Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 What do you hate cleaning the most?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic What do you hate cleaning the most? Next Topic
Page: of 3

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2008 :  1:32:03 PM  Show Profile
I hate cleaning out the fridge...I always find something scary :P
But on the other hand I love having a nice sparkling fridge too

Annika
Farmgirl sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
http://innermountainmudhens.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoonsgarden.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2008 :  2:18:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Sara- That is too funny! I am the same way!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2008 :  5:55:59 PM  Show Profile
Oh yeah the fridge..ugh..and NO one helps with that one!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2008 :  11:46:04 AM  Show Profile
I have to side with the laundry haters! I work up at 0330 this morning and did 3 loads before leaving the house at 0700. Ugh..... Second would have to be the potty though....I have to clean it more often now that Zach is in potty training mode.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2008 :  11:54:38 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Bathrooms and dishes... I think it's the constant "never " done feeling.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

susanreno
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Susan
West Chester PA
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2008 :  5:56:07 PM  Show Profile
I'm almost ashamed to admit this, but my husband cleans our bathrooms and does an awesome job

I think he started doing it when our twins were newborns and the last thing on my mind was cleaning. I guess he just got tired of waiting for a clean bathroom!! Anyway, that's the only reason why I can't say the bathroom is my least favorite to clean. Personally, I hate vacuuming... I think part of it is the noise of the vacuum, I've always been overly sensitive to it for some reason. Yes, I know that might sound really weird! Also, it's always a pain to get under/behind/etc furniture. And vacuuming stairs?... fu-get-a-boud-it. And finally, it always leads to having to do my next least-favorite... dusting!

Agh, venting sure feels good sometimes
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  05:38:53 AM  Show Profile
My least favorite used to be the stove top. I hated scrubbing the drip pans. But I solved that problem when the last stove broke and we bought a glass-top. Now it's a piece of cake to wipe it down!

So, now it's just dusting. I don't mind wiping down flat surfaces. I hate dusting all the pictures, books, computer, houseplants, ceiling fans and knick-knacks. I don't care what inventive device they come up with, it's still a pain in the butt. And around here, you see the dust back the very next day. It's hardly even worth the effort!

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

elphie0503
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Samantha
Gilmer Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  1:52:56 PM  Show Profile  Send elphie0503 an AOL message
quote:
Originally posted by dkelewae

For me it's what I affectionately call turd herding...LOL! I hate cleaning the cat litterboxes and rabbit cages. At least I'm down to 2 rabbits. I used to have over 35 of them!

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!

LOLOL..turd herding...I love it!

Samantha

www.elphie0503.blogspot.com

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort~~Albright

Go to Top of Page

LindaMAlbert
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Linda
Belgrade Montana
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  8:32:55 PM  Show Profile
I have to agree with Lillian -- the toilet. I'm the only sitter (setter?) in a house of pointers. Is it written in the Constitution of the United States that the right of male citizens of any age, height, mental creptitude, social responsibility or ability to aim to p** standing up shall not be abridged? I wish someone would invent a toilet that had an electrified pad surrounding the toilet such that if the offender missed the bowl or splashed, said offender would be jolted. Not a lot, just enough to be unpleasant. I once toured a 5 bedroom open house that had a bathroom off every bedroom. It had been designed by an MD. Go figure. Gave me nightmares thinking about having to clean 5 bathrooms twice a week.

Chris is right too, though. One bathroom for 3-4 people, 2-3 of whom have to rely solely on gravity and peristalsis to get the job done really sucks at times. Yep, males don't have a pelvic floor designed for pushing so they take f-o-r-e-v-e-r.
Linda

There is no faith which has never yet been broken except that of a truly faithful dog.
~Konrad Lorenz
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  9:36:40 PM  Show Profile
For me it is vaccumming (I refuse to learn how to spell it). I would rather clean 100 bathrooms.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2008 :  07:44:35 AM  Show Profile
I hate cleaning the bathroom, fridge and the drip pans on the stove. YUCK to all of them.
Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2008 :  5:25:28 PM  Show Profile
I would have to say doing dishes. I never did dishes as a kid at home. I always worked outside with Daddy. Momma did all the cooking, dishes and house cleaning. Now after 50 years, I love to cook but don't like to do dishes. I make "new years resolutions" at least once a week to keep the dishes done up. Don't work. I cooked, canned and baked all day today. Also did dishes at least 4 times. Now, supper dishes are in there waiting for morning. The coffee pot is ready to turn on and tomorrow's canning (jalapenos) is on the counter ready to be done. But first I'll have to do last nights dishes.
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2008 :  5:27:25 PM  Show Profile
Ruth, you are supposed to clean the fridge??
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2008 :  08:33:22 AM  Show Profile
Belle,

I try to avoid cleaning the fridge at all costs but when things begin to look like science experiments I know it's time to get in there and clean. I don't know why I dislike it so much, I just do.
Of course, yesterday I had to clean my stove top because I had water that boiled over and made a mess. I can't complain because it was water from boiling lobster. My dear hubby went out yesterday and came home with a little ole lobster just for me to enjoy. We usually have a lobster dinner at least once each summer and this year we didn't. I felt so special.
Blessings,
Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2008 :  02:40:15 AM  Show Profile
I have previously posted to this topic but I'm going to have to caveat my post with another thought gals:

I dislike cleaning up after other people who are perfectly capable of doing it on their own...but don't......There, I said it, and I feel better now. :)

Jamie

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison
Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2008 :  3:25:54 PM  Show Profile
The toilet (two boys, one husband), yuck!
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2008 :  8:51:40 PM  Show Profile
Everything!!!

Ok, I'd have to say it is a toss up between the bathroom and dishes.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2008 :  9:26:30 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by one_dog_per_acre

Hot loads. I do about one hot load a week of baby's wash cloths, anything that touched urine, vomit, etc. The genius that built or cabin didn't plumb hot water all the way to the laundry room. Anyway, I have to fill buckets and carry them from the tub to the outside laundry room.

Trish
Farmgirl Sister #91
Make cupcakes not war!

My sweetest husband plumbed hot water into the laundy room for me this weekend. I love that man! Now we can hook up our HE washer/dryer. They are smaller, but have lots of cool settings. Now I have to think of another chore I dislike. I'll say putting dishes away. Don't mind washing them, but putting away is a hassle in my tiny kitchen, since there is not enough room for everything.

Trish
Farmgirl Sister #91
Make cupcakes not war!
http://adventuresofowenmaxwell.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2008 :  9:33:58 PM  Show Profile
I'm with Marly, I hate vacuuming most. It's loud, it hurts my back and my tennis elbow and you no sooner get done than somebody tracks something in. I've been telling DH for 20 years that I want hard wood floors so I don't have to vacuum! A dust mop I can handle! I must admit that DH does vacuum about 50% of the time.

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

FlipFlopFarmer
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Carla
Molalla Oregon
198 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2008 :  9:38:44 PM  Show Profile
Without a doubt...Dishes and bathrooms tie for first place on my list of hate it, hate it, hate it!

Carla

Live simply.
Love generously.
Care deeply.
Speak kindly.
Go to Top of Page

nampafarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

494 Posts

Kim
Nampa ID
USA
494 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2008 :  07:03:43 AM  Show Profile
susan, my daughter also hates vacumming. Funny for the same reason, the sound of it. She will use the whole house vac over the dyson anyday. She has alsways had a sound issue as well. I mean when something like the blender went on she covered her ears with her hands screaming, running to another room and hiding. She has been this way since I can remember her walking, even be able to sit up as a baby, but obviuosly not being able to get out of range. I wonder what happened to her, my guess in a past life? for lack of having anything else to relate it to.

Kim
Farmgirl Sister # 302
Go to Top of Page

homesteaderbelle
True Blue Farmgirl

391 Posts

Belle

USA
391 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2008 :  9:39:27 PM  Show Profile  Click to see homesteaderbelle's MSN Messenger address
I don't like to clean the fridge, the inside of the trash can, and the base of the toilet. I don't mind the inside of the toilet, I just don't like the base. There are always hairs that stick to the base of the toilet and they never seem to wipe off.

Belle

http://www.homesteaderbelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2008 :  9:48:37 PM  Show Profile
Well I just don't like to clean house--Period. the whole house--I would rather be doing something outside. My mother tried but i never got it. I do clean my house--one has to live in it but gve me the outdoors. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2008 :  03:15:12 AM  Show Profile
The shower/tub can't stand it

always have

it's so cumbersome and awkward unless you like getting partially wet while wearing clothing - so usually if I'm feeling inspired, i'll take a shower and scrub at the same time

accidentally mixed bleach and an amonia based product some yeas ago boy what a stink! it produces chlorine gas! VERY toxic so i tend to use the minumum now or just let it get so bad hubby has to do it suits me fine

i don't mind vacuuming but i hate having to pick up and go around clutter and cramped, tight spaces
Go to Top of Page

hunny1201
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Jennifer
Bloomsbury NJ
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2008 :  08:12:32 AM  Show Profile
Hands down...the bathroom! It seems no one but me notices when it's dirty.

I actually don't like cleaning at all but it does have to be done by someone, lol. I do the usual vacuuming and dusting and then every few months, I get inspired and go through the whole house top to bottom and give it a good cleaning. It feels good when it's done but I am SOOOOO tired, lol.

~Jenny~
Every Child Deserves Our Love & a Bear of Their Own
www.ATeddyForKeeps.org
http://ateddyforkeeps.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic What do you hate cleaning the most? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page