classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  7:35:05 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Tammy, it's such a comfort to have you girls so concerned and praying for all involved with this right now.

Blessings, Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  9:52:21 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I bet it was very difficult. They will be in my prayers again!!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  08:46:38 AM  Show Profile
Brenda, I just read about your friend and her family. I am so sorry, they will be in my prayers.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  08:59:05 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all for the prayer's. You are all wonderful and caring friends that I cherish very much!

Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  3:56:50 PM  Show Profile
Hi all could use some prayers. FIL had knee surgery on Monday but complications arose as he is going through severe alcohol withdrawal. Would appreciate any you can spare and on a good note for my daughter,who if she doesn't have baby before is induced Monday a.m., YIPPEEE on that one
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  5:27:30 PM  Show Profile
Oh Rae I have been thinking of you. So sorry to hear about your FIL. I do hope he has a safe recovery. That is a very difficult situtation for all involved. Prayers are being sent for his recovery and you and your family. Also I thought your new baby would be here by now. Will be thinking and praying Monday for your daughter and baby, if we don't hear anything befor then. Take care of yourself Rae. Don't get run down.

Blessings, Brenda

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  7:54:46 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Oh Rae, I am so sorry. I just now saw this. You and your FIL is in my prayers dear friend!
Hugs!!!
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  03:28:56 AM  Show Profile
Ladies, have been getting caught up on these posts. Will lift these prayer requests up! Each of you take care! Blessings to you, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  04:48:55 AM  Show Profile
Daughter and baby are doing great. Lillian made her entrance on Tuesday and they went home already yesterday!! Thank you for prayers.
FIL still struggling. One moment looks like it is ok and then...., very frustrating as it is self inflicted but still hard. Thank you for prayers.
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  05:05:02 AM  Show Profile
Rae so happy to hear mommy and baby Lillian are doing gooood and home. Pray that FIL's struggle's begin to ease. Prayers continuing. Take care! Brenda

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  10:52:46 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations about Lillian, Rae! Even though your FIL isn't doing well, you still have Lillian to be thankful for. Your family is in my prayers!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  11:13:05 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Oh that is wonderful Rae!! I love her name! You and your family are in my prayers!!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2010 :  10:08:36 AM  Show Profile
Congrats Rae on Lillian and will pray for father in law.

hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2010 :  10:29:13 PM  Show Profile
Hi! I am new to the site and stumbled across your thread. I am a struggling christian who has pretty much lost her way. I was kinda shocked at all the bible verse signatures and mentions of God and Jesus in them as well. I honestly liked the idea of religion not being talked about when I signed up. The more I read and got involved with the girls here the more I began to see that I was trying to hide. I wanted companionship and am somewhat secluded here so I decided to use the internet to find some. I am begining to think the empty feeling is my withdrawing from all things religious. I am still working on my feelings and trying to settle why I pulled away in the first place. I think I need to talk to someone and to be honest I'm quite embarrassed that I've allowed myself to take things this far. The forum offers a good bit of anonimity. It makes it easier to open up than face-to-face does. I am not strong enough to talk to anyone near me. I can't take their usual "get over it and go back to the way it was before" response. I don't know how to get over it right now and I'm still fighting with the fact that I don't totally want to yet. I am trying to read a TD Jakes book about turning your life around. I am also reaching out to all those here for suggestions on reading that might help. I have rambled on for more than long enough. I am sorry for taking so much time. I'll try not to ramble so much next time.

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  01:23:31 AM  Show Profile
Angela, dear sweetheart, You can ask and talk about anything that concerns you here. Were here to listen and pray for you. I believe that all of us have pulled back a time or two during our journey with the Lord. One thing that I have found in myself is that when I've been hurt real badly or I didn't think that my prayers were being heard, I'd pull back. But I've come to understand that what we ask for my not be God's will. He knows where he plans for you to be. And in his time, he will show that to you. Just believe! If you go to the Lord with your concerns and desire to know him better, he hears you and is right there with you at all times. There are alot of very strong ladies here that can be a help to you. Please know that we are all here to listen and suggest some ways in reaching out. I do believe that he may have led you right here, where you feel safe to open up about your feelings and struggles. Never feel embarrassed or ashamed of how you feel, we have all been there at some point or another. I am proud of you for being so honest and asking for quidance. We're here for you! Lots of love and prayers are coming your way.

Blessings, Brenda

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  05:04:33 AM  Show Profile
Angela there are times I have run as fast as I could the other way so you are far from alone. I do believe it is a part of the journey.

I believe, in faith, not religion. Yes I go to church but love the purity of the Bible and it's word, not the rules of an organization which can turn people away.

I like control of my life so really have struggled with turning it over to God. I have discovered though when he lets me take control nothing and I do mean nothing ever has gone right. Surrender has been big for me and patience. The awesome thing is God never ran away from me and has shown me what patience is really all about. I am glad you found this thread so you can chat.
We all have to take our own journey at our own pace, fall down and get back up but you will find wonderful friends here to put out a hand to help you back up.

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  05:21:29 AM  Show Profile
Angela, though I am only 14, things have happened in the past few years to my family that have made me question why God would do such things to me and my family. But then I realized that God does everything for a reason, and that he never hands you anything you can't handle. I now take it as a compliment from God that I'm stronger than other people, that this couldn't happen to them because they weren't strong enough. Even though you may be off the path a little bit, God will always take you back. I hope to talk to you soon!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  05:36:21 AM  Show Profile
thank you so much for sharing that with us Angela...i know what you mean about "hiding" I do that quite often.
peace be with you and know that we are all here for you and each other!

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"
farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  06:13:57 AM  Show Profile
Angela, I just popped in here and read back a few pages then came across your post. I thought I was reading something I wrote. I am exactly where you are. I have been going to the same church for 28 years. I love the people and the preaching. It's a growing church and God is there. But the past year or so I have changed. I don't feel close to God anymore. I have not been to church in a long time. I don't want to go. I still talk to several of my friends there and they say I am missed. I just can't put my finger on it. So I can totally understand where you are. I know we both will find our way back. Because God will never leave us. He's right there beside up.

It is so good to see so many Christian ladies here. Thanks for this thread. And Happy Easter ya'll!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  11:13:33 AM  Show Profile
What is the church thing? I go, not often enough, but have a hard time going as well but my faith gets deeper and deeper all the time through my readings and his presence. I can't quite pinpoint on the church. I do like the people but mine is a very small church with older members. The Minister is so so in my thought but....

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  11:26:27 AM  Show Profile
That is a very difficult question Rae. I wonder about it myself many times. I really need the bible studys. I've read the whole bible but still need to get deeper into it. I feel that our message on Sundays are not really getting to a overwhelming point. I think we need more to take notice. I guess I would have to say I go, and like you, not often enough, and listen and come home. Once in a while I will hear something that will make be sit up and hold on to every word. Not sure if its the message or that I'm more in tune. But give me a bible study and I'll be there with bells on. I just like the delving in and learning as much as I can. But my faith remains strong. So, I guess I was unable to answer your question. I sure hope someone can for all of us that wonder. Have a blessed day!

HUGS~~~~Brenda

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  12:09:17 PM  Show Profile
Brenda I love the Bible Studies!! In fact a couple years ago I was taking some classes through distance ed in Biblical Studies through Northwestern College in St. Paul. (Billy Graham was the second President of the school) I loved those classes and learned so much but could not afford to keep on. I do host a Bible study in my home which is a help. Hey anyone interested in starting one here???

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  12:48:35 PM  Show Profile
I would LOVE it!! Let me know when, what study, time! Thanks Rae, good idea!!!

Blessings, Brenda

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  2:25:32 PM  Show Profile
Brenda, Rae, do you have room for one more? I mean, I go to church, I go to a Catholic school, but our religion class isn't all that great, and I do want to better my faith. But going alone is so hard, so having people to talk about it with would motivate me more.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  2:29:46 PM  Show Profile
Room for anyone who wants to join us!!! What would you like to do, take books from the Bible or actual study book??? I am open and so excited!!

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 Family Matters: Previous Topic Wanted-Christian Fellowship Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page