Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 It's Not Much,,,,But It's Home
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic It's Not Much,,,,But It's Home Next Topic
Page: of 2

Patsy
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Illinois
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  08:26:50 AM  Show Profile
We were talking about big and small homes. I would love to have a house but can't afford it. Here is my little abode.

May God bless those who love the soil,

Patsy

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  08:35:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Well, I love it, Patsy. It's as sweet as a Georgia peach! Do you know what year it is? Mine dates to the 1970's. I think those of us who have vintage(never old, always 'vintage'!)trailer homes should form a club. You, me and Carol Sue so far. I love the colors it's painted. I'm going to have to paint mine next summer. It's gray/white trim now.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

farmgirlkate
True Blue Farmgirl

167 Posts

kate
bryan TX
USA
167 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  08:39:24 AM  Show Profile
it looks pretty darn good to me :) I love the little blue mailbox post-heehee-so cute :)

"You only have what you give...""

www.xanga.com/k8tthelate
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  10:29:44 AM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
Hey, I think that's cute! Nothing wrong with a trailer. Honestly, I'd give anything for one right now! LOL. I live in a one bedroom condo in the city (not forever though!) With trailers, you get more than that!

http://maggie.ecrater.com
http://maggiemerch.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  10:57:37 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Can I join your trailer home club too?! I agree with the girls~ it's lovely. Your place looks so homey and inviting.
Mine is a 1971, but I don't know the make or whatever you call it. But it's a very faded gray with white trim. I have a tip out on the living room. (That's my computer room. It's actually a big open living room)I really want to freshen up the paint, but have no idea where I'm going to find the time.

Melanie

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart." Helen Keller
http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/
My shop is finally up and running.. http://www.brokenin.ecrater.com/
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  11:08:08 AM  Show Profile
My mum just moved into a trailer, and ya know, people may long for a house when they're living in trailers, but trailers are really some of the coziest homes I've ever been in. Lots of my friends growing up lived in them, and their homes were always warm and inviting, I think it's the smaller space.

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  11:16:41 AM  Show Profile
I lived in trailers for a lot of my life. My parents moved around a lot and just took their home with them. The three of us kids all live in stick-built homes, but give me a paid-for trailer on a small plot of property and I'd be content.

Jodi, do you actually get your mail delivered to your front porch? If you do, you are probably on first-name basis with the mail carrier. I don't have that luxury, because I have to walk to my mailbox (no problem there) and it is clustered there with about 16 other boxes. About the only time I see my neighbors.

Your yard looks lovely and so neat. And you seem to have a nice sized garage. Trees around you for shade and flowers on your front porch.

If the roof doesn't leak, looks perfectly good to me. You can move on to other things.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Patsy
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Illinois
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  12:55:20 PM  Show Profile
It is a 1979 and I just had a rubber roof put on it last year. It was leaking then but not anymore! It is a two bedroom, one and half baths and has a large kitchen which I like. I own the lot it sits on and also a one car garage. Parts of it needs new skirting but I can't afford to have that done right now. I will try to patch it myself. We have had storms and I lost a couple of pieces of skirting. Someone says Menards has skirting. Hope so, because I have checked everywhere else.

Patsy

Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  1:13:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Patsy, if you own the lot and the nice garage, you are in good shape. We had a new roof put on ours two years ago. I'll be painting it next summer. Did you paint it yourself? The main color on the body has a peachy tone to it on my computer. What is the color called? I really like it.

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Patsy
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Illinois
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  2:12:21 PM  Show Profile
Janice,

Would you believe it has never been painted!?! The paint is wearing like iron. It is kind of a salmon color and I really like it. There are a couple of places on the other side that could stand a touchup but really not too bad.

Patsy

Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  2:27:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
That's great, Patsy! I may have to copy your paint colors next summer. I'm ready for something more colorful than gray. :D Your colors are so nice and 'cottagey'.

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  3:59:24 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I think it is one of the things that helps to qualify me as a farm girl.. that ability to make any house a home.. I once lived in a quonset hut..and I have some of the best memories from it.....

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  10:16:02 PM  Show Profile
paatsy .. your trailer is really cute! it looks kinda' WESTERN to me .. how do you have it decorated inside?

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  04:36:15 AM  Show Profile
You have made it so cozy and inviting! Sounds like the perfect home to me. :)

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
www.madrekarin.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  07:11:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I really like your home! It looks so pretty and inviting! I don't think there is anything wrong with having a trailer. Our living spaces are what you make of it! I would get a big smile at coming home to a place like that. It is obviously well loved! I would like to think that if walls could talk our homes would be happy ones!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

City_Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Christina
Omaha Nebraska
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  07:21:52 AM  Show Profile
Patsy I love it! Some of my fondest memories of my first Christmas with my husband were while we lived in a trailer. I loved everything about it but the kitchen. It was so small. Home really is what you make of it. It is what your heart makes of it.

Christina
Farmgirl Sister #195
Although no one can go back and make a brand new start; anyone can start from now
and make a brand new end.
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  12:07:30 PM  Show Profile
I wanna join too!! Mine is a 80 something......I'll have to take some pics!!
It is a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, it is almost too big really.I have a big pole building/garage also.
I need new underpinning to, the people before me weed-wacked it too many times ;P
I also have to coat my roof this year.I would like to have new bottom kitchen cabinets(((dream)))
The only thing I can say that I do not like is the way the windows sweat & ice up in the winter. Otherwise I love it!! LOL

Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  6:25:11 PM  Show Profile
I grew up in a trailer from birth to 7 years of age, Patsy...and my mom still talks about the double ovens she had inset into the wall of the kitchen, and the bay window in the breakfast nook area. I loved our lot, too...and our neighbors. Now I know they were all retirees, to me they just seemed like "extra" grandparents :)

I think it's adorable, and home is where you are. Whether you own it, or rent it, or it's an igloo, it's home.

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

mrsmorgen
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

morgen
coudersport pa
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  05:03:20 AM  Show Profile
It is so inviting! I'd love to sit on your front porch and chat about farmgirl stuff!
morgen

I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all..
laura ingalls wilder

www.laubers.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  05:11:54 AM  Show Profile
What a cozy home. I was born and raised in Springfield, and there were many home parks that had homes like yours. I think it is as cute as can be, and made me think of my hometown. And it is neat as a pin!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

iloveprims
True Blue Farmgirl

154 Posts

TRACY
Phillipsburg NJ
USA
154 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  2:55:29 PM  Show Profile  Send iloveprims a Yahoo! Message
I think your home is very nice. DH and I were thinking of getting a doublewide and putting in on a 5 acre lot.... I want to be able to have chickens and maybe a goat or two but who knows.

http://wantingtobeme.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2008 :  2:15:17 PM  Show Profile
patsy:
your home is beautiful. I love the flowers. Home is where the heart is. Happy day to you.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

Buffalomary
True Blue Farmgirl

199 Posts

Mary
Caldwell ID
USA
199 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2008 :  7:54:15 PM  Show Profile
What a cute place! Owning the ground is a huge plus!! I was in a mobile until a couple years ago, but I was also sitting in a trailer park, paying monthly lot rent. My grandmother has been in one for over 15 years now. Her trailer was paid for a long time ago but she has been paying rent for the land all this time. I didn't like the math at all! The idea of spending that much money on land I couldn't do anything with got me in gear to find a different place. It is not exactly where I have dreamed of being but the land is mine to do with what I want (huge garden!! little yard!!) versus what the landlord want (what's a garden?)

You can take the farmer's daughter off the farm but you can't take the farm out of the farmer's daughter!!
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2008 :  9:02:39 PM  Show Profile
Patsy - your little abode is adorable! The yard looks so pretty. Where are you in Clark County, IL? I used to live in Charleston when my first husband went to EIU in the 70's and worked in Mattoon. I was born and raised around Springfield.

Handmade Soap and More! - http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com

PROUD FARMGIRL SISTER #100
Go to Top of Page

Patsy
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Illinois
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2008 :  05:06:44 AM  Show Profile
Kay,

I live in Marshall. But I also went to EIU in the early 70's! Graduated in 1972. What a small world it is.

I think that if a mortal ever heard the voice of God, it would be in a garden at the cool of the day. (F. Moore)

Patsy

Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2008 :  11:03:30 AM  Show Profile
I know where Marshall is. My Ex graduated from EIU in '74. It truly is a small world.

Handmade Soap and More! - http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com

PROUD FARMGIRL SISTER #100
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic It's Not Much,,,,But It's Home Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page