Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  06:31:40 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Hotties! I hope you have a wonderful day today! I'm still waiting to hear from Jen that the computer problem they are having has been fixed.I hope we don't have to put our Texas cowboy boots on and kick in that Henhouse door!
In the meantime, be thinking on ideas for our virtual chapter. Would we like to all work on a project at the same time like a apron sew-a-thon, a Christmas Card exchange? Let's toss around some ideas!

Caron

"Praise God from whom all blessings flow"

Farmgirl Sister #254

Edited by - Caron on Jul 10 2008 06:32:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  06:44:35 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Maybe we could divide it by months and break that down by a craft, a recipe, a sew along, musings, link of the month, HOTTIE of the Month, etc. for that specific month. I think if we planned our Christmas things, say in September, and so forth, that would be helpful.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Txfarmgal
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

AK

USA
585 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  07:03:11 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Caron

Good Morning Hotties! I hope you have a wonderful day today! I'm still waiting to hear from Jen that the computer problem they are having has been fixed.I hope we don't have to put our Texas cowboy boots on and kick in that Henhouse door!
In the meantime, be thinking on ideas for our virtual chapter. Would we like to all work on a project at the same time like a apron sew-a-thon, a Christmas Card exchange? Let's toss around some ideas!

Caron

Farmgirl Sister #254

Caron, I would like to do all those things. I would also like our group to help someone, a group or somthing. In anyone's area here in TX like a children's or woman's home and make baby blakets for them or somthing. thanks everyone for thinking about that.

AngiKay

For he is faithful that promised. Hebrews 10:23

check out Texas 4H! http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/
Go to Top of Page

DebN
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Denton Texas
4 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  07:08:39 AM  Show Profile
Hi Hotties...
I want to be H.O.T. too...count me in.
How fun!
Go to Top of Page

elphie0503
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Samantha
Gilmer Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  07:28:17 AM  Show Profile  Send elphie0503 an AOL message
Caron~I do like Jefferson!

I also like the idea of making something for a charity...I am just learning how to sew, but I can make a knotted-fleece blankey like nobodys business!!! A christmas exchange is cool, and if we do have a recipe month I feel it should be in November (b/c mamma is in a rut with the whole dinner menu at Thanksgiving)! This is going to be fun...now, I'm off to get my sisterhood going...

Samantha

www.elphie0503.blogspot.com

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort~~Albright

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  07:40:54 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
TEXAS... YOU FARMGIRLS ARE AWESOME.. I THINK WE SHOULD THROW DOWN A LITTLE 'FARMGIRL COMPETITION".. WASHINGTON FARMGIRLS VS TEXAS HOTTIES...SEE HOW MANY 'FARMGALS WE CAN GET FOR THE HENHOUSES'... WHATCHA THINK?

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  08:09:46 AM  Show Profile
Great suggestions! I agree we should do something for a charity in our area, so we'll work on that for sure.Love the other ideas too! I'm writing them all down....
Rene....Rene...Rene...Texas is an awfully big place,sister. Are you SURE you want a challenge? LOL!
Let us get our Henhouse set up first, then we'll look into that membership challenge, o.k.?

Caron

Farmgirl Sister #254

Edited by - Caron on Jul 10 2008 08:13:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  08:24:07 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Caron... "Washington might be "smaller" but we are "Mighty".... OK.. US too we will get a henhouse and then we are so "ON:.. LOL

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  08:35:48 AM  Show Profile
We'll be ready!

Caron

Farmgirl Sister #254
Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  08:37:10 AM  Show Profile
DebN, welcome!

Caron

Farmgirl Sister #254
Go to Top of Page

Txfarmgal
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

AK

USA
585 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  10:10:02 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Caron

Great suggestions! I agree we should do something for a charity in our area, so we'll work on that for sure.Love the other ideas too! I'm writing them all down....
Rene....Rene...Rene...Texas is an awfully big place,sister. Are you SURE you want a challenge? LOL!
Let us get our Henhouse set up first, then we'll look into that membership challenge, o.k.?

Caron

Farmgirl Sister #254

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i have an idea, since we like the idea of charity in our area, i think we should all work on somthing for each other's towns, like 1 month it will be for Samantha's and we take a break for a month then the next it's for someone else! That way we will all get a turn. What do you think?

AngiKay

Go to Top of Page

Txfarmgal
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

AK

USA
585 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  10:11:23 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by prosserfarmgirl

TEXAS... YOU FARMGIRLS ARE AWESOME.. I THINK WE SHOULD THROW DOWN A LITTLE 'FARMGIRL COMPETITION".. WASHINGTON FARMGIRLS VS TEXAS HOTTIES...SEE HOW MANY 'FARMGALS WE CAN GET FOR THE HENHOUSES'... WHATCHA THINK?

Rene, Sounds like a competition in the making! You Washington farmgirls virtual too? Listen hotties- it's a challange! You know how we texas girls like challanges!!!

AngiKay

Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  10:43:24 AM  Show Profile
To make it easier to find, I have formed a new thread. Even if you've already joined here, post your name there so we can get a good headcount!

Caron

Farmgirl Sister #254
Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  6:47:35 PM  Show Profile
Hotties, I just want to praise the Lord a little bit. Every afternoon I sit under a big tree in my chair, with my dog and wait for my hubby to come home from work. Today I didn't get to do that because for the first time in a long time I had some of the children in my family over to visit and I was inside fixing them a snack.
Today,right when I would have been in that chair, a BIG limb fell from the tree and fell right on my chair. Though I don't think I would have been killed by it, I would have been hurt by it. I'm praising God that I wasn't hurt today!

Caron

Farmgirl Sister #254
Go to Top of Page

Txfarmgal
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

AK

USA
585 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  6:50:43 PM  Show Profile
Caron, Wow!! Was it the rain or just a weak limb? I am so glad you are safe and sound! PTL!

AngiKay

Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  6:51:02 PM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
Oh, wow! That is amazing! Thank GOD for that. In some round-a-bout way it kept you from being there for sure! I believe that! I always say (really believe) God works in mysterious ways!

http://maggie.ecrater.com
http://maggiemerch.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2008 :  09:01:04 AM  Show Profile
Happy Friday, Hotties! I just checked my mail and the latest issue of MaryJanesFarm was in there!Yippeeee!!!! A quick look until I can totally study it tonight shows me lots of patterns for some neat "underpinnings" I can use in both everyday and reenactment clothing! I'll reveal no more till you all get your copy, but it's got some neat stuff in this issue!

Caron

Farmgirl Sister #254
Go to Top of Page

Txfarmgal
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

AK

USA
585 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2008 :  6:00:54 PM  Show Profile
Caron, Yes! I went to B & N today and picked my copy up! How is the henhouse?

AngiKay

Go to Top of Page

elphie0503
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Samantha
Gilmer Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2008 :  7:09:03 PM  Show Profile  Send elphie0503 an AOL message
OH! And I am going to the bookstore tomorrow!!!! Ahhhh...

Samantha

www.elphie0503.blogspot.com

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort~~Albright

Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2008 :  1:42:44 PM  Show Profile
Hotties, I have set up the welcome letter and put in my membership bio in the Henhouse. I have submitted everyone who put there name in the "Heart of Texas Farmgirls-Join Here" section to Sunny.
Remember to POST in the Henhouse, you have to have a sisterhood membership. But anyone can READ there, so be sure to check the messages there when you can. If you do not currently have a sisterhood membership,but need to post something for the group, post here in Chapter Chatter and I will look for it.

Caron

Farmgirl Sister #254
Go to Top of Page

The Midwife
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Kay
Fort Worth Texas
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2008 :  3:11:03 PM  Show Profile
Hi farmgals....I am not new here, but haven't been around for a long while. But I am back, and interested in getting to know you Hotties!!! I will join the henhouse, but may have to wait a bit to be able to post there. But thanks to ya'll who got things going.

k
Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2008 :  3:16:25 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Kay! Nice to meet you!

Caron

Farmgirl Sister #254
Heart of Texas Farmgirl Chapter

Edited by - Caron on Jul 12 2008 3:16:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  06:16:32 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, Hotties! Hope that you have had a great weekend so far and that today you get to rest and relax a bit.
Remember that we are having a badge/logo design contest! The winning designer will be sent a little prize for her design. The contest runs until July 31st. The design must fit into the hex shape that the sisterhood badge is in, otherwise be as creative as you'd like!

I'm looking forward to seeing what design the Heart of Texas Farmgirls will be wearing!

Caron

Farmgirl Sister #254
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  06:35:04 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Caron- when can we expect to access the henhouse? End of the week? Thanks for your hard work.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  08:08:50 AM  Show Profile
I'm not for sure, Heather. I did submit everyone's name to Sunny, but I think I sent that in Saturday so she probably hasn't seen it yet. If you don't hear something by mid-week let me know, and I'll e-mail her again.

Caron

Farmgirl Sister #254
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Texas Chapter? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page