Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Winter Mini Apron Swap! Melting under the Sun!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Winter Mini Apron Swap! Melting under the Sun! Next Topic
Page: of 17

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  01:07:13 AM  Show Profile
Kathie girl,
I have enjoyed seeing you a bit more often girl.

Hmmmm, dark deeds in the night, sil with trantulas, and hmmmmm, what else, now what was Steph saying. LOL. Are we helping yet....you know we would...

You have been one busy girl and what the heck is with the doc, decided you didn't need the label, good grief.
And then you have to wait until a whooper of a migraine to see if the magnesium infusion will work. That really stinks girl...

hmmmm thumping noises, that would be my hubby today banging on the floor to go turn the water on to make sure the pipe was no longer leaking....thankfully today was an easy fix....

Minis, hmmmmm, are you sure I have them, and how many did we need....kidding, only have 1 completely finished.

Hey Steph I love your idea of felted wool. Will have to keep that one in the back of my mind.

ok, this pain better stop darn soon cause I want to sleep dang it......

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

JenniferJuniper
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Jennifer
New Hampshire
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  05:22:24 AM  Show Profile
Linda, I'll be be glad to make the remaining half batch of minis for you in order to save your wrist, just let me know.

Farmgirl Sister #204
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  07:48:27 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Jennifer...that would be great! I will make 4 more and that will be 8. How is that?
After a few days rest maybe wrist will be a little better. I can make the next 4 simple and pinking sheers for hems...easy peasy.
thanks so much Jennifer...!

Linda in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
BLESSED ARE THE CRACKED FOR THEY ARE THE ONES WHO LET IN THE LIGHT!

Have a wonderful Farmgirl New Year!!
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  07:58:10 AM  Show Profile
Kathie~Too funny!! Your stories make me laugh.
Praying all goes well with your treatment. Can totally relate on the sil thing.

Anyway I am working on my minis today.

Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  08:26:56 AM  Show Profile
If anyone needs something to do (hahaha!) here are some free quilt patterns and there is even an apron and oven mitt pattern! http://www.blankquilting.com/freepatterns.aspx

I hope everyone is staying warm today!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com

Opps, I meant to post this on the Apron thread! Oh well!

Edited by - oldfashioned girl on Jan 28 2009 4:32:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

soapmommy60543
True Blue Farmgirl

2197 Posts

Ann
Oswego IL
USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  08:33:39 AM  Show Profile
Yes, the red with white snowflakes came from me. Glad you like them!

Ann in Oswego
http://suburbanprairiehouse.wordpress.com

Times may be tough, but farmgirls are tougher!

Craft Fasting since October 21, 2008
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  10:40:14 AM  Show Profile
ooh! Even though I didn't get in on this swap, I would just love to see pictures of everyones minis. They are always so adorable!!
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Life should NOT be a jounrey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, latte in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming. "WOOHOO, what a ride!"

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

JenniferJuniper
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Jennifer
New Hampshire
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  3:52:49 PM  Show Profile
Linda, tell me how many total in all I need to do for ya...math was never my strong suit. ha. Glad to help out...and I get something out of it too, since when I feel cranky with the world doing something nice for somebody always makes me feel better.
Kathie, plz note I'll be helping Linda out on these in case you wonder I send another envelope...they will be different from the ones I sent in.

Farmgirl Sister #204
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  4:11:16 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
hi Jennifer, I know what you mean about getting cranky. I think reading mjfarmgirl forums cheer me up...problem is I never want to step away from the computer...lol
Just make 8 for me...thanks so much! Then Kathy can send me 8 total.
whew...what a relief...

Linda in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  4:37:59 PM  Show Profile
All of my skirts, waistband and ties are cut out..and I think I have 8 of them complete..YAHOO for me..gonna take them on my trip and work on them in the car.

Queen of Dreamsz ~ keeper of dream kingdom
www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com ~~~~~~The Portal to A Vintage Collection & My Creative Journey
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  7:18:28 PM  Show Profile
Smart idea Steph, keep your hands busy as you go. I can't wait to see yours.

Linda and Jennifer, great team work girls and taking care of each other.

Off to work a bit on mine, have a ways to go yet, but getting there....

Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2009 :  08:04:58 AM  Show Profile
mailed mine today! yipee....cannot wait to see what the others did...
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2009 :  08:17:48 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
got my 8 done! I always lose Kathie's address....I am soo unorganized...
but I am ready to mail...ice chipper get to work...weather is a bummer

Linda in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

Go to Top of Page

JenniferJuniper
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Jennifer
New Hampshire
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2009 :  10:24:18 AM  Show Profile
kathie, I put my 8 for linda in today's mail...been working on them on breaks from shoveling snow and breaking ice.

Farmgirl Sister #204
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2009 :  10:42:27 AM  Show Profile
Linda, I'm tellin' ya, move to Arkansas.

http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/ BLOG
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2009 :  4:44:53 PM  Show Profile
Karin (in Maine) mentioned polka dot fabrics for the next swap..Is it so?? I've got lots of polka dots, polka dots!!

www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com ~~~~~~The Portal to A Vintage Collection & My Creative Journey
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  6:01:24 PM  Show Profile
Howdy Girlie Ques!

Ok.. reading & Ready to Respond.. Hopefully I get this right..
Jess.. Love ya Baby Girl.. Where are you???
Ronna.. Never too many Books.. ESPECIALLY Quilting books.. And if they are on Sale.. Well Shoot.. we'd be daft to pass that up then.. wouldn't we?
Steph.. do you ever sit & wonder if they think your a Hypocondriach when you start to run out of the space that they have provided to list all your meds? I sometimes wonder If i might ought to just bring along a prepared little sticky peel off lable of my on and adhere it on for them.. you know.. just to save time..
I don't even want to tell you all some of the new stuff The Quack has me on..
It's quite over the top stuff.. however he's "Promised' me that it has NOTHING at all to do with me being a total whack job.. it's solely becaace he feels it will truly help with my Migrianes..
I just am wondering why now..? Why this year..? Why since I seem to have a melt down everytime i walk into his office..? & Why not 3 years agao.. or 5 years ago? huh? why no crazy pill for my migraibe s then.. huh? But.. I'll play it out a Bit..
Butch Baby seems very impressed.. I had a phone call from my Mother.. she was taunting me with a load of crap about my sister again.. & actually I didn't take the bate..
I didn't reach through the phone & try to strangle her.. I actually had her to the point where she at the end of the conversation said ever so politley.. ok then.. i'll talk to you later..
I'm going to go kill your sister now.. So.. I think that went very well.. for a change..
Linda.. Why Sister.. Why are you NOT just using the Pinking Shears Baby Girl?
Sheryl-Lyn.. I dream the ABSOLUTE most Bizarre stuff.. Luckily for me.. I RARELY remember my dream at all.. but.. if i do.. thyey are completely off the chain!
& i seem to be exhausted by them.. because i tend to stay so busy in them!
I'll work non stop! & really.. accompolish so much!
Yes! I'll get ALL my minis done And THEN some! Sometimes I'll get So much done in my dreams that I'll wake up & see that NONE of it was done.. That I'll be so dissapointed that I want to go back to sleep so I can get it done again!
Carrie!.. You are such a pleasure.. i need you to stick around Girl! Wish we could pull that Tea thing off Girl!
Carol Sue.. If i had to deal with broken Pipes on top of everything else in my like..
I think i'd have to fold my cards woman! i don't know how you do it! Love ya Toots!
Ann.. They are Adorable.. i love them.. i can't wait for everyone to see them!
Jessie.. We'll be sure to post Pics.. Bonne Is usually great about this..
Bonne.. Why do i feel like you got away with something getting yours in so early ya sneak!
Jen.. Thanks! you know you & Linda will have to remind me of all the details here though..
i'm overly Medicated! (What a Great Excuse!)
Linda.. Why do i feel as if that Line of Your.."Blessed are the Cracked" Is Just for me?
Karin.. What are you Up to my Sweet Sister.. Stay inside.. turn up the tunes.. & Forget about the wheels Baby Doll! I love you!!!

Ok.. I THINK I've caught up with everyone thats written lately.. forgive me if I forgot anyone..
you all know your in my heart!
I love you all!

BUT!! WE HAVE MAIL!!!!

From Janiee!!
AND In MY Favorite COLOR!! RED! Pumpkin Yours & Mine Match! She did hers in 2 differnt Styles!
Well 2 different Fabric designs actually.. One With adorable little Penguins.. (mine are too..)
& the other is the teenist little Holly Berries & leaf Prints! AND!!! my ALL time FAVORITE
of Embelishments! RICK RACK! ohh that reminds me! i should find that story I wrote about
Rick Rack.. thats was pretty funny.. wasn't it.. Jeez.. i was on a tyraid wasn't I?
(Well aren't i usually?)
ANYWAY!! Some of them have these pretty little Satin Bows. But.. WITH OUT A DOUBT!!
SHE has done THE VERY BEST Apron Strings of ANY ever yet!! ever!! On The Penguin Ones..
Hey.. Now that I'm looking at these..the Apron Strings are different on the 2 different Aprons.
Did you Hire someone to make your Aprons???
I'm teasing..
Your all going to Love these Girls.. They are So Sweet & Festive!
Great Job Woman!

ok.. The Man that likes to think he's the Boss here is hollering..
Our "Show" is On??? What Ever.. He says this of course about nearly everything he watches..
So behave yourselves..
I love ya to pieces..
& i'll talk to you all very soon!

Oh.. Yes.. By the way.. My Grand Bay.. is DEFINATLY A Girl.. ! TA DA!

Kathie..
Farm Girl Sister #29

"In a World Where You Can Be Anything, Be Yourself.."

www.nitegardener.blogspot.com

www.NitegardenerLite.blogspot.com

http://www.nitegardener.etsy.com/

Edited by - Kathie on Feb 03 2009 6:04:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  6:06:42 PM  Show Profile
whooooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooooooooo a girl...here i am , so excited for you. missin ya...jess

http://hectichousehold.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  7:44:11 PM  Show Profile
YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWwwwwwwwwwwwwww, a girl, how absolutely perfect!!!!!!!
So glad to see you again, thankfully the rotten pipe episodes are done, no do something about this stupid fibro!!!!!!!!

What you don't like loopy and having to write an essay when they want your meds, yes, do the sticky label. I am liking that idea.....and with all those meds are they making those blankety blank blank migraines go away....they better do something after all they have put you through..... Nope wasn't talking about the 2 adults, although.....lol

Nope, no working on minis for a bit, body has to shape up- or ship out...hmmmm bodiless would not be a good thing, forget that one.....yes, this is your way bizarro friend who needs some friggin sleep....lmbo

Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  8:50:56 PM  Show Profile
Congrats on the grandgirl Kathie! Hope she doesn't inherit her Auntie's nerve-wracking set of "pipes" and
penchant for screaming. ;)

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  9:10:17 PM  Show Profile
Super cool, another bebe girl!!!

Oh, and what a great idea on making our own label listing all of our meds...wonderful....will do that before the next NEW doc appointment! That should impress or scare the sh&& out of them.

And to why now with all this pain??? I've read there's a season for everything..how dam many seasons are there is what I want to know!!!!! Enough already...

Hugs to ya,
Steph

Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2009 :  06:57:57 AM  Show Profile
Kathie, you made my day! I was so worried that my little aprons would not be ok .....as I have not sewn anything for probably close to 10 years....guess it pays to read directions and go slow :)

you should be receiving my envelope any day now too...thanks
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2009 :  07:34:35 AM  Show Profile
No worries! Texans are always super crafty. ;)

Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2009 :  08:11:04 AM  Show Profile
Well, I am still stranded on the back road, no car, no mailbox, barely any brain function. Only four winter minis to go, and I've got twenty polka dot ones almost done.

The insurance guy called me last night and said he would definitely be calling me by nine this morning..HA...then my internet wasn't working and I was just on the verge of having my head blow up when I MANAGED TO FIX IT all by myself, maybe I should change my screen name to electricidiotsavant, oh well I'm sure it was just something any ancient retard could figure out. I just felt brilliant there for a second...

I was hoping to get my car back by Friday so i could get to the post office to mail things, but I just wonder if I'll ever have a working car again at this point. And of course I have to locate my son and get him to get my treadle out of the ass-end of my van.

I think i'll go mix up some bread dough.see if it will rise here at my family icebox.

Kathie, you are going to have so much fun being a grandma and I suspect that will be the most fabulously dressed little devil , not to mention Quilts, etc. Little girls are just such a wonder. I kind of think of you as Wonderwoman anyway. Okay, off to the kitchen...

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2009 :  08:24:58 AM  Show Profile
Don't forget to let 'er rise in a semi-warm oven, Karin.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Winter Mini Apron Swap! Melting under the Sun! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page