Buffalomary
True Blue Farmgirl

199 Posts

Mary
Caldwell ID
USA
199 Posts

Posted - May 29 2009 :  6:57:40 PM  Show Profile
Thank you everyone for your comments and for sharing what is on your hearts. I have been such a mess and know I have screwed up royally in the past, but I also believe that God does love me and hopefully all will make sense one of these days. Wishing things could have been different in the past will not change the past and there is no way to go back. But I guess I am still a little gunshy because of all the hurt and disappoint I have experienced by those who claimed to be "Christians". It's really hard to try to move forward past all this. But I guess maybe I have been looking and trying to get past it all. I'm not sure I am even making sense at this point. I just wanted to say thanks.

Buffalomary
Farmgirl Sister #293

Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Please visit me at my blog: http://buffalomaryscorner.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - May 30 2009 :  04:30:50 AM  Show Profile
Melanie, I am encouraged everyday by y'all. I am so thankful to have found a group of women who want to learn and grow in a relationship with God!

Amber, isn't it awesome to have a place where Christian resources can be shared and recommended? I'm glad your here!

Kay, I understand how those women could be so sad about losing y'alls friend, but I am with you on that, He loves her very much. Whenever a saved person dies, I am HAPPY for them. I am. Because I know that they are with Jesus and what could be better than that? I do sorrow for the family and loved ones left behind since they are the ones who will have such a void in their lives.

Madison, thank you for the wonderful prayer over us all. I love to talk to God throughout the day, thanking Him for blessings, asking Him for protection over my friends and family, and then making specific and general requests. We get things sorted out together.

Jessie, do you know what I think is so cool about the Lord giving you the desires of your heart? He made me, He instilled in me an interest and longing for things that are specific to me and then He fulfills those desires when I am ready for Him to. When I was growing up I resisted following God because I was so fearful that He would make me do things that I didn't like and go places where I didn't want to go, but now I find that idea so laughably silly. Throughout my life, even when I wasn't serving Him, He was equipping me for a purpose. His purpose. I don't even know what it is yet! -- But when I wasn't serving Him, I suffered immensely doing things that I didn't like and going places that I didn't want to go, all for the sake of myself and in the name of fun and freedom. It is no fun to suffer and only have yourself to blame for it! HA! It is probably much for satisfying to suffer for doing God's will.

Jeannie, I love that about manna meaning "what is it?", I don't think that I have ever heard that. Cool new fact!

Mary, I am sorry that you were hurt by other Christians. Unfortunately, since we are all human, we are liable to be imperfect and do and say things that will harm others. But this is something that I can promise you, God will never let you down. I can say that without a shadow of a doubt. He is faithful and He will show you that if you will let Him.

I have been reading in James this morning and came across this, "Come near to God and He will come near to you." James 4:8

Y'all have a blessed day! I am so glad to be getting to know y'all!

Farmgirl Sister #554
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 30 2009 :  05:16:57 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
'An Endless Falling in Love'

Jodi, can you tell us who the author is? The title has me intriqued....

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

"WELL BEHAVED WOMEN RARELY MAKE HISTORY"

(The Junk Gypsy)
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - May 30 2009 :  07:33:28 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning all I have only just found the Lord and this thread I would like to just come and read and soak up all your knowledge. I too follow the along with the Streams In the Desert. I thank him daily for my life and all that is around me. In doing this I have found contentment and happiness more that I ever new that was there.
Thanks for letting me learn with you all.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - May 30 2009 :  08:58:45 AM  Show Profile
Linda, 'tis written by a man named Ty Gibson. It is one book you will not regret reading...the only book out of several that still touches my heart year after year. You'll need a box of tissues..for HAPPY tears. :)

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

www.jodielyzabeth.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - May 30 2009 :  11:24:55 AM  Show Profile
Mary,

I have this quote on my blog:

"Today Is The Tomorrow You Worried About Yesterday"

I too have struggled with the past but finally I am able to leave a lot of the history where it belongs..*in the past*...God shows me how to NOT take away my own joy. But it's been a process over the years.

To those that have read the book "The Shack"...I did get it the other day and I'm halfway through it..I'm at the point of him arriving at the shack..I won't say anything more other than this is AWESOME!

Diana, welcome to the kingdom of Christ! May I ask how old you are? I was 40 years old when I met the Lord...I always get excited when I see another adult come to Him.

Ok, back to reading!
Y'all have a great day,
Stephanei

Queen of Dreamsz ~ keeper of dream kingdom
* * * * * * www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com * * * * * *

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Albert Einstein ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - May 30 2009 :  1:18:03 PM  Show Profile
I was 53 and it was a huge and wonderful gift.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - May 30 2009 :  1:56:29 PM  Show Profile
Diana - what a wonderful post. Thank you for sharing that with us. It does not matter our age, or anything.....God is waiting for all of us to ask Him into our lives. He is patient. What a gift He gives us by allowing us to choose Him; He would never force us to believe. But when we do, life gets so full and wondrous. It is just too hard to express. But you all know what I mean!

P.S. I was 18, but I have wandered many times over the years, and His arms have always been open when I returned.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on May 30 2009 1:59:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 30 2009 :  3:49:25 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Streams in the Desert....that's a good one! I remember that now. Isn't it a daily prayer bible quote book?

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

"WELL BEHAVED WOMEN RARELY MAKE HISTORY"

(The Junk Gypsy)
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 30 2009 :  7:45:19 PM  Show Profile
Linda, it's a little devotional. By Mrs. Charles E. Cowman. I have volume 2, I guess. It has a 2 on the front. But mine is coming apart from being read so much. My friend gave it to me in 1988. And believe me it's been used. And I never get tired of it, either. Then I also have another of hers, same title, that I found at my favorite used book store.

Diana, another sister! We are all sisters here, ya'll do realize that. Not only farmgirl sisters, but sisters in Christ!! How wonderful to welcome another sister into the kingdom and here! And we are all learning here no matter how long we've been on this journey. There is no one who knows it all and it's an every day process.

I was 13 and literally had the hell scared outa me! I was at a revival at a Southern Baptist church and the preacher, Bro. Thompkins, I'll never forget him, was preaching fire and brimstone. I ran to the alter as soon as he started praying. I couldn't get there fast enuf, ya'll. But it was an on again off again kind of relationship. I did the Bible toting thing as a teenager. Came and went. But when I got married it turned my life around. I started going to church and it's been a long road getting to where I am now but I am nowhere near where God needs me to be. I am a work in progress for sure. I'll never be done til I walk thru those pearly gates!

I got my Beth Moore book today! I can't wait to get atrated in it.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

Edited by - kristin sherrill on May 30 2009 7:46:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - May 30 2009 :  10:00:23 PM  Show Profile
That's so true..age is unimportant..before the last breath is taken is fine. it just always excites me to meet those that arrive later in life..LOL There is definitely something extremely special about being an adult and being able to become the dependent child again.

So is anyone else reading The Shack right now??

Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - May 30 2009 :  10:57:44 PM  Show Profile
I am so excited that this thread has been resurrected!!! It has been good to read all the new posts. Thank you so much to whoever posted the link to the Seattle Christian radio station. I listed to KLOVE all the time. We have a local station but the music is a little too hard rock for me.

I have not been attending church for probably the past 18 months - I've been worshiping at home. I just haven't been able to find one that "fit". Last Sunday I went to church with my grandson. He goes to Living Hope in Vancouver, WA. It is a HUGE church with several campuses. Even though it is so big I just loved it! The music and the message were so wonderful. I got on the website and joined a knitting group that meets once a month. I need local Christian fellowship so much!

I am going back tomorrow and am so looking forward to it. However, I believe that one can worship on your own too and that's what I've been doing for quite a while. The church is not in the building we go to every Sunday - the church is in the world 7 days a week!

Diana - I'm so excited for you as a new Christian!! It just gives me goosebumps and tears in my eyes when someone says they've accepted the Lord.

I have The Shack on my bookshelf and am going to read it again. It is THE best book.

Hugs and blessings to all of you. Have a great Lord's day!!

Handmade Soap & Lotion Bars http://www.therusticcottagebath.com

The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com

Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/rusticcottage

Edited by - therusticcottage on May 30 2009 11:06:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - May 31 2009 :  06:37:10 AM  Show Profile
Stephanie, I've read The Shack. How far into it are you? I don't want to give away anything for others who haven't read it, but would love to discuss it with you, Kay, and anyone else who's read it. Doesn't it really open your mind?

~~Cherry~~

http://cherrymedarlin.blogspot.com

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - May 31 2009 :  11:29:20 AM  Show Profile
Cherry,

He's gone back to the shack...and the enlightenment is beginning! Yes, it's a wonderful "out of the box" perspective. Very good!

Steph

Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - May 31 2009 :  11:42:26 AM  Show Profile
Stephanie - just wait!! The best part is yet to come!! I would love to discuss this book with others. I'm going to get it off the shelf and start reading it again.

Handmade Soap & Lotion Bars http://www.therusticcottagebath.com

The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com

Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/rusticcottage
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 31 2009 :  1:10:57 PM  Show Profile
Ok, can I get it at the library? I'll have to read it now because I feel left out. We have this retreat up on Lookout Mt. and until you go yourself no one will talk about it if you're there. Or if you walk in and people are talking about it they all stop. It's like a big secret. So I finally got to go about 12 years ago and I finally found out what it was all about. It's called The Walk to Emmaus. Has anyone else been on it? It is truely amazing and will open your eyes. Anyway, this book is kind of like that. So I need to get the book before it's "revealed". It sounds really good.

I have tried several times today to start the Whispers of Hope book but keep getting interrupted. So I'll just start tomorrow on the first day of June. A good time to start a new book anyway.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - May 31 2009 :  6:53:56 PM  Show Profile
What an awesome thread!! I love the fact that though most of us will never meet on earth, we will spend eternity together! The fellowship of the saints, farmgirl saints! With the swirling down spiral of this nation morally and spiritually, it is good to have one more place to come to share our love for the Lord, with freedom, though there are those who would like to change that.

We serve and Awesome and Faithful God, who loves us as we are as we strive to be more like Him. I am so giddy to see all you Christian farmgirls out there. I would love to hug you all right now!

Diana, blessing to you as you grow in your walk with our Lord! It will be the best ride of your life! Yep, there will be a few potholes and speed bumps along the way, but know that the Lord has already trodden the path before you, so hold tight to Jesus' hand and all will be well. TRUST always, for HE is trustworthy!!!

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2009 :  06:01:34 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Diana, so glad to have you as a new believer and sister in Christ!

I am really lifted up by everyone's comments on this thread! And enjoying reading them!

NOW I have to read The Shack. Maybe we could start a discussion of the book in the reading section of the board, but I will not go there until I have read it! Don't want it spoiled. HA!

Y'all have a blessed day!

Farmgirl Sister #554
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2009 :  7:52:40 PM  Show Profile
I went to the library while I was in town today and it's checked out but in transit or something. So I got on the waiting list. I can't wait to get that book now. I'm very curious.

Ya'll, I have got to brag on my kids. If you could have seen these 2 girls 10 or so years ago you would not think they are the same girls. They both put me through so much pure hell when they were teen agers. They were into drugs and staying out or not coming home for days at a time. They ran away. Heather, the oldest even "drove" away. She was 16 or 17 and worked at the local grocery at the time. It was a few days before Thanksgiving. We always went to my parents and would leave the Wed. before. She went to work and she never came home. I waited up all night for her. Never heard a word. I just knew she was dead somewhere or something horrible was happening to her. We went all over the place looking. We had the police looking. We called every person she knew. We had friends and neighbors out looking. It was the most awful time in my life. She was gone over a week when we finally heard from her. She and her boyfriend at the time had taken off to New Orleans in our car with no money. We had an APB out on them, too. ANyway, she was just fine. I keep telling her I hope she never has to go through anything like that with her 3 DDs.

But you know where she is today? She and her husband of almost 1 year joined the little church up the road and she is helping with Bible school this week! It even amazes her sometimes. To see her now and to think of all those times before, I am just praising God for getting her through all that and to where she is now. I can;t tell ya'll how many times all I could do was just say, "Oh Lord" and that's all. And all the prayers from friends and family that have been and still are lifted up to heaven for her I could not even say. She is a miracle! For her to be alive it's a miracle. I could write a book about her alone. I did start keeping a journal about that time. I look back in them sometimes and just cry or think how in the world did they make it? But they both did.

Now Abby, the youngest, was a real mess. She would be strung out on who knows what for weeks at a time. I had to go to the hospital several times becaues of that. One time she was pulled over and she swallowed a hand full of Zanex pills. The cop knew she had done something. So they called an ambulance and took her to the hospital. They almost lost her then. Another time she ended up in a ditch face down after being thrown from a truck. An angel saved her. A real life angel. So I have had "the call" twice about her. She's been in jail several times. That girl has been through hell and back. She is not quite where the Lord wants her yet, but her and her boyfriend went to church with his friend a few weeks ago. I will never give up hope for her. She is such a different person today. She works full time, has so many responsibilties there. Plus goes to school.

I say all this to give hope to someone who may be going through this with their kids. There is hope. And the verse in Deut. about training your children in the ways of the Lord and WHEN they stray they WILL come back to Him. They will. And please do not give up on them. Do all you can to get them back. Pray always for them. Even when they are little, pray for their future spouses. It does work. I am praying for my granddaughters that way. I talk to them about this, too. Always talk to them.

I just love my kids so much and am so thankful to God for always being with them and never letting them go. He was always with them, no matter what they did or where they were, He was there. God is SO awesome!!!!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  03:08:23 AM  Show Profile
Kristin, thank-you so much for sharing your story. I cannot imagine what is must have been like for you and but clearly God has an awesome plan for your whole family! Your daughter has experienced the darker side of life, and who knows who will cross her path and she can help them. Bin'there-dun'that right?
God Bless for sharing.

ANGIE
"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance" JUDE 1:2

http://www.pinkroomponderings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  04:41:06 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Kris, thank you for that message of hope. As long as there is life there is hope! We have put my mom through the wringer, too, and she has prayed for us all along and we are coming back around! God is so good and faithful. He is able to keep what we have entrusted to Him!

Farmgirl Sister #554
Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  06:00:04 AM  Show Profile
Kris, God truly, truly is awesome! And so are you for sharing this at this time, on this forum. Because I did need to hear it. This day, I needed to hear it.

I'm the eldest of 7 grandkids on my daddy's side of the family. And there's 7 years between myself and my baby brother and the first of my cousins. Of the 4 cousins, one is a girl, Jennifer. She's 31 now. She's a drug addict. She prostitutes herself for things she needs. For example, she was in jail this month for failure to appear. She just got out on the 27th. Her "lawyer" called her mom, her dad, and our grandmother to get bail money. As difficult as it was for them, they knew if she sat in jail long enough, she'd detox, so they refused him the money. He put up his own and got her out. She repayed him the way she has in the past when her ex-husband had her in court for sole custody of their daughter and no one would give her anymore money to pay the lawyer. (I wish I could get that man disbarred!) She ended up representing herself and did lose her daughter. She only has supervised visitation and court ordered drug testing, which she knows how to get around.

Growing up, I was always responsible for my cousins. I was their babysitter, the one who hauled them around for my aunts, the one they'd call when I was grown and they were teenagers and had gotten themselves in trouble. Jennifer's the one I've helped the most. Brian and I have driven up and down interstates, trying to find her because some man had tired of her and kicked her out of the car in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night; gone to hotel rooms to pick her up because some man took her to one, then skipped out, leaving her with the bill. I've given her money. I've fed her. I've put her up in my home. I've helped her to find jobs she never kept more than a few days if she even showed up to them. She goes through abusive men like candy, equating love for material things. And looks years older than she really is.

And I love this girl like she's my own. And it tears me up that my family talk as though they've given up hope for her when I haven't. My grandmother has specifically told me to not talk to Jennifer. My mind tells me that there's nothing I can do to help her because she doesn't want it yet. She wants me to give her another $100, all the while making promises that she'll use it to check into rehab and all the while I know it's to feed the monster for another day. But my heart is a different story. My heart just wants to wrap itself around her and take away all of her pain and the pain she's inflicted on everyone around her.

So, thank you, Kris, for listening and responding to that gentle "nudge" that prompted you to post that. I woke up with Jennifer heavy on my heart this morning and I needed it desperately. I needed to be reminded that nothing is too big for our God. That our God is so much more powerful than the worst demon drug on this planet. And that He does keep His promises. I don't know what will happen to Jennifer, but I needed the reassurance that God is still in control. And you gave it to me. Thank you! Not a day goes by when I don't pray for her and you've reminded me that God is hearing my prayers, even when it doesn't appear so.

May God bless you and your daughters beyond measure, Kris! May you see the fruits of your labors bearing out not just in your daughters, but your granddaughters as well, for generations and generations! At times it must have felt like you had no strength, but now you've strength enough to spare because that's exactly what you've given me!

~~Cherry~~

http://cherrymedarlin.blogspot.com

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  06:31:06 AM  Show Profile
Cherry, I am sorry that your family has been through such sorrow with Jennifer. Drugs are the one thing that I have sometimes been so discouraged over that I thought even God was powerless against them. I know that is silly, but I did feel that way. I battled against them for 8 years while I was married on and off again to a drug addict. I finally had to get out of there for the sake of the kids. But you are right, God hears your prayers and all things work to the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.

Have y'all sang the hymn "How Great Thou Art" recently? Oh, it is so beautiful. It paints such a beautiful picture of God's creation and what He has done and how we will see Him one day. It has stuck in my head and I have been singing it and enjoying it this whole week (except when I start singing "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, and that is Oakley's fault, but she still complains about it anyway.)!

Here is a link to the history of the hymn and the lyrics. It is truly beautiful and moving!
http://www.allaboutgod.com/how-great-thou-art.htm

Y'all have a blessed day!

Farmgirl Sister #554
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  07:15:49 AM  Show Profile
Kristin - someday your daughter will look back and remember that her mom continually prayed for her through the bad times. Keep it up! You are very inspiring in your post.

Oh, by the way, I have found a daily internet devotional that is nice...

it is called Girlfriends in God. I tried to post the link here but could not, so try and google it! It is so nice to read each day.

it looks like the address is: Girlfriends_in_God@crosswalkmail.com

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Jun 03 2009 08:01:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  12:55:08 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all for such nice words. I just wanted to let people know that no matter what your kids or anyone in your family does to not give up on them. But that doesn't mean to enable them. Those are two totally different meanings and it took me years to realize that. Like not to get them out of jail or things like that. But it does mean to love them unconditionally and pray for them without ceasing. It does mean to not let them make you feel guilty or use you. It took years for me to realize it was not my fault, too. I did the best I could and they were the ones who made the descision to do what they did. Not me. That was very hard for me because I did blame myself and my hubby, too. He started driving a truck when they were just becoming teenagers. They needed him to be home and he wasn't. He also would not discipline them. I had to do all that.

Nikki, I love that song. I always feel so close to God when I hear it or sing it. That's shoutin' music.

Shirley Jean, I will look for that. It looks interesting.

Cherry, I do hope your cousin comes to her rock bottom place real soon. Sounds like she's a mess, poor girl. But just keep loving her. Don't give her money, though. Or anything else. That's where the enabling comes from.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 Family Matters: Previous Topic Wanted-Christian Fellowship Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page