Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  06:06:52 AM  Show Profile
Rae, I know exactly what you're saying. My favorite courses are on customs and manners of bible times. Also the history of the bible times. I just ordered the new Archeological bible and can't wait to get it. The bible comes alive when you understand why they did and who they were really talking to. I still get blown away what is taught about the bible. One of my favorite things to do in the jail was to just name a subject and ask the ladies to write down everything they knew about it. Then we would study only what the bible had to say about it. At the end most were amazed at what they were taught compared to what was really there. Doctrines can make God so distant and impersonal. That is just the opposite of what God wants. God has gifted Beth to teach how to make Him real and become part of our life in such a real way.
Melody June

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  07:38:19 AM  Show Profile
The personal is so important. I often have chats with God and am sometimes even telling him I don't quite agree but he shows me he is right in the end
I like feeling his presence with me as I go about my day and if one gets too caught up in doctrine I think we miss that glorious part of the relationship.
That is a great exercise, writing what you think or were taught is said and looking it up and seeing what is really said!
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  09:50:58 AM  Show Profile
Just wanted to share a little bittersweet joy from this past weekend.

As some of you know, I went back to Ohio to pay respects to a frined who passed away.

It was more like a family reunion in that there is a nucleus ofabout 20 families in the church who we go back with 30 years plus. Some people my folks know from even before I was born.

It's been very intersting to see how our famlies have stayed together throughout the years and helped one another no matter the literal and figurative cost.

The visit made my mom especially wistful since she and Dad have been down here for 5 years and really miss their long term church frineds.

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  10:02:00 AM  Show Profile
Some churches are so wonderful about that strong family community thing. They take care of everyone and it is nice to know there are still some around.

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2009 :  05:29:33 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Anna, that is so nice that you were able to have a reunion with your church family of old.

Melody June and Rae, you know, it is really cool to understand the historical context of Biblical passages and to learn more about the customs of the day. There are many things that pop out with significance when you know more about the social, political, and world view of the people of that time. Looking up the original Greek and Hebrew of the text helps a lot, as well. Now that is some deep digging right there, buddy!

Yep, the Bible and a concordance are all you need to keep you going through a lifetime of study! The things that we can learn and the lessons that He teaches are just like His mercy, they are new every morning. Ha!

Farmgirl Sister #554

http://alabamaheartofdixie.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2009 :  08:13:15 AM  Show Profile
Ditto, Nikki! And Melody! And Rae! I don't think you can get a full appreciation of what's written if you don't know about the "back story". But the amazingly divine part is that even though the world was so vastly different from today, the Word still applies to our lives, in a different time, on the other side of the planet!

~~Cherry~~

http://cherrymedarlin.blogspot.com

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2009 :  08:26:37 AM  Show Profile
Everything relates to today in the Bible which is amazing but then so is God.
The lifestyle thing does help to really get the wonder of it all. I also have a study Bible which helps a lot when I am wondering about something as well.
Rae

Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2009 :  03:29:19 AM  Show Profile
Rae and Cherry, our talk has reminded me of what Paul wrote to Timothy.

2 Timothy 3:16 "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." I love that it says "thoroughly equipped". That's my sword, baby!

And here is Hebrews 4:12-13 "For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow, it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of Him to whom we must give account."

I have found myself being kind of sad lately because I really have come to the conclusion that you can't fully know anyone or truly be fully known by anyone (this having to do with Lovin' Man). Maybe some people can truly be laid bare with another soul, but that will not be my lot. Anyway, I am so thankful that I can't hide from God. In the past it has been something that angered me because I had a lot that I did that I wanted to hide (LOL), but now I find real comfort that God knows me so thoroughly and that He STILL loves me. Ha! There is no pretense between us. I can be so honest with Him and He doesn't flinch or turn His back on me.

Been reading a lot of blogs lately and you know, people are reaching out. They want to be known and noticed. They want to share themselves with someone. I guess people are the same everywhere; they want to be loved and accepted and know that they have value. My friend and I had a very long talk about the frustrations that we are experiencing in our marriages and after totally exhausting every subject for complaint (oh, boy, that felt good!), we came to the conclusion that only God can fulfill us in the way that we need. No other human is capable of filling that God-sized whole in our lives. It was such a relief for me to unburden my pent up hurt and an even greater relief to come around and realize that God is my solution. He is the rock on which I stand. He is my Father that I run to for comfort, refuge, and well, just everything. Anyway, well, I had a breakthrough.

I have a hard time saying these sorts of things out loud. Probably one reason is because I get emotional about it and I seriously hate to cry in front of people. I just turn into an icky, teary, slobbery mess. LOL!

Anyway, I wanted to share that with y'all, in case it might do someone some good!

Farmgirl Sister #554

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2009 :  05:34:24 AM  Show Profile
Hey Nikki you can cry any time. It is good to get things out. I have learned in life you can never rely 100% on any person as they will end up failing you. We are not perfect so can not give perfect love. The failing can be as simple as just not agreeing with you, it just is humanly impossible. I think we put so much expectation on one another as well. No one but God can give the perfect love that all of us seek out.
Oh many a time I have wanted to hide from my past but have, as you, learned God loves me anyway. That is so powerful. I fail God all the time I know but he still loves me. The great give of grace, something we don't deserve but something he gives us.
I know people also don't always care so much about the talk as the walk. It is easy to say words but living is a whole other story. I have worked hard to stop, think what is it God would really want, and then go forward. I still fall short but I do try to stop as I know there are people watching me to see if I am sincere. I also have found that I am at peace and very much learning to be "content with what I have."
Rae

Go to Top of Page

CityFarmerMaddie
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

Madison
Tacoma WA
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2009 :  08:00:46 AM  Show Profile
Nikki
I like what you said about God being all that you need. In any relationship that we have on earth we can ask God to change us so that we can see a way to get that need met and we can ask God to change others.
Be yourself what you need in others.
Madison

We are all pumpkin people. Choose which face you carve.
Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2009 :  09:42:39 AM  Show Profile
I believe He designed us that way, Nikki, so that He would be the only One to fill that hole. If we could rely 100% on others to truly know us and accept us and fulfill all of our needs, why would we need Him? I have a friend currently having marital problems and we had a long conversation not long ago. Her main complaint is a lack of appreciation and respect and she feels as though she is taken advantage of or not thought of at all. Her family is a very busy family, like most, and often plans are not communicated well and she feels she's being slighted intentionally. One thing I learned through mine and Brian's marital problems is how I focus solely on my wants and needs, my slights and hurt feelings, almost with tunnel vision, unable to "see" how my behavior affects him. During our conversation, I wondered outloud if she could possibly be doing anything that her husband could perceive as disrespectful or if he ever feels unappreciated. She didn't say anything for a minute. Just sat there looking at me. I had said something she didn't want to consider. She didn't want it to be about him. She wanted me to justify her complaints. We seem to abhor looking in a mirror at our own faults and shortcomings.

The problem with this is that when we stand before God, we can't point our finger. We can only look inward where He will be looking. We won't be called upon to answer for another, only ourselves. It's a one-on-one confrontation. I have to daily remind myself of this.

Because of our talk, I've been more sensitive to the dynamics between my friend and her husband. I spent a lot of time with them recently, and what I noticed is that she spends a lot of time complaining. It seemed that her husband could not do anything right and when he did do something for her, she never said a word about it. So then I considered being in his shoes. How would I feel if all I ever heard was nagging and griping? How would I feel if when I did do something to help, no appreciation was shown in turn? It's an action vs reaction existence. And that's no existence at all.

We are called to love one another as Christ first loved us. It's as simple as that. When we train our focus to simply loving one another, it's amazing how all the "other" begins to fade away. Sometimes it is a chore to do. Sometimes we just don't have the extra energy. Nor the inclination. One thing that has helped me is to refocus my attention on myself, but not as I had before. Instead, I flip the script. If Brian is doing something to get on my last nerve, I try to stop and ask myself, "what have you done lately to get on his nerves?" If he hurts my feelings, I try to stop and ask myself, "have I done anything lately that could have hurt his feelings?" If I feel he's not appreciating me enough (by my expectations), I start heaping the appreciation on his head. Love begats love. Appreciation begats appreciation. Compliments begat compliments. But when our true focus is living in a way pleasing to God and not those around us, these things become natural, and probably most importantly, secondary. And then the pressure's off! Whew! How wonderful is that!

I don't have all the relationship answers. I try not to pretend to and hope I don't come across that way. I've even created a gulf between a close friend and myself when instead of villifying her husband to her when they were having marital problems, I instead asked questions about her behavior and how she wasn't fulfilling her role as a godly wife. All I know is what I myself went through with my husband and what I learned about myself and being one part of a whole. The most difficult thing for me was looking in that mirror. Examining my own actions and words. And admitting to God that my expectations of Brian were unfair because I wasn't placing those same expectations on myself. The scriptures God led me to were 1 Corintians 13 and Philippians 4:8-9. I shared these with Brian and together we asked God to keep us in constant remembrance of how we should treat one another and how to go about doing that. And God has been faithful!

~~Cherry~~

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2009 :  09:50:14 AM  Show Profile
Well said Cherry, I think the hardest thing we do is look in the mirror and see who is really looking at us. Sometimes I have found I don't like what I see. The walk with God is never lonely or scary.
By turning things over to God and letting him deal in his time things always work out for the best.
Rae

Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  05:07:56 AM  Show Profile
You know how you treat others the way you want to be treated. Well, eventually you get to the point where you realize, "Hey, they don't get it." Then you try another tactic and you treat them the way they treat you. Something clicks. They think, "Hey, this is not right. I don't like being treated this way!"

A small example. Greeting someone when they come in the door. A common courtesy. When I walk in, no one even looks up and I am the one who does the greeting. I am the one who initiates the hugs. I am the one who says, "I love you." Well, I stopped and I have been visibly peeved the past couple of days and all of a sudden, he is the one who says, "Hey!" when I walk in the door. I am sad that it takes being angry to get some attention around here and have learned that not doing what I normally do gets results. But it is a childish way to go about doing things, I know that. LOL!

Anyway, being lonely in this relationship has brought me closer to God. It has made me realize that I need for God to be first in my life. And it is so awesome how He is not limited by space or time so that He can give me all the attention that I need and He is there to listen anytime that I want to talk to Him. I love having an omniscient and omnipresent Father!

When I read the Bible, I am made aware of my own failings. I am human and I make mistakes and I do things that are annoying, but I am a work in progress and I need to grow and mature and just plain get beyond myself. So that is where I am right now. I am past trying to "make" someone love me. I just don't have the energy for that anymore. I am going to let God make me into the person that He wants me to be, and He will probably start by telling me to stop calculating how much love I can squeeze out of another certain someone. Ha!

Farmgirl Sister #554

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  06:23:45 AM  Show Profile
Nikki you are awesome!!! and I am really enjoying this thread. Working in a public school you aren't suppose to talk about God but let me tell you... If I am asked boy do I respond and I don't deny my faith. I feel God will provide and I will not deny him no matter what the cost. Amazing though how I keep "bumping" into people in my life who feel the same, it is just awesome and God certainly brings them my way for a reason!!!
Rae

Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  06:45:26 AM  Show Profile
Hello ladies it has ben awfully busy around her but wanted to pop in to say Hello. Rae I am so with you ask me and I will tell you about my walk with the Lord. It is such a wonderful way of life I just wonder sometime why it took me so long to find him.

Diana
I have also been reading the Learning to Love to Pray and Learning to Love the Bible and are relly enjoying them both.

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  09:08:04 AM  Show Profile
She is, isn't she, Rae?!

Nikki, that is the exact same thing I had to do to get Brian's attention; treat him the way he'd been treating me. And it worked, only I probably took it too far therein resulting with a D-I-V-O-R-C-E. But when the dust settled and he was finally LISTENING to me, he said he never knew. I was so exasperated! I'd been trying to tell him for years! But it was all in God's timing because the end result has been all I ever wanted and more than I ever imagined. We shouldn't have to go to such extremes, it's true. But I think of the extremes God has had to go through to get the attention of certain people. He understands our frustration and exasperation and just knowing that gives me peace.

And look what you wrote, "...being lonely in this relationship has brought me closer to God. It has made me realize that I need for God to be first in my life. And it is so awesome how He is not limited by space or time so that He can give me all the attention that I need and He is there to listen anytime that I want to talk to Him. I love having an omniscient and omnipresent Father!" Take a step back and look at the bigger picture. Would this have happened had Lovin' Man been giving everything you needed and wanted from him? Perhaps his behavior has been orchestrated by God for the sole purpose of redirecting your thoughts towards Him and drawing you closer? Kind of makes you feel a bit differently towards Lovin' Man! "Hey, boy, you've just been used by God! So, thank you for making me feel like I'm invisible so I could be drawn closer to Him!" (Goodness, I'm crackin' myself up, thinking about Brian's reaction if I were to say that to him!)

Rae, we were promised that we would never be forsaken or alone, and I believe that when we come across like-minded people, it's Jesus' little reminder of that promise. Gives me a happy little thrill! At least, SOMEbody's keeping their word!

~~Cherry~~

Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  12:08:29 PM  Show Profile
LOL, Cherry, it is true! EVERYTHING is used for the good of those who are called according to His purpose! That is funny imagining saying, "Boy, you have just been used by God!"

Rae, I know. I feel that lately I have been given courage and strength to share the things that I am learning in my walk with God. I am so glad that we can share these things here together. It makes things bearable to have this link to other believers and after taking the time to write my thoughts here, I already have it organized in my mind and am able to relate it more easily in conversations with others. Bonus!

Farmgirl Sister #554

Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2009 :  6:36:34 PM  Show Profile
It is good to have safe places to share our thoughts. I have been encouraged often by gals here, whom I will probably not ever meet this side of glory. We are called to bear one another's burdens, to weep with those who weep, and rejoice with those who rejoice. We are called to love, be compassionate... the list goes on. In the past months I have learned to be bolder in sharing the things I have learned in my walk with the Lord. When the rug is pulled out from under you and every aspect of you life changes, I found I only had one option. To trust the Lord, because He is trustworthy. He is a God of blessing and in ways I could not even imagine.

Hold to your faith, hold to your God, He will always make the path straight! Isaiah 58:8-11

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2009 :  03:42:36 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Julia! That was beautiful! God is trustworthy! He never fails us. And He is our only option. It seems that I am on a continual loop. I forget that God is everything. I look for meaning in things and people. They let me down. I realize that God is everything. I am so thankful that I have Him! Then I go back around to getting caught up in the world again. Ugh. I am so glad that God is patient! It usually takes me a little longer than most people to learn things. LOL!

Farmgirl Sister #554

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2009 :  04:39:11 AM  Show Profile
It is hard at times to not get caught up in worldly things, I have been there and done that :-(
When I am patient, not often, God always supplies what I need. I really need to work on it and remember. I am getting better as he has given me finally the gift of hating to shop ;-) I have learned, that God always does things much better when he is control, even though I will try to show him I know better at times :-(
It is so great to share this here. It does give one strength to go out and do what God wants of us doesn't it??
Rae

Go to Top of Page

Lynner
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Sheri
Missouri
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2009 :  05:00:33 AM  Show Profile
Praise the Lord for this forum. I am thankful for each of you who are a part. In these days we need each other more than ever. God has provided yet another way for us to share in His many blessings and encourage one another. I have to admitt I was a bit skeptical about joining the farmgirl connection, wondering if there would be kindred spirits out there. God is faithful to supply in small ways as well as the big ways. Being able to voice our thoughts on life and God is still possible. One day it might not be so easy.
Sheri
...Be of good courage, God has overcome the world...

Deut.4:35 Unto thee it was shown, that thou mightest know that the Lord, He is God, there is none else beside Him.

Many Hands Make Light Work!

...God made the seed to grow...
Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2009 :  07:59:50 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Sheri, I agree about it not being so easy to do one day! I find myself getting caught up in the daily news instead of relying more on my daily "bread" of the Word and I can get depressed over it. Well, that's not entirely true. I watch the news and think of all the end-time prophecy I know and I start wondering if our world leaders realize how they are facillitating that very prophecy and how they are being used by God to bring about the return of His Son. I think of how God used Herod, and the Pharoahs, and even Judas, and wonder if they knew in that moment that their cruelty and deception were part of God's plan, and then I fast-forward to today at the player's on the stage of modern history and dwell on whether these people in power truly understand how they are being used in the "big picture" of things. It can be depressing, and yet wildly exhilirating (sp?), at the same time!

Perhaps this a bit much for here, and I hope I don't offend anyone, but I want to share something that gets me excited every time I think about it. It was after my granddaddy had passed away and my grandmother was in her garden and she was communing with God (bet that's where I get it from, Nikki!) She said she was pretty much pleading with God to bring her on home because she was missing TT so much. She said she finished up and was headed back to the house when she heard her name called, so she stopped. Then she said that the air got "brighter" around her and she heard a voice in her head that said, "Augustine, you will not pass away until you see the return of my Son." She said that the brightness faded away and she was left standing there, unable to move or even think. Then she went on in the house. It took her a while to mention this to anyone. She told me about it one day when I was having a particularly hard time, missing TT and so worried that I'd lose my grandmother, too. She believes it was a true vision and word from God. What's convincing about it is that my granddaddy was the sensitive one. He was sensitive to spirits and such. Maybe it was because of his Irish blood? And grandmother "pashawed" his stories. She loved him, but she was a skeptic. And she doesn't go around freely talking about it. But it comforts me to know that we haven't been forsaken during these troubling times!

~~Cherry~~

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2009 :  08:28:55 AM  Show Profile
Oh Cherry how exciting. I know God speaks to us. When my daughter was 2 1/2 my Grandmother passed away. They two of them where thick as can be. My Grandma had been sick when I was pregnant and I told her she couldn't leave until she knew my daughter. Anyway about a month or so after Grandma died Fallon was looking out the window and told me to look, there was God and Grandma Nanny!!! What a peace went through me heart knowing she was with him.
I have felt his presence so strongly at times as I am doing things it just takes the wind out of me. It is such an undescribable feeling when this happens.
I just love this post and thank you everyone for sharing on it. Helps to keep my heart where it needs to be, especially on bad days like today when I get paid and am broke 10 minutes later :-(
Rae

Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2009 :  10:25:53 PM  Show Profile
How powerful, Cherry. It is amazing how God makes His presence know as we need to see it. He is awesome!

One way that I have to always remind me how faithful God is to me, is a blessing book. When my husband first went into ministry, I started recording everything we were blessed with; a bag of fresh tomatoes, hand-me-downs for my girls, $5 check...
I leave it on the counter so that we only have to look at it to know that He is trustworthy, always meets the need, in unexpected ways. That we can "...hope...be renewed..." so that we can soar!

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  03:49:36 AM  Show Profile
Rae, LOL about hating to shop! When I was a teenager I actually had a button pinned on my jean jacket that said something along the lines of "I live to shop". Oh, they know how to indoctrinate 'em early! I'm sorry that it took everything that you had to pay the bills! That is not fun to be broke. Been there and will be there again. That is why I love Philippians 4:11-13. Learning that secret, baby! Clinging to that knowledge! Let me know if I can help you in any way!

Sheri, isn't it awesome to have kindred spirits. That reminds me of Anne of Green Gables and when she met Miss Cornelia. Miss Cornelia called people who had an automatic affinity and understanding of each other as being "from the race that knows Joseph". Did you know that is in the Bible? Maybe KJV. But it was referring to the Pharaohs and the people of Egypt who had known and remembered Joseph. Anyway, I thought that was cool..

Yeah, Cherry, sometimes when I'm freaking out about politics, I just have to stop myself since God has that covered. I just vote and fume about the idiots in charge. Even sometimes think about running for office. Ha! But God made those people to be in those positions. He isn't surprised by anything that they are doing and He knows where they are headed. Thankfully, we are not in the dark about what path this world is taking and where WE will end up. I love winning! Yay, for our team!

Julia, how neat. A blessing book. What a great idea! I read a book about a band of missionaries who lived, literally, every moment relying on God. I mean, I know that that is the way that we are all supposed to live, but it is not in the forefront of my mind all of the time. Anyway, these people had run out of food and had guests. They set the table. They sat down at the table. Then there was a knock at the door and someone delivered them dinner. I can't remember everything about it, but I know that they didn't act surprised. LOL! They just knew that God would provide. And if no food had been delivered, they were the kind of people who would have just prayed and fasted and been up at mid-night singing hymns and praising God (like Paul and Silas in that jail after they had been beaten and locked-up). That kind of faith just puts me to shame!

Anyway, the kids and I at children's church did the story of Joshua and Jericho last Sunday. They couldn't understand why the Israelites didn't trust God to help them go into the land of Canaan when Joshua first scouted the place and said that they could take it. Especially, since they had witnessed so many miracles on their way out of Egypt. But you know, we are all like the Israelites. We all forget, at times, what He is capable of and what He has done for us. A blessing book would be an excellent reminder of all of His works and that we can look forward to more. A blessing book. Now that's a blessing!

Y'all have a great rest of the week! I'm going out of town and won't be back until Monday! So excited!

Farmgirl Sister #554

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 Family Matters: Previous Topic Wanted-Christian Fellowship Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page