True Blue Farmgirl

175 Posts

Kate
Tyler TX
USA
175 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  08:22:29 AM  Show Profile
Hi Caron,
I've been away for this past week...and don't remember if I put my name on the list or not. I think I did.....and hope I did, but I'm not sure. Is it possible for you to check and see if I'm on the list? And if I'm not, can I still be put on it...or is it too late? Sorry for the "brain fart"....but I've been a bit distracted....but hopefully I'm back and ready to rock and roll.
Thanks Caron!!!

Ciao, Kate

Farmgirl sister

http://quintessentialkate.blogspot.com

Today is my best day!
Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  09:05:26 AM  Show Profile
Kate,I think you were on the list, but to be sure I'll submit your name again.

Caron

"Praise God from whom all blessings flow"

Farmgirl Sister #254
Heart of Texas Farmgirl Chapter
Go to Top of Page

Quintessential Kate
True Blue Farmgirl

175 Posts

Kate
Tyler TX
USA
175 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2008 :  05:02:19 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Caron!!!!!

Ciao, Kate

Farmgirl sister

Today is my best day!
Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2008 :  08:34:24 AM  Show Profile
You're welcome Kate!

Hotties, it's the start of another week! I hope you all had a good weekend.My sister lives in Katy, and she came in for the weekend, so we had a good time visitng, shopping, and spending time with her grandson and his sisters (the girls are not my nephews children, but they are our family just the same).

Off to to clean out the fridge now...yuck!

Caron

Farmgirl Sister #254
Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2008 :  07:40:19 AM  Show Profile
Hello Hotties! Well today I am off to a hurried start. Early this morning a pipe under our house decided the stress was too much and ruptured.Hubby had to run out in the dark to find the water valve and shut it off. So as soon as I thought they had opened, I put in a call to the plumber. Now the plumber is here, he has fixed that problem but also found another problem (naturally) so that is being worked on.Ugh!
On the upside: part of the backyard got a nice watering.

Caron

Farmgirl Sister #254
Go to Top of Page

Txfarmgal
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

AK

USA
585 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2008 :  09:11:01 AM  Show Profile
Caron, I am expecting God to fix your plumbing problems with not alot of $$. Great way to look at it on the postive with the lawn getting watered. You have a blessed day. hugs

AngiKay

For he is faithful that promised. Hebrews 10:23

check out Texas 4H! http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/
Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2008 :  4:40:19 PM  Show Profile
Thank you AngiKay! It looks like in addition to the pipe repairs we are going to have to get a new tub and pipes to it. All of the current plumbing is just crumbling due to age,and when he would fix one piece, another flaked off. But I'm still blessed!
I'll have a new tub to take bubble baths in and nice new pipes to bring me my water!

Caron

Farmgirl Sister #254
Go to Top of Page

The Midwife
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Kay
Fort Worth Texas
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2008 :  5:09:07 PM  Show Profile
Caron:

How wonderful that you are going to have a new tub. Plumbing problems, like car problems, can really be no fun to go through. But you are right, we are so blessed, when you stop to consider that our great-great grandmothers had to bring water up from the creek, heat it on the wood stove, and pour it into a large basin. Wouldn't they marvel at our indoor plumbing today??!!!!!
k

If God throws you a curve ball, don't duck. You just might miss a great blessing
Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2008 :  04:38:21 AM  Show Profile
Kay, my town was hit by hurricane Rita a few years ago. We went days without water and weeks without electricity. I'm grateful every time I turn on that faucet or flip that switch.
At one point we were going into the holes left by fallen trees to scoop out the water to flush the toilet.Ugh!

Caron

Farmgirl Sister #254
Go to Top of Page

The Midwife
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Kay
Fort Worth Texas
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2008 :  06:16:51 AM  Show Profile
Caron:

Wow...Hurricane Rita!! That must have been a real "adventure". I cannot imagine going through something like that. Though I have been through a lot of trials in this life, I am thankful that I have never been through a "natural disaster". I bet you had to learn all kinds of new ways to do normal things during that trial.

So are you on a farm where you live? I am still stuck in the city, though we have begun looking at land in the country in earnest. Our long term goal is to find enough land to build a retreat center, with small log cabins where folks from the city can come and rest a bit. We are planning for this to be our final move, so it has to be the right piece of land. And I don't want to get too far away from our grandbabies.

k

If God throws you a curve ball, don't duck. You just might miss a great blessing
Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  07:48:37 AM  Show Profile
Kay, we live in a small town. In the future, we are going to inherit 8 acres out in the country. However, to inherit you know what must happen (death), so we're happy to wait for it, if you know what I mean!
We have a nice house, my husband has lived in it all his life. We plant a small garden and try to do things the old fashioned way as best we can. I make bread, do a lot of cooking from scratch, and make jellies and jams. He does wood-working and loves to work in the garden and yard.
So for now, it's pretty nice! The town had to do a lot of work to recover from the hurricane. Thankfully our home only had to have a new roof.Our big oak trees stood strong, and they are wonderful to have,many people lost all their trees in their yards. My in-laws lost 35 trees off their property alone!
We know we are blessed to live as we do..

Caron

Farmgirl Sister #254
Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  09:09:51 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning dear Hotties! It is REALLY hot here in southeast Texas today. I'm going to try to stay indoors as much as possible today.
So Texas gals, don't get too hot today! Be sure you stay hydrated, and if you must be outdoors, wear a hat to shield you from the sun!

Caron

Farmgirl Sister #254
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  09:13:23 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Caron, I was able to log into the Henhouse but they discussions are locked. YEE HAWW!!! I am so excited.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  09:43:43 AM  Show Profile
I noticed that last night! I'm going to send an e-mail to the farm to find out why.

Caron

Farmgirl Sister #254
Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  12:46:08 PM  Show Profile
Alrighty! All our folders are now unlocked.Newly added(as of today) members of the Henhouse are: QuintessentialKate, Catscharm74 and LyricsLaTeedas!

If you would also like to be able to post in the Henhouse..well,go git yerself a sisterhood membership and come join us in our house! We're saving a roosting spot for you in there!

Caron

Farmgirl Sister #254

Edited by - Caron on Jul 18 2008 12:54:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

CountryKim
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
66 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  4:02:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi! *waves*
I am here in Pflugerville. Any Chapters near me?

CountryKim
Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  07:08:37 AM  Show Profile
Hey there, CountryKim! Welcome!

Caron

Farmgirl Sister #254
Go to Top of Page

Quintessential Kate
True Blue Farmgirl

175 Posts

Kate
Tyler TX
USA
175 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  08:48:24 AM  Show Profile
Hi Kim,
I'm Kate....in Tyler, TX
Welcome to the farm...you're gonna LOVE it here!!

Ciao,
Kate

Farmgirl sister

Today is my best day!
Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2008 :  05:39:28 AM  Show Profile
Good morning Hotties! It's raining here in my hometown, thanks in some part to Dolly. We're getting some of the outer bands, I think. My yard is happy for the water no matter where it's coming from.
I have church camp today, so I'm about to leave for that.
The plumbers put in my new tub yesterday.We have tile around the tub and on the lower half of the walls of the bathroom. I expected the tub tiles to be busted out to get the tub in (they've been replaced before when the former tub was put in), but they also busted some of the wall tiles which are original to the house and over 55 years old. Replacing them will be impossible. So I'll go to Home Depot today and try to find the closest color match I can.Drats.
Well,off to camp to play with the kids!

Caron

Farmgirl Sister #254

Edited by - Caron on Jul 23 2008 05:40:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

Quintessential Kate
True Blue Farmgirl

175 Posts

Kate
Tyler TX
USA
175 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2008 :  06:54:15 AM  Show Profile
Sending prayers your way.......hope you don't get hit too hard by Dolly. I'm hoping some of that rain will find it's way to Tyler and surrounding towns...we've been waaaay dry here. Our sweet little weatherman said that we should get some scattered showers by this afternoon. My garden will be happy...as will my hubby. I've been sick for the past few days...so the garden watering duties have fallen on him.
Speaking of hurricanes....and Rita....We had just moved back to Texas from Arizona just a day before Katrina hit New Orleans....and it was awful. I felt soo sorry for the refugees, but there's really not a lot we could do except make a monetary contribution...and offer our hands at the Salvation Army. We did go through clothes and household items...and donate them. Then, what, maybe 3 weeks later Rita hit in the opposite corner of Louisiana. My DH and I were living at my moms house....and when the evacuation notice for Sulpher, Lake Charles and all those little cities down there in central and southwest LA.....my relatives who live down there made their way up to Chandler TX...about 15 miles west of Tyler. They arrived about 24 hours prior to landfall.....they took the evacuation notice very seriously. There were 14 people....2 of them very pregnant. 7 cars and trucks, one trailer with 3 horses, one trailer with 2 harleys, and one trailer with 2 harleys and a couple of dirt bikes, 4 dogs, 4 or 5 cats...combined with my moms one Schnauzer...and our 2 Schanuzers...our 2 cockatiels...and our 12 year old sugar glider named "Stubby". Most of them ended up staying almost 2 weeks...because the authorities were telling people not to go to their homes until given notice. In the meantime we found as many generators as we could for them to take back with them. My brother found a few on ebay...and they came all the way from Michigan...because there was not one to be found this side of the Red River. It was quite an experience....and we took the lemons and made lemonade. We turned it in to a family reunion.....
Again...my thoughts and prayers are with all of you down Dolly's way. Stay safe!

Ciao, Kate

Farmgirl sister

Today is my best day!
Go to Top of Page

Quintessential Kate
True Blue Farmgirl

175 Posts

Kate
Tyler TX
USA
175 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2008 :  06:57:04 AM  Show Profile
P.S. My moms house is out in the country on 30 acres...and her house is about 3300 square feet....so there was plenty of room for all.

Farmgirl sister

Today is my best day!
Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  10:24:27 AM  Show Profile
It sounds very nice Kate. What a blessing your family was able to go there during that storm.
By the way, a few years back my new fiance (now hubby) took me to Tyler to meet his family who came down from Oklahoma. We stayed at the Waldort-Spence (I hope I spelled that right) Bed and Breakfast. Since we've married, my husband and I have stayed at several more Bed and Breakfasts but none have been as nice as that one was. It was so beautiful! Hubby got to stay in one of the big, big rooms downstairs and I and his sister stayed upstairs. Other relatives went to a local motel, B&B's not being their cup of tea.
When we go to Tyler again I want to stay there again, and this time I can be in the big,big bedroom downstairs too!

Caron

Farmgirl Sister #254

Edited by - Caron on Jul 24 2008 10:26:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  10:30:43 AM  Show Profile
Oh, here it is! www.Woldert-Spence.com

Caron

Farmgirl Sister #254
Go to Top of Page

Quintessential Kate
True Blue Farmgirl

175 Posts

Kate
Tyler TX
USA
175 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  05:10:26 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the info.....I have not had time to check out all the neat places here in Tyler. I pass the B&B almost daily....it's in my neighborhood, although I've never been inside. From the pics, it's beautiful. Hope you'll let me know next time you're in Tyler.

Ciao,
Kate

Farmgirl sister

Today is my best day!
Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  1:51:29 PM  Show Profile
"Hope you'll let me know next time you're in Tyler."

I'll do that, Kate!

Caron

Farmgirl Sister #254
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Texas Chapter? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page