Shi-anne
True Blue Farmgirl

596 Posts

Cheryl
Ada OK
USA
596 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2008 :  2:19:34 PM  Show Profile
I love everyone's "you might be a farmgirl ifs" - but have to say farmama_3k4h's post reminded me of when I was working in D.C. (long, long time ago). I was driving on the beltway one evening and I smelled a skunk. I got so excited, cause it had been months since I had smelled a stinking skunk! It reminded me of home! :-)

Seed catalogs coming in the mail in January are the best winter "pickmeups," aren't they? It makes spring seem just around the corner!

Farmgirls don't have hot flashes ~ They have power surges!
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2008 :  4:49:41 PM  Show Profile
You know you are a farm girl because you can go barefoot all day

Farm Girl #96

http://www.picturetrail.com/misswilmasplace

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2008 :  4:52:44 PM  Show Profile
Wow. You ladies have said it all! I know I'M a farmgirl-- the end of the day finds me with hay in my hair and in my shirt pocket, horse goobers in my hair too (don't know WHY that horse likes my hair so much), chicken poo on the bottoms of my shoes, dog slobber on my shirt, (from my LGD-- he's always got to rub his big nose and his wet face all OVER me!), dirt under my nails and usually on my face, scratches and cuts from GOD knows where, blisters on my palms and I'm usually smellin' like a stinky old goat! When the chores are all done and the animals are fed it's a mice hot bath with a good book and a good night's sleep! All those prissy girls can have thier manicures and pedicures, fancy hairdo's and expensive shoes. I wouldn't trade this life for ANYTHING!!! Farmgirl Hugs~~~Tracy

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2008 :  5:16:51 PM  Show Profile
Beth: I use my "farmgirl language" during those times...it's not pretty but no one is usually within earshot...yeah, I know God hears but he knows me anyhow whether I curse in public or not.

Jami in WA

quote:
Originally posted by Marybeth

I made a comment earlier but now I know I am a farm girl---I been out fixing fence since my last post and then I noticed the ponies were where they shouldn't be. they pushed through a gate and tore down the fence. It was just me and the fence thinking not too kind thoughts about them rascally ponies. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Okay, so now I have a blog. http://woolyinwashington.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2008 :  5:50:42 PM  Show Profile
You girls have said it all. Here's a few of mine, might be repeats but with my spin on it.

I know I'm a farmgirl when:
1. I have my fellow choir member in the row above me picking alfalfa out of my hair on Sunday morning in church while we're singing.

2. Going to "take a peek at the garden" is a 3-hour stay.

3. I smell like a baby lamb all spring...but all of my town friends have no clue what "that" smell is!

#3 leads to doing lots of laundry so #4 is: hanging clothes on the line--ever since I stopped using the dryer I love to do laundry...weird.

5. Leaning into my horses neck on a hot day and breathing in the smell of horse sweat as a sweet perfume.

I could go on all day but I'll stop so I can go take a peek at the garden...see ya.
Jami in WA

Go to Top of Page

elphie0503
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Samantha
Gilmer Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2008 :  5:57:52 PM  Show Profile  Send elphie0503 an AOL message
I have another one...

...You know you are a farmgirl when you are willing to sit down in your garden and pick fungus off of your squash, then wash them, then gently tie back the leaves with the old panty hose you dont use anymore because you quit that bank job to move to the country.

Samantha

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort~~Albright

Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2008 :  6:22:57 PM  Show Profile
Well, I don't know about this one...but you might be a high stylin' farmgirl if you tied up last years tomatoes with an unused pair of fishnet hose :)...Samantha's post reminded me!!!

You might be a farmgirl if, after sharing your bounty with the neighbors, tonight's dinner consisted of potatoes from the garden, seasoned with onions and garlic scapes from your garden, and fresh English peas...from your garden. Ground turkey burgers made from a local organic farm, seasoned with your own herbs..

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2008 :  7:08:17 PM  Show Profile
You might be a farmgirl if…people know of you or call you by "dances with chickens" Yes, it really has been one of my nicknames..LOL I think chickens are super cool creatures.

Stephanie
www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com ~~~Personal Musings
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.blogspot.com Fabric Blog
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com ~~~~~My Website
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2008 :  06:14:03 AM  Show Profile
Stephanie... I never could understand some people and chickens... my bf has conversations with his flock of the critters... LOL They always just look me up and down like they're trying to decide if I'm edible. Much more of a duck/goose person personally.

Anywho...

Ya might be a farmgirl if:

The old wooden drawers in the kitchen that are covered in lead based paint and squeak and stick make you feel happy cuz they're ""original"" to your bungalow and SO farmgirly... *rofl* That's my latest and greatest!

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2008 :  10:18:16 AM  Show Profile
Jodi, that's so true..the chickens do give you a good once over to decide how they should approach the situation...yep, weather they should eat you or not! That's hilarious I'm good at talking "chicken language" I guess.

Stephanie
www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com ~~~Personal Musings
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.blogspot.com Fabric Blog
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com ~~~~~My Website
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2008 :  11:31:44 AM  Show Profile
Might be a farmgirl if:

Your toolbox (i.e., my "trunk" for my pickup) is stocked with baling twine and blue tarps. I find baling twine more useful than duct tape!

Jami in WA

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2008 :  12:15:34 PM  Show Profile
Reading this thread reminded me of a commercial on TV that I have seen several times. I do not even know the product it is advertising, but there is a rancher/farmer on it (you never see his face, only his hands.....working hands for sure).

He is talking in the background, and he says "these hands may be dirty, but my conscience is clean....then he says "these hands have never turned the pages of a Swedish furniture catalogue" That always cracks me up!

Now I know that farmgirls DO like catalogues (I do anyway), but I just think that is a neat commercial.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Jun 17 2008 12:19:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2008 :  1:52:05 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I have a new one.
I may be a farmgirl because I carry a spare "emergency" crochet hook in the bottom of my purse. Yes, many times I have stopped to get a new fresh skein of yarn or grabbed one on the way out the door and use my hook for "emergency crochet". When I have to wait somewhere time flies if I have needlework to do.
:-)
People ask me what I am making and sometimes I have to say I don't know...just started it...don't know what it is yet. :-)

Sometimes I carry extra knitting needles, but not as often. :-}

"NEVER underestimate the power of a woman."
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2008 :  2:22:55 PM  Show Profile
yarnmamma, those knitting needles double-duty as self-defense weapons and guess you could hook someone's nose good with that crochet hook! You go, girl.

That Swedish furniture catalog statement is a crack-up.

Jami in WA

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2008 :  6:25:31 PM  Show Profile
Jami - your blog is awesome! Good job!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2008 :  7:11:56 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
YOU might be a farmgirl if:
Your husband gives you 17 leads of fill dirt for your anniversary and you couldnt have beeen more thrilled!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2008 :  7:55:19 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
yep---we love dirt!

"NEVER underestimate the power of a woman."
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2878 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2878 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2008 :  8:27:03 PM  Show Profile
Jonni!! We had scapes tonight too!! Yummy!! Along with organic chicken legs seasoned & grilled on my panini with a salad of lettuce from Ripley Framers Market with balsamic & EVOO
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2008 :  07:37:26 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Jeannie--it's kind of like me...a work in progress. I am just learning how to do this stuff and am on a big learning curve. I'd love to link other farmgirl blogs to mine if you'll allow it.
Jami in WA

quote:
Originally posted by jpbluesky

Jami - your blog is awesome! Good job!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

Go to Top of Page

Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  05:42:05 AM  Show Profile
I'm resurrecting a post from the past....

You might be a farmgirl if..... You find a chicken acting as a hood ornament on the car that happened to be left outside of the garage for the night. Apparently, our chicks haven't learned their boundaries yet!

Ann
Forrester Farm
www.forresterfarm.com
(site, blog & etsy shop)
Go to Top of Page

MEWolf
True Blue Farmgirl

358 Posts

Margaret
Byers Colorado
USA
358 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  08:10:39 AM  Show Profile
You might be a farmgirl if you love the feel of a warm, fuzzy muzzle on blowing in your ear on a very cold morning.

Margaret

“Kind hearts are the gardens, kind thoughts are the roots, kind words are the flowers, kind deeds are the fruits. Take care of your garden and keep out the weeds, fill it with sunshine, kind words and kind deeds.” ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1808-1882)
Farmgirl #3020
www.grey-wolf-farm.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  08:17:24 AM  Show Profile
You might be a farmgirl if you asked your sweetie for early seed orders and a gift certificate (home-made) for baby chicks for Christmas ;)

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
http://thegimpyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/annikaloveshats/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

BusyBeeMary
True Blue Farmgirl

178 Posts

Mary
Nampa Idaho
178 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  4:56:42 PM  Show Profile  Send BusyBeeMary a Yahoo! Message
You may be a farmgirl if you dream at night about harvesting your veges and worry that the chickens aren't warm enough in the chicken coop during the winter.

To Live a Full life one must LOVE MANY THINGS- Vincent Van Gogh

Mary Fitzpatrick
http//www.Thepurplecrazylady.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

windswept
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

dawn
youngsville new york
USA
19 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  6:08:08 PM  Show Profile
You know your a FARMGIRL....You would rather go to the farm store then the mall
Your more comfortable talking to animals then people
Your favorite pairs of shoes are workboots
You have your own tools....and know how to use them!!

liven the life I love!
Go to Top of Page

heritagehunter
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Julie
La Salle Co
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  6:09:38 PM  Show Profile
You might be a farmgirl if your old flannel nightgown becomes your new hair curlers.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Across the Fence: Previous Topic You Might Be A Farmgirl If - Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page