hattah
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

Margaret
Maine
USA
48 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  2:56:20 PM  Show Profile
One more newbie farmgirl introducing herself.
I live in the great state of Maine and have all my life.
Right now I am working as a gatekeeper in the North Central part of the state. So I get to live in a camp on Caribou Lake every other week for 7 months out of the year.
I just discovered Mary Jane's Farm magazine and I fell in love! I used to do so many of the things she has in her magazine so it was like meeting an old friend.
I look forward to checking in here and meeting all of you.
peace
hattah

eskimobirdlady
True Blue Farmgirl

700 Posts

connie
fairbanks ak
USA
700 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  3:24:16 PM  Show Profile  Send eskimobirdlady a Yahoo! Message
welcome, hattah, from the last frontier. peace connie in alaska
Go to Top of Page

hattah
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

Margaret
Maine
USA
48 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  3:53:01 PM  Show Profile
thankies kindly eskimobirdlady =0D
Alaska is one state I need to see before I die. I have wanted to go there for a long time.
Nearly bought a place in Homer years back when my kids were babies. Always kind of regretted not doing it. But I love Maine so maybe someday I can visit the great white north!
Go to Top of Page

eskimobirdlady
True Blue Farmgirl

700 Posts

connie
fairbanks ak
USA
700 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  4:22:11 PM  Show Profile  Send eskimobirdlady a Yahoo! Message
i hope you can too! but dont go to the coast. see the interior! i find the weather, while having huge swings in temps, is much easier to tolerate as it is quite low humidity and when its cold ther eis usually little wind (at least wehre we are lol) its so funny that while i live here and love it, i swore up one side and down the other that i would NEVER EVEN VISIT ALASKA cuz it was too cold! now you cant get me to leave even for a vacation! there is an ancient saign "never name the well you wont drink from" *grin* be careful you might get hooked on it if ya visit! just be sure to bring my phone number and plenty of bug spray!! our mosquitoes are about as bad as they can get anywhere on earth! we call them our state bird lol. there can be so many that they have been known to take down a full grown moose! i wear my "summer scent" everytime i am outdoors! lol peace connie in alaska
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  4:35:11 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Hattah!! I have never been to Maine but really really want to go one of these days!! I've heard it's absolutely beautiful!

Melanie

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart. Helen Keller "http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ ~shop~ http://www.brokenin.ecrater.com/
Go to Top of Page

farmgirlkate
True Blue Farmgirl

167 Posts

kate
bryan TX
USA
167 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  4:51:42 PM  Show Profile
Howdy and welcome from Texas Hattah! You sound like a dyed in the wool farm girl to me-I think you'll fit right in :)
come make yourself at home!
~kate

"You only have what you give...""

www.xanga.com/k8tthelate
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  5:25:18 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, I live in the midcoast of Maine. Nice to have another farmgirl in the general neck of the woods. You will love this forum, lots of wonderful women with tales to tell, things to share....

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  6:25:01 PM  Show Profile
welcome hattah from a Georgia girl,glad your here! Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MissWhit
True Blue Farmgirl

142 Posts

Whitney
Maine
USA
142 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  7:38:39 PM  Show Profile
I am so excited!!! I am moving to Maine for good (have been in between Maine and Utah for the past few years) in October and am so excited to have contacts!! Maybe the 3 of us can get together once a month or so for something fun to do...

"The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest." Thomas More

Farmgirl Sister #154
Go to Top of Page

Buffalomary
True Blue Farmgirl

199 Posts

Mary
Caldwell ID
USA
199 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  8:56:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi and Welcome! The more, the merrier!!

You can take the farmer's daughter off the farm but you can't take the farm out of the farmer's daughter!!
Go to Top of Page

msjocee
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Josie
Canyon Country CA
USA
129 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  9:05:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi! I get to vist Maine this September. The girls on these boards have given me loads of places to see on my vist! Welcome

Mom to wild boys: Miah(10), and Jakie(6)

"Everything is Possible for They who believe."
Go to Top of Page

hattah
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

Margaret
Maine
USA
48 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  06:32:35 AM  Show Profile
*big grin*
eskimobirdlady
Maine goes back and forth on state birds. Mosquitos/black flies. Right now I would vote for a mingie.
Yeah someday. I love the coast of nearly anyplace but I would love to see all of Alaska. I am not a heat and humidity lover and we have far more of that now in Maine than we did when I was a kid.
If I come your way I will definitely let you know.

peace
hattah :D
Go to Top of Page

hattah
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

Margaret
Maine
USA
48 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  06:41:25 AM  Show Profile
Hi electricdunce and MissWhit Mainers! cool! I don't believe I have been to the Belmont area. But I have definitely been to Camden and Belfast. I do so love the coast. I come from Gardiner originally and have been in the area since 1990. Did some of my growing up years in Millinocket so am familiar with quite a bit of the state.

MissWhit where in Maine are you moving to?

msjocee where are you gonna be in Maine in September??

And a big Hey There! to Georgia and Texas and Idaho and Indiana!
Been through Georgia on the way to Fla-La-Land what a LONG road that is! But have never been further West. Someday day when gas goes back to 20 cents a gallon. heh...right!

whirled peas plz
hattah :D
Go to Top of Page

eskimobirdlady
True Blue Farmgirl

700 Posts

connie
fairbanks ak
USA
700 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  06:51:40 AM  Show Profile  Send eskimobirdlady a Yahoo! Message
i will look forward to that! i remember visiting in vermont and how bad the black flies and mosquitoes were! i think alaska has ya beat tho on the mosquitoes and noo-see-ems! lol
the summers on the coast are wet and windy with temps raning from the 40s to the 60s usually. in the interior we usually (tho not this summer) have dry, calm, warm weather. tho we get into the 80s and occasionaly the 90s it is quite comfy because of the fact that we have extremely low humidity. i have told hubby that if we had landed anywhere else in alaska i wouldnt have liked it at all!
peace connie in alaska
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  07:13:15 AM  Show Profile
I used to live in Searsport, where the sun didn't cut through the fog till afternoon sometimes, well I grew up there a million years ago, but Belmont is out back of Belfast and the sun actually comes up in the morning. Caribou Lake is a lovely place. I hope to catch up to the other half of the state again someday, my daughter lived in jackman for a couple years and i loved going up there...

Time to go drink more coffee, gotta keep my strength up to battle them black flies...

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

eskimobirdlady
True Blue Farmgirl

700 Posts

connie
fairbanks ak
USA
700 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  07:21:54 AM  Show Profile  Send eskimobirdlady a Yahoo! Message
there is so much of the state i would love to see but as you know its huge and even my promised trip to deadhorse in on hold indefinately *sigh* i am going to chicken for caribou hunting finally!! peace connie in alaska
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  07:58:13 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Hattah! I visited Maine with my kids a couple years ago...loved it! Actually, it's a lot like the upper part of MI (but with all the nice sea smells!) Welcome to the forums...hope you enjoy.

--I am grateful. I have enough.--
Go to Top of Page

hattah
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

Margaret
Maine
USA
48 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  09:39:13 AM  Show Profile
Hi back at you! Where did you stay in Maine?/
thankies for the welcome

I can tell I am gonna like it here!!!
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  09:52:37 AM  Show Profile
Hi Hattah,

Oh, Maine is so beautiful. I absolutely fell in love with your state when we stayed there a few years ago. Glad you could join us! You are gonna love it here.
Take care,
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

It's never too late to be what you might have been.

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Go to Top of Page

msjocee
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Josie
Canyon Country CA
USA
129 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  10:06:06 AM  Show Profile
Hattah I am going to be in Camden the 2nd week of Sept. with my boys hubby can't make the trip! So I get to fly across the US with 2 boys!! We will celebrating my oldest 10th bday while in Maine.

Mom to wild boys: Miah(10), and Jakie(6)

"Everything is Possible for They who believe."
Go to Top of Page

gracieinhollow
True Blue Farmgirl

121 Posts

wilma
mchenry KENTUCKY
USA
121 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  10:14:28 AM  Show Profile
WELCOME FROM THE HOLLOW!, I BET ITS COOLER THAN HERE IN KY. www.doubledoorantiques.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

MissWhit
True Blue Farmgirl

142 Posts

Whitney
Maine
USA
142 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  11:08:02 AM  Show Profile
Hi Hattah! I will be moving to the Dover-Foxcroft/Monson area. I am headed that way in October, and I couldn't be more excited! Wish I wasn't moving so close to winter, I have so many spring-time things I want to do when I get there! Chickens, gardens, goats, etc.....I haven't been much farther north that Baxter State Park, but would love to head up there sometime soon. Maybe in October before it gets to chilly while the trees are still golden :) Welcome to the site again, you are going to love it

"The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest." Thomas More

Farmgirl Sister #154
Go to Top of Page

handyam
True Blue Farmgirl

394 Posts

Ada Mae
Greensburg KY.
USA
394 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  11:28:20 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Hattah from the Bluegrass State of Kentucky. I've never been to Maine, but would love to.

www.adasadorableaprons.blogspot.com

This is the day that the Lord has made.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  12:57:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi Hattah:
Welcome from the state of Louisiana. I have lived here all my life, so that makes me a Cajun. My sweetie (husband) and I vacationed up in Maine one spring, and stayed at this Bed and Breakfast. The owner asked if I would cook a seafood gumbo, which I did. It was a hit. Hope you find a lot of new friends at the site. Have a great and happy day.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

hattah
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

Margaret
Maine
USA
48 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  1:49:17 PM  Show Profile
MissWhit you are moving about 12 miles or so from where I live right now! LOL. But I may be moving to Millinocket or the County at some point. Not sure when as yet. This is too funny!

gracieinhollow.you could be right! But we are 90 and really really humid right now. Blah! I feel wilted!

msjocee my grandson is gonna be 10 in October. So he always has Halloween parties LOL. I can't think of a better place to celebrate a B-day than here. I love Camden it is one of my most loved spots. My grandson is also a WildBoy. LOL Oh Man!

Marcy I have been through RI although it was 20+ yrs ago. It is a little place but it is one of the prettiest I have been in. I think I went to Providence.

handyam I think I saw Kentucky through the mists of the mountains in West Va but that is as close as I have gotten. I really need a big bio-fuel camper so I can go all these places I would love to visit.

Okay gumbo, blues, cajun zydeco, I AM THERE! New Orleans poor lady :( still we see the mess left by Katrina. The Garden District always intrigued me when I read about it. I guess there isn't anything left there is there? I have a little (eccentric) old lady that brings me mardi gras beads every year. And I never part with them...lol

I can't believe there are so many of "us". LOL

peace
hattah

Go to Top of Page

MissWhit
True Blue Farmgirl

142 Posts

Whitney
Maine
USA
142 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  1:53:21 PM  Show Profile
That's so close!! My fiance is going to be in Millinocket for a month in September to finish out his "outside rotations" for anesthesia school, then graduates in November! Yay!!! I love all the water north of Dover...there are lakes, ponds, streams, rivers EVERYWHERE. I am in Utah right now, and abudant water is like a far off fantasy in my head. Our first big present to ourselves after graduation is going to be a canoe and a couple kayaks. Won't do us much good in November I suppose, but we can ooh and aah over them until spring comes I guess :)

Farmgirl Sister #154
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hi from Maine! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page