jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2005 :  04:56:52 AM  Show Profile
I just visited www.corralwest.com where Meg mentioned some of the gals at the farm had gotten boots. They are all so cute!!! There must have been a run on red boots by all of our farmgirls here, because they are now only available in specific widths! :)

I have a pair of boots I love(had them since 1988 or so). They are similar to the arroyo boots on the corral west site (without the concho buckle), and they used to be very light in color. I got them dirty, so I then polished them with a darker shoe/boot polish and they turned out a pretty burnt brown color. But I need a new pair.....thanks for the information, Meg!

Now, boots in Florida are an unusual sight, unless you live on one of the big plantations. But I am going to wear mine anyway. I live "near" the plantations! We do have two western wear shops here in town and a great outdoor shop that sells hunting goods. :)

Do you all wear boots a lot? And it is okay to wear them with shorter skirts...and with swimsuits and bikinis?

just kidding.......

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2005 :  05:10:14 AM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
I love my boots!
I don't have any Western looking ones at the moment, mine are all almost knee-high, with a solid heel that makes that awesome sturdy step - makes me sound like I mean business! I have them in brown and in a sort of suede tan color.

I also love my work boots. The construction-looking type. lol.
Go to Top of Page

Kit
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Mechanic Falls Maine
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2005 :  05:37:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Kit a Yahoo! Message
Boots rock. :) I have traditional "cowboy" boots for when I dress up and play nice, a pair of construction-type work boots, and a couple pairs of combat boots (both black and desert). I wear them all! In fact, my winter desert boots I still use for cold but dry winter days up here. Oh, almost forgot about my 'ropers' that I wear while riding horses. I still need to get a good pair of mud boots for mud season up here though.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2005 :  1:02:53 PM  Show Profile
I have hiking boots I wear all winter long and in the fall too. Had them on today. They are soft brown, like suede, but very durable and comfy. Yesterday, I got a long peasant type skirt that is purple embroidered. I want to wear it this winter with a sweater, but it will need boots to go with it. I am trying to decide what kind will look the best with skirts like that. I have many long "hippie" type skirts that I wear with sandals in the summer, but the winter kind of makes it hard to know what kind of shoe to wear with them!
Go to Top of Page

Kit
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Mechanic Falls Maine
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2005 :  2:07:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Kit a Yahoo! Message
With my hippie skirts (yes, I have several) I usually wear my soft suede boots. They're all flats, dressy, type. I have a pair in purple ankle height, black ankle height, and black knee height. And a pair of green calf height w/heels, forgot about that pair ... wow, I really have a lot of boots!!! :D But, anyway, hippie skirts work great with those soft suede boots or the nicer cowboy boots.
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2005 :  4:37:06 PM  Show Profile
I wear my boots all the time!! And I think it is by far the cutest to wear them with a skirt. My pink cowboy boots are my favorite (they have red stitching) and I love my mom's red cowboy boots (but that means I have to borrow them), I also like to wear my pink galoshes with a skirt. And Kate and I just found these long socks that are in style too, which look awfully cute with a pair of MaryJanes and a skirt (mine are argyle). But nothing beats a sexy pair of cowboy boots and a skirt. I even got quite a few compliments when I tried this farmgirl style in NYC. We sure are stylin'!! And it's comfy and practical.

ps. Cowboy boots look really cute with the 'hippie' skirts too!

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2005 :  5:55:13 PM  Show Profile
I wear my black lace-up Ropers nearly everyday. I have had them for at least 5 years. We use Australian Leather Seal on our boots. It makes them soft and protects the finish. I also have a pair of Uggs (or ugg imitations) for winter wear, two pair actually, a brown pair and a lavendar pair. I just can't wear the lavendar pair outside for fear they will get muddy. People here were Uggs all the time in winter. Cowboy types even. I used to have a pair of very tall cowboy boots that I wore with skirts, but don't wear skirts much any more. I even have a pair of red lace-up Ropers, but they are so narrow I haven't worn them anywhere, I may have to give up and give them to a granddaughter.

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2005 :  6:05:23 PM  Show Profile
I need some Uggs (or imitations) too! They are on my Christmas list. Then I'll be all set for boots, which are a very important part of a farmgirl's wardrobe!

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2005 :  6:53:32 PM  Show Profile
I wear Uggs in winter here too. I brought mine with me from CAlif though, where they are sort of surfer wear (and mom wear I guess) and I don't see many wearing them here..but I don't care I have two pair..both pretty worn now..but I love them.

Jenny in Utah
Put all your eggs in one basket..and then watch that basket!! Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2005 :  7:10:33 PM  Show Profile
What are Uggs?

The only time that housework comes before sewing is in the dictionary!
http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2005 :  7:31:06 PM  Show Profile
They are sheepskin (fur on the inside) boots that are very plain and come either tall or shorter..mine are the shorter (mid calf) type..that are really warm and cozy..kinda like sweats for your feet..I love how they feel with no socks...cozy wool against your feet...better than slippers and if they don't get wet..very warm outside too. My youngest daughter has pink ones..they come in colors too..the originals were brownish tan. I have one light color pair..my oldest ones, and a pair of golden chestnut color ones that are actually "Aussie Dogs" another brand. they have toe reinforcement..which is nice..I am hard on shoes.

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2005 :  07:27:12 AM  Show Profile
I forgot I had bought a pair of phat babies last winter. I think they are Ariats. Typical phat baby with thick soles, round toes, flat heel, and short tops. They are brown rough out with sheepskin lining. They are so warm, but none of my jeans work with them. I will have to get some boot cut flared jeans, I swore when bell bottom jeans went out of fashion I would never wear a pair again, and here they are.

Go to Top of Page

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2005 :  09:27:03 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls! I also got a pair of Ariat Fat Babies last year too, and wear them nearly every day here at the farm. They're great in slippery weather, and I love the chunky look of them (really comfortable), and they're still like a cowgirl boot. Almost identical to the Roper Chunks at <br>
http://www.corralwest.com/cgi-bin/sgin0101.exe?QTY=1&T1=ROPER12. Mine are turquoise ostrich-like bottoms with wheat-colored tops.

If I decide to splurge on another pair of boots this winter, it will have to be the Roper Embroidered Chunks<br>
(http://www.corralwest.com/cgi-bin/sgin0101.exe?QTY=1&T1=ROPER13) - cuuuuuute!

Carol

she laughed and laughed ...
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2005 :  10:40:41 AM  Show Profile
CUTE!! I think I need the denim blue roper chunks..they are adorable and would go with more of my stuff than any of the others. I had never seen them before..I need to get out more I guess!!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2005 :  2:47:38 PM  Show Profile
Jenny, I love my UGGs too! I wore the soles of my first pair smooth, making them a dangerous wear if it was at all wet outside. My new ones came from Costco and have more of a lug-type sole. My daughter has them in light blue and they are sweats for your feet! Now I have to check out those boots. I've loved cowboy boots since I was a kid. My current pair are beige Frye's with red and black topstitching. Don't wear them much because the heel is higher than I'm used to.
Sharon

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2005 :  2:53:48 PM  Show Profile
I LOVE the idea of sweats for your feet!

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Julie
MaryJane's Farmgirl

60 Posts

Julie
Moscow ID
USA
60 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2005 :  3:25:00 PM  Show Profile

I love a bargain! My red ropers that Meg and BlueEggBabe talk about are my favorite (yard sale for $3.00, never been worn), or was until I bought the green ones, or was it the tan ones, NO it was the brown ones with teal on the side, WAIT! It now is the brown harness boots...Yes, I'm wearing them today. Sooo comfortable . I love wearing them with jeans, makes me feel tuff I can just run all over this farm!
You can buy them at the site below, Sundance Catalog. I love everything they carry.

http://www.sundancecatalog.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=478&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=6&iSubCat=46&iProductID=478

Food Stylin' & Fancy Free
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2005 :  4:33:27 PM  Show Profile
I used to love the way my boots sounded in the high school gym going to DD's basketball games. Boots just make you feel big and powerful. And then there was the time we parents almost got kicked out of the gym for stomping our boots on the wooden bleachers! It was a snowy night far from home, and not many of us in the stands, we got carried away, and made lots of noise. So COOL!

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2005 :  6:21:07 PM  Show Profile
I want to make a grand entrance riding into farmfair this summer ( maybe BlueEggBabeSue) can hitch a ride with me on the back of a Harley...wearing my Harley Gypsy Boots and a patchwork hippie dress, my bandana round my braids and a sweet red gingham bib apron and some temporary tatoos of plows and haybales or other antique farm equipment on my tanned and firm forearms. I will paint a tornado on my bike and the words Beware this F5's gonna carve out some concrete!!! Straight from the Kansas Prairie! Of course we will pack all of our dainty ladies things and sleeping gear and tents in a little pull along trailer. here's my link for my kinda boot! www.harleybootshop.com/

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2005 :  6:28:28 PM  Show Profile
my Uggs are like an extension of my legs all winter long .. and for year's i've worn mid-calf length to long skirts with leotards and Leg Warmers!!!!!!! I will usually coordinate the colors of tights, leg-warmers and skirt .. and i love to wear heavy sandals (like tiva's) with my tights and leg warmers during the winter too .. unless there is snow on the ground! I like knee high sexy boots when we're going 'out on the town'! and i adore my big heavy suede work-boots with my long skirts and jeans too! yep! still wear those leg-warmers with them too! Leg warmers are not so easy to find now .. wish i knew how to knit so i could make me a bunch of them! But i do have about 20 pair already! (plain colors, stripes, and other funky designs) i like cowboy boots but i must have a high ... hmmmmmmmmm .. what DO you call the part of your foot (on top) from toes to ankles??? well, anyhoo .. it HURTS like the devil trying to get cowboy boots over that part of my skinny little foot .. soooooo .. my western boots languish in the back of my closet! did you gurlz see the movie: in her shoes? great collection of shoes and a wonderful 'sister-movie'. xo, frannie

Edited by - CabinCreek-Kentucky on Nov 09 2005 6:38:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2005 :  7:03:10 PM  Show Profile
I must confess, even tho I have a closet of fancy go to town boots, the boots I wear most often are rubber irrigating boots. In the winter I wear them when it is muddy, which is most of the time. I put two pairs of wool socks in them when it is really cold. In summer, I wear them not only to irrigate, but if I am out in the hay fields or tall grass. They are great protection from rattlesnakes. My lace up ropers just aren't high enough, and my regular cowoy boots with riding heels are too hard to walk in. So there I am in winter in long underwear, my old chore coat, and rubber boots. In summer I am in old faded jeans, an old bandana around my head, and a long sleeved mens shirt buttoned up all the way, in rubber boots. Not very elegant.

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2005 :  8:18:24 PM  Show Profile
Kennie you sound like I dress, especially in the summer with a bandana or baseball hat to keep the sweat out. It gets real steamy down here in Kansas so I usually wear rubber clogs that I can hose off versus boots (too dang hot for those) In winter/spring if its muddy I have a nice pair of Wellies or gum boots. They hit right under my knee. They have those ugg knockoffs at WalMart ( yep sometimes girls I go there cause I'll squeeze a nickle till the buffalo poops!} they are cheaper than the Uggs, but probably not as warm. But my feet usually stay warm if they are dry and I have on several layers of socks. Merrils makes some nice winter boots but they are pricey. I have always had this dream since I was a little girl of black English riding boots. I used to dream about them in the Western Horseman mags I read as a 10-11 year old. Thought they made an girl or woman tall, thin and elegant! My parents bought me a pair of white cowboy boots for my 11th b-day. I was in heaven!

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16393 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16393 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2005 :  8:58:54 PM  Show Profile
I just love this hen party. Well-heeled we are!!! And Meadowlark and BlueEggBabe on a Harley to boot coming yonder to hoot. It just don't get any better than this.
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2005 :  10:14:13 PM  Show Profile
At our Chapter meeting tonight we were all discussing our need (?) for matching boots. We talked about getting pink ones since our official aprons are pink. But then decided that red would more fun and would go with the red gingham aprons that we'll make for next years Farm Fair. Now all I have to do is find a red womens boot in a size 11 wide! Everybody else in the group has tiny skinny feet!

The only time that housework comes before sewing is in the dictionary!
http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2005 :  09:10:24 AM  Show Profile
Kay, you can find them, my DD wears size 11 wide and has a pair of red octrich looking rhinestone studded phat babies. Our neighbor is the same size and has a pair just like them, except in lime green.

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2005 :  3:14:33 PM  Show Profile
If I should be so lucky as to get to the MaryJanes Farm Fair next summer (which is on my birthday), I would want to quietly sneak in and watch all of you wonderful women in your boots and aprons and loving attitudes.

I am going to wear my boots with my skirts, and if my Episcopalian and southern conservative friends look at me with wonder, well I guess I will just have to handle it! :)

"Sell cleverness and buy wonder"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Love them boots! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page