about me when i get home sweet home. xoxo

True Friends, Frannie

Edited by - CabinCreek-Kentucky on Dec 22 2005 06:05:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2005 :  07:21:24 AM  Show Profile
Love this!

Patricia, you are a wealth of information!

Oh, Frannie, thanks for letting us in on your "reading". This will be so interesting.

I was born Catherine Elaine Sibert. There is a 3 generation tradition of names ending in the "n" sound. I don't know why, though. It can be spelled many ways from in, ine, en, ene, etc... The history of names are Carmen, Tobin, Orine, Geraldine, Eugene, Maxine, Aline, Alvin, Jeanine, Caroline, Arlene, Catherine, Elaine, Arlene again, and Kristin. My husband, Jason, actually fits in the tradition and adds a new spelling!

We chose our daughters' names based on the tradition and their historical meanings. Arlene Nicole means "a pledge/promise" "victorious people". Kristin Elizabeth means "Christian/follower of Christ" "consecrated to God/oath of God" We wanted positive meanings for their names because we know that God thinks names are important. He was in the habit of changing names. For example, He changed Abram ("father") to Abraham ("father of the multitude) and from Abraham came all the descendents of the Hebrews. He changed Sarai ("quarrelsome") to Sarah ("princess") I wonder if there is something to becoming what your name is?

Oh, I just realized that my husband's last name, well, my last name, too.....fits the tradition...Griffin! Patricia, I wonder what all this "n" stuff means?

Blessings!
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

Once upon a Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

Ivy
Bartlett TN
USA
57 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2005 :  07:42:01 AM  Show Profile
Patricia, will you do a quick analysis of may name and birthdate?

Thanks.

Edited by - Once upon a Farm on Jan 15 2006 07:40:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2005 :  08:44:57 AM  Show Profile
I will be happy to begin to do everybody who asks this afternoon. I will also explain the science/spirituality behind the whole thing. Farmgirls, you have given me so much, let this be a wee giftie back. Luanne, I'd love to swap for doggie reading. Let me know what you offer, remember it doesn't have to be much - maybe some fabric or squares? Gotta go get the day moving. I'll be back later.

In love and light,
Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

LadyCrystal
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Alicia
Rhode Island
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2005 :  10:04:22 AM  Show Profile
Patricia,
I would love to know more about myself, and If you don't mind it would be greatly appreciated.Thank you,
Alicia Anne

http://fromcitytocountrygirl.blogspot.com/
follow your dreams

Edited by - LadyCrystal on Jan 12 2006 12:16:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2005 :  10:08:36 AM  Show Profile
Of course I too would love to know about what my name says about me. I've done a little studying on the birthday thing. I like knowing peoples birthdays. It helps me to know what they're like. We just hired someone in my office and my first question was..when is your bithday and it happens he is a Virgo and every Virgo that I have met so far I instantly get along it. I was happy. I see a lot similarities with people and their birthdays, hey my husband and I have the same birthday ans I knew that moment when I found out that we had the same birthdays that we would be together till the end, I just knew. Anyway I love hearing about myself, are we a little vain? Melissa is Greek ans it means honey bee, I like this a lot. I especailly like when my name is spoken in a accent like Greek or Spanish it sound so much nicer they always say it with a little more accent on the E like Me'lessa. I believe Ann comes from my Dad's youngest sister Crystal Ann, that's what I was told. The funny thing is, I look a lot like her. I like my husbands last name \ I would love to know what my name says about me. I am also curious about what my husbands name says to. I'll trade something for the the info. Actually I have something on my desk Patricia that I made with you and your daughter in mind I think I'd like to send it to you after the holiday. email me with your address.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Edited by - sqrl on Jan 16 2006 10:25:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

Patti
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

Patti
Orlando FL
USA
5 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2005 :  11:43:09 AM  Show Profile
Patricia, I am Patricia too, but only got called that in Catholic school and now in the doctor's or dentist's office. Often I don't look up because I don't feel like Patricia. As a child I was called Pat or Patsy, both of which I don't like. Only my mother may call me Patsy, because she says it with love. I asked my mother why she named me Patricia Ann and she said that it was a very popular baby's name in the 40's. Birth was 10/23/46. When I was around 14, evenyone seemed to be dropping the "y" at the end of Patty and became Pattie or Patti, so there I was. I felt it fit me. I am a Scorpio, which seems to be considered the bad sign of the Zodiac, although I'm not sure why. In a James Bond movie I heard a bosomy Bond girl say, "They call me Scorpio (say Skorrrrppppio) because I have a stinger (stingggher)in my tail." Well, I am neither bosomy nor do I have a stinger, but sometimes a sharp tongue that gets me into trouble. Since I was born on the cusp, I read the Libra and Scorpio horoscopes and choose the one that appeals, applies, or is just more positive, but I do feel like a Scorpio. I'm married to a Pices, who is one of the finest men I've ever met. I know Dr. Phil hates that "soulmate" stuff, but I honestly feel like I found mine. We've been married thrity-five years. Oh, and as a child when we played some make believe game, I always called myself Susan, a name I never hear anymore but continue to love.
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2005 :  12:14:45 PM  Show Profile
OK, ladies, let me clarify some stuff here. I love hearing all these stories! It occurs to me I should make sure everybody is OK with what I say on this forum. If you want privacy, please let me know before I start and I will email you privately. I am very honest and will tell you exactly what I see. It doesn't do any good for me to flatter people or tell them what I think they want to hear. Also, the least you tell me the better. For now, full name at birth, any name changes that you USED - or was used for you - FOR AT LEAST TWO YEARS - if less that two years, it doesn't count. I'll explain why when I explain how it works. Also, you might as well include your birth date because that tells me a lot about you, too. I am not an astrologer. I know very little about astrology and don't use it in readings. I have nothing against it. It's just not my thing. The vibrations in the birth date are what speak to me. OK. Those who have given me the name but no birthdate, please add the birth date. I will do everybody as time permits, but I will do everybody. Boy, am I glad I got mostly all my Christmas stuff done early!

Love,P

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2005 :  12:16:11 PM  Show Profile
I'll wait on Frannie since she'll be gone for a while. Hope you're having the best time and a safe trip, Kentucky woman (you shine with your own kind of light. Ow)

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Birth Certificate Name Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page