Page: of 27

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  3:26:21 PM  Show Profile
I have a Catholic Youth Bible, and it has six reading plans that focus on different themes occuring throughout the whole Bible. Or we could read books of the Bible at a time. Whatever works for everyone else.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9329 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9329 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  3:35:26 PM  Show Profile
Angela,
I will be praying for you. I think we all go through "dry" times and times when we walk the other way from God. It is difficult as our ways are not His ways. His ways are higher than ours and we will not understand everything because we are human and fallible. I haven't been on the forum in ages but today I decided to visit and came back to this thread. During these time we live in we need one another and we desperately need to cry out to God. He will hear us and answer. He always answers. Sometimes yes, sometimes no, and sometimes wait. But he does answer. I understand what you all have said about church. We go and the preaching is Biblical truth but sometimes I get tired of the "fellowship" so I stay home but that can be dangerous in that I get out of the habit. Not saying I can't spend time with God but he does say we should not forsake the gathering together of ourselves with one another. fellowship. I believe we can do that here but I also believe we need a local body to be with when there are physical needs to be met. It is not only important for our needs to be met but also to meet the needs of someone else. We never know how God will choose to use us in the life of someone else. I am not preaching just hoping that I can encourage and pray for those here.

God is good....all the time.
Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

cgonyer
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Cindy
Petersburg MI
USA
220 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  3:36:21 PM  Show Profile
I'd love to join in! I go to a wonderful church, but I'm always open to a Bible study.
~Cindy
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  3:39:12 PM  Show Profile
I'm open to anything I'm just excited about getting a study group together. Girls don't forget that I'll be having surgery April 12th, so may not connect for about a week. If you can just tell me what you'll be working on at that time, I can still study and catch up when I am able to sit at the computer. Rae what do you think about Using Megans reading plans or pick books of the bible to work on?

Blessings, Brenda

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  5:19:34 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Sending prayers your way Brenda!! Keep us updated!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  5:46:07 PM  Show Profile
Cindy, we would love for you to join in with us. Rae will probably let us all know the details. So glad to have you!!

Channah thank you sweetie!

Blessings, Brenda

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  5:46:08 PM  Show Profile
I like the reading plans Megan if you can share with us. It would be nice not to have to buy something and that way if someone discovers this they can just hop in and join us. The more the better and discussion is good as that is how we learn. We may not all agree but the most important thing we can agree on is we want to know God and walk with him. I am so excited. Let's just go at what pace works for all of us. If we spend a lot of time on something that is fine, we don't need to move on to the next until we are all ready. Does that sound ok?

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  6:04:09 PM  Show Profile
Okay, so I have six plans, each of them would be one reading a day, or however we plan on timing it. I'll list out what the themes of the plans are so we can choose.
1. Images of God
2. People Called by God
3. The Justice of God
4. Sin and Salvation
5. Why Do We Suffer?
6. (My personal favorite) Women in the Bible
Whichever one you guys want to start with is fine, then I'll post a new thread with the readings and time periods.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  6:39:09 PM  Show Profile
How about backwards, starting with 6 and back ??? If everyone agrees then let us know the name of the thread and away we go. Remember anyone can join at any time.

Thank you everyone for taking part and God Bless you all!!!

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  7:13:11 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
soo, whos leading it? Rae Or Megan or both? and how does this work? I would like to start too but not sure how long I can do this as my goat is going to have her babies soon and I will be very busy but would like to do this as long as I can. :) I may end up just reading this but it will be fun. :) So if I don't post you know that I am just reading. :)
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  7:16:38 PM  Show Profile
You got my vote for backwards! Let's start with 6

Brenda

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  7:17:46 PM  Show Profile
We need to hear from cindy!

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  7:26:41 PM  Show Profile
Brenda and everyone else interested in this, once we hear from Cindy, I will post a new thread named Bible Study. I may not be able to post for 5 days. My class trip to Washington D.C. is April 15th to the 20th, and I don't know if the hotel will have a computer I can access, but I will be reading, I promise!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  7:31:11 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
ok, I'll be reading and might join in every now and then. :)
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  7:40:24 PM  Show Profile
So glad to have you join us Channah. How about getting the information and start doing some reading and take some notes. Then we can plan to start discussion when you get back from you trip? Cindy, Rae, Channah what do you all think? Any suggestions? Rae don't let us bump you out of being our leader. Were all excited to get this started that we forget that it was your suggestion. I hope this doesn't sound rude, but I know that I can sometimes get right in there and half way take over. And I want to be told to step back if need be.

Brenda

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  8:14:53 PM  Show Profile
Okay, so we'll start the 20th? Because I get back that morning, and I don't have to go to school that day either, so I can start posting that day about the readings.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  8:19:59 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Sounds fine with me. :) So do we go through the bible and look for women in the bible? I'm not really sure how this works. Esther should have her babies by then but I'll be reading!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  8:21:08 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
oh and please don't let us get ahead of you Rae as you are leading this. :) Just tell us to step back if need be. :)
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  06:26:05 AM  Show Profile
Hi Channah! I have reading plans in my Catholic Youth Bible that are centered around certain women. I'll be posting them in a new thread.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  06:44:30 AM  Show Profile
Rae where are you?

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  07:48:31 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
She was petty busy last time I talked to her. She'll be here soon!
Thanks Megan!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  08:14:59 AM  Show Profile
Good to know Channah, I just miss hearing from her!

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  08:37:22 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I know. :) She'll be here soon!!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  11:06:32 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! My father in law has had some problems so got called into the hospital early this morning His brain is not firing right and it is due to the alcohol withdrawal. They do not know yet if it is permanent or not but when family is not there he is not nice. Hubby and I may be spending the night there tonight.

How about the 20th we start so Megan can post when she gets back. If you have books that are a part of the first study you could list them so people could read them in the meantime if ok with everyone else.

How is that sounding?
Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  11:48:27 AM  Show Profile
Oh Rae I'm so sorry about your FIL. It can get very stressful when you have a family member in the hospital. And especially when someone needs to be there as much as possible. Prayers that he will recover from this. It's such a difficult situation. And prayers for you that you can find some rest time. I was so worried that we hadn't heard from you. And now I know why, and want you to know that we can handle everything here and you can catch up when you have time. Dear sister, if there is anything we can do please let us know. BIG HUGS~~~~~~Brenda

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 Family Matters: Previous Topic Wanted-Christian Fellowship Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page