True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2008 :  2:13:41 PM  Show Profile
TIME FOR HAPPY THOUGHTS!

OH GOSH... i just had the sweetest memory .. when i was a little girl, my sister and i slept together .. when i would get scared .. she'd snuggle me and TELL ME A STORY!

o.k. gurlfrenz ... TELL ME A STORY ...

a b o u t :

a sweet miracle in your life!

True Friends * KENTUCKY FRANNIE

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2008 :  4:55:47 PM  Show Profile
Frannie - don't be afraid.

Once there was a pretty little girl. She had blonde curly hair and sparkly eyes. She lived in a beautiful place called Freedom Valley. The trees were beautiful and the air was calm. Sky was blue and the flowers were so pretty! She knew Freedom sheltered her and kept her from danger. But one night, a storm came.....it was frightening! She did not know what would come next! So she began to pray. God, please take away the fear! Jesus, help me through the storm! Help me be strong! And she began to imagine that Freedom Valley could give her the strength to face anything. Nothing could take away the sense of freedom she had learned.

The days to come were a little dark and not always pretty. But she clung to Freedom. She thought about the blue sky, and the loveliness of those fields. She dwelt on the little sweet-faced children in her life......all angelic thoughts!!!! And she leaned into the Lord......And she made it through...to real Freedom!

She was glad to be home. Safe and sound.

And you know what? There came a day when joy came back! The dark fearful clouds blew away! And she was stronger, and knew a faith she had never known before......one that could withstand clouds. And one that could enjoy the sun as never before. And she knew she had found the REAL FREEDOM.

Consider yourself snuggled. It will be okay.
Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Sep 16 2008 5:19:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2008 :  5:17:26 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Jeannie - do you mind if I pretend *I'M* that little girl, too?!?!?!

You are all so sweet.....

XOXO, Libbie

"Farmgirl Sister #10," and proud of it!!!
Go to Top of Page

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2008 :  5:20:00 PM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
I spent the morning reading all your activities and was really enjoying them and was about to chat with you and I had to leave. I am so sorry to hear about your thyroid cancer and you are already in my prayers. You are such a wonderful giving person and God has blessed you with many many friends and family. They are all surrounding you now with their prayers, love and thoughts! I will pray that you can put your fear in God's hands. Thank you for inspiring me with all your stories, your grace and goodness. What a loving spirit you haveand thanks for sharing it with all of us.

Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2008 :  5:21:50 PM  Show Profile
Libbie - come be a little girl...with us. :)

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2008 :  5:28:13 PM  Show Profile
Big hugs and chocolate to you Frannie. The sisterhood will all be with you and thinkin' good thoughts and singin' prayers. Dont you worry so, that will drive up your blood sugar. Love and hugs ( Mwuuuah!)
True friends back atcha. Keep us up with the news ok? You are loved and a delightful being.

Annika
Farmgirl sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
http://innermountainmudhens.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoonsgarden.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2008 :  8:09:54 PM  Show Profile
jeannie .. what a sweet story .. takes me back to my childhood with my sweet sister. thanks for writing that for me.
xoxo

karen .. i so very much appreciate your encouragement and prayers ... i love that you see love in what i write. xoxo

annika ... ohhhhh .. CHOCOLATE! i'll take a little extra insulin for that! thanks for your very sweet words .. i adore feeling loved.

i adore you ALL! please keep your prayers going to heaven for me. xoxo

adopt a 'rag-chile'

Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2008 :  9:08:47 PM  Show Profile
Frannie, I just read about the cancer. With your spirit and great sense of humor, I am sure you will be just fine and right as rain very soon. (Sorry, I am not very good with words.)

Here we are supposed to be encouraging you, and you are the one making us feel better and laugh with you. That is a rare gift. I always look forward to reading your stories and posts. Like when you got your diabetes pump. I darn near spit diet coke all over my screen laughing so hard.

I am sure you know without a doubt, that we all love you and are thinking/praying for you.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2008 :  9:54:12 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Frannie - I was trying to think of just what to write to and for you - you are such a fun, insightful and, as Kate said, encouraging to ALL of us - even when you are facing something scary. I tell ya' - this forum - no, this WORLD! - is a better place because of you!

Here's sending you love, hugs, laughs and some hearty, hefty farmgirl strength, calm and confidence...

XOXO, Libbie

"Farmgirl Sister #10," and proud of it!!!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2008 :  10:29:55 PM  Show Profile
Libbie wrote my thoughts exactly!! Our world is a much more fun place because of you Frannie!! I will be keeping you in my daily prayers!!
lots of hugs from Utah.....
Love, Jenny

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2008 :  04:50:36 AM  Show Profile
kate .. libbie .. jenny ... your words are sweet music to my heart. i'm gonna' get through this scary time .. and be so thankful when it is over and i'm all healthy again!

i feel GREAT ... wouldn't even know that little booger is in there had i not been told so.

i appreciate your friendship, encouragement, love and prayers from the fullness of my heart and soul! xoxo

adopt a 'rag-chile'

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2008 :  04:57:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Frannie- I know you will get through this just fine! You are such a vital and loving person! I will keep you in my thought for a quick recovery! *hugs*

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2008 :  05:04:15 AM  Show Profile
oh gurlz .. i had such a fun evening last night. our Arts Council in our little town is going to start collecting, recording and ultimately saving for posterity in written form ... the STORIES of Green County, Kentucky.

we are going to hostess programs at our historic olde courthouse where we will have a subject to be reminisced (hmmmm .. did i spell that right?) about .. we'll invite people to come tell their stories of memories they have. we have some fun subjects coming up ... our GREEN RIVER ... olde country doctors (one of the sweetest women i know who is 80 years old can recall soooo many times and places, people and events! her own father was a Green County doctor for many years and delivered .. IN THEIR HOMES .. not one in a hospital .. are you ready for this: over $4,500 BABIES!!! and he NEVER lost a mother!

we pretty much had our own little story time during our meeting as we thought of subjects to discuss and the memories came rolling from the women who have lived here most or all of their lives. (HA! i even had a few to tell from my short 5 years here!)

other subjects are: SCHOOLS ... 'the LAW' ... moonshining ... farming ... TOBACCO ... gosh .. we are even going to do a fun eveing of remember an olde woman named LIZZIE! seems she has been one of the most interesting characters to ever come out of green county. i saw several newspaper clippings of her from the 40's ... it was about her being a WOMAN FARMER. (she dressed like a man .. even looked like a man! one of the stories told is that she was married only ONCE .. on a Friday night ... on Monday morning .. her husband high-tailed it outta' town never to be heard from again!) She carried a 'big black bull whip' all the time .. and wasn't afraid to use it. (it was suspicioned that she might have been a 'morphadite' ... o.k. .. here's a fun story they swear is true! One of the local good olde boys saw her in town one day and asked to 'see' that she was really a woman ... she jus' smiled a big grin and said SURE .. but we have to go behind that building .. he followed her like a puppy ..

and came stumbling back with 'bull whip' marks all over his body! ohhh the stories that will be told. we discussed the fact that everyone might have a different version of an event in the past .. but that is o.k. too .. because as is often the case .. people will remember things from their own perspective. we may have many versions of 'the truth' ... or 'not the truth' .. but it is the 'memories' we are interested in collecting.

we are filing for a grant to hire someone to transcribe all the stories. we will, of course, have audio and video of all of this.

we've also decided to include visiting the homes of some of the townfolk .. as some of the older folks either don't get away from home much .. or are too shy to talk in public.

we'll do this all sitting in a circle .. rather than making people stand in front of an audience. we'll serve refreshments at each 'town gathering' too.

ohhh .. i'm looking forward to this .. it is a project that has been near and dear to my heart forever .. ya'll KNOW how i love to tell a story and to record memories of our lives!

mayhaps suggest this to your own town leaders ... as these older folk pass away .. these stories are lost forever!

and remember that OUR STORIES will be cherished a hundred years and more from now too! we live in a wonderful 'information age' .. where it is easy to write and record events so much more so than generations ago!

xo

adopt a 'rag-chile'

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2008 :  05:11:16 AM  Show Profile
ohhhhhh .. and since this is 'my story' in this chapter of my life right now .. i did want to say that i was hugged and held last night by these beautiful women! one of my dear friend's sister went through this same thing .. and she is doin' just great now!! another precious friend (who is my HEROINE in life) has been through even more drastic cancer .. (and come out well on the t'other side) ... and has always maintained a happy, happy, happy, uplifting, optimistic, loving, cheerful (o.k. .. i know that is under the HAPPY category ... but it bears repeating!) wise and loving women i have EVER met! her mantra was CANCE SCHMANCER!!! no little cells are gonna' beat me! I don't know anyone who enjoys life to its fullest more than my marvelous mimi!!! i loved when judy smiled and told me that this is just one of those little 'glitches' we go through in life!

it is all about 'attitude' .. and that's what i'm trying to do .. i so appreciate all your prayers and good vibes and thoughts .. please keep them coming! xo

o.k. .. a 'fun' thing i'm gonna' do today! meeting Kathy Sugarbucket in town to pick out a 'forest green' shade of tin for the roof on our 'tree house'. i can see where this will become a fun 'refuge' to jus' sit and have iced tea or coffee .. read a book or magazine ... lounge beside a fire in the firepit .. and also a wonderful place to go to when visitors come ... to jus' sit at the edge of the woods surrounded by all of nature and god!

kathy and i will 'do lunch' .. and mos' likely find some fun 'shoppin' to do too!

you kids have a lovely day!! xo

adopt a 'rag-chile'

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2008 :  4:27:49 PM  Show Profile
Wednesday, 9/17 .. had a really fun afternoon .. met kathy sugarbucket at cathy cobblestone's ... got the dearest hug from cathy ... she made me feel like a child wrapped up in the warmth of her arms.

she is one of my kentucky ANGELS .. MIMI is another .. and of course my precious Kathy Sugarbucket (ha! her last name is actually ANTHONY .. but everyone knows her as 'sugarbucket' through me!)

then we went to lunch at a new little eatery on the edge of town (BAKER BOYS) .. it's right across the street from the park where we have our county fair! they have awesome ice cream too! BUT .. all they serve is WHITE BREAD!!!! (i gave him my little 'brown bread' speech and ended it with a jingle i heard a long time ago:

WHITE BREAD .. SOONER YOU'RE DEAD

yep! he looked at me like i was a crazy lady!

he did put two big slices of white bread on our plate .. kathy and i ate on the 'porch' .. and i let the FLIES have the bread!

then we bopped into town .. to glovers' station where kathy found an awesome wooden bowl . and a great olde-paint RED wheelbarrow. i swear .. that gurl can see a treasure faster than anyone!

when i got home .. there was a referral-letter to my surgeon .. and inside was the 'diagnosis' of the nasty little cells i have lurking in my neck! i wanted to google it to see which one it was on the list ... one of them is REAL bad!

i jus' couldn't bring myself to do it before honey-hunk got home ... soooo .. i went to our 'tree house' ... and laid down on the new floor .. and looked up through the rafters (i'm gonna' kinda' hate to put a roof there!! but it is necessary to keep rain off IF it rains while camping out there!) hank says we'll put a coupla' hammocks beside it!

i sent some prayers heavenward ... i'm not a 'religious' person as some people might define it .. but i am very SPIRITUAL .. i definitely believe in the power of prayer. i just laid there and looked up at the beautiful blue kentucky sky and green of the leaves surrounding the treehouse .. and prayed.

(actually .. almost fell asleep down there it was so delightful!) heard honey-man drive up (the dawgs always bark when a car comes down the hillside!)

he came upstairs to the computer with me .. to look up the diagnosis .. and IF this is indeed what is in there ... it is the BEST kind to get .. (and most common) IF you have to get it. it can spread to the lymph nodes .. but i read that even that can be taken care of .. and one rarely DIES of it. (i want to be one of those rarelies .. thank you very much!) .. i have grandchildren to watch growing up .. and even GREAT GRAND-CHILDREN!

i even looked up the 'operation' .. and it said it can take a coupla' hours .. but within a couple days .. you can go right back to your normal routine .. OH YAY! i do believe this means our GURLFREN GATHERING is a GO!!!

All my friends tell me that will treat me like a princess and they will do all the COOKING! HA! as if THAT wasn't my plan all along anyway!!!

Kathy Sugarbucket has finished making some of the class garlands .. and is going to shoot me a photo .. so i can show everyone coming what it will look like. She is soooooooooo talented .. so i know it will be wonderful .. and SHE has gathered all the goodies to go on it!

xoxoxo

adopt a 'rag-chile'

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2008 :  4:29:44 PM  Show Profile
i've been amazed at how many friends have recommended this film/book to me in the last couple days:

The Secret reveals the most powerful law in the universe. The knowledge of this law has run like a golden thread through the lives and the teachings of all the prophets, seers, sages and saviors in the world's history, and through the lives of all truly great men and women. All that they have ever accomplished or attained has been done in full accordance with this most powerful law.

Without exception, every human being has the ability to transform any weakness or suffering into strength, power, perfect peace, health, and abundance.

Rhonda Byrne's discovery of The Secret began with a glimpse of the truth through a 100 year old book. She went back through centuries, tracing and uncovering a common truth that lay at the core of the most powerful philosophies, teachings and religions in the world.

What Rhonda discovered is now captured in The Secret, a film that has been viewed by millions around the world. The Secret has also been released as an audio-book and printed book with more than six million copies in print.

The Secret explains with simplicity the law that is governing all lives, and offers the knowledge of how to create - intentionally and effortlessly - a joyful life. This is the secret to everything - the secret to unlimited happiness, love, health and prosperity.

This is the secret to life.

===

are any of you gurlz familiar with this?

i AM going to order it for sure!

adopt a 'rag-chile'

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2008 :  4:39:31 PM  Show Profile
a friend sent this to me .. i jus' love it!

OUR BANK ACCOUNT

This is AWESOME....something we should all remember.

A 92-year-old, petite, well-poised and proud man, who is fully dressed
each morning by eight o'clock, with his hair fashionably combed and
shaved perfectly, even though he is legally blind, moved to a nursing home
today.

His wife of 70 years recently passed away, making the move
necessary. After many hours of waiting patiently in the lobby of the
nursing home, he smiled sweetly when told his room was ready.
As he maneuvered his walker to the elevator, I provided a visual
description of his tiny room, including the eyelet sheets that had been
hung on his window.

'I love it,' he stated with the enthusiasm of an eight-year-old having
just been presented with a new puppy.

'Mr. Jones, you haven't seen the room; just wait.'

'That doesn't have anything to do with it,' he replied.

'Happiness is something you decide on ahead of time. Whether I like my
room or not doesn't depend on how the furniture is arranged .. it's how I
arrange it in my mind. I already decided to love it. ' It's a decision I
make every morning when I wake up. I have a choice; I can spend the day in
bed recounting the difficulty I have with the parts of my body that no
longer work, or get out of bed and be thankful for the ones that do.

Each day is a gift, and as long as my eyes open, I'll focus on the new
day and all the happy memories I've stored away. Just for this time in my
life.

Old age is like a bank account. You withdraw from what you've put in.
So, my advice to you would be to deposit a lot of happiness in the bank
account of memories!

Thank you for your part in filling my Memory bank.

I am still depositing.

Remember the five simple rules to be happy:

1. Free your heart from hatred.
2. Free your mind from worries.
3. Live simply.
4. Give more.
5. Expect less.

adopt a 'rag-chile'

Go to Top of Page

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2008 :  6:06:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message
Frannie...loved the story of the sweet 92 year old man and the simple rules that all of us should strive to live by!

I have heard of the Book the Secret, but haven't read it...I have heard that many say it is very similar to the Powers of Positive Thinking, that was popular many years ago and perhaps that is a good thing.... because we easily forget to be more positive about life, etc., until we are once again reminded in a different way. Maybe I will check it out to read and see if I feel the philosophy is similar. It would be a good reminder!

Until Later,
NM Audrey

~ Side by side or miles apart....dear friends are always close to the heart ~

Edited by - Back Home Again on Sep 17 2008 6:11:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

homemom1fl
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Chris
Palm Harbor FL
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2008 :  7:10:54 PM  Show Profile
Frannie,
All these prayers going up for you (mine included) thought I'd share an interesting little something from The Good Book. In Revelation Chapter 5 we are told that our prayers are kept in little golden bowls up in heaven. That just gives me goosebumps. You, dear lady, are gonna have quite a few bowls full up there.

I sure do hope that the get together is on for October as my dh said that I should go! Yippeee, sure am looking forward to meeting everybody!
Go to Top of Page

handyam
True Blue Farmgirl

394 Posts

Ada Mae
Greensburg KY.
USA
394 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2008 :  7:15:40 PM  Show Profile
Ms. Frannie, I too love the story of the blind gentlemen. I believe his testimony is so true. Although I have not met you in person, I perceive you to be that type of person too.
Prayers are going up from me as well. Hope to see you soon.

www.adasadorableaprons.blogspot.com

This is the day that the Lord has made.
Go to Top of Page

bbteacher
True Blue Farmgirl

134 Posts

Bonnie
BALTIMORE Maryland
USA
134 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2008 :  8:00:39 PM  Show Profile
Frannie, I too was enjoying your stories and updates of the family when I read about your cancer. It felt like such an an unwanter intruder had stolen into your post. Please know that you are already in my thoughts and prayers. I know that things can be scary, but being positive and having the faith to trust in things you can't understand can really bring a peace that passes all understanding. To draw close to someone I've never even met and to enjoy and look forward to hearing from someone as special as you is a rare treat. And even though you're so many miles away from so many sisters, you're only too willing to encourage and enlarge your circle of friends-even if it means the friendships are virtual. And that's just a testimony to the "wonderfulness" of you. To read your posts and to feel a connection because you infuse a little bit of yourself into each and every one is a gift. And as you write to encourage, entertain, educate, and enlighten others, why don't you send out that cancer. Maybe infuse a little piece of it each and every time you send out a post or an email. And maybe in Frannieland, as you imagine it away in spirit-those of us who receive from you can somehow help ease your burden by taking that little piece and casting it away for our friend.

Balmore hugs hon,
xxoo
Bonnie
Farmgirl#333
Go to Top of Page

homemom1fl
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Chris
Palm Harbor FL
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2008 :  8:18:32 PM  Show Profile
Oh Frannie, the story about Our Bank Account really and truly touched my heart and was what I needed to read. I have been battling Fibromyalgia and since April have really been experiencing bad pain in my hands and wrists. The last week or so it has been almost impossible to write anything and typing is becoming increasinly difficult. I have been having a pity party thinking about all of the things I love to do that require use of my hands and worrying that I won't be able to. That story spoke volumes to me, especially this part:
"I can spend the day in
bed recounting the difficulty I have with the parts of my body that no
longer work, or get out of bed and be thankful for the ones that do."

Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2008 :  05:42:46 AM  Show Profile
Audrey ... as you know dear friend .. i believe MANY roads lead to GOD. And i have that wonderful Power of Positive Thinking. I must give it a re-read .. in my 'Tabernacle Tree House'

Tabernacle

The Tabernacle is known in Hebrew as the Mishkan ( îùëï "Residence" or "Dwelling Place"). It was a portable dwelling place for the divine presence from the time of the Hebrew Exodus from Egypt through the conquering of the land of Canaan. Its elements were made part of the final Temple in Jerusalem about the 10th century BC.

The English word "tabernacle" is derived from the Latin word tabernaculum meaning "tent." Tabernaculum itself is a diminutive form of the word taberna, meaning "hut, booth, tavern." The word sanctuary is also used as its name, as well as the phrase the "tent of meeting".

I jus' love this definition ... now while it's not very 'portable' .. that's for sure ... that lovely structure will be here probably longer than the olde log cabins will stand! I love that it is also a 'sanctuary' ... and a 'tent of "gathering" would be my word rather than meeting.

Already i've found solace there .. and can hardly wait to share it with my friends. xo

adopt a 'rag-chile'

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2008 :  05:55:31 AM  Show Profile
dear sweet new friend Chris .. i am so happy our paths in life have crossed! And i soooo look forward to meeting you at our fun October Gathering!

i love this verse: "our prayers are kept in little golden bowls up in heaven"

i'm gonna' go get me a 'golden bowl' and keep it at my tree house ... and fill it with written prayers too!

i once read of a wonderful thing to do ... you keep a 'box' (and i'm sure a bowl would do too!) ... if you are worried about something .. write it down .. and put it in the box/bowl). pray about it .. DO some action on your part if necessary .. and on a designated day each month ... go to the bowl .. take your 'worries' out one-by-one ...

we will find that many of the things we were worried about are past and never happened .. send a prayer of thankfulness to your higher source .. and 'throw that worry away'!! the worries that are still on our hearts .. well, simply say another prayer .. and put it back in the box/bowl and pray again over that one. (remember to re-visit it each month)

Of course, you can do this daily or weekly too!

Now ... those that you worried about .. and they HAPPENED .. and you came through o.k. at the other end .. say a prayer of thankfulness and 'look for the lesson and strength' you now have on this side of it.

And yes, occasionally, in life, there will be prayers that seem went unanswered ... those are the 'tougher' ones .. but those .. and this is where 'faith' comes in .. we can simply trust to a higher power to give us strength (and, quite honestly, some .. we may never resolve the 'understanding' part in our hearts and heads) .. but those too are a part of this thing called 'life' .. and it is the 'strength' and what we have learned from it that will enable us to go forward with a happy and loving heart.

adopt a 'rag-chile'

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2008 :  05:57:14 AM  Show Profile
sweet ada mae .. i do so look forward to meeting you some day. (i will be at cow days on friday and saturday .. helping with the Arts Council booth .. and jus' roaming town hugging on friends .. will probably be wearing an ARTS COUNCIL t-shirt .. and wild, unkempt hair ... do come find me for one of those hugs! xoxo

adopt a 'rag-chile'

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 20 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Frannieville, Kentucky Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page