Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Winter Mini Apron Swap! Melting under the Sun!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Winter Mini Apron Swap! Melting under the Sun! Next Topic
Page: of 17

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2009 :  08:40:25 AM  Show Profile
Kathie: You will surely be a blessing to that little baby!!

I will make my minis today!! My promise to you all and to myself. Doing something very simple, but should look cute and wintery when I am done. I was making it too complicated and then had to stop and say, "Whoa! Make it easy and fun!" I think they will be cute.

My quilting and life blog!!
http://downtoearthliving.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2009 :  08:56:56 AM  Show Profile
yay

http://hectichousehold.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2009 :  09:38:50 AM  Show Profile
I am almost done!! Got a new pair of pinking shears and am using them. Makes it a lot less work since my hands do not like that little hem!

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2009 :  10:02:56 AM  Show Profile
im using pink shears as well!

Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2009 :  10:22:48 AM  Show Profile
Pinking shears are the best!! My minis are done and on my blog!! Hope you like them...

Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2009 :  10:41:24 AM  Show Profile
Holy cow

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2009 :  4:57:06 PM  Show Profile
Alright Sheryl-lyn good thinking I agree sometimes we make things harder then they should be after all swaps are just supposed to be fun not stressful.
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2009 :  5:27:34 PM  Show Profile
I was really stressing out about the minis and thought, "Why?" Some of the cutest ones are the simple ones, right? So, I am very, very simple this time! They look clean and crisp to me though, so I am happy. Thank goodness I had to go to Michaels for a tapestry needle today. Saw the felt, the ribbon, the snowflakes and the pinking shears! Inspiration in one place.

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2009 :  5:36:58 PM  Show Profile
good job!!

Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2009 :  5:48:08 PM  Show Profile
YAY! I am happy they are done.

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2009 :  5:57:04 PM  Show Profile
do u wanna do mine? I have everything cut, just need to et on it, and figure out a new waist band. Then, I need to kick carmens butt into gear, she is draggin her feet on these

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2009 :  9:55:31 PM  Show Profile
Sheryl, a few weeks ago when I was trying to think of fabric for the skirts I turned around and my eyes landed on some handdyed wool felt that I have for rug hooking...so that's what I've cut my skirts from. Yours are very cute! Has anyone else choosen felt for the skirts?

Queen of Dreamsz ~ keeper of dream kingdom
www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com ~~~~~~The Portal to A Vintage Collection & My Creative Journey
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  06:24:19 AM  Show Profile
Morning Girls!
I'm playin hooky today..
Well not REALLY Hooky.. I actually am off to see the Nuerologist at 11.. But I decided i'll not
go back to work after that.. I'm just going to take the afternoon off too... So there..
I have so much to do here.. I'm having the Baby Shower here.. So I have things to get ready in the House.. & you know How this man I live with seems to work.. He spireal from the outside in.. rather then the inside out.. & His projets get out of control.. & spill into bigger ones.. Which tend to never really show completion on his man goal..
HOWEVER! i'll have you know! i DO now have a ROOF on a FINISHED Back Porch now!
The Laundry room & bath room wall are up.. (Didn't say they were painted yet..He still hasn't finished taping & mudding yet..)but they walls are indeed up! The tile is up in the shower.. & he's framed in around the bathroom window this weekend too!
I put a tile splash board all around the wall that the sink is on.. & then tiled up the wall
about 4 or 5 tiles high on the left of the stove.. that looks great.. So.. progress is being seen.. In SOME areas anyway.. !

One step forward.. & 2 steps back sometimes it feels though..
Last week I was under attack by these TEENTZY little miniscule Sugar ants.. all over the sewing room.. Which some of you may know is where I keep my Spiders..
If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate them.. I'm trying several things right now..
Of course bug spray is out of the question..
I've got Borax all over the place.. & that doesn't seem to bother them.. I have vasaline smeared all around each of the tanks.. so most everyone is any free so far.. Now i have each tank resting on a brick isolated on a cookie sheet in a pan of water.. their own Motes! Mini
Spidie Islands.. It's really quite rediculous! I only had two tanks that actually had Ants that got inside.. luckily they were large spiders who were very cooperative.. so now they are housed in very small quarters until I can get them back into their proper homes.. But I can't go through all that getting them back until I know their real big tank isn't going to be reinfested with those stupid little ants again.. So.. as I said.. Any ideas or help would be great Girls.. Jess!

Ok.. off to the Dr.s for me..
Probably a morning for My CT Scan too.. so I'll talk to ya soon Ladies.. Behave yourselves!

Kathie..
Farm Girl Sister #29

"In a World Where You Can Be Anything, Be Yourself.."

www.nitegardener.blogspot.com

www.NitegardenerLite.blogspot.com

http://www.nitegardener.etsy.com/

Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  06:58:43 AM  Show Profile
YEA finished mine!!! dance dance dance.....
will be mailing them Friday...yipee! You all are so right, make it fun, make it easy! very pretty!
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  07:28:39 AM  Show Profile
hmmmm...i will have to see if i can get my dad to dig deep into his broken brain to help u out there Kathie...how about vinegar? have you wiped down your baseboards, window ledges with vinegar? ants hate it, not sure about spiders....ok off to email my dad, see what we can come up with, i know trapped in his brain is the answer.

Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  10:34:10 AM  Show Profile
supposedly ants also hate black pepper and chalk..and won't cross either. question is, what is attracting them and is there any remedy to eliminating that without depriving the spiders.
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  11:36:55 AM  Show Profile
Kathy~thinking of your friend Dan and his wife Lorette. I will be praying for them. What a difficult thing to go through.

Prayers for the situation with your son and girlfriend. That is so hard. I hope that all goes smoothly without ruffled feathers.

Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  12:16:48 PM  Show Profile
Let's see...I'm not supposed to withdraw from this swap no matter what, right? LOL

I have 4 finished maybe I'll get them done in time to swap...Geessseee, I want this move over with..I can't even think straight anymore...oh well, enough spilling over from my crazy life.

www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com ~~~~~~The Portal to A Vintage Collection & My Creative Journey
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  7:38:58 PM  Show Profile
Ruth.. Thank you so much for all your Thought & Prayers in every direction Sister..
We all truly do appreciate your thinking of us down here..
I'll be sure to let Dan Know that everyone is thinking of him..
He never seems to get this quiet right whenh i'm talking about you all at work.. He refers to us all as "Prarie Chicks" Butch does too..
Must be some visionary thing for them I've decided! Strange men that they are!

I made Jeffrey & Alex Go register.. They were like Why?? I said DO this Please!
I said Go to Target & Babies R Us for me will you! So they finally did today!
They really are not expecting much of a shower really.. since her family isn't very involved.
& there's so much stil going on with our side.. But My Girls at work have heard me go on about it & when i said i think i'm just going to have to have a Shower.. they are all about rallying behind me.. & are pushing to find out what they need..(everything of course..) & where they will be registering.. So Jeff called me about 4 times today to tell me what fun they were having..
Then tonight He sent me a text that said "Oh yes.. The baby just Said she wants a Plasma TV Too!" I said Nice Try Kiddo!
But he said they had a hoot walking around with a scanner picking out all the things on their wish list.. & i went today to get the fabric for MY quilt for the baby..
When i got home tonight they said they were SO tired.. But they were wondering what We were wanting the baby to call us.. I said Well .. I had always thought Grannie.. since that's what I always jokingly say .. & Jeff said NO Mom.. NOT Grannie.. your not Old enough to be Grannie..
I said well I think the baby needs to decide.. what ever they try to say..
But he said It will TRY to say some form of what WE tell it my name is.. so we need to find something.. & he really wants a different name..
I said it doesn't matter to me Jeff..
I said just Tah then.. (All my neices & nephews all call me Tah..) & Cousins called me Tah & baby Tah.. when I was little I had a 2nd Cousin that had a sister that was named Kathy.. & her brother Chuck couldn't say Kathy.. He called her Tah.. when i was born I became baby Tah.. So ever since.. I was Baby Tah.. & then Tah! & when My oldest nephew Zach was born he couldn't say Kathie either IT ALSO came out Tah! The strangest thing huh!
So We talked about Tah.. & Jeff still wasn't happy.. He wanted something newer & MORE Unique!
Then we talked about another name I had before.. that My uncle Frank called me sometimes..
It was sort of like Tah.. but he would joke about it.. My 1st name is Sally..
& he started calling me Ya Ya.. So.. Jeff has decided the Baby is going to call me YaYa..
Now.. If THAT isn't different enough.. Lets see if it lasts..!

We couldn't stop laughing at the Ideas we were coming up with for Butch though..
I think we should just go with Boo & be done with it.. YaYa & Boo..
Now really.. how many YaYa & Boo's do you know?

Anyway.. definatly a lighter air here the last couple of weeks here for me..
If i could just eliminate my Sister inlaw from the script entirely.. Life wouldn't be so awfuly
bad.. but of coures.. she being what she is.. she loves to meddle & interfere..
So she will & does.. causing constant strife & chaos..
She won't be happy I've decided until i've properly beat the piss out of her..
oops.. that didn't sound very grandmotherly of me.. did it?
well then.. i'll just have to do it before that Baby gets here then.. won't I!

OK!

I have heard about the chalk thing too Ronna.. Not sure how i could manage that In the sewing room.. Woman.. have you not seen the pictures I posted back a year or so ago on my sewing room.. wee oo! What a mess.. It was like true confessions of a sick stash oholic.. one of these nut job horders on Oprah!
But I'll give it a try where I can.. The Pepper I'm sure I can manage..
(I'll probably Never stop sneezing myself of course..!) But I'll sling some around in there!

ok.. what was the other advice.. jess? Oh! Vinegar.. OHHhh! Jess.. What i would give to see my Baseboards again sweetness! I wonder what they must look like?
Why It's been years i'll bet you since I've seen a baseboard in that room!
Now.. thats not because i'm THAT bad a house keeper..(Which I AM of course..)
That has nothing to do with it.. It's just because i have every single solitary NOOK & Crany & Crevis & crack to stuffed & stashed full of crap in that room..
(& yes.. just about every other room in my house!) That I couldn't begin to find the Baseboards in that room...!
But Hey.. I'll load up a couple of Butch Baby's Diabetic Syringes full of Vinegar & shoot some in the general direction of where I'm SURE I know they were last seen!

HE by the way is in there pounding on something at the moment.. I have NO earthly idea what that man is doing now at 10:00 at night! I left him in his recliner watching Family Guy.. Now he's pounding? or Hammering or something? shoot.. I hope he's not flipped himself over in his chair & he's not been trying to get my attention or something.. That would be just awful.. wouldn't it?
You know.. one of those..
"Help I've fallen & My stupid wife is ignoring me & i can't get up moments!"
Wow.. I'd be a real peice of work over that one!

ok.. enough of my fun.. Oh wait.. no.. my mind wanders.. Yes.. went to see Quack Nuerologist..
Ok.. I need to give him more credit then that I reckon.. i'm the reatrd thats been going to him for 13 years.. Anyway.. added more drugs to my Resume'.. I have quite the Portfolio..
Nurse Ratchet would be so jealous!
He never seems to remove any.. you know.. we never move any to the Minus side.. they always stay on the plus side.. we just keep adding & adding.. i think I'm beggining to sound like a walking gumball machine.. stick a coin in.. tell me what color you want.. I have lots!
So Dr. Quack says we will play this WAITING game on the MAGNESIUM SULFATE INFUSION!
Does THIS little procedure sound ever so fun or what? I'm not as intimidated by the sound of it as i WAS when he first suggested the little thing to me.. since I've now read that they give it to pregnant woman too! i feel ever so much better about it.. Can't be THAT bad then.. Right?
So.. when i am at the PEAK of a REALLY bad Migraine.. i am to Rush over to the Hospital.. with Dr.s orders in hand & announce that i am HERE for my infusion now please!
& apparaently this lovely little cocktail MAY or MAY NOT put a break in the Nuerons that are now CONSTANTLY firing in my Brain causing these Constant Migraines that have now become every other day to every 3rd day for me!
But I have to wait until it's a REALLY bad one.. can't waste this on a puny old Migraine..
Has to be a real doozy!
So.. he's in a brand new office.. this is just down the road.. new nurses & all..
Taken up practice with his Dr Daughter..
& the New Nurse is doing all my readings & stats & says.. What do you see him for?
i say Migraines.. & She says AND your MS.. I said no.. Just My Migraines..
& she says.. oh.. who treats your MS.. I said i don't HAVE MS.. she says.. um..
says you do..
I said i Don't..
& she didn't say anything.. I said Why did you say that?
& she was quiet & i said it again.. WHY did you think i had MS..
She said Because it SAYS you do..
SO.. When my Quack came in.. I asked him WHY the Nurse thought I had MS..
He said.. because you very likely could..
Nice..
So.. when would I get to know this..
He says.. It's very difficult to diagnose.. & your already on most of the same medications now
& I've seen you for years.. you have all the classic signs & Symptoms of MS..
theres no reason to lable you with MS..
So.. I have my ANNUAL MRI too again..to rule out my.. BRAIN Tumor! tomorrow..
WITH & with OUT contrast.. & I suppose he may very well possibly even take a look at a little bit of something else while they have THOSE images handy as well what do ya think?
& hey.. heres a novel idea.. he MAY even fill ME in on the NEWS this time!

Goof ball!

So, I LOVE for Men to think they get to decide what to tell you & What NOT to tell you..
Especially when it's about yourself..

ANYWAY..

Done with that for now.. (Besides.. I get more Drugs!)

& Steph! NO.. NOOOOooo Backing out! Get it in Gear Woman!!

alright.. I've gone on long enough about me & my load of crap tonight!!!

I've left you in the lurches long enough..
Guess what.. I HAVE MAIL!!!!
BEAUTIFUL MAIL!!!

YIPPEE!!!

Ok from Our DEAR Sweet Cinnamon Girl!
Gosh Carrie.. I just can't tell you How great it is to have you back in my life again!
Have you ever had some one that you knew.. that you never realized how much you'd been missing them until you connected back up with them again! There you are again!
So glad to ahve you here Sister!
I still have that adorable little Rag Doll you made me a couple years ago or so for a swap.. she sits on a shelf in my sewing room gaurding all of my sewing baskets! i love her!

ok.. enough reminecing..
ANYWAY!! Carrie Made You Guessed it BLUE With Snowflakes! Nice Long Apron Strings.. which always tickels me! & the Snowflakes are White & Green! I really can't wait to see all of these all together! they are going to be amazing! Really I think our theme could almost have been Snowflakes! i don't think any thing on mine have snowflakes though.. i'll have to look..
I wonder if it counts if the person making them is a flake?
ANYWAY!! Your going to LOVE Carrie's! They are adorable!
AND!!
We have a NEW girls that ALSO arrived today too!
I am THINKING they are Ann's.. I'll go back on tyhe thread to double check.. the envelope has just her last name & theres no note.. But I'm sure I know who it is..
Anyway! they are So Prescious! My All time Favorite Color! RED! WITH YEP!! Snowflakes!
White Snowflakes! AND White crocheted or lace waste bands! So Perfect! Ann Great Job Girl!
You'd Never ever guess these were your first ones! they are JUSt like the rest of the Gangs!
Whoo hoo!
I'm so pleased for the both of you! They are both awsome little bundles AND way before the deadline too!

ok.. enough of me..
love ya Lots girls..

ok i lied.. I have an idea.. For my blog..
What do you think of a Poem corner..? Stupid.. Or do you think people wouold steal my Poems?
Not that they are good,. they are actually pretty stupid usually.. but still they are mine..
right? so ya don't want someone else taking off with your things..
Just thought i'd get a feel you what you all thought.. I know Georganne used to write on her Blog alot.. God i haven't talked to her in forever.. have any of you girls?
Man that makes me the worst friend ever huh?

ok.. wandering off into another realm again!

Sorry..
Night Chickadees..

Sleep well!

Kathie..
Farm Girl Sister #29

"In a World Where You Can Be Anything, Be Yourself.."

www.nitegardener.blogspot.com

www.NitegardenerLite.blogspot.com

http://www.nitegardener.etsy.com/

Edited by - Kathie on Feb 03 2009 5:20:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  8:13:12 PM  Show Profile
I think i found her on small town living, not sure.

Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  8:29:36 PM  Show Profile
Kathie, bet I can match you on the messy clutter sewing room. I should take a 'before' pic so it will look so much better in the 'after' one. that is if I'd stay home and stop buying even more. Did I need 3 more quilt books? two at 40% and one at 50% off said I did and I truly know I don't already have these. Oh, and found some cool little spools of trim in red, green, silver and gold for the mini's on clearance for a quarter.
One of my favorite thrift shops is next door, so you know where I went, since it's 99 cent Monday. Then I "had" to stop and see a friend at the other thrift shop where she works part time. The stack of old cooking booklets were calling my name, as was the tub of even more play food for Jess' kids kitchen. I think they'll be able to "cook" just about anything now.
The spouse is officially gone back to work until the 3rd week in Feb, so I can clean/sort/sew to my hearts content while he's gone.
Kathie, I know magnesium is helpful for pain, I take lots to help with the Fibromyalgia. An infusion of it to lessen or stop the migraines...do you take a bunch anyway and that would just be a huge dose? Can't imagine having them virtually nonstop as you do. Do hope all the testing gives the Dr (and YOU) some good clues to alleviate the misery...no, I'm not talking about Butch :)
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  8:44:23 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Kathie, just a minor anxiety attack... omg, the Prairie Chicks...LOL....

Maybe Ellesmera, Penny and Dee need to make a nite visit to SIL...hahahaha...may be over for her if she has a bad heart. ok, that wasn't nice at all I know but it seemed like a good combination of visitors for the meddlesome woman.

Kathie, oh, the MRI, the MS label, the drugs, the infusion, don't you feel soooooo special! NOT!! I had to list all my meds a few weeks ago and it really made my head spin..quite scary at 50 years old to have all this crap going wrong. Let us know what you find out..This has got to STOP.

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2009 :  1:55:35 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Kathie!! OMG I missed you soooo much.!

You need some new meditation prayer candles lit...I'll do that for you right now.

Keep telling us all about it...I have plenty of the quacks too....what ya gonna do...the quacks run the world..don't they? Danny's doctors all say something different and he is always changing meds...very powerful meds with bad side effects...

I've got a problem with my minis...got 4 done and my hand won't work the machine any longer...tendonitis and hurt it again recently...wish me luck...the big long splint is a pain...but I have use it most of the time.
I'll figure out how to make the rest of my 16... I'm making Christmas ones...they are different and I think everyone will like them

Love and kisses to you Kathie...your posts mean so much.
Linda

Linda in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
BLESSED ARE THE CRACKED FOR THEY ARE THE ONES WHO LET IN THE LIGHT!

Have a wonderful Farmgirl New Year!!
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2009 :  3:01:31 PM  Show Profile
Kathie: I am saying prayers for you and doing a voodoo spell on that quackeroo you see!! :) I hope he takes care of you though, or you wouldn't go to him, right?

Well, I was actually dreaming about mini aprons last night. How deranged is that when I am done with them and not worried about it anymore? I need to get a life.

Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2009 :  9:24:32 PM  Show Profile
Glad they came pleasure doing your swap. Miss all your good ole stories on here. You take care of yourself and I am just an email away shorter than driving over for tea although that would be a blast. You know I always get antsy over that mule ride there to deliver my goods so I appreciate all your kind words. Haven't made those in a very long time hope they pass as my machine was not very friendly to me. But I think we have worked through that. Moving on to next swap.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Winter Mini Apron Swap! Melting under the Sun! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page