onequiltychick
Farmgirl in Training

28 Posts

Kelly
Fairfield WA
USA
28 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2005 :  3:18:47 PM  Show Profile
Meadowlark - I plan on riding in on my Harley, too!! Harley boots are awesome - I have several pair (and shoes) and wear them all the time - not just for riding! I only live 65 miles from MJF. If you and others do come out on your bike, I want to meet all of you!!!
Kelly
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2005 :  3:25:05 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I hope you can all come! And I hope you all arrive on your harleys in you cowboy boots and aprons!! None of us will be looking at you in wonder!! It will be so wonderful to meet you all. I will be sporting my pink cowboy boots. And an apron, of course.

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2005 :  3:41:55 PM  Show Profile
Hi and welcome Kelly! I have always dreamed of having a Harley and taking to the open road...I am afraid I have been feeling under the weather this week and let my daydreaming get the best of me...I don't have a harley as of yet...maybe someday. I would still like to meet you! What kind of bike do you have? Do you go to Sturgis? I had a few boyfriends that had Harleys and I LOVED to ride with them. I was much much younger. I ALWAYS look...and you cannot mistake the sound of a hog. Those boots do ROCK!!!

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

ByHzGrace
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

348 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2005 :  05:10:31 AM  Show Profile
Do you all wear boots a lot? And it is okay to wear them with shorter skirts...and with swimsuits and bikinis?

hey now I resemble that remark! make mine a tankini!

Flip flops = slaps as we beachyfolk call em just don't dig stirrups.
Uggs might be a hothoot for the winter one piece!

Me boots and my peacocks are me snake insurance!
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2005 :  05:19:15 AM  Show Profile
Dang farmgirl Ellen, you'd be one sexy momma wearin those boots with your mini and tankini You go girl! Do peacocks attack snakes and eat them?

Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2005 :  07:20:54 AM  Show Profile
I have some milk chocolate brown,embroidery stitched, farm encrusted(use your imagination, chicken lovers! ) Durango westerns that I wear most days around here but they clean up real nice with some warm water and oil to look just hot with any skirt or nice jeans when I gotta run out. They are the standards.
Spring and summer: rubber slop boots in hot pink are a standby on the porch (looks cute with my pink rain slicker )for slippin' into when it is really rainin' or on muddy garden days.
I have warm lacer hiking boots for snow unless its real deep.
Now, just recently....for dress up ( dress up???)
I scored a sweet pair of dark brown suede knee hi's to wear with a skirt.They have a good 2 and 1/2 inch solid heel and are unbelievably comfy.Truly.
I must say, gals, there is something primally feminine-provoking in zipping up a long, tall pair of leather boots..yup wickedly sweet...not for everyday but luscious to pull out on occasion.
Would LOVE to find a pair of colorful cowgirl boots,and I have looked, but my indecision (as a Libran bearing scales) has prevented me from committing to a color. I get overwhelmed by all the choices, the beautiful stitching patterns, the prices, etc. and I collapse under pressure and retreat back to my old standards that go with everything.
I am always attracted by the red ones, though....they get the longest look from me.

www.feedsackfarmgirls.blogspot.com
www.farmatcoventry.com
"If more of us valued good food, cheer and song above hoarded gold,the world would be a merrier place."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2005 :  09:37:56 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the suggestions on trying to fit my size 11 feet! But they are 10 1/2 or 11 wide and that's nearly impossible to find. The ones I really want are the Justin Ropers in red but that won't work because they only go to a 10 medium. Missy suggested I look at men's boots but can't find them in red. And if I ever want pink ones -- well that will be impossible. I'll just keep searching.

The only time that housework comes before sewing is in the dictionary!
http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2005 :  4:00:17 PM  Show Profile
I bought the cutest red mid-calf cowboy boots off eBay last year and I just love love love them, you'll see me sportin' them next summer at the Farm Fair! woohoo!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet."~Rumi

Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2005 :  06:13:37 AM  Show Profile
Hi Kay,
These red cowgirl boots are available in a size 11.
Cute!!
http://www.bootcity.com/shop/10Expand2.asp?ProductCode=15761

www.feedsackfarmgirls.blogspot.com
www.farmatcoventry.com
"If more of us valued good food, cheer and song above hoarded gold,the world would be a merrier place."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2005 :  08:22:32 AM  Show Profile
I have been reading this thread with some amusement because where I live cowboy boots are so NOT the norm! Hikers, LL bean hunting boots, doc martins, construction boots, sorrel boots are, with the appearance of Uggs in the last few years. I am weird because I have two pairs of boots that I continue to wear (on occasion...)that do not fit any of those categories. One pair is like an english riding boot with lacing at the ankle and tall to just below your knee in the nicest rich cocoa brown leather with a low heel. Good with Jeannie's hippie skirts and especially all those tiered peasant skirts that have made such a huge comeback.Also good if you have a penchant for that "just returned from the hunt "look! My other pair is the "fun" pair that I bought at Marshall's about 10 years ago. They have a leather foot and top cuff but the leg part looks like a saddle blanket or Indian rug pattern and is stiffly woven. They are the boots I always get stopped and asked about and I have no idea who made them or where they can be found. It was just a lucky day at Marshall's I guess! But the "boots" I wear the most would be my red ladybug rubber clogs that live on my back porch. If I was out feeding the livestock I would definitely have to rethink that!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2005 :  09:54:49 AM  Show Profile
went to the TSC (tractor) store yesterday and got me "three" more pairs of boots! up to the knee BLUE rubber boots ... some 'hiking' boots and at another store, i found UGGS on sale for only $50!!!!!! so .. i got "yellow' ones!
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2005 :  10:23:29 AM  Show Profile
Farmgirls...Found the motherload, the holy grail of red cowgirlboy boots! I want a pair of these under my tree on Christmas morn...The Lucchese brand is huge here in these parts...the cadillac of western boots! Dh has had several pair since the 80's...he really puts the miles on his boots...says they are the only thing that feels good on his size 14 tootsies. When he wore his Lucceses to the Orient...especially Japanese men would crowd around him in the airport and stop him and say "Look John Wayne from Texas" and then laugh and want to gaze at the boots. Dh is tall and strappin like the Duke. I have never owned a pair...too cheap and well I didn't really need them. Check em out girls...then wipe the drool from the keyboard... http://www.lucchese.com/exclusive/index.html

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2005 :  10:49:55 AM  Show Profile
Those are some pretty boots. How do you pronouce Lucchese? Lou - chay - zee? They did not have any prices or online buying, but I bet they cost a pretty penny. I know they would last forever. Beautiful.

"Sell cleverness and buy wonder"
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2005 :  11:18:53 AM  Show Profile
JP, There is a retailer search on the website, unfortunately no online buying...It is pronounced LUKE-KAY-ZEE. The founder of the company was an Italian immigrant who settled in San Antonio,Texas in 1880. They are expensive, but excellent quality, craftmanship and leather comes at a high price. And they do wear very well.

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2005 :  3:03:02 PM  Show Profile
I am on a boot binge today...I have the solution to those that live in rainy areas and object to the use of leathers...Cowboy rainboots! There are a lot of different colors and styles on these but they are really cute. www.shopintuition.com/product.asp?pid=10382&a=oHere's another website of the maker of these boots, my favorite is the floral and checked cowboy rainboot. Just click on the different boxes of styles and they show the cowboy boot.www.tamarahenriques.com

Edited by - MeadowLark on Nov 12 2005 4:17:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2005 :  5:38:47 PM  Show Profile
Jenny, those are so adorable!

Molly
http://mollymaequilts.tripod.com
"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet."~Rumi

Go to Top of Page

onequiltychick
Farmgirl in Training

28 Posts

Kelly
Fairfield WA
USA
28 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2005 :  10:53:36 AM  Show Profile
Thanks to all for posting the great links! I have enjoyed looking at all the wonderful boots. I had no idea there were so many styles (and colors)!

Meadowlark - I have an 03 HD Sportster Hugger. It's awesome. I added a carb kit and louder pipes this summer. I just put it away for the winter . I am planning on riding to MJF next summer and I can hardly wait to meet my new Farmgirl friends there!

Kelly
Go to Top of Page

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2005 :  11:39:44 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls.
LOVED the Tamara Henriques boots, although when I saw they were $118, that stopped me dead in my tracks! Just thought I'd tell you where I got my cute (and CHEAP) rain boots. Ordered red ladybug boots last year (yep, the same ones you've seen for little kids, but in adult sizes -- every time I wear them, little girls want to show them to their moms!) in my size from Gimre's Shoes in Oregon (found them on the web). AND, they were only $23 (still under $30 with shipping, I think!). Here's the link:
http://www.gimresshoes.com/store/cart.php?target=category&category_id=320

I have two other pairs too - they're the best thing for life out here on the farm in wet weather! One is a short, orange/pink pair with big, colorful daisies all over, and the other ones are pink knee-highs with a wild paisley print. I got both at Payless Shoes for under $25. They had stripes and plaids last year too.

Just be warned -- you ALWAYS get comments when you wear them out in public. No chance being anonymous! But they seem to brighten a gloomy day for everyone!

Carol

she laughed and laughed ...
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2005 :  1:50:08 PM  Show Profile
Cute cute cute!! I would have to get the frog ones..my favorite color..but sure like the cow and ladybug ones too!!!!

Jenny in Utah
It's astonishing how short a time it takes for very wonderful things to happen...Frances Burnette
Go to Top of Page

ByHzGrace
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

348 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2005 :  02:43:22 AM  Show Profile
Hey Meadowlark
dontcha need snake insurance in kansas after beins hissed and chased by cottonmouths defending their puddle in my path against me and my st.b i tend to wear me protectors. now mighty hot down this a way, not to be fully clad.let me tell bout harvestin time.messin in grapefruit trees pluckin fruit has me ascended ladder fillin bag and climbin back down close to 20 times an hour. so come breaktime I be one windedgalbreak by bayou, danglin feet in water. Laid back, rested me eyes from the sun only to doze off to dream land. when something moves over my arm.Thinking me towel i had laid out on be flappin up and over me arm in wind. I half peek an eye open rollin head to left.I be eye to eyeball to yellow rat snake.o girlfriend He is starin me down!!!me wide eyin him!!!! and ooooooo me insides are churnin to blow!!! but then I be thinkin, flinch an eyelash and he pounces. I be blinded for life or my cheek or nose bit off!!!So I'm sending eye emission transmissions: GET THE BEEJEEPERS OFF!!! he turns and slowly completes the slithering over my arm like this is natural to crawl over a person!!!!!!!!!!!ooooooooooo I let out a holler to raise the dead. how dead to the world do you have to be for a snake to feel safe enough to slither onto you? I still get the trembles thinking about it. was i so out cold i be attracted worms crawl in the worms crawl out like in the next world beyond? so i no more breakin on the ground no more naps....gots to be wary while in trees tooplucked me a mango onlies to have me a cornsnake bite me two yrs ago, ouchies ouchies ouchies she only doing it in selfs defense they love to hang and wait for unexpectin birds robbin fruit.
Used to hate Peafowls roostin, they be so noisy. Anybody ever hear peafowl? Noisy LOUD racket but peacocks see snakes do pluck em, goners!
mine be chippewa snakers
http://www.chippewabootshop.com/chippewa_23938w.htm
fashionably highlightin brown w/orange hibiscusin tankini

ifn gardening in my kitchen bed, i don't wear the hightops, like to jump on a shovel wearin doc martins zoe lace ups

love the rain boots y'all posted, what i give for a patterned wader!!
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2005 :  08:56:51 AM  Show Profile
And all I have to worry about are rattlesnakes! I'll keep wearing my rubber boots, and you can keep all those other snakes.

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2005 :  1:08:51 PM  Show Profile
Oh Gimre's would be local for me -- I could go and try on some of these cute rain boots!

The only time that housework comes before sewing is in the dictionary!
http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2006 :  09:49:23 AM  Show Profile
Thanks to this thread I found some red boots and a red hat! Great web shopping at www.corralwest.com. Thanks for the link, jpbluesky. I'm gonna be stylin' the Farmgirl way. Gotta get me an apron next...

"All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well."
Julian of Norwich
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2006 :  1:59:37 PM  Show Profile
Wish I had me some of those boots I see on the website. Gotta do it one of these days....my boots have had it, but they still feel good. I also saw some great clothes and boots in the Sundance Catalogue I received this week. I look at that catalogue and dream and dream, about the clothes and the home items and Robert Redford.....:)

"Sell cleverness and buy wonder"
Go to Top of Page

Horseyrider
True Blue Farmgirl

1045 Posts

Mary Ann
Illinois
1045 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2006 :  04:45:42 AM  Show Profile
Fellow boot junkie here... *raises hand* I wear Ariats all day every day, in every style and shape. I ride English, so mine are more like paddock boots, but I also have work boots, rubber muck boots, and high top tennis shoe styles. And sandals. And field boots. And waterproof riding boots. And insulated riding boots.

I'm going to a tack swap tomorrow, and hope to avoid buying more Ariats. There's one vendor there who cleans out her store and always has deals. I have a bad cold; maybe that'll save me.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Love them boots! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page