mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  04:21:36 AM  Show Profile
oh gals, i am so very happy that God has led us all here. I have found that I am slowly coming back to God and longing to be in his word. I haven't started reading the bible again "yet" but i have been watching a Christian program on T.V almost every day and really getting a lot out of it.
I find myself spending more alone time with God and being truly thankful.
Last weekend I drove 3 provinces away to bring my little boy to get his vision re-checked.
I found out that Oliver is legally blind. now I knew that he had vision problems but couldn't help but feel a pang of sadness when I was given the final answer.
Oliver and I had many times that we had to wait for the next Dr. (we saw 4) while in the waiting room waiting for the next Dr. , there were a set of blind twins roughly the same age as Oliver. I couldn't help but stare at these children and wonder how hard life would be for those children and their parents. While I was thinking about those children I got an overwhelming sense of peace. I have always truly believed that God wanted little Oliver in our lives now i know it even more. I am no longer "worried" or "sad" for Oliver. This is the way that God made him. And as silly as it sounds....I am almost full of wonder. Wondering what God's plan is for us and for Oliver.
Big hugs to you all and thanks for being such good friends:)

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"
farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  04:24:17 AM  Show Profile
oh P.S.
We had "how great thou art" sung at our wedding...what a powerful song indeed!

farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  05:07:57 AM  Show Profile
Oh, wow, Melanie! I am so thankful that you were given that overwhelming sense of peace and a hope and expectation and wonder at what is in store for your family and Oliver! Although, I understand the sadness at his prognosis. Thank God for the internet since I am sure that you will be able to find many resources for the sight-impaired and much encouragement from parents with sight impaired children. There are people I have known who were legally blind and could still see some things with glasses. Will that be the case for Oliver?

I will be praying for y'all. Thank you for sharing your story with us and giving us all encouragement with your faith and bravery! (Something that I found to be most interesting, moving and inspiring was Helen Keller's own autobiography titled The Story of My Life. If you need to be encouraged by someone who excelled above all obstacles, this would be the book to read!)

Farmgirl Sister #554
Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  06:12:48 AM  Show Profile
Nikki, I love, love, love that song, too! Even more so after I read, years ago, of the story behind the song. Remarkable. You know that I talk to my plants and stuff. Well, I sing to them, too. That's one that I sing. Another I like to go around singing to them is "I'll Fly Away". I always smile in my heart so big while singing that one!

Melanie, God knew all about Oliver inside-and-out when He brought him into your life. God knew that you would dilligently care for each and every one of Oliver's needs. How wonderful that He deemed you "worthy" to care for this very beautiful little soul! I was declared legally blind when I was 12 and diagnosed with a degenerative eye disease, meaning that my eyesight would continue to deteriorate until my body quit growing. And it did and I obviously quit growing when I was in my early 20's, because it didn't level off until then! (Ha!) When I was first diagnosed, there was no guarantee that I wouldn't go totally blind in one eye or another or both. I was the kid wearing those coke-bottle glasses. When contacts became so popular, I couldn't wear them for years until technology caught up, finally about the same time my vision leveled out. And then, a few years back, technology caught up again and I was able to have lasix surgery. It took years between the time I first asked for it until my doctor decided it could finally be done. And now I have perfect vision.

Kris, I'm finally accepting that I've been an enabler to Jen. I've finally arrived at a place where I can recognize how she tries to lay guilt on me to get what she wants and I am getting more able to refuse it. I recognize her ulterior motives. When she calls asking if she can just come and take a shower because she's been living on the streets and just wants a shower, I know that it's not near as simple as a shower. She's either planning to steal from us or work me over for some money. And that's hard. I want to believe her so badly and just can't. I just pray God's protection over her and remind myself that she's His child. He loves her more than any of us will ever be able to.

And, Nikki, how very strong you are! The little bit I've had to deal with Jen, I can't wrap my brain around being married to her, an addict. I'm so very, very happy God brought you and the children out of that situation!! I'm so very, very happy God brought a righteous man into your life to love you as you deserve!! What an inspiration you are to other women who find themselves in a similar relationship. You and Kris have such wonderful testimonies!

~~Cherry~~

http://cherrymedarlin.blogspot.com

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  1:02:05 PM  Show Profile
What about you, Cherry? You have a great testimony, as well. What a miracle to have perfect vision now! Wow! That is an amazing hope to Melanie for Oliver's sake. Thankfully, they are still making medical breakthroughs that can immeasurably change lives!

Oh, shucks, I was not brave to be married to a drug addict. I did pray for him more than I have prayed for anyone or anything in my life, and I did expect expect God AND my love to "cure" him. We actually divorced and then remarried. I was absolutely convinced that he was going to be straight because he was absolutely convinced and convincing. But he just couldn't stay away from mood altering substances and all of those "lite" drugs eventually led to crack. It took me trying to run over him with the car (a funny story and thank God, he was a fast runner!) and him throwing my computer out of the window because I wouldn't give him money, well, it took those final very scary incidents to convince me that things had spun irreparably out of control.

And Lovin Man is awesome! He really is an answer to prayer! I do complain about him always being right, because THAT is annoying, but just a couple of weeks ago, when we were at the farm, he had to leave to get a part for something and Oakley and I stayed behind. I watched the truck disappear down the road and I was so thankful that I didn't have to wonder whether he would come back. Sob, sniff, dab at my eyes. So I don't want to forget the horrible things that I have been through because I don't want to take what I have now for granted. I thanked Lovin' Man for all his awesomeness when he came back; he just basks in the sunshine of my love! LOL!

Farmgirl Sister #554
Go to Top of Page

sunflowercritters
True Blue Farmgirl

1102 Posts

Debra
Springfield Maine
USA
1102 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  1:19:12 PM  Show Profile
Hi Melane,
You can cout me in. I'm a pastors wife(missionary) and I love the Lord dearly. He is my Rock and Savior. I love to be here for you. Please feel free to ask anything and I would try to help you through God's Word.
Kay Arthur books are great as well as Beth Moores. As some ladies have shared. I pray you will grow close to the Lord and I know if you study God's Word you will.
Farm girl sister Deb

Worry ends Where Faith in God begins.
Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  9:19:45 PM  Show Profile
Oh, gosh, Nikki, that's the same way I feel about Brian now! I am no where near comparing our previous marriage to your previous marriage, because Brian was never abusive towards me, just indifferent, and despite your modesty you WERE brave. And I prayed, prayed, prayed for what our marriage could be if only....

The most wonderful thing is that God answered that prayer in more ways than I could ever dream of! While I never would have consciously chosen the path we had to take to get where we are now, I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world knowing the outcome! We always think we know exactly how God ought to go about bringing forth the desires of our heart. Yet, He always sees the big picture in such a panoramic view that we can never achieve. And Brian's the same way with the praise! And you know what I didn't expect? He's just as forthcoming with praise of his own. Now, that's a wonderful added bonus! Appreciation is a heart melting thing. I always try to remember that so I'll be dilligent in my prayers to give God the appreciation due Him!

~~Cherry~~

http://cherrymedarlin.blogspot.com

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2009 :  03:08:10 AM  Show Profile
I love "I'll Fly Away"! I haven't sang it in a long time, but that is certainly a foot stompin', hand clapping one! I don't think that we have sung that one since I have been at this church. I am going to have to check the hymn book and see if it is in there.

You know, thankfulness is key to having real joy. So many people spend their lives trying to be "happy" and searching for that elusive happiness and if they could just learn to be truly thankful to God for all blessings, they would learn real contentment.

I am so glad that you and Brian had your prayers answered in finding your heart's desire in a life partner! Having that is a true gift!

Farmgirl Sister #554
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  04:24:50 AM  Show Profile
Nikki
I totally agree with you about being thankful. Everyday I pray prayers of thankfullness. there are so many things to be thankful for.....fresh air, lungs that work to breathe in that fresh air, life, friendship .....well, of course i could go an all day.
the one major thing that I am thankful for right now is that Oliver can see a wee bit..
and also, I am so very thankful that we can all talk freely here about our faith
hugs to you all girlfriends!!

farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

CityFarmerMaddie
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

Madison
Tacoma WA
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  07:43:48 AM  Show Profile
I think it would be a good idea for us all as a group to pray for all of the children of all of the families that post on this board.

Father,
Thank you for these mothers that they know you. Thank you for all of the children represented here. I just pray a blessing upon. That you would protect them, give the mothers creative ideas made just for them. I pray for health and healing. That all of the children and parents would be made whole.
Thank you Father
Amen

We are all pumpkin people. Choose which face you carve.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  12:54:00 PM  Show Profile
Amen, Madison. Beautiful prayer.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

CityFarmerMaddie
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

Madison
Tacoma WA
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  3:38:12 PM  Show Profile
thank you. I just feel very strongly that we are all here for a reason and that we need to lift each other up in prayer
Madison

Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2009 :  03:18:53 AM  Show Profile
Madison, I'm feeling a bit fractured so your prayer is very timely. Thank-you.

ANGIE
"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance" JUDE 1:2

http://www.pinkroomponderings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2009 :  03:31:04 AM  Show Profile
merci beaucoup Madison!!! thanks so much. what a gift you have:)

farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2009 :  03:39:11 AM  Show Profile
I was sitting here thinking, as little Oliver "chats" away beside me...I know that God can heal Oliver, but I have never prayer for complete healing. I don't know why. I alway pray for God to help my husband and I to be good parents for Oliver and to gain the knowledge, wisdom and patience to raise a low vision child.
my question to y'all is...should I be praying for complete healing?
may you all have a blessed day:)

farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2009 :  05:04:25 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Madison, for that lovely prayer. I do find myself mulling over the different situations of the farmgirls and praying for them as I go along during the day. It is wonderful to have this network of belief right here! I feel blessed to have stumbled upon it and feel that God is really using it to further His kingdom!

Melanie, I have been sitting here trying to figure out how to word this just right. I believe that God can do anything. Here is what Jesus said, "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask Him!" Matthew 7:7-11

And here, Mark 1:40-42 A man with leprosy came to him and begged him on his knees, "If you are willing, you can make me clean." Filled with compassion, Jesus reached out His hand and touched the man. "I AM WILLING," He said. "Be clean!" Immediately the leprosy left him and he was cured.

Matthew 18:19-20 "Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."

What can I say other than, "Lord, we thank you for all things! We thank you for the gift of Oliver as a son to Melanie and her husband, for making her family circle complete. We know that if you are willing, you can heal Oliver's sight. We believe that you give good gifts to those who ask and we ask in Jesus' name for complete healing of Oliver's sight. We know that through you all things are possible! Amen."

And I am going to continue to pray that for you and for Oliver and I am going to look forward to seeing what God has in y'alls future because it is going to be amazing!

Farmgirl Sister #554
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2009 :  06:07:06 AM  Show Profile
I have been debating about whether to ask for prayer for my daughter or not and now I know I need to. This is the oldest, Heather. She has been doing so good latley. It's really a long story of what she's been through. She's the one I posted about last week and how she was teaching Bible school and going to church and how amazed I was that God has done all this through her. Now she's had a set back and I am really now knowing what to do. Several years ago I was in the same predicament and said the same thing out loud when my then little granddaughter Chloe said " you can't do anything, Mimi". I know, out of the mouth of babes, for sure. I know she was right then and is probably right now. But every time things are going well for her she does something stupid and everything falls apart again.

So I guess without going into too much detail I am asking for heavy duty prayer to get her through this mess she's in. And right here when she's trying to get custody of her 2 other children. Just please pray that her marriage will stay together and her husband can find a job where he will be home every night (to "babysit" her) and that she will just plain grow up!!! I am so sick and tired of all this. I just wish she would stop doing all the stupid stuff and really think before she leaps next time. Because there always seems to be a "next time" for her and it's always in the back of my mind that she will.

Thank you all for being here at this time. And I will remember all these other children, too.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

CityFarmerMaddie
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

Madison
Tacoma WA
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2009 :  07:39:09 AM  Show Profile
Kris
As far as Heather goes you can only sit back & pray. When you see or talk to her only speak positive to her. Tell her about the good things. I know it is hard to do but she is an adult so you must sit back & pray. We will be praying with you. God promises that He will be with you when you go through these things. I would recommend a book by Tim Mather called "Prophetic Deliverance" for you to read. You can order the book from this website. i have read it & given out numerous copies http://www.bearcreekportal.com/index.html
Blessings
Madison

Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2009 :  08:45:55 AM  Show Profile
Thank you ladies just reading this thread is such a joy. Kristen you have my prayers for you and your daughter.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2009 :  6:48:33 PM  Show Profile
This thread is so great. How often we feel hesitant...but here we can join hands across the internet and praise God!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2009 :  03:37:04 AM  Show Profile
my thoughts and prayers are with you Kristen. big hugs girlfriend!

farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2009 :  04:40:43 AM  Show Profile
2 Corinthians 1:3-4 "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God."

Kris, I am praying for your daughter! I know you are asking yourself why would she do anything that would mess up her life now that she seemed to be getting it back on track. I am looking back over those 8 long years of the off and on relationship/marriage/divorce/marriage with a drug addict, and I realized one thing that I was addicted to was the drama. Because I can tell you it was never boring!

There was a crisis everyday or the threat of one to literally keep me on the edge. I got used to being wound up and I guess I would consider that to be my drug. When I permanently severed all ties with him and the "justice" system finally came through and put him away, I had to get used to regular life. Now, I gotta tell you, that everyday routine began to really drag on me. It was boring.

I am wondering if this might be the case with your daughter. Could she being looking ahead at her life, thinking that it will forever go on in this smooth, predictable and normal way, and she is so desperate for it not to be that she is willing to do something bad just to make a ripple in that placid existence?

During those crisis years, I thought that being normal, just like everyone else was the goal. I thought that was what I really wanted, but now I know that not only will I never be normal, I do not want to be normal. If normal means being conformed to this world and people's expectations then I won't ever, ever, ever be normal.

God has a plan for her and for me and for all of us and it will not be boring. It will be exciting and scary and fulfilling and perfectly suited for each of us and enough to fulfill our entire heart's desire.

Romans 12:2 "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - His good, pleasing and perfect will."

Farmgirl Sister #554
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2009 :  05:54:36 AM  Show Profile
Well Nikki, I have never thought about that, but I guess you may have a very good point. She does nothing all day but sleep or clean. Her husband doesn't want her to work and she needs to. She has got to have someting to keep her busy or she gets depressed fast or into trouble. She's always blaming everyone else, too. It's never her fault for the things she does. Oh, it's just so frustrating to see this. Their 1st year anniversary is today. I am very surprised they have made it this far but they have. Only by the grace of God.

I so appreciate all the encouragement here from all of you. And the Bible verses. Sometimes I am surprised at the wisdom of such young people. Thank's ya'll.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2009 :  1:51:13 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by mellaisbella

I was sitting here thinking, as little Oliver "chats" away beside me...I know that God can heal Oliver, but I have never prayer for complete healing. I don't know why. I alway pray for God to help my husband and I to be good parents for Oliver and to gain the knowledge, wisdom and patience to raise a low vision child.
my question to y'all is...should I be praying for complete healing?
may you all have a blessed day:)

farmgal #150

Hi, Melanie ~

Even though I'm been taking a break from the connection, I still visit from time to time. I've been following this thread (jumping around in it is more accurate) and just had to respond to what you wrote.

This morning I was listening to Family Life - www.fltoday.org - on the radio and this very topic was discussed. I only got bits and pieces of the show because I was listening while doing my food pantry deliveries, but at one point the guest was talking about being right at death's door and he wished someone would come in a pray deeply for him. (This isnt' exactly your issue but bear with me.) His (former?) pastor came in, an older man walking with a cane. He let the cane fall to the floor, placed himself across Ed (the guest on the show) and prayed hard for God to heal him.

Here is the point that made me think of you: Ed was saying that so often he would pray technically correct, as in "God if it is your will, please do ....... and it if it isn't, give me the grace to accept it." He said this man pleaded for him. He bared his soul to God and just begged Him to heal him. Ed said that changed how he looked at prayer. He referred to King David when his son was dying and how he prayed and fasted for him to be healed. King David's son died and when the servants told him, he got up and ate. Even though his son wasn't healed, he bared his soul to God and had the peace and confidence at that point that God knew best.

Here's the main point: God wants us to share our deepest desires with Him. Ed was healed. King David's son wasn't. The main thing is to pour out our deepest longings to God because He wants us to come to Him. He desires intimacy with us. He's not a cosmic vending machine. His wisdom is way beyond ours and He can see things we can't so His answer may not be what we would desire. But whatever it is, if we climb up in His lap and share our what's deep in our hearts, He will wrap His arms around us, comfort us and it will touch Him deeply that we would share those gut-wrenching desires with Him.

I hope this made sense.

God bless -
Karen ~ Farmgirl Sister #311
www.livingwell4you.blogspot.com
www.heritagehillsfarm.blogspot.com

"To own a little bit of ground, to scratch it with a hoe, to plant seeds and watch the renewal of life - this is the commonest delight of the race, the most satisfactory thing a man can do." Charles Dudley Warner

Edited by - LivingWell4You on Jun 11 2009 3:28:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2009 :  03:46:19 AM  Show Profile
it made total sense and thank you so much for sharing that with me.

farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 Family Matters: Previous Topic Wanted-Christian Fellowship Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page