Previous Page | Next Page
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic Wanted-Christian Fellowship Next Topic
Page: of 27

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2009 :  05:47:54 AM  Show Profile
Wow, Karen, how awesome that you heard that message right when there was a need for Melanie to hear it! Paul said in Phillippians 4:4-7 "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

God answers prayers. Think of the way that you answer your own children's requests. Sometimes the answer is yes or no or maybe or wait or NEVER! But you do answer them when they ask you something. Paul asked God three times to remove a thorn in his flesh and God replied, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." So He pretty much said no. Not that He couldn't; He didn't.

God can heal. But Karen is right, He isn't some cosmic vending machine. We don't pray to Him like we order fast food at a drive thru and expect to pull around the corner and have it waiting for us. LOL! We pray according to His will, we have faith in His promises and His wisdom for our lives and we believe that "in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28) When we know that all things work for the good of those who love Him, we can rest in His answer.

I want to tell you, I did things my own way and disobeyed God for a long time and all I got for my trouble was pain and sorrow and misery, and I gave Him that broken, pitiful mess of my life and He essentially said, "I'm going to make this work for the good." I don't know how He can do it! That just blows my mind because I have had a convoluted life, but He can do it because "no eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him". So whatever happens with Oliver, I can say God will use it for the good.

Talking about using all things for the good has brought to mind the book The God I Love by Joni Eareckson Tada. Have y'all heard of her? A friend of mine loaned me the book on cd and as I was listening, I was dreading the part where she had the diving accident and was paralyzed. But OH MY GOODNESS, this woman's testimony was so amazing after that! I would drive into the basement in the afternoons while listening to it, just crying, and Lovin' Man would be alarmed and ask what was the matter. All I could do was just shake my head and say, "Oh, it is Joni. God just used her so powerfully."

Kris, about your daughter. Yes, I thought that boredom might have a little to do with it. We will just pray that God will give her a purpose and direction and that she will obey Him and follow Him. I guess that is pretty much the type of prayer that all of our kids and we, ourselves, need. HA!

Farmgirl Sister #554
Go to Top of Page

Tammyb
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Tammy
Bluffton Ohio
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  9:50:53 PM  Show Profile
Love this thread.
I'll keep reading and perhaps post more later.
Tammyb chick #541
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2009 :  05:32:09 AM  Show Profile
Getting Back to Eden

Since I have been spending so much time outside in a variety of wild locales, not just the backyard, I have been contemplating the Garden of Eden and, what feels like to me, that inborn longing to get back to it. It sure must have hurt to be kicked out of that beautiful place, but even there they had to be bothered with snakes. LOL!

And in every place I have been, my joy at being there has been marred by the awareness that snakes are present and I may come across them and be forced to deal with them. This verse comes into my mind, Genesis 3:15 "And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers, he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel."

When I get to see all of the beauty that this world has to offer, even though it is tinged with danger and polluted by man, I gain an even greater appreciation and longing for Heaven where God has prepared things for us beyond our imagination, with no snakes!

Farmgirl Sister #554

http://alabamaheartofdixie.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

CityFarmerMaddie
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

Madison
Tacoma WA
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2009 :  07:32:27 AM  Show Profile
Nikki
It looks like you found a natural swimming place. There are not that many of those left. God is good to have directed you & your family to there to spend the day.
Madison

We are all pumpkin people. Choose which face you carve.
Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2009 :  09:00:29 AM  Show Profile
Wow, talk about being on the same page, and in more ways than one! LOL! I was catching up on the thread after my vacation and when I read your last post, Kris, requesting prayer for Heather, I immediately thought just like Nikki did, that Heather has way too much time on her hands and that maybe an uneventful existence isn't satisfying her right now. Doesn't mean that won't change one day, but I agree, Nikki, that the drama of her previous life and the danger of uncertainty, pushing the envelope even, has left her feeling idle and restless. That's something I never have been able to understand about my cousin, Jennifer. Why is she so repulsed by routine? Why does she seem to crave the unexpected? It would have made no nevermind to me if she didn't have a daughter she was raising. But she did, and we all know how routine is best for a child. Even when I would try to talk Jennifer into living a "normal" life if only for the benefit of her daughter, it still fell on deaf ears. I just couldn't understand such selfishness. BUT, I'm happy to report that last Friday, Jennifer checked into a year long rehab program! I'm asking that all of you will join in agreement with me that she will complete this program the first time around. I know that statistics show that a drug addict will make several attempts at rehab before ever being deemed successful, but God isn't held to any statistics!

And I also thought the same about Oliver. Melanie, I believe in being specific with our prayers with the understanding that they might not be answered exactly as we've asked. I'm in agreement with Karen and Nikki. And I, too, hold that image in my mind of God being the Father I can crawl up in His lap and rest my head on His shoulder to share with Him. That's why we were created. So many people have questioned why man was created to begin with. Well, why do we choose to have children?

Nikki, I am the same way about Getting Back to Eden!! Laugh if will, but I was standing on cliffs in Ireland, feeling like a Bronte' sister with the craggy rock, the intense green of the foliage, and the tumultuous sea before me, and I suddenly had all of these thoughts of praise and thanksgiving to God for the beauty around me and I swear He spoke to me and said, "You ain't seen nothing yet!"

And that's right, sisters! Sure, we love this life with all of it's beauty and heartache that we live every day, but we ain't seen nothing yet!!

~~Cherry~~

http://cherrymedarlin.blogspot.com

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2009 :  10:18:16 AM  Show Profile
Amen, Cherry!!! I totally agree. I know God throws things at us to make us long for our real home. I think this ole world is beautiful but this ain't home. I can't even imagine what it will be like there. And I second the no snake praise, Nikki! Halleluelia for that! I am SO glad there will be no snakes in heaven. Kansas likes to lift rocks and things looking for worms and the other day lifted up one of the big stepping stones and there was a snake under it. Her little friend was here and they start screaming and Heather calls me to come help them. I said what? Me come help you? HAh! So we all stood around wondering what to do. Heather called some friends up the road and the guy came with his little girl with a shovel and hoe. He lifts up the stone and there it is. We're all standing away but still watching. He didn't do anything til it moved then of course we all scream bloody murder and run all over the place. He finally got a good shot and cut it's head off. He put it out in a box on the burn pile and we burned it for good measure. But that's the 2nd snake in a week here. I am seeing them all over now. I hate them.

Cherry, I am so glad she has decided to get help! Good for her. But it's just beginning. Will she be able to have her DD with her there? That seemed to help Heather when she was in treatment centers. It gave her more responsibilty. I will keep her in my thoughts. Keep us updated on her, OK?

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2009 :  04:03:41 AM  Show Profile
I know I don't add as much as you gals here. you are all so well versed. but please know that you have all touched my heart and I look so very forward to reading your words of wisdom.
thank you and bless you all.

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"
farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2009 :  04:52:30 AM  Show Profile
Cherry, funny that you should say that about God saying, "You ain't seen nothin' yet!" Because I feel that way, too. Even using the "ain't" part. LOL! This is the verse that I think about often when I am enjoying nature...Romans 1:19-20 "...since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities - His eternal power and divine nature - have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse."

Standing on the edge of that sea, looking way up to the top of a mountain, feeling the rumbling underfoot of the powerful waterfall in front of you, and flying over the checkerboard green of the planet, those things give me an understanding and appreciation of how big and great and awesome God is. I think, "I am just an insignificant speck on this planet, from up there, God, we all look like little ants. And you want me to love you? You want me to talk to you? You want to bring me into Your fold here and in heaven?" Realizing how important we humans are to God is not something that sparks a bit of pride; it is humbling. Humbling into the dust.

It is so easy to stand inside these four walls and let life's concerns seemingly overshadow God's power, but take it outside, look around, and your faith can grow into the space of the universe! What can He not do?

So Cherry, I am happy to hear that Jennifer will be in the program for a year. It will take all of the time that she will give it. And we will be praying for her! And for Heather to find her purpose. And for Oliver about his eyes. And for Jessie with morning sickness. And for Deborah to recover from gallbladder surgery. And well, the list goes on and on, but God is bigger than that list. He holds it all together in His hands. We can rest in His will.

Farmgirl Sister #554

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2009 :  04:55:08 AM  Show Profile
I love reading this thread too, but often cannot think of anything more to add. I love the post above by Karen talking about prayer. It seems so true to me. Opening my heart and just letting it flow into God's, and praying what comes to my lips and mind is the way I have felt close to Him over the years. Often, there is no one else to talk to, and we know God sees and has full understanding....you do not have to fill Him in on the situation!

I heard once or read it, that a mother's prayers is one of the strongest, because the full weight of our hearts and love are genuinely entwined in the words, and the prayer becomes like a beacon of light going straight to the source who hears....

"And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear." Isaiah 65:24

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2009 :  06:25:07 AM  Show Profile
Unfortunately, Kris, Jen won't be able to have her DD with her. She only had supervised visits with her before. When her DD was taken from her by the courts, we thought Jen would have hit bottom then, but it's been over a year since that happened. Once she's been in the program successfully for 3 weeks, she can have family visits. I truly hope her ex will take their DD to see her. That could only give Jen hope and determination in my mind.

I LOL at your snake encounter! A friend was telling me just yesterday about her DH pulling weeds under their back deck, having to lay on his belly, when he came face-to-face with a rat snake! She said that when he's at the hunt club, it's their practice to call out "SNAKE!" when they come across one to alert the other guys in the camp, so there he was under the deck, yelling at the top of his lungs even though he was the only one at home!

Nikki, about the scripture in Romans; there is this HUGE oak tree in my yard that I can see perfectly from my back deck. During our divorce, I spent a lot of time sitting on the deck and studying on that tree. I marveled at it's sheer size and all that it had endured. I admired it's beautiful canopy and wondered at all the birds it must have sheltered during it's lifetime. I was enthralled with this particular tree. It's strength and beauty. It's perseverence and victory over the odds. And I had peace in my heart that the same God who took such a tiny acorn and produced such a magnificent tree would surely take small, insignificant me and give me strength, perseverence and, yes, even beauty. During my musings, that tree personified God to me. I even slept better, knowing that tree was just outside my bedroom window.

But, I believe that Heaven is separated from us by only a thin veil, that it's actually here on Earth with us. I don't know exactly which scripture speaks of the veil, but there are a lot of them, beginning with the Holy of Holies and ending with Jesus' crucifixion. God was found behind the veil and only the High Priest could enter. Jesus came and wrent the veil so that we all may come before God. God created the universe, but I believe He makes His home here on Earth with us. I believe that's why we feel such a tug on our hearts like we've been speaking about when we're enjoying His creation. I believe it explains some forms of deja vu'. "Hey, I've been here before!" Maybe not during this human life, but perhaps our spiritual life we had before coming to this realm. I believe it explains ghosts and spirits; they're right there, just across the veil. I believe it explains why we sometimes feel such a strong presence of our loved ones who've passed on; they're with us, standing as close to the veil as they can to reassure us or remind us. Anyway. That's how I believe.

My all time favorite "nature" verses though are found in Job when God Himself thunders at Job and his buddies! I love, love, love reading these verses out loud! They are so humbling, just as God intended for whenever we start thinking that we've got it all figured out!

~~Cherry~~

http://cherrymedarlin.blogspot.com

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page

AuntPammy
True Blue Farmgirl

488 Posts

Pamila
williamstown wv
USA
488 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2009 :  06:42:20 AM  Show Profile  Click to see AuntPammy's MSN Messenger address
I just wanted to thank all of you ladies for this thread. Although I don't usually contribute I read this thread daily. This has become an inspiring place for me to visit before I start my day. Your words are so sweet and comforting to me and I know there are probably others,like me,who find so much solice in them. Thank you all and God Bless.

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you will never see the shadow." Helen Keller

www.auntpsalmostheaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  06:44:25 AM  Show Profile
Jeannie, I love that verse from Isaiah! God is right there, waiting for us to ask, waiting for us to call on Him, wanting us to communicate with Him. He loves us so much! As mother's we know how much we love our children, I cannot fathom how great His love is for us when I compare it to that.

Cherry, I thought that I knew of a good veil verse, but could it have been 1 Corinthians 13:12 "Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror, then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known." ?

Melanie, about being well-versed. I use the concordance in the back of my Bible a lot. If we were having a conversation and I wanted to use a Bible verse to illustrate something that I was saying, I would be snapping my fingers, saying, "Oh, that verse, it says something about a veil or seeing clearly. I know Paul wrote it, but I can't remember where. Ugh. I will have to get back to you on that." LOL! Here I can pause, look through the concordance, I might even resort to using a computer program called Bible Works (it is so awesome, you can type in a word or phrase, the translation that you want and it brings it all up for you), and it makes it seem like I have this stuff memorized. Now I do wish that I did have it memorized and Lovin' Man must have a photographic memory because he can rattle verses off just a quick as you please, but I can't.

Cherry, those nature verses in Job are REALLY great! Lovin' Man brought them up the other day. Anytime we start getting too big for our britches and feel like we can question anything that God does, we would do well to remember His question to Job, "Where were you when I laid the earth's foundations?" It's like He is saying, "Um, I made the world and everything in it so I think that I can handle your problems and not have to tell you every little thing. Why don't you just trust me and see what happens? It's all good." Anyway, I love that song "I Know My Redeemer Lives"; it has some of those verses in it.

Melanie, I want to encourage you to read your Bible. There are so many things in it that are inspiring, entertaining, comforting, scary; oh, I could go on and on. I have read the Bible in many different ways. I tried to read it straight through, but I always get bogged down in the prophets. Anyway, you could just open it up and read a page wherever it lands. You could start in Genesis. You could read the whole New Testament. That doesn't take long. Genesis has got some racy stories in it that puts modern soap operas to shame; although, I don't think anyone in the Old Testament ever suffered from amnesia. LOL! Something that you will notice is that the people that God uses are not perfect. They are so human. That's why Jesus is such a beacon when you get to His life. You will sit up and take notice!

But it is a comfort to me. God revealing Himself through the ages through His word. Here's what God says about His word...

Isaiah 55:8-11 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, SO IS MY WORD THAT GOES OUT FROM MY MOUTH; IT WILL NOT RETURN TO ME EMPTY, BUT WILL ACCOMPLISH WHAT I DESIRE AND ACHIEVE THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH I SENT IT."

Farmgirl Sister #554

Go to Top of Page

CityFarmerMaddie
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

Madison
Tacoma WA
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  9:40:49 PM  Show Profile
Blessings everyone! I hope that your summer is going well!
Madison

Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2009 :  05:24:21 AM  Show Profile
Isn't that funny.....last night I was thinking that I should check out this thread again as I hadn't heard anything in awhile....well Madison, you must have been thinking the same thing!!
I have so much to post here, but not really the time right now....so I will be back and hugs to you all!

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"
farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  05:40:30 AM  Show Profile
Hey, y'all! Oakley and I were on a twilight bike ride the other evening around our neighborhood and a thought came to me. I don't know all of my neighbors, but I know enough of them to know the range of their prayer needs. We have recent tragedies like a young mother dying from cancer, a father killed in a roadside accident, jobs lost, and houses foreclosed on. But we have good stuff, too, like a family fulfilling their dreams by being missionaries to another country, kids graduating high school, and the births of new babies and grand babies.

I just started praying for the people in the houses we passed as we went along. Asking blessings. Thanking God for their beautiful landscaping. Ha! And being specific when I knew their situation. Praying for other people is such a relief. It takes me away from my own petty problems. It expands my views of the world and gives me peace that God is in control. These neighbors of mine, my family, your family, everyone and everything is in His hands. We can rest in that and thank Him for it and talk to Him about it.

Farmgirl Sister #554

Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  4:26:47 PM  Show Profile
Nikki, you are so right. We have a direct line to the one who knows all and how could we not send up prayers for others as well as ourselves. It really does help to put our own issues and challenges back into perspective when we pray for our neighbors, even if we don't know them.
You have such a gift for sharing the Word, thank-you so much, I find your posts very encouraging.
Isn't this such a lovely topic. We all dip in now and again and come out refreshed and renewed!

ANGIE
"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance" JUDE 1:2

http://www.pinkroomponderings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  03:21:03 AM  Show Profile
Angie, isn't it awesome that we can talk to God at anytime and be confident that we have His undivided attention? How often does that happen when we converse with our family and friends? LOL! In fact, it is either extremely comforting or quite frightening knowing that He has such a bead on not just our outward lives (like knowing the number of the hairs on our head) but our inner lives (like knowing every thought). There is no hiding from Him, behind a fig leaf or otherwise! My grandmother likes to tell me how David said, "Lord, you know I'm just dust."

I guess that is a way to say, "Hey, you know where I came from and what I am, so there can be no pretense between us." No, when I pray I can't hide in flowery King James language. I just say, "Oh, God, I've really done it now! Please forgive me. YOU know why!" But personal pride goes out the window in the light of our creator. What can we claim to have done in our own right except things that are against Him? Any good that is in us has come from Him, so He gets credit for anything good that we do and He will get the glory and praise for it all in the end. It will be like a book with a surprise ending, so wonderful and unexpected, everyone will be compelled to praise Him for it!

That verse about the dust is in Psalms 103:13 (but the whole Psalm is awesome!) "As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear Him; for He knows how we are formed, He remembers that we are dust."

Madison wrote me an email and I wanted to share part of what I wrote.

Yes, the state of our nation (and the world) is becoming dire. Sometimes I start to become slightly panicked about it, but I recall what Jesus said in John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

I can't argue with that! Having faith that God is in control is so vital to the Christian walk. I am thankful that we can pray and in doing so, be contributing to the kingdom of God. When we ask that His will be done, we can rest in knowing that it will all work according to His good and perfect plan!

Farmgirl Sister #554

Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2009 :  04:38:43 AM  Show Profile
Hey, Melanie! I am looking forward to reading what has been going on with you and Oliver. I hope that you will share it soon.

Everyone have a blessed day and a fabulous 4th of July weekend celebrating life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness!

Farmgirl Sister #554

Go to Top of Page

CityFarmerMaddie
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

Madison
Tacoma WA
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2009 :  08:22:46 AM  Show Profile
Yes I do hope that we all have a happy and safe holiday weekend aand above all else that we enjoy & live in the freedom that God has given us.
Madison

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2009 :  12:04:43 PM  Show Profile
I pray blessings on all of you this July 4th holiday. I was reading over Proverbs, and one of my favorite verses came to me. I wrote it on the quilt I made for my daughter for her 30th birthday tomorrow.

"Many daughters have done nobly, but you excel them all." Proverbs 31:29 NASB

The NIV translation reads: "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all."

The women here on this site are noble and do good things for everyone around them, and I pray all are blessed this holiday week-end.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  07:13:08 AM  Show Profile
Shirley Jean, that is awesome that you could say that about your daughter. What a good person she must be and you must be so proud of her. And she is blessed to have a mother like you. I would love to see that quilt!

Ya'll, I got the book by Beth Moore Whispers of Hope. On the 2nd day the verse just struck me and I almost had a shouting spell! I have never seen or heard this verse before. It's from Micah 7:8: "Do not gloat over me, my enemy! Though I have fallen, I will arise. Though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light." Isn't that just so awesome to think about? We are God's children. Everyone who is saved and walks with Him can claim this. I have put this verse on a cabinet door in the kitchen so I'll see it every day. When I feel like I have failed and the devil is on my shoulder, I can say this and he will leave me alone. There is nothing I can do that will separate me from the love of God. NOTHING! Wow! We are surely in His hands.

Nikki, you do inspire me, too. You have a way with words that makes me want to read all you write. You should do a devotional one day. Maybe you could do it here.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  4:58:59 PM  Show Profile
I love Beth Moore. The Bible Study group that meets at my house did her Get out of the Pit book and now doing John. John is my favorite book of the Bible so really enjoying this and good to dig deep sometimes.
I took 2 years recently of Bible classes through Northwestern College in St. Paul. Ran out of money so had to stop but the classes I took really helped a lot when reading the Bible and understanding some of it. Always open to discussion though from anyone
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31
Go to Top of Page

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  5:55:52 PM  Show Profile
As a Chaplain, God allowed me to share His word with women in our local jail for 7 years. I used all of Beth's studies and was amazed at how God talked to each woman through them. We would all be reading the same thing but He spoke to each woman depending on her separate issue. It still amazes me that the very most important thing to Him is that we just have a personal relationship with Him. Just to sit and talk to Him from the heart about our dreams, cares and troubles. My challenge to them was always to just ask Him for wisdom about the bible, then watch Him move mountains to show them how much He loved them and to plant His word into their hearts.
Melody June

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  04:43:07 AM  Show Profile
Jeannie, I bet your daughter loved her quilt so much! What a treasure!

Oh, Kris, isn't awesome how God can give us a verse and we can hold it close to our hearts and gain strength from it?

Rae, what did you think of the Bible college courses compared to Beth Moore's Bible studies? I have only done Beth Moore's and Kay Arthur's Bible studies, so I can compare those. I prefer Beth Moore because she has more humorous illustrations and she is just so bubbly. Her enthusiasm for the Word and love for the Lord is infectious.

Wow, Melody June, you were really in the trenches! I know, the fact that He really wants each of us to personally know Him is so humbling and amazing! We can say, without a trace of bragging, "The creator of everything is my Dad!"

Farmgirl Sister #554

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  05:36:51 AM  Show Profile
Nikki the classes were in depth from an academic point where Beth brings you into it on a very personal level. I had an archeological class that helped to understand the lifestyle and different kinds of environment in an agricultural way.
With the stuff I have used with Beth I feel like she takes me there on such a personal level. I watch her on TV as well, she is on Wed on Life Today or James Robison, same show just different titles. The classes are good for in depth study but Beth shows you how to use it and live, does that make sense
I wanted classes without the doctrine of a church, just straight Bible and that was really helpful.
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 Family Matters: Previous Topic Wanted-Christian Fellowship Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page