True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2005 :  10:44:00 AM  Show Profile
Missy,

Isn't it weird! So many of us like the same things, but we are each very different and unique. I love reading about everyone. It reminds me that the simple things are the best things.

Debbie

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2005 :  10:26:24 AM  Show Profile
You girls make my heart dance!

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

KJD
True Blue Farmgirl

402 Posts

402 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2005 :  5:03:50 PM  Show Profile
jpbluesky: except for grandkids - you and I are twins! I'll come up with my own list soon...
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2005 :  9:47:37 PM  Show Profile
:)]

I AM CRAZY ABOUT... LIFE AND ALL IT'S WONDERS! THE JOY OF EACH DAY (AND NIGHT!) AND ESPECIALLY ... MY FAMILY!

I ALWAYS... HAVE A CHEERFUL HEART

I NEVER TIRE OF... HEARING THE LAUGHTER AND VOICES OF MY HUSBAND, CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN.

I CAN CONSUME... (ARE WE TALKING 'EATING' HERE?) I 'CONSUME' THE EXCITEMENT OF EACH NEW DAY!

I WEAR... FUNKY, GYPSY, HIPPIE, COSTUME CLOTHES

I LIKE... MY FRIENDS (OLDE AND NEW) .. A LOT!

I LOVE TO... SNUGGLE WITH MY HANDSOME HONEY HUNK HUSBAND HANK!

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS... MY POSITIVE OUTLOOK ON LIFE .. (I'M FUN!) (OH .. AND DID I MENTION .. MODEST?)

There you go. Looking forward to getting to know you better.

farmgirl hugs,
kim[/green]

"Faith shall finish all that Hope begins."

joan walsh anglund
[/quote]
Go to Top of Page

ByHzGrace
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

348 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2005 :  09:46:14 AM  Show Profile
Hey Missy
Is that Doris Day movie have James Garner in it? It sounds like The Thrill of it All.I think I liked her with Rock hubbahubbahudson.Do you remember the one with Frank? I remember most of them by the songs. Ready, Willing and Able was in this one it was somethin somethin Heart? Anywho my fav with Rock had to be Pillows Talk.
They do make movies like this. Right off the top of my head is Cheaper by the Dozen? what about those ones with witherspoon and Harvard?
Have you seen Elizabethtown?
Melissa
Thanks ((buddy)).Takes a squirrel to talk to the nuts.
Marlene
do you have preference like in the the bluegrass world to the bango or fiddlers or cloggers?
are you old enough to remember denver on the smothers brothers show?
now why don't they do that kind of tv i might turn one on!
blueroses
it isn't worrying when it is something in yer future.aren't you just bein a planner? plannin out every continentgency.
how do like your clams? i just dug me out a coolers worth this morn.they will wash themselves out and i'll split em and put them on the coals with a dab of bacon for tonight's apps.
Diane my priestess of tacooma
You can call me Ellen of the swamps as long as it isn't Ellen from the BOg of Eternal stench
maybe we should ride the wings of yer hawk to the outpost to bird? I do have egrets, white, blue/grey,and auburn.What about you? I'm feeling a lot like Christmas been doin CMAS decorations prep all week.I miss that magic moment when our stores waited until Black Friday after Turkey day to pull cmas out of the box.We be installin next week ifn the storms leave us windows to dress. We got mechanical flamingos with lights! That's sorta halloweenish.

Karin
I'll keep your sisters in my stormin Wilma prayers. Sneaking off on Saturday sounds like heavenly spy work!
Jpblueskyand her twin KJD
do you have windchimes on all sides of your house? or just on one side?what makes the best sounding song?
Welcome to the farmgirlsboard Frannie
I like your consumptions! I wake up happy and running in high gear!Now about this costume clothing is that like derby day hats,antebellum hoop skirts,victorian corsets/nickers,cocktail dresses of the 50's, gogo boots??
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2005 :  10:59:05 AM  Show Profile
Ellen-I haven't seen Elizabethtown, but I really want to. Looks like my kind of movie! If we lived close, we could go see it together

I think you are right about the name of the movie and I LOVE pillow talk. Was on Turner Classics(one of my favorite channels) just recently.

Blessings,

Missy

If you have a dream, even if you don't feel qualified to accomplish it, just try your hardest.-Maggie Jensen
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2005 :  2:59:50 PM  Show Profile
I'm crazy about: family, firends, and getting them over for a fun time together..

I always: try to see the glass as 1/2 full rather than the opposite.

I never tire of : Reading good books; having my grown children seeking me out to talk something over witht me; nature, laughter, having roots after traveling and living in many places.

I can comsume: to much of everything !!

I wear : comfortable clothes that don't wear me

I like: rainy nights with a good book to read; running into friends and having a quick chance to catch up: the first crisp autumn cool snap.

I love : Life on life terms, traveling, taking the time to be grateful for what has been gererously given to me..

The best thing about me is: you have to prove to me that you are NOT a likeable person...because I like people .
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2005 :  5:18:56 PM  Show Profile
Okay, I'm in ..

AM CRAZY ABOUT art, gardening and good food.

I ALWAYS overdo whether it is working in the yard or cleaning house, I go on much longer then my body likes. I feel I can't rest till the job is done.

I NEVER TIRE OF going to the beach, fixing up old furniture or working in my garden.

I CAN CONSUME books by the carload, good ice cream and wonderful coffee.

I WEAR jeans, slacks and comfortable tops. Small amount of jewelry and no makeup.

I LIKE old movies, making cookies on rainy days and ice cream - all kinds (did I already mention ice cream ).

I LOVE TO watch the birds in my yard as they hop from bush to bush, play with the kitties and listen to my husband sing in the shower (nice deep voice I might add).

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS I am a good dependable friend. If I say I'll be there, I'll be there! I'm highly organized, which could be good or bad, depending on how you look at it. I am loyal to my husband and have never thought to go a stray. I would never hurt an animal, not in anger or any other way - they look to us to protect them.

Anne

"Second star to the right, straight on till morning" Peter Pan
Go to Top of Page

KJD
True Blue Farmgirl

402 Posts

402 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2005 :  5:41:02 PM  Show Profile
Ellen: Doris Day + Frank Sinatra = Young at Heart - I have it! Also have The Thrill of it All. Preferred Rock Hudson movies are Magnificent Obsession, All that Heaven Allows and Man's Favorite Sport. I still haven't made my list for this topic!
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2005 :  7:43:02 PM  Show Profile
Another Rock and Doris fan here!!!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2005 :  7:44:23 PM  Show Profile
My fave "All That Heaven Allows" and clothing wise OVERALLS!

farmgirl@heart

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2005 :  9:09:48 PM  Show Profile
Kim, I am a Rock fan too... did you ever see This Earth is Mine? Overalls ROCK!!!

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2005 :  06:48:53 AM  Show Profile
Have not seen that one. I'll have ot look for it!

farmgirl@heart

Go to Top of Page

KJD
True Blue Farmgirl

402 Posts

402 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2005 :  3:11:49 PM  Show Profile
Is that one where the family owned a vineyard? I vaguely remember it - need to find and see again!
Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2005 :  12:14:15 PM  Show Profile
Hello to you all,

It has been so-o-o-o long, it feels as if I'm starting over again. Although I am seeing a lot of familiar names and that's refreshing. Since I have been gone for so long this seemed like a great place to start again. I like this little questionnaire. I've done similar ones, but this one allows room for truly getting to know one another versus just filling in the blanks with one or two words. So here it goes, I'm looking forward to getting back into the circle of Farm Girl Friends.

I AM CRAZY ABOUT:
I ALWAYS:

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2005 :  12:21:49 PM  Show Profile
Welcome back Lynda...missed ya! Hope all is well with you!
KJD..Yes, This Earth is Mine starring Claude Rains, Jean Simmons and Rock Hudson is about a California wine family. Kind of Falcon Crest meets Peyton Place...50's style but very entertaining.

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.

Edited by - MeadowLark on Oct 24 2005 12:26:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2005 :  1:53:31 PM  Show Profile
oOPS! I accidentally hit a button I shouldn't have. Let's try this again....

I AM CRAZY ABOUT: fresh garden pickin's, tomato and cheese sandwiches, chips and salsa, taking pictures of my family, Cardinal baseball, mail art projects, stamping cards and gifts, making homemade gifts, baking for others, selling Pampered Chef, watching the change of seasons - my favorites are fall & spring, the holidays and birthdays.

I ALWAYS: pray before my meals, hug and kiss my family, say I love you when we part, wear my seatbelt, thank God for my blessings, send Christmas cards, make homemade vegetable soup, light candles, keep in touch with my friends, listen to music, take a shower (had to throw that one in there), look forward to going home after working in the office and keep our dream alive of moving to the farm.

I NEVER TIRE OF: loving my whole family; I have a loving, devoted husband, 4 wonderful adult children (3S, 1D), twin 21-month old grandsons and one more on the way; I am blessed to have both of my parents still with me along with my 7 siblings and numerous nieces and nephews, plus my extended family of in-laws, aunts & uncles & cousins; learning what the Bible has to teach me; hearing what's going on in all of your lives and learning from all of your experiences and wisdom.

I CAN CONSUME: much more than I should and my favorite things would be; peanut butter, ice cream - just about any flavor any time of the day - yes, breakfast, too, homemade bread and veggie soup, chocolate(we should all have a chocolate festival!), iced & hot tea, and more salad than a rabbit.

I WEAR: big loose shape-less comfortable clothing when I'm at home. I have to dress up a bit to work in the office, so then I usually wear dress slacks and a blouse/top with flats or slip-on shoes. I do like to wear jackets or cardigans. I do wear make-up if I have time to put it on in the morning and I wear simple jewelry; a cross necklace and a pair of earrings. When I wear a jacket I like to have a pin on the lapel. If we are going somewhere more casual, I have found a pair of stretchy jeans that I like, I'll wear them occasionally. I don't mind getting dressed up once in a while, it feels really special, as long as my husband does the same and we go somewhere.

I LIKE: going to church with my husband, listening to bluegrass music, watching our grandsons play and talk together, going to garage sales & the fabric store, collecting dishes, taking pictures of barns, helping others in whatever way I can, being a good friend, sending and receiving mailart (it's such an upper for any day), hearing from each of our children each week, supporting them in their endeavors, planning for our future of moving to the farm, running a home business, and on and on and on.

I LOVE TO: sew aprons and wear them, fix good home-cooked meals for a large crowd, be hospitable to anyone who comes through my front door, have my family back home for visits, spend time with our grandsons, go back home to the farm, open the windows and let the fresh air blow in, hang laundry on the line, sit in quiet time talking to the Lord.

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME: I'm caring and compassionate, willing to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and I'm helpful, I love to welcome people into my home and love to meet new people.

NEEDS IMPROVEMENTS: my punctuality, prayer life, organizational skills and our finances.

That should at least give you a pretty good idea about me, I'm sure there is more I could tell, but most of it is mirrored by everything everyone else has said, too. We are truly sisters at heart, with a love for the land and simple ways of living. I can't wait to be more active again with my country girls.

It is so, so, so good to talk with you all again. God bless you all with His goodness and mercy every day in every way.

In His hands,
Lynda

Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2005 :  4:18:20 PM  Show Profile
Welcome back fellow Missouri girl!! Hope your dream of living on the farm comes true soon!

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2005 :  07:32:56 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, it's truly good to be back. I love hearing from everyone and learning from your wisdom and advise, being cheered by your stories and heart-warming inspriations, and being motivated by your love and encouragments. Keep the farm girl spirit alive and well and in your hearts.

Here's something I saw on the way to work on a church sign. It doesn't really go anywhere particular on the forum, so pass it along as it seem appropriate:

Apire to Inspire before you Expire.

It's so simple, yet so wonderful and it makes so much sense. And it reminds me of everyone connected to MJF. That's part of what we do. Have yourselves a wonderfully blessed day and thank you for being a blessing in my life.

In His hands,
Lynda

Go to Top of Page

onequiltychick
Farmgirl in Training

28 Posts

Kelly
Fairfield WA
USA
28 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2005 :  12:19:37 PM  Show Profile
Hello! I'm a rookie and thought this would be a fun place to start! Here goes...

I AM CRAZY ABOUT...
...my husband – he's added color to my life for 25 years
...my pets – they amaze me every day
...quilting

I ALWAYS...
...say "God Bless that critter" when I see a dead animal on the road
...kiss each of my three dogs good night and tell them I love them
...start the day with a tall Diet Coke on ice

I NEVER TIRE OF...
...looking around in quilt and antique shops
...dreaming about my next quilting project

I CAN CONSUME...
...a good hamburger anytime of the day or night
...popcorn, popcorn, popcorn

I WEAR...
...vests, jeans, wool sweaters
...socks and flannel pj's to bed – 11 months of the year
...black leather riding gear

I LIKE...
...to laugh
...being at home
...taking a bath in the morning
...to cook
...old pottery bowls
...the color green

I LOVE TO...
...spend time with my husband and my dogs
...ride my Harley

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS...
...I love being me!
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2005 :  2:45:22 PM  Show Profile
Lydna, I love it, so true!!!

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

Hilltophomesteader
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Pam
WA
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2005 :  3:19:35 PM  Show Profile
Ok, I'm anxious to do this too!!! I'm going to answer mine BEFORE I read all yours! Here goes:
I'm crazy about: My wonderful husband of almost 26 years...he LOVES it when I quilt or can stuff and all I have to do is say...I need more quilting supplies or fabric and he's all for it!!!
I always: start a bazillion projects EVERYWHERE; in the house, out of the house, in the greenhouse, quilts, gardens, new animals!!!
I never tire of: serving the Lord! He has blessed us to the max! Some day I'll tell about my husband's brain cancer and recovery!
I can consume: coffee and dessert (especially if it's chocolate!) just about any old time!
I wear: jeans and button up shirts, warm woolly sox and a pigtail in my skinny brown hair! Red is my favorite color!
I like: Hall pottery, solid oak antique furniture, red kitchen stuff, good books, leather shoes, milk cows, my dachshunds, living in the sticks, being 'different', and hot cocoa!
I love to: spend time with my kids (1 son, 2 daughters). They are TERRIFIC (ages 20, 16, 23) and smart and fun; and my mom who lives with us and does...(are you ready for this?) ALL the laundry and dishes because SHE WANTS TO!!!!!
The best thing about me is: not about me! It's this great farm the Lord has blessed us with and we love to bless others with it too! Come on over and have a cuppa coffee by the cookstove!!!! We'll wander around and visit the goats, pygmies, mini-donks, rabbits, milk cow, greenhouse, everything!
Now I've got to get back to reading all of YOUR answers!!!

"As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2005 :  3:33:10 PM  Show Profile
I AM CRAZY ABOUT... LIFE!!!! MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS .. MY HANDSOME HONEY HUNK HUSBAND HANK .. BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTERS AND PRECIOUS GRANDCHILDREN ... CABIN CREEK FARM, KENTUCKY

I ALWAYS... WAKE UP CHEERFUL .. THINK AND LIVE HAPPY!

I NEVER TIRE OF... HUGS AND KISSES

I CAN CONSUME... LIFE!!!!!!!

I WEAR... FUNKY, GYPSY CLOTHES

I LIKE... WALKS IN THE WOODS ... A HOT CUP OF COFFEE AND CONVERSATION ON THE PORCH WITH MY HONEY JUST AFTER THE SUN RISES.
BEING WITH MY CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN ... BEING CREATIVE ... BEING INVOLVED IN MY COMMUNITY.

I LOVE TO... MAKE 'MEMORIES' WITH MYSELF, MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS.

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS... I AM A 'TRUE FRIEND' A LOVING WIFE, MOM AND GRAMMIE!
Go to Top of Page

Hilltophomesteader
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Pam
WA
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2005 :  3:58:55 PM  Show Profile
After reading all of you...I LOVE you! What a fun day it would be to gather together, potluck a lunch and just gab!! I have to add to my list now:
I LOVE homemade marshmallows, PESTO, diamond earrings with my jeans, praying first thing when I wake up or while I'm milking my goats or cow. I wear an apron over whatever I'm wearing, even if it looks really tacky! Cottage cheese is great with pineapple OR with onions and black pepper!
I don't TOUCH nylons, hose, pantyhose WHATEVER you want to call them, unless I have to go to a funeral or wedding :-) I don't really like ice cream and I can't stand anything carbonated. My teeth are crooked but I have a big smile. My husband thinks I'm gorgeous (did I mention that I LOVE that guy?) but then he's biased!!!! We laugh every time we remember that when we were young and engaged, his neighbor said we were perfect for each other because neither one of us was very good looking!!! She was wrong - he is beautiful! I'm off to fry smoked pork chops for dinner and then I've got to go collect eggs! WOW. I feel like I just landed in OZ and EVERYBODY IS A MUNCHKIN LIKE ME!!

"As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

60 Posts

Tammy
Port Orford Oregon
60 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2005 :  4:58:39 PM  Show Profile
Ellen,

Sorry I just got back in town last week so I am catching up.

We put 5 seed feeders out for our feathered friends, a couple suet feeders and a couple hummingbird feeders. It's so wonderful spending the mornings with the birds.

Bald eagles, now that would be a sight. I have to drive about 60 miles to see them nesting around here.

I really enjoyed this topic, thank you for the great way to get to know everyone.

When I feel spring coming I have to plant or I’ll go crazy!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Getting to know you better Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page