Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 What do you hate cleaning the most?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic What do you hate cleaning the most? Next Topic
Page: of 3

nampafarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

494 Posts

Kim
Nampa ID
USA
494 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  06:57:46 AM  Show Profile
Fo me, its my stove/oven. The commercial cleaners burn my skin, I know some of you would say 'wear rubber gloves'. Well I dont like them, so.....I came across by accident that the baking soda works wonders on the enamel but what do you all use on the burner pans? (I am trying to stay green.

Kim
Farmgirl Sister # 302

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  07:11:26 AM  Show Profile
Hands down, the bathroom.
Jami in WA

Farmgirl Sister #266
http://woolyinwashington.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  07:20:37 AM  Show Profile
Cleaning: the shower. Otherwise, folding laundry!
Go to Top of Page

Ms.Lilly
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Lillian
Scotts Mills OR
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  07:20:51 AM  Show Profile
The Toilet-this is a house of all men (except me), need I say more!

Lillian
Go to Top of Page

LindaEllen
True Blue Farmgirl

275 Posts

Linda
Missouri
USA
275 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  07:21:48 AM  Show Profile
I'd rather clean the chicken coop then dh's bathroom shower :P.

Oh I got to do some major house cleaning, guess it will be fall cleaning , didn't get around to spring cleaning yet.

tc linda

Locust Trail Homestead
http://www.homesteadblogger.com/walkabout/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  07:33:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Kim- Continue to use the baking soda on the burner pans...or if they are really bad...you can buy another set at Wal-Mart for about $5. Then, if you have a lot of drips and spills like our household, you can always line them with some aluminum foil.

I don't like washing dishes alone. If Doug helps, then I don't mind so much. I actually like to clean if the house stays organized. It's when it gets disorganized that I hate cleaning!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  07:37:13 AM  Show Profile
Windows I have huge windows and they seam to allways be streaked. I try everything and still see the streaks. I love them when there done because the view is out of this world. But hate having to do them.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  07:50:01 AM  Show Profile
Diana, Have you tried microfiber cloths? My mom got me some and they are like magic on windows!
Go to Top of Page

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  07:51:38 AM  Show Profile
but isn't it wonderful when it's all clean and stays that way?? I really enjoy that! My husband will leave for hunting end of Sept, be gone all of Oct and some of Nov. First thing I do is clean and then it's just me there all that time! I love it!
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  08:51:06 AM  Show Profile
Suzan
One thing I havent tried will do so today.

Thanks Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

MarySueK
True Blue Farmgirl

96 Posts

Susan
Richland WA
96 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  09:14:05 AM  Show Profile
I agree with Kim - I hate the cooktop! It is hard to clean, the cleaning products that work at all well seem pretty toxic, and once I get it clean I have to cook another meal and it gets messy again!!! Maybe we can live on cold cereal??
Sue in Richland WA
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  09:16:49 AM  Show Profile
With a husband and two teenage boys, I would have to say hands down that it would our two bathrooms.

Farmgirl #170

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  09:55:45 AM  Show Profile
For me it's what I affectionately call turd herding...LOL! I hate cleaning the cat litterboxes and rabbit cages. At least I'm down to 2 rabbits. I used to have over 35 of them!

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!
Go to Top of Page

bushelnpeck
True Blue Farmgirl

262 Posts

Debbie
Sparks Nv
USA
262 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  11:57:49 AM  Show Profile  Send bushelnpeck an AOL message
For me it's those darn dust bunnies, here in NV we live in a dustbowl. I can handle the worst of bathrooms or kitchens, but literally one could dust here every day and still not keep up with it,so frustrating to see them smile when you are walking away with your dust rag...gurrrrr...Debbie

Farmgirl Sister #324

duty makes us do things, but love, makes us do things beautifully...
Go to Top of Page

daylily
True Blue Farmgirl

114 Posts

Chris
Newcastle CA
USA
114 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  1:56:04 PM  Show Profile
The bathrooms! I always wish I only had one to clean, until someone is in one, and I have to GO!Ü

Edited by - daylily on Sep 02 2008 1:58:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

City_Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Christina
Omaha Nebraska
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  2:07:34 PM  Show Profile
absolutly would have to be the bathroom! That is why my daughter is in charge of cleaning her own. My son and husband take turns doing the other one. Thankfully I have them all been well trained!

Christina
Farmgirl Sister #195
http://justacitychick.blogspot.com/

Although no one can go back and make a brand new start; anyone can start from now
and make a brand new end.
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  2:59:51 PM  Show Profile
The hall bath. It's the one the family uses. No one cleans up after themselves, so I jsut walk on by until I cannot take it any longer. Then I super clean it and leave notes for everyone to remind them that - oh, wait! - I am not the maid. That lasts about a week. If we have someone come iover unexpectedly, I quickly dispatch one of them to clean up, and they do not like it. Oh, well. So sad, too bad. :)

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

www.perfectlittlemiracle.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  3:13:16 PM  Show Profile
The biggest thing I hate cleaning is dishes!!!! I don't really mind washing them, but with three kids it seems that I always have a sink full and on top of that the plumbing is messed up so I have a 5 gallon bucket under the sink and I have to drag it outside to empty it!
Monica
Farmgirls Rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  4:11:38 PM  Show Profile
Hot loads. I do about one hot load a week of baby's wash cloths, anything that touched urine, vomit, etc. The genius that built or cabin didn't plumb hot water all the way to the laundry room. Anyway, I have to fill buckets and carry them from the tub to the outside laundry room.

Trish
Farmgirl Sister #91
Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

laluna
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

New York
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  5:35:29 PM  Show Profile
Um, right now? The entire house, as we're in the middle of a major kitchen renovation, which this week included sanding down the hardwood floors. Despite hanging sheets and covering up what we could, the (saw)dust has permeated just about every nook and cranny in the house. I am not relishing clean-up this weekend (which is when the deep-cleaning will have to wait until, as I just started back to work this week - ugh!).

"I believe in God, only I spell it Nature." -- Frank Lloyd Wright
Go to Top of Page

scurran
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Sara
St. Louis Missouri
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  7:59:46 PM  Show Profile
For me it's not so much cleaning a particular part of the house as it is when I start cleaning and fall into a major organizational project. Cleaning the office turns into an all afternoon 'sort-fest'. 3 hours later I've just shifted everything into piles in the hallway. Next job...clean the hallway!

Sara

**Be the change you want to see in the world**
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  10:18:09 PM  Show Profile
I hate dusting and running the vacuum! I love to scrub so kitchens and baths are my favorites. I feel like when I scrub I can see the fruits of my labor - shiny chrome, clean tiles, clean mirrors. I'll clean your bathrooms if you'll dust my furniture!

Handmade Soap and More! - http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com

PROUD FARMGIRL SISTER #100
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  10:30:30 PM  Show Profile
Bathroom for sure. We only have one with 6 of us at home. Not complaining about THAT part..but half of us are guys..ugh. I do have one helper (of the kids) each week. The girls are better helpers than the boys, but I do have them do some of the cleaning and all of the picking up in there. My kids rotate chores...pet helper, bathroom helper, kitchen helper and trash helper. It helps.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

daylily
True Blue Farmgirl

114 Posts

Chris
Newcastle CA
USA
114 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2008 :  12:29:37 PM  Show Profile
Jenny, I really like that idea of rotating the kids through "helper" duties! When I was a girl, I would have loved mowing the lawn, "outside helper"?, once in a while. My brother aways did that, while I always on KP!

Chris

http://refininglife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2008 :  12:52:25 PM  Show Profile
I hate cleaning the bathroom, but I hate cleaning out the fridge even worse. Not only is it gross, it's awkward wrestling all those drawers and shelves in and out. And of course, they are all too big to fit in the sink easily.
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2008 :  1:20:04 PM  Show Profile
BATHROOM!!!! Fridge too,and to be honest?? Everything lol, but needs to be done, so..... :D

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

http://princess-of-pink-creations.blogspot.com/
my new BLOG
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic What do you hate cleaning the most? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page