Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  6:18:42 PM  Show Profile
You might be a farmgirl if you are standing at a fence corner joined by two gates, your hubby yells at you to open the gate and you know which one he means!!

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com
www.Oklahomapastrycloth.com/blog
The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19
Go to Top of Page

hoosiercountry
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

karla
north port fl
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  6:51:34 PM  Show Profile
You might be a farmgirl if your idea of going to group therapy is sitting in the barn talking with the chickens and barn cats, and it helps.
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  7:34:36 PM  Show Profile
if you read Mary Jane's Farm

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

hoosiercountry
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

karla
north port fl
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  8:24:14 PM  Show Profile
You might be a farmgirl if driving down the road,you pass a pig farm and get a whiff of the aroma then think "smells like money."
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2011 :  03:14:11 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
So glad ya bumped this up!

I read the whole thing all over.

LoL

Linda in Scranton, PA
Farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2011 :  12:10:57 PM  Show Profile
You might be a farmgirl if: You don't have your own farm (yet) so you go talk to the neighbor's cows instead.

(I love the curly little tawny cow on his spread...)

Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2011 :  12:33:50 PM  Show Profile
Its threads like this that make me wish MJF had a "Like" button. These are great.

You know you're a farmgirl when you have more flannel shirts than any other kind.

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2011 :  1:06:36 PM  Show Profile
Tea Lady I thought the same thing about the like button! Especially the flannel nightgown being turned into curlers! I giggled out loud, sitting all alone in my office.

Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX
Go to Top of Page

Relientkrazy
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Connie Jo
Portland OR
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2011 :  11:07:34 PM  Show Profile
I think I might be a farmgirl (even though it has been 35 years since I have lived on a farm) because I am so excited to know that there are other women out there who have asked for, and have received, dirt for a present! My loving hubby gave me dirt for our anniversay one year! I LOVED IT!

Connie Jo
Farmgirl 3640
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2011 :  3:06:00 PM  Show Profile
You might be a farmgirl if; you go to the coop instead of the store to get your morning eggs.
Your on a first name bases with your feedstore owner & workers
You get horse poo for a gift from your hubby for Mothers Day & can't wait to gt it in the garden
you spit clean a fresh veggie out of he garden & eat it while there
Feel like you hit the jackpot getting gift certificates for framing/gardening things
Wear dirt as make-up & animal odors as perfume
Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2011 :  4:01:21 PM  Show Profile
You're a farmgirl when you always find yourself outdoors wearing your hubby's Carhart jacket, there's a room in your house with baby barnyard animals in it and your desktop looks like this.

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated." ~Gandhi
http://silvermoonfarm.blogspot.com/
"After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.” ~Will Rogers

Edited by - Dusky Beauty on Nov 19 2011 4:04:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2011 :  02:25:26 AM  Show Profile
Oh Jen I just got over to your blog...you are too funny...the can you eat duck eggs one cracked (lol) me up.....you definitely have a great imagination & I love the way you write...Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2011 :  09:45:54 AM  Show Profile
You like the smell of natural bailing twine (not the colored plastic stuff)

Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2011 :  09:51:44 AM  Show Profile
You go happy- crazy over the feed store's "ultra premium super fine" pine shavings and wait them out until they can get a new order becasue NOW, even though they cost a bit more, nothing else will do
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2011 :  09:58:52 AM  Show Profile
ok......one more, then I'm done maybe

You know you might be a farmgirl if: you can count on one hand the number of times you have ever purchased a processed meal for your family (that really wasn't all that good anyway) and I';m not talking frozen pizza

--becasue it's sceond naure to make all your meals from scratch ...no matter how tired you are, 'casue that's what you learned
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2011 :  11:46:15 AM  Show Profile
Amen to that! One of our friends CONSTANTLY asks me why I'm always in the kitchen, and I kind of feel offended by that some times, like I shouldn't be taking care of things. But I just quietly tell him "Because it's what I am supposed to do!" and he just looks at me, confused.

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.tawnycow.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2011 :  12:38:28 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Wearing one of my favorite aprons to a friends house.
When I get there she says "I have got to get one". I said this was handmade for me by a farmgirl friend. I made one for her and we swapped.
My friend gave me a blank look like she had no idea what I was talkin about.

Linda in Scranton, PA
Farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2011 :  7:50:11 PM  Show Profile
I knew I was a farmgirl when I went to the post office with a bunch of packages in arm-- the postal clerk asked if I had an ebay business. I said "nope, just shipping out some barters!"

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated." ~Gandhi
http://silvermoonfarm.blogspot.com/
"After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.” ~Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2011 :  07:11:56 AM  Show Profile
HA HA HA! That would be me some days!

quote:
Originally posted by Mumof3

You put a chair in the chicken yard so you can talk to the girls. :)

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
www.madrekarin.etsy.com

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2011 :  08:27:12 AM  Show Profile
Oh Lord, the more I read the posts in the various forums, the more I want chickens!! My great grandma raised chickens to get a lil extra money from the eggs. One day, my great grandpa came across the money and great grandma Julia caught him. She was a quiet woman, till that happened.

"You'd better put that back, Mr. Priss!" she declared.

I so want to get another apron finished to wear to my sister in law's family's house for Thanksgiving. I'll just use the excuse that I forgot to take it off when I was baking the pies, if anyone says anything :) Though, I have a feeling I might also drum up business that way, knowing Nettie's clan! LOL

New thought: You might be a farmgirl if, your Old Man looks at your boots, tells you that you need 'em resoled and your response is "Huh? Already?? I just got these.... um... which ones am I wearin', anyway?"

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

rubyleesmom
Zapped Profile

190 Posts

190 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2011 :  08:47:45 AM  Show Profile
Lol.. you guys are so funny :) Jen - I especially got a chuckle out of your post because although my hubby doesnt own a carhart jacket, I have laid claim to all 4 of his hooded sweat jackets (and his flip flops), and there are eggs in the incubator in my sewing room as we speak! I finally knew I really was a farmgirl when I was our last family gathering...my sister in law handed me a bag and when I asked what was in it, she said her momma saw this and said she had to get it for me...it was a beautiful white apron with blue roses on it! So happy she thought "farmgirl" when she thought of me!

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne
Go to Top of Page

Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2011 :  03:35:33 AM  Show Profile
These were great to read. I want a like button too! The pig farm = smell of money just made me laugh! Perspective, perspective!

Ann
Forrester Farm
www.forresterfarm.com
(site, blog & etsy shop)
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2011 :  07:42:35 AM  Show Profile
Oil and natural gas always smelled like money to us, haha! There's a LOT of natural gas in a little town called Lulling, about an hour from where I live. You drive through and every single yard has a little pump in it. Some of the larger yards have three to five. All of them are painted and personalized. One of them looks like an Orca swimming through the yard!

'Nother thought: You might be a farmgirl if thunderstorms mean baking, sewing, and trying to convince the cat you don't need her help to do either one.

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2011 :  10:56:05 AM  Show Profile
You know you're a farmgirl when a friend you haven't see in a while asks if you've been to the gym and that you're looking great. You get that sly smile on your face and say no, I've been out in the field haying, raking blueberries, filling the cellar with wood for the winter (you fill in the blank).

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

alterationsbyemily
True Blue Farmgirl

686 Posts

Emily
Thomasville PA
USA
686 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  11:24:29 AM  Show Profile
You know when you are a farmgirl when you take a picture of something in a store to make it for a merit badge.

---
Farmgirl #2951
No longer renting, offical farmgirl.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Across the Fence: Previous Topic You Might Be A Farmgirl If - Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page