Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2005 :  08:27:26 AM  Show Profile
I AM CRAZY ABOUT...my kids, my sweetie, my chickens, my enamalware collection,visiting Ireland and Scotland,having friends around a bonfire, all of my fabric finery and notions

I ALWAYS...get up around 4:30 and fire up my tea kettle before anything else, make a list of my projects for the day (they rarely all get finished),greet my "gals" at the coop at dawn.

I NEVER TIRE OF...starting a fire in the woodstove or fire pit,dragging my weary bones to bed at night knowing how how much I accomplished during the day, seeing my kids come home,turning over good soil in the spring and seeing worms,the sounds of goldfinches and chickadees, a hen announcing her egg,listening to old Neil Young songs,looking for the moon,being at the beach,starting a new sewing project, handsewing a binding on a quilt,hanging laundry on the line, sweeping the floor with a broom,planting seeds and getting my knees and hands dirty, feeding my family,slow Sundays,the unconditional companionship of a dear dog

I CAN CONSUME...too much goat cheese, good crusty bread, imported olives, garden tomatoes and my sweetie's home brewed beers (there are usually close to twelve varieties to choose from )all organic and preservative free!

I WEAR... girlie T- shirts(standard Tshirts don't fit me right)cotton skirts or dresses and flip flops in the warm months(your basic hippie/bohemian look) and jeans,henley tshirts,silk longjohns, wool sweaters and cowboy boots in the cool months. I love silver jewelery, moonstones and rose quartz, substantial heavyweight silk or wool scarves, and my two Irish woolen shawls that I wear around the campfire one night and out to dinner the next.I don't do sneakers...never have. Flannel & wool sox to sleep when it's cold, skin when it isn't

I LIKE...to cook good meals for one or a crowd, go to sleep or wake up in an uncluttered bedroom, sun dried sheets,farmer's markets, live bluegrass music, to watch the meteor showers in August, putting my feet up with my sweetie on the porch after a long day with a cat in my lap,"makin' bisquits" on my belly

I LOVE TO...take a hot aromatic bath, watch my son play hockey(minus the broken shoulder blade he got last week ),go to a parade or Fair, teach others about common wild plants, coming across a completely unexpected "weed" in my garden and welcoming it to grow for my classes to observe, harvest anything that grows and be thankful for it, find a good treasure anywhere: nature, yard sale, garden, etc.,finish a task WELL (key word, there), have a good laugh with friends,hear that someone LOVED something I made with my hands

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS...I have a big heart,creative free spirit,
and a big lap for my big kids, a good ear to listen or shoulder to cry on and I can whip up fresh eggs for anyone, anytime of day or night!

ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT...I sometimes worry too much and keep it in my gut, I'd like to be more organized and structured in working at home, I'm very easily distracted by something beautiful.
I abhor:laziness, hearing kids being disrespectful to elders in public,impatient,selfish or rude behavior, cell phones at the checkout counter...NOTHING is THAT important.

"If more of us valued good food, cheer and song above hoarded gold,the world would be a merrier place."
J.J.R.Tolkien

Edited by - BlueEggBabe on Oct 06 2005 08:33:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

ByHzGrace
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

348 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2005 :  11:55:37 PM  Show Profile
Diane I love type A's not a bad thing to be because that is like me!!
Jenny in Utah you don't eat macaroni salads?
Jenny in Kansas know the underdog theme song?::: Speed of lightning, roar of thunder
Fighting all who rob or plunder
Underdog. Underdog!:::
Susan I like your motto of going with knowing what is right, when in doubt I bluff! lol
Lynn you see yourself as hard to get to know? No way girlfriend!
Lucinda I'm keeping the lid on my fluff a nutter lunch boxa whole jar?? plain or with cherries? with a spoon or on bread?
Now Jenny Louise can you consume anything like a whole jar of fluff? Wonder what wine goes with that huh? LOL are you far from harbor beach?
Diane of Tacoma my granny was a pinkaholic too! Pink is a power color! Have you seen it with all the browns for fall?
Kitwhat kind of jewelry do you make? I'm looking to find somebody to take my MIL's costumebead stuff and redo so I can give it to my SIL's who didn't want it from her estate as it was. Do you do that kind of stuff?
Julia I like my cup of joe too do you grind your beans? I'm forever waking up the place here do you have that problemo as the early bird?
Bess I wear dr.martins to work too!! But never a turtleneck!! Where do you work? I change mannequins and build props!
bramble a singer!! woohoo! Soprano? Like to do harmonies?
c’mon Kim as the leader of the band you have to play too!!
Julia another singer we are building a choir!! Will you pick the first melody? Sorry bramble I'm partial to the barefooted babes!
Sue I like your shipping and handling charge!! My oldest son woke up one night screaming and he had a *junebug* stuck in his ear! You ever put one on a string and let it fly on a leash?
Now Jan brought up a good question how many call 'em hose how many stockings? I learnt it as nylons. I’m an outsider that does a bunch of dinking around too.Tho I always called it doodling lol.
Arlene I was raised on sarcasm! But then I started out with nothing & still have most of it left. Do you live close enough to the coast that everything rusts like here?
Marlene you are a chef? Do you have the big hat? That is cool. Do you have like a groovy briefcase of knives?
Bobbi I like the loooong novel answer, you made me want the holidays and birthdays too; couldn’t you all feel her excitement? What is your best Johnny five quote? *a can of soup a meal in itself*
AWWWW Tammy another coastal cutie.How many feeders do y'all fill? The migrations are coming strong! Saw the bald eagles were back today trying to lay sticks into last years ratty nest.
Hey Helen in NZ!! is a *sleep in* like a slumber party or is it like sleeping late? I'll keep your secret about the coffee chocolate biscuits and a good book
Sher I start out talking to THE Big Guy in quiet moments of my morning but then it sorta turns into a daylong conversation with Him. Do you make your own kettle corn?
Melissa and her bread dipping has this breadaholic headed out to the kitchen for some of mine own! Who was the unflappable molly brown, no, it was unsinkable MB, did you ever see that movie?
Julia cloning now there is an big topic for farmers? And think how big the choir could be!! You have the first duet.
Diane bountiful blessings on you!!
Michele I like your short sweet style! Would you wear lipstick if you were going swimming at the beach?
Susan I love a fast and furious fire. I don't like to split the logs neither I want em in there whole.
What neil young song is your fav?
::::Well, I dreamed I saw the knights
In armor coming,
Saying something about a queen::::.

You are all (((Queens of the Country)))

Alas to know me better, you have to sing these:::ready:::my key is F#::::
::::crazy mama where you been so long::::
::::always look on the bright side of life::::
::::I’ll tire of bluegrass when there’s bluegrass over me::::
consuming air and brain cells to come up with a lyric here, is it
:::: you get a nickel and I'll get a dime and well get together and drink some wine::::
no wait there's
::::All Consuming Fire burnin me::::
:::I wear my sunglasses at night::::
::::like my biscuits in the oven and my buns in the bed::::
::::love to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony::::
::::Lord, you know it makes me high when you turn your love my way::::
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  01:13:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Ellen, you just amaze me. You have such a big, wide, joyous life with so many things in it most never see..your music, your vernacular, the place you call home,the most off beat and wonderful sense of humor and way of expressing yourself,I am just in awe. Makes me want to move to Florida and wander the swamp with you and learn and soak in your life.My brother lives in Bradenton and he doesn't insPire that feeling in me.Just know you got a fan here, Girl.
PS we call 'em nylons, Nana called 'em hose,feeding birds at 4 stations now it got cold, my Dad used to window dress and I loved helping him..he still does, just in his house, it is something,and we rust up here too!
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  09:57:05 AM  Show Profile
Ellen you crack me up! (LA LA LA LA...)

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  1:20:15 PM  Show Profile
Hey Ellen, I wanna party with you babe! LOVE your style sweetie!!!! You ROCK!!!!!!!

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  2:06:53 PM  Show Profile
Kim,
This is a fun topic. I will make my list and get back to ya. I have already been laughing out loud at the posts and joining in the singing and fun of it.
Fresh hot bread out of the oven with gobbs of sweet real butter soaking in!!! yummy.
Eileen

Songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  2:23:30 PM  Show Profile
Hey Ya Ellen, that was really well written!!! Love ya humor Woman. :)
A "sleep in" is sleeping late.
You can come to my house for a "sleep in". I will eat ya biscuits, but promise to leave ya buns alone :)
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  4:55:31 PM  Show Profile
I AM CRAZY ABOUT...men in cowboy hats & farmers. my doggie Emma, books, farms, and my family

I ALWAYS...try and help people

I NEVER TIRE OF...this forum, old movies, and books/magazines

I CAN CONSUME...tons of pizza & mac n' cheese & plain old cheese, oh! and wine (red)

I WEAR...overalls or sweats

I LIKE...my job believe it or not

I LOVE TO...be on this forum, read, go antiquing

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS...I'm goofy & compassionet (sometimes too much so)

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  4:58:49 PM  Show Profile
Meadowlark, I have to laugh. I too love chili and there is nothing better that the relief of a looooong, well... you know!

farmgirl@heart

Edited by - Kim on Oct 07 2005 5:00:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  5:03:14 PM  Show Profile
Yep, I know.....

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  5:34:12 PM  Show Profile

Kim and Jenny,
Might I suggest some fennel tea?
Works like a charm

"If more of us valued good food, cheer and song above hoarded gold,the world would be a merrier place."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  6:13:36 PM  Show Profile
That would take the fun out of it!!

farmgirl@heart

Edited by - Kim on Oct 07 2005 6:13:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  10:10:09 PM  Show Profile
I'm crazy about my husband and kids

I always try to be loving, compassionate and be a good listener. Thank God frequently for providing for our needs and sometimes treating us to what we want, follow through with what I've started.

I never tire of hugs from my kids,pressing my face into a beautiful bunch of lilacs and breathing in their beautiful scent, girlfriend time, hearing my husband call me beautiful, watering my flowers on quiet summer morning while the kids are still sleeping, a really good bowl of pasta and bread, curiling up under a quilt with a hot cup of tea on a rainy NorthWest day,my daily talks with Mom on the phone, decorating my house.

I can consume a berry smoothie every day and never tire of it. Lots of really cheesy veggie pizza followed with a bowl of ice cream. mmmmmmm.

I wear jeans and layered cotton shirts in the winter and you can't beat a really good cardigan sweater and a really cute pair of leather clogs. Lots of green and earth tones(red head colors!) The same pair of earings every day(unless it's date night).

I like books about pioneer times, gardening, expressing myself through artwork, craft projects with the girls, beautiful North West sunrises and sunsets, treating myself to a long bath with some really nice soaps/ salt scrubs, staying up a little while after everyone goes to bed for a little extra quiet time, old movies(Love Doris Day!), the feeling you get after a hard job well done, to watch my chickens(they are pretty comical), to laugh, make soap, love on my goats, a fresh bouquet of flowers on the table, to hear my husband tell me that I look sexy in my overalls.

I love to worship the Lord, spend time spend time with my kids, go out on dates with my husband, make things for people, make people smile, dream up new experiences to try or places to go with my Mom,
laugh with my girlfriends, design and build things with my own two hands

The best thing about me is that I am a devoted wife, mother and friend. I'll stay by your side through thick and thin, good or bad. I try to be optimistic(sometimes to a fault)

The worst thing about me is that I sometimes have high expectations and I can be very stubborn. I can be kind of fiesty if someone I love has been hurt or when I'm frustrated with my husband.

It's so wonderful to see all the similarities that we share and have a chance to get to know everyone better and learn the little things that might not have been shared otherwise.

Blessings,

Missy

If you have a dream, even if you don't feel qualified to accomplish it, just try your hardest.-Maggie Jensen
Go to Top of Page

RachelLeigh
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

Rachel
Rainier WA
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2005 :  7:39:15 PM  Show Profile
I AM CRAZY ABOUT... my fiance Tim, my dog Kyle, my parents, my brothers, my sister, my niece and nephew - my family is my rock.
I ALWAYS...procrastinate but then come through in the end. I also always try to reflect on the direction God has for my life because He has provided for me in amazing ways.
I NEVER TIRE OF...drives in the country, Christian music, quiet times with Tim...the list goes on forever.
I CAN CONSUME...anything that doesn't contain raw veggies (raw carrots taste like dirt!!) Chocolate goes on all desserts I make and I will put cheese on EVERYTHING! (Except for Pop-Tarts!)
I WEAR...jeans and baggy shirts...no one can say I'm a fashion diva.
I LIKE...books, American history, Longaberger baskets, family, country, MJF magazine and forum, and cool Fall evenings.
I LOVE TO...wake up in the morning and realize that I still have two more hours before the alarm goes off. I don't think I could feel any luckier, even if I won the lottery.
THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS...I'm loyal, I love to make people laugh, I'm very passionate, and I have an infinite amount of hope for the future.
THE WORST THING ABOUT ME IS...I can be a bit too honest, a bit sarcastic, and I talk TOO much!

Everything - from a smile from your beloved to fresh corn on the cob - is a gift from God.

Colliehaven's Farmgirls - southern IN chapter
Go to Top of Page

Kestrel
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Karen
Monmouth OR
USA
9 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2005 :  01:17:31 AM  Show Profile
I AM CRAZY ABOUT...my husband, horses, learning new things

I ALWAYS...have to research something I don't know-- especially since I have access to the internet.

I NEVER TIRE OF...the light on autumn evenings right before dusk when everything looks golden like the whole world is being lit up by some highly-paid hollywood lighting tech-- but it's all natural

I CAN CONSUME... almost anything that includes chocolate

I WEAR...on the farm-- jeans, danner hikers, tee shirts or sweaters; when I have to be professional-- slacks or a long skirt, low heeled loafers or mules, a colored shell and, more often than not, my favorite black suit jacket that is fabulously tailored and hits between my hip and knee-- I think of it as my gun-slinger's coat

I LIKE...almost all animals, bird hunting with my dogs, feeling like I've helped someone, having all the laundry done

I LOVE TO...make baked goods, wake up all cuddled up with my husband, watch thunderstorms

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS...just because I can understand multiple sides of most arguments, doesn't mean I believe everything I'm told. I'd say I'm open minded with a good dash of common sense and ethics.
Go to Top of Page

ByHzGrace
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

348 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2005 :  05:47:56 AM  Show Profile
diane of Tacoma doesn’t that sound like a princess of power? Hey I love you too (((girlfriend!)))The corp office for my dept store is in Bton! Nylons? too does that come from wearing of the garter belts? Hosiery is what we call em at work but making the socks live in there should make it more stockins’?
What kind of displays does your Daddy do? My digs got no reflection of my work. I used to get my boys to help me when I worked for a toy store set playmobildisplays. Do you have a time in the window that send you back to the time of being with Daddy?
Four feeders!! I had more then we had a little sparrow hawk set up on the power wire picking off the fat ones so I went to putting my coconuts more inside the cedars and honeysuckles. I feed the quail,bobwhites, whipperwills and doves on the ground.
Do you have osprey?
Julia
I can name that tune in 4 la’s :::::::::The night they drove old Dixie down, and the bells were ringing.
The night they drove old Dixie down and the people were singing.
They went la la la la la la, la la la la la la la la:::::::::::::
Can the choir name this one?::::BopShooBopShoo::::
Meadowlark wants to party then talks about her stomach percolating
Susan (((Jenny and Kim))) Are the the wind beneath our wings.
Eileen
I can’t wait for your list.
a back under HEY to you Helen
I’ve always been the last to bed the first up I might miss something, sleeping in for me is getting like 4½ hours of sleep.What is sleeping in for you? Will you be up for my 2nd breakkie?
Kim from IL does it matter what color the cowboys hat is?
Rachel the bluegrass babe! No finer place in the world to be then Louavul the first sat in May. Speaking of hats do you have a Derby Hat?
Missy I love Doris Day too, I have a bunch of her old LP’s *Sentimental Journey* is sooo good.What is your fav movie?
I think mine goes with the musicals Calamity Jane especially the song::::I can do it without you::::
Karen And here I was just talking about the kestrel snatchin my birdies to diane. Do you have a gun to birdhunt?
Cmon Kimhandymaiden I'm saving a chair at Jenny and Kim's table for you!!!
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2005 :  10:16:48 AM  Show Profile
I think all Doris Day Movies are my favorite. I can't remember the name, but I love the one where her husband is a doctor and she gets a job doing TV commercials and he ends up jealous and pretends to have an affair to get back at her and they both end up in all sorts of predicaments. Pretty darn cute!!! How come they don't make movies like that anymore?!

Blessings,

Missy

If you have a dream, even if you don't feel qualified to accomplish it, just try your hardest.-Maggie Jensen
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2005 :  10:49:40 AM  Show Profile
I just love this. I'de have to say this is probably the best way to get to know you gals. Ellen, you are just so great you wrap everyone up so well, get humor.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1826 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1826 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2005 :  10:59:31 AM  Show Profile
My name is Marlene B. I am crazy about- my family-husband, son, step-daughters and grandkids
I always - analyze whether to spend money on something or not. I will
walk away and think about it.
I never tire of camping, garage sales, hugs and kisses from family and friends, reading a good book,seeing sunrises and sunsets.
I can consume chai tea love the vanilla, strawberries, ice cream,
puddings, cherry wine from Wisconsin.
I wear- casual slacks and jackets to work- like black and beige,
dress up seldom like dressy slack outfits, love jeans and sweat shirts on the weekends. sweats in the winter.
I like- things with angels on them, bluegrass festivals, 60's music, birthday parties, christmas eve, fall leaves, spring flowers, porch swings, rocking chairs, country lanes, enya and john denver.
I love to - bike and walk in the country, read, travel, meet new friends such as this website.
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2005 :  11:36:20 AM  Show Profile
This is a blast!!

I AM CRAZY ABOUT: My husband, girls & grandbaby. Cowboys, fiddle players & Irishmen. If you're a fiddle playin' cowboy with a brogue - I'm done for! New England in the fall. North Idaho in the summer.

I ALWAYS: Worry about the future (but I'm trying not to), take long walks in the early morning before most people are up, try to be kind to others and laugh.

I NEVER TIRE OF: My sweet husband, the farmers market, working in the garden, being with friends, laughing with my girlfriends.

I CAN CONSUME: Massive amounts of chocolate, lobster, clams, oysters, hot turkey sandwiches (comfort food), Ben & Jerry's NY Super Fudge Chunk.

I WEAR: Have to wear skirts, jackets, pumps, pantyhose to work in office. After work - right into sweats or yoga pants. Weekends - jeans or khakis, comfy shirts, loafers or clogs or boots. Yard work -grubbier the better. Dirt seems to stick to me like glue. For special occasions (anniversary) I like to get really dressy with jewelry and lots of makeup. Red lipstick!!

I LIKE: Singing, dancing, sewing, old movies, reading, crafting, having a garden, having friends (farmgirls) who understand the way we are and why we love the farmgirl life, cooking, baking, eating, exercising (because of the cooking, baking, eating). I like to learn new things. I never want to stop taking classes.

I LOVE TO: Make others laugh, be encouraging to others, go to tea parties, yard sales, thrift stores, check out this website, cook for my kids when they are coming home, cook for anyone, go bowling with my hubby and beat him (sometimes), go out to dinner once in awhile, go to a play, watch a tear jerker movie alone and cry my eyes out!! Read all about you all and see how much we have in common.

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS: That's a tough one. I hope it's that I am loving and kind. I sometimes lose my temper, but I try very hard not to. I'm funny. I have that sarcastic kind of humor too. Not everyone in this small town gets me!! I'M A FARMGIRL!!

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe

Edited by - blueroses on Oct 10 2005 11:53:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2005 :  7:34:32 PM  Show Profile
Debbie! You sound just like me! Even though you said things I didn't, they are things I would have said. This is so fun!!

Blessings,

Missy

Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2005 :  11:33:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Ellen of the swamps..Yes, we have Osprey..there is a lake a block down the road...love watching them fish for their dinner,Bald Eagles & great blue herrons too,towhee's,goldfinches, chickadee,junco's. blue jays,some song sparrows, wood pigeons, mourning doves,sharp shinned hawk,etc. Four feeders soI can see from each side of the house, don't want to miss anything. Do you have Egrets? White or other color?

Always helped Dad do the Christmas window with mechanical elves...one of my favorite memories as I didn't see him often.He worked for every high end store imaginable..Macy's, The Broadway,I. Magnin,to name a few, he did windows and display in those stores. Now he runs the thrift shops for The American Cancer Society.
My grandma whow was born in 1895 raised me, and she always called pantyhose "her nylons" or "her stockings" but when she need to go get more, it was "shopping for hose". Funny phrases from the 40's seem to have stuck with her, that was when she was raising her daughters.
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2005 :  06:37:09 AM  Show Profile
It's nice to see how much we have in common!

I am crazy about- my husband and 3 children (even when they are prickly), yard sales, my dogs, spending time with my sisters (they live in Ohio and Florida), rainy days...
I always- take time to pray, tell my children I love them, make time for a friend.
I never tire of- sunshine, good conversation, classical music, being home.
I can consume- homemade bread, oatmeal cookies and a good book.
I wear- skirts, all the time. My great-grandmother's wedding ring, flip-flops in the summer.
I like- well-loved quilts, a comfy chair, a warm bed, hugs from my children ( at their ages they are far and few between), "yard-saling" with my mom and friends,.
I love to- sneak off in the early hours of Saturday mornings with my husband just to spend time together, do things for others, read the Scriptures, walk in the woods, stand outside to feel a summer breeze, watch a thunderstorm.
The best thing about me is- I look for the good in everything.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2005 :  07:34:02 AM  Show Profile
Just found this topic and loved reading all the posts! You gals just get better and better with time!

As for me, I:
Am crazy about my hubby, daughter and grand-daughter.
I always try to strengthen my faith in God, and learn more about scripture.
I never tire of wine, good books, and being at home.
I can consume a lot of sweet corn on the cob.
I wear comfy clothes of cotton and natural fibers, and hand-made silver jewelry.
I like quilts, baskets, hand-made gifts, good music, a fire in the fireplace, windchimes, watching the birds, hearing my grand-daughter laugh, and just being alive.
I love to go to beautiful, natural places.
The best thing about me is I try to be a peacemaker.
My biggest fault: I am selfish

P.S. And a good-looking cowboy ranks high up on my list of "likes" too!

Edited by - jpbluesky on Oct 11 2005 07:36:24 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Getting to know you better Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page