Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Getting to know you better Next Topic
Page: of 4

ByHzGrace
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

348 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2005 :  07:20:00 AM  Show Profile
MovieMissy wow that would be a hoot. How far from an airport do you live? I’d go to Etown with you too. I have already seen it and it is one of those ones I’d pay to see again.
http://www.elizabethtown.com/home.html?deeplink=claire
unreal=the soundtrack for this movie…NANCY WILSON plays this unforgettable acoustic guitar! WOW all I can say is WOW. I got the CD before I left the mall after the movie! My voice is like patty Griffin’s. when you hear that be's me! Doris was TMC all morning last week before they went into halloween mode,romance in the high seas,my dream is yours,tunnel of love, it happened to Jane, glass bottom boat,midnight lace and the Thrill of it All is on too! I watched Texas Jane Russell in the French Line too anybody remember a Texan does Paris LOL.I love muiscals and dancing on stairs scenes.
Linda what does it mean to live life on life’s terms like to go with the cards that are dealt you?
Anne a beachbum? We can hang ten!
Hey KJD glad the Rock club is expanding you will get to be Treasurer where do I send my dues?All that heavens allows is about LUST and old women LOL yes I want my gardener!! Is man’s fav sport the one with Paula Prentiss and the fishing tournament?
KIM cool another club member KJD will be along with her hand out for the dues. Do you like you popcorn with butter or without? You can’t be old enough for the LUST in old women in All that Heaven allows, can you? Are you attracted to that Thoreau like character of the Rockster? Isn’t it a hoot when her daughter tells her there is nothing worse then an old goat?
Meadowlark I’ve seen The Earth is mIne. Rock rapes a field worker. I like the ones with him with Day because she sings.
Lynda I like pins on blazers too...what is your fav to wear? I have this one that has matching earrings, it is a girl with a flip hair cut, in silver, and her legs and arms have joints that are make it so I be making her arms fly up in the air and on my running around days they be looking like running gals. i call them the lizzies, part of my girl gang.who is the pampered chef? a restaurant?who in bluegrass are you listening to right now?
You can say this again"Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt."
so I did!!
kelly welcome to the board rookie! i'm months old but you are right this is a fun place.what kind of dogs do you have? how long have you had a harley? do your leathers match your hubby's?
pam the brave who types first, i like both set of your answers,praising and bravo for your hubby's recovery, what is in your greenhouse? Wilma knocked ours down.lots of orchids flung to the winds.

yes lets do a potluck!
what IS EVERYBODY bringing?
do you always have one dish you are known for and asked to bring? mine be sweet corn on the cob.

Tammy WOW 5 feeders.do you get woodpeckers with the suet?
When the bald eagles return here we know summer be over. I don't know where they vacation when they vacation duing our hot months I like to imagine them along the cheaspeake.do you think they notice the sun setting earlier in the day and feel the need to wing it back down here?We have one roosting in a snag on this old pine that I call the perfect pine because it is perfectly round and so full at the top, I haven't seen the mate yet, my girlfriend told me she saw one out on the golf course north of us. There have been years when they don't have babies.To watch them dive bomb head first into the lagoon for fish is awesome.We have found fish they have dropped out back. The cats think it is manna from the heavens. My neighbor got a raptor liscense and catches a redhawk every fall and he has trained them then lets them go after a year.
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2005 :  08:05:09 AM  Show Profile
Ellen...High five...You ROCK!!!! Laugh for the day....right here girls!

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

ByHzGrace
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

348 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2005 :  1:23:15 PM  Show Profile
jenny can can can kick the can can we be rockettes?
what are you bringing to the potluck? something from your garden?
we show movies with gardening scenes with dessert? like wizard in oz? tree grows in brooklyn?
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2005 :  1:53:50 PM  Show Profile
Ellen, I will bring my Famous Kickass Kansas Tex-mex Hi Power Chili! Guaranteed to fan the flames of youth and make your insides spin like an F-5 Kansas tornado! For dessert I will offer up my genuine Kansas Dirt Cake...MMMMMMM! BlueEggBabe made my kick### chili for her Halloweem party and she is still recoveringI could see her bonfire burning bright and "blue" on the eastern horizon! What will you be bringing to our potluck sweetie?Oz is much greener and nicer than Kansas!

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

60 Posts

Tammy
Port Orford Oregon
60 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2005 :  2:34:50 PM  Show Profile
That is so cool. I would love to watch them up close for hours (days). Yes we get woodpeckers. We get downy woodpeckers, and the big guys. Pileated woodpeckers. The Pileated are so awesome to watch. They cry out a lot so we know they are there, and the walk the trees like some prehistoric bird. I could spend all day watching the birds.

When I feel spring coming I have to plant or I’ll go crazy!
Go to Top of Page

KJD
True Blue Farmgirl

402 Posts

402 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2005 :  8:20:05 PM  Show Profile
Ellen -
Yes, Man's Favorite Sport is Rock in a fishing tournament and Paula Prentiss is there. He worked for Abercrombie and Fitch back when it was still a sports store. And - I liked Doris in It Happened to Jane, also - only saw it once.
As for potluck - I love cooking much more than baking, but people beg for my chocolate chunk cookies and this chocolate cake I make for birthdays. I prefer my enchiladas and drunken pintos!!
Go to Top of Page

onequiltychick
Farmgirl in Training

28 Posts

Kelly
Fairfield WA
USA
28 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2005 :  1:12:47 PM  Show Profile
This virtual potluck is making me VERY HUNGRY!! My mouth is watering just thinking about all these wonderful dishes!!

Ellen - Thanks for asking about my dogs and my Harley! I love to talk about both!

I have an 8-yr old American Eskimo named Yukon. She's the sweetest little dog I've ever known. I have a black and white Border Collie named Taggart. He will be two years old January 2. He is a classic border collie - high energy, fetch crazy, and you can see into his soul through his beautiful eyes. I also have an 8-month old Australian Shepherd named Rowdy. He is brown with tan markings. He has no interest in playing ball or fetching anything. He is very mellow and loves to take naps. Love the farm dogs!!

Do you have dogs?

I learned how to ride a motorcycle a little over two years ago and bought my own Harley shortly after learning. I enjoyed riding behind my husband on our big bike, but there is nothing like riding my own! Our leathers don't really match - I tend to like things like braid and beaded trim on mine!

Any other motorcycle riders out there? I'd love to hear from you!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Getting to know you better Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page