Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Winter Mini Apron Swap! Melting under the Sun!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Winter Mini Apron Swap! Melting under the Sun! Next Topic
Page: of 17

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2009 :  09:16:03 AM  Show Profile
I have NO excuse to slack.
When I had a 2 year old and did daycare, I would sew when kids were napping~needless to say, it was hit or miss.
The only true craftsy stuff I did was kid-related and most of my time was spent at "storytime" at the library and
at the park.
NOW, for me, excuses are like axxxxxxs, everyone's got one and they all stink. I don't even have grandchildren as an excuse....yet. Can't wait to launch that excuse. lol

http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/ BLOG
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2009 :  4:09:51 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I have my machine, fabric, pattern and most supplies on my table....still looking for the foot pedal for the machine!! where did it go?
I'm trying...trying to not be a slacker...
waaahhhhh

Linda in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
BLESSED ARE THE CRACKED FOR THEY ARE THE ONES WHO LET IN THE LIGHT!

Have a wonderful Farmgirl New Year!!
Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2009 :  4:23:52 PM  Show Profile
Ok ladies, I am intimidated by the speed of your machines! I have half of mine done but they are being done in fits and starts! I'm dealing with an ailing mother and I must say working on these darling aprons are better than Prozac! We loving call her the GOL or Grumpy Old Lady. I am hoarding my little aprons and doing just a few at a time. What will I do when I am done??? I guess I'll just have to join another swap!!!

Proud Farmgirl Sister # 267
www.schultztroupe.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2009 :  5:42:07 PM  Show Profile
Yes Dana! THATS the best medicine STAY OVERLY Busy Girl!
You won't know whether your comin or going.. & you'll rarely me a swap deadline.. but you'll have a great time.. & we'll do our best to make to smile & laugh now & then when we can.. But if you want to jump in & start hollering.. this is the place for that too.. we've got great big shoulders here Sister!

Kathie..
Farm Girl Sister #29

"In a World Where You Can Be Anything, Be Yourself.."

www.nitegardener.blogspot.com

www.NitegardenerLite.blogspot.com

http://www.nitegardener.etsy.com/

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2009 :  6:25:55 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Miss Dana,,yes yes go for it...tell us all about it. We'll support ya!

I love the sewing too when I can get to it.

Right now James Bond is keeping me company....haven't seen those old movies in a long time. it's on tv...then going to sleep.
nite James Bond, James Bond, shaken, not stirred...lol
ok I'm done

Linda in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
BLESSED ARE THE CRACKED FOR THEY ARE THE ONES WHO LET IN THE LIGHT!

Have a wonderful Farmgirl New Year!!
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2009 :  1:14:26 PM  Show Profile
Dana~Keep joining those swaps. You have an excuse for not having yours done yet. I haven't even started mine.

I think it's because I am overflowing in owl hats. I don't know when I am going to do those. I wrote down next Tuesday. I better stick with it and just sit down and not get up until they are all done.

Hold me accountable to that. If I come on this computer at all next Tuesday~you must all kick me off. Send me packing until those little minis are all done.

Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kelly Wall
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Kelly
Apison TN
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2009 :  2:43:16 PM  Show Profile
Taking a break! Must eat dinner! 1/2 way there! running out of creativity! May need to wait till tommorrow!

Kelly
Farmgirl #238
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2009 :  3:41:19 PM  Show Profile
My brain is still on blank! It is so freaking cold in this house, I find it hard to sew wearing mittens and snow suits and ski masks. The cold has never made me feel so awful until this year. I'm ready to insulate the windoows with piles of books, but it probably wouldn't work. I'm just going to cut out something and see what happens. Not much, i expect. Sounds like this is going to be quite the swap though, and since I know Ronna is joining in I figure I have to follow through....

K.

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2009 :  7:28:19 PM  Show Profile
ha i have some done so maybe i am not such a slacker

lavendar girl
http://lavendarfieldsdreamer.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2009 :  02:58:35 AM  Show Profile
Kathie girl, we are suppose to be able to walk into our sewing rooms, are ya sure!!!!!! Ok, I have a path to the computer but that is about it. The laundry is almost caught up, a few more things to go, and then I can finally fianlly maybe find the exploded sewing room.

Nope, haven't even started these babies yet, but have an idea finally, at last, whhoosssiieee.

Dana, glad the minis are helping you keep your sanity, don't worry just expect me to sign you up for the minis for a very long time, they are addictive and darn cute.....hugs girl

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2009 :  03:06:40 AM  Show Profile
Hey Kathie, that barn picture on your nitegardnerlite is beautiful girl......

You got quite the treasures, snakey included.....lol

Go to Top of Page

JenniferJuniper
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Jennifer
New Hampshire
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2009 :  09:19:19 AM  Show Profile
kathie, I mailed these out to ya today.

Farmgirl Sister #204
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2009 :  6:07:14 PM  Show Profile
Girls Girls GIRLS!!

Have had a Week!

not all entirely bad.. just really busy..

We Have had Some GREAT! MAIL Too!

1st off My Apologies to you Dear Diana! Your arrived on Saturday I do Believe.. may have been Monday.. But since I'm admitting to being forgetful.. I'll say Saturday..
ANYWAY!! What Pretty little Beauties girls!
Yes the Theme is Winter.. But it really must have most certainly been more specifically SNOW themed from what I am seeing so far.. & actually to clarify this.. Snow FLAKES!
Gorgeous little shimmery Snokflakes on a blue lit night!
So Pretty! She also did a few that look like a lovely Christmas colored package!
Which ever you get Your going to be tickeled over!

NEXT!! I came home today to TWO more sweet little Packages! One from One of our Now Senior Mini Crew Members.. Jennifer Juniper!
She ALWAYS comes up with THE most AMAZING ideas ever! I could eat these up!
The most scrumptious little baby blue courderoy Mini's! AGAIN with Snow Flakes! & Lace!
Blue is the color so it Seems! Jen I love these again!!!

AND Also today From one of our NEWEST additions to the Tribe.. Beverley with the extra E. sent in MORE BLUE!!! Double Layers! Sheer!! AND OF COURSE!! The most Delicate of Baby Snokflakes You've ever seen! Some are covered in the Snowflake theme.. Some are covered in a Snowman theme.. Still shimmering with Snowflakes & Sheer Delight! i am going to be Hard Pressed to decide which one I'll be keeping for myself!

Great Job Girls!
They are ALLLL so Pretty! I can't WAIT to see them all together On My Mini tree Now!!!

Kathie..
Farm Girl Sister #29

Edited by - Kathie on Jan 22 2009 6:08:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2009 :  6:29:14 PM  Show Profile
Girls Do you remember me talking about my friend Dan at work?
Pretty funny guy.. about my Age.. What a grump he can be sometimes.. & how he really would
just get so fed up with some of our calls & just go off on some of these people?
(For you new girls I work on the phone in Guest Services.. & we get way to many jerks on a regular basis.. have to put up with abusive callers non stop all day long..)

Anyway.. Dans a sweety.. But from New York.. & won't put up with a whole lot beofre hes had enough & starts telling his caller which way to go.. & more then a few Times I've found myself having to reel Danny Boy in.. or run around the desk & grab his headset from him to get him off the phone to curb the conversation to keep him from getting into TOO much trouble..

Well Dans Daughter has been so sick for the past 2 years.. And he & his wife have been taking care of her around the clock.. She finally lost her fight & died this week.
The service was tonight.. which We just got home from..
She was so young.. born in 1975.. My oldest was born in 79.. This could be one of my own kids.. One of OUR own Kids.. So close girls..
She was such an active loved Vibrant Young Girl that lived her life so fully..
It was so wonderful to hear so many people say so many amazing things about a child of someone your close to.. to see the pride & joy.. & sadness all in one in their eyes..
& I know that they are going to miss her.. Dan will.. he talked about what a great daughter she was.. how much she lived.. how much fun she was.. & the life that she brought with her every where she went.. But Dan still worked.. he left the house everyday When he was able to.. & came to work & was able to be out in the world with us..
Can you just imagine His Wife Now.. these next few weeks & Months.. Whats she'll be feeling..
From going from 24 hour hours a day with her daughter non stop care to complete nothing at all.
no caring for her.. no talking to her.. no laughing with her.. no crying with her.. no asking her a question.. no reminding her of something.. no wondering aloud anything anymore.. no watching a movie together.. no playing cards with her.. or a game.. or laying on the bed with her to keep her warm.. or from being scared.. or from shaking.. or to keep YOU from being scared! Nothing.. nothing at all..
I just can't imagine at all what she'll be going through at all..
I don't want to imagine that at all.. Not for her.. or me.. or any of us.. ever..
So.. I just wanted to tell you about My Sweet Friend Dan at work..
Remind you what a funny stubbor Knuckle head he is .. & what it is I Love about him..
hoping that His Life soon calms down to be something that He & his Family can soon cope with..
But mostly.. Think of his dear Sweet Wife Lorette.. Heather's Mom..
Think of her.. & wish for her that she can soon find some peace & rest her weary little body soon & breath easier.. knowing that she's done such an amazing thing For Her Beautiful Daughter.. all the Sacrifices she's made & that she's done now.. she did what she had to do now.. & Heather is & resting now of her.. & she can look back at these last couple of years & know that she did everything right.. better then right.. She did what most people only wish they would have been able to have done.. Because she was so much stronger then so many people could have been..
Good Night Sweet Heather For Your Lovely Mama..
Lorette & Dan.. Get some sleep & rest now.. Please..

All My Love..

Kathie..
Farm Girl Sister #29

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2009 :  6:42:45 PM  Show Profile
you are so sweet dear sister. i am sorry for them, and how awful, i will be thinkin of all of you...cheers, jess

http://hectichousehold.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2009 :  6:55:34 PM  Show Profile
Wow so sorry to hear give our condolences will you. That would be a very difficult thing to go through without a doubt. (((((hugs and Prayers))))
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2009 :  12:13:09 AM  Show Profile
I have started yesterday eve and finished half, phew! Busy with other sewing things too, so it is really work on this work on that, lol.
But they WILL be in time, no worries.
It is raining real bad so good to stay home and do more sewing

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2009 :  01:42:13 AM  Show Profile
ahhh Kathie, will certainly be praying for the restoration of this family as they deal with their loss and also the need for them both to get rest and now take care of their own health, especially Loretta.
How extraordinary hard to lose a child.....

Hugs to you to Kathie, becuase this is your friend who is in pain, and so are you. Thank you for sharing with us.

Go to Top of Page

soapmommy60543
True Blue Farmgirl

2197 Posts

Ann
Oswego IL
USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2009 :  05:00:54 AM  Show Profile
They will be in my prayers...

Also, my package went out to you yesterday in the mail, and the ladies at the PO think the mini aprons are just the cutest idea!

Ann in Oswego
http://suburbanprairiehouse.wordpress.com

Times may be tough, but farmgirls are tougher!

Craft Fasting since October 21, 2008
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2009 :  05:59:21 AM  Show Profile
wooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooo for dutchy, and ann for posting pkgs..update on mine, let me see....4 totally finished..........all apron bodies sewn, 16 pockets on, had my waist band strip cut, but used it for the waist band of a real apron, so m=now I am looking for new waist band material, because what was left I used on my red white and blue quilt...i am a mess I tell u!

Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2009 :  12:28:10 PM  Show Profile
jessica, you are not doing too bad! I have 32 waistbands to sew on still! everytime I think I will have some time to do it...something happens...was planning on a marathon sewing this weekend....fingers crossed! have to testify in a trial next week so I have to finish these! will get them mailed on the 30th..promise....so want to see everyones.
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2009 :  3:52:00 PM  Show Profile
I think I am ALMOST about nearly somewhere close to could be... Maybe
Half way finished!

Maybe..

So.. there!

I Really like them though... The fabrics i found are so cute..
Funny theme is one My Oldest Son Jeff would just Love!

WHICH brings me Dear Girls to an Announcement.. Jeff & His Woman are going to have a baby.. This Would Make me making me a Grannie..

Now all of you Know how Much i've wanted to be a Grannie for my entire Life! & THIS is definatly NOT how I wanted it to come about!

But since we don't get to choose these things.. it appears as if it just happens! & the Saga Continues.. & we are trying to make the Best of Things.. & I've been coping & dealing with all the Fun for quite sometime now.. ANY way.. the Blessed event should be towards the end of March! So.. I have lots that I have been doing..
Be thinking of me Girls as I help get things ready for a New Baby joining my Son & his Girlfriend.. getting things together.. & help to make things move as easily as possible for all involved.. even though all that are involved may not always be agreeing on everything involved!

Love ya Lots Girls!

Kathie..
Farm Girl Sister #29

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2009 :  8:22:45 PM  Show Profile
Holy Cow, you have been under the gun. And you handled that very nicely Kathie..... Grammie!!!!!!!

Ok, my trim is on, and yes that means they are cut out, waistbands....not even close to figuring, see Jess joining you on the what the heck am I doing for them.

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2009 :  07:27:02 AM  Show Profile
holy crap kathie, you keep secrets far too long. oh jeez, i am there for you, hopefully she will turn into a very nice sweet girlfriend for you anf the babe's sake.

Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2009 :  2:01:46 PM  Show Profile
((((hugs)))) You will at least be a fun Grammie and that is where your focus should be on that child and looking out for him/her. You will have great fun with a grand baby By the way we miss you on here hope you can come pkay soon
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Winter Mini Apron Swap! Melting under the Sun! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page