CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2005 :  6:37:27 PM  Show Profile
Years ago, we lived in Washington, D.C. .. and my husband was an environmental attorney for the U.S. Department of Justice .. he worked with Art Smith who moved to Moscow and became a law professor at the university .. then several years later, we moved to Evergreen then Denver, COLORADO .. my husband played 'rugby' for the Denver Harlequins .. two of his rugby buddies, Craig Lewis and Ron Landeck (both who lived in Denver) moved to Moscow .. Craig became a law professor at the University (his beautiful wife, Cindy became a realtor) .. and Ron is an attorney in town for many years now. We visited them .. and even considered moving there 'in the future' .. but it is just toooooo far away from our daughters and grandchildren .. sooo .. we moved to Kentucky instead. Beautiful country out there. Haven't visited in a few years now .. but plan a trip next year .. and will have to stop by maryjane's farm for sure. One of my fondest remembrances of visiting Moscow was one dark but starry night, we all had a wine and cheese gathering in a cemetary .. just laid back on our blankets and watched shooting stars and told stories.

Small world .. isn't it!

quiltedess
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Nancy
Priest River ID
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2005 :  4:32:04 PM  Show Profile
Yes it is a small world. I just returned from Kentucky with my daughter. We drove for about four days. She "let" me visit a quilt shop in Mitchell, SD (where we saw the famous Corn Palace) and we spent one night at Wall, SD, and visited Wall Drug for a few minutes in the morning before taking off. South Dakota is an amazing place . . . this was my first visit there. I've enjoyed Kentucky and every place in between. I've lived near Moscow, ID, in college when I attended WSU. But I have to say that so far . . . the prettiest country of all is here in fresh, green, Western Washington.
Nancy

http://quiltedprairie.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Moscow, Idaho Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page