Page: of 27

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  6:13:50 PM  Show Profile
Jeannie I will pray for you too! It is so scary with jobs and this scares me but will really be nice for what we want to do with our farm.

God Bless you all
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  8:15:10 PM  Show Profile
Jennie, I understand how your feeling, My DH got laid off Dec. 15 and so far no job offers. If it wasn't for unemployment I don't know what we'd do. He has never been without work and this is very hard for him. I worry and can't sleep well, just not knowing what is to come. But, I know that the Lord will guide us where he wants us.Tom puts in resume's everyday so we have to put in God's hands. DH will be 61 in June and we know that is really against him. But hang in there girlfriend, if you just want to vent, email me and I'll be there for you. Sometimes it just helps to throw out ideas and see what someone can offer to help you see things a different way. We must remember that we are not alone. There are thousands out there looking for work. We need to hang together.
Blessings are shared with a friend, Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  03:10:07 AM  Show Profile
The job market stinks, our daughter graduated from college in May and has sent out over 200 resumes.... she has a part time job at Old Navy and now is finally getting some interviews, not a lot but one here and there, before nothing. At least she has us to help, what little we can but for a hubby it would be very hard. It is a part of who they are the man who takes care. My prayers out there for you all!!! and for your husbands.

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  10:14:18 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Prayers sent for you all! I know the lord is in control!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

jelliott
True Blue Farmgirl

70 Posts

Jennifer
Athol Idaho
USA
70 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  11:06:48 PM  Show Profile
Hey there all,
What a refreshing site. I am so glad that I found it. First off could I please ask for prayers for our daughter in law, she is three months pregnant and just had to have surgery for her appendix and they said it might result in a miscarriage. Her and the son are so worried, as are we.

But knowing that God is good I also know that God will ultimately decide and will go with whatever the will is. Also know that prayer works.

I like Max Lucado books, have read several of his and enjoy them all.

I recently went to a cello camp and while there had an amazing time, but the one thing that was abundantly clear was the everyone there was so helpful, ie: there was one cellist struggling to get her notes in a place and four other crowded around her and stated that if she couldn't get the notes as written they would all help her to rewrite the music so she could feel successful. That is what I think a church should be like. Let's build each other up and help each other in their lives so everyone feels great about what they are doing.

Thanks for being here.

If music be the food of Love, play on. Wm. Shakespeare
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  6:30:45 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies,
I could use some prayer as there is a possibility of a teacher being cut at my Christian school. I just got through a job loss with my hubby and so thankful God blessed with a job he really likes but am a bit nervous about my own. I know it is in God's hands but we are very close at my small school and the thought of someone not being there next year saddens me a great deal. We could know by the end of this next week.

thank you so much ladies. I just love this thread.

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  03:19:24 AM  Show Profile
Tammy prayers your way. I too work in education and it is so sad the number of teachers and staff that get laid off.

I ask for my daughter and her husband, my daughter is due any day to have a baby and it looks like her husband will have to have surgery next week and could be out of work up to 6 months!! Please pray that he recovers quickly and the stress doesn't harm my daughter and baby.

Thank you all
Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  04:12:37 AM  Show Profile
Tammy the schools are in alot of trouble right now. My DH was laid off in Dec. he worked for building and grounds. No job so far. And my daughter is a para at the same school and they have just laid off 8 parent and teachers and shes just so afried she could be next. So sweetie my prayers are being sent that you still have your job and that the ones that have been laid off can soon find something.

Rae prayers are coming that your DD and baby will be fine through this stressful time. I also for DSIL that his surgery goes well and a fast recovery. And also for you my dear friend, that all this does not get you down. You must take care of yourself also. Prayer's for safe and healthy birth,successful surgery and confort for our DS.

I do want both of you to know that we are here for you, anytime, anyway.

Blessings, Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  10:52:03 AM  Show Profile
hello all, we made a decision and it is certainly a GOD thing We bought 40 acres and are paying off the bills.

It just feel so right and so good on both accounts. we need the land to be farming and the bills gone to be farming. Now have one payment that is half the amount of what we were paying out each month, God is fantastic!!!

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  11:56:06 AM  Show Profile
Rae,
Congrats on getting your land. That is wonderful to hear. God is so good. I will also be praying for DD and hubby as well. Brenda saying a prayer for your daughter too. Thank you all for praying I will keep you updated as I find out more about my school. it is so nice to have sisters praying for ya. God amazes me at how he takes care of our hearts.

blessings on your day
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  2:42:46 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
That is wonderful Rae!! I am so happy for you!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  8:51:40 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, I'm sorry about the teacher at your school. My grade school is going through huge changes as well. Our principal was fired, and right now we have two campuses, but we are consolidating down to one. Many of the teachers will be out of a job next year. But I know God will bless them in His ways.
Rae, congrats on buying the land!
God's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  05:00:38 AM  Show Profile
Keep us informed on your job. Hoping no one gets laid off at ours but...I am lucky as I am safe, I have seniority in the dept I work and our numbers are too high.

Prayers that family members will stay out of our business Always one in the bunch.
Thanks
Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  10:12:33 AM  Show Profile
I just found this!! Awesome for fellowship!! Now I will read up on the prior posts. Lots to go thru. God bless your day ladies!

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  7:40:48 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Country at heart...so glad you have joined us.

blessings
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  8:14:39 PM  Show Profile
My daughter came home today and they had told several teachers that they would not be back next year. She said all other teachers will know by April and the para's will know around May. The waiting is so hard. Prayers for all that are uneasy about their security with their jobs.

Blessings, Brenda

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  03:22:34 AM  Show Profile
It is so hard in education as seems everyone is cutting yet they want us to teach more and more Prayers out to all who are worried about jobs, or recently lost one.

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  07:18:20 AM  Show Profile
Girls, I have a special request. My best friend from high school lost her niece yesterday after a horrible golf cart accident. She lived in Witchta Kansas a was playing golf when her golf cart hit something and threw her and the cart down a hill and it landed on her. It took medical asst. 25 mins to revive her. Was on life support but could not find any brain waves. She died yesterday morning at the age of 15. Please add her family in your prayers at this very sad and lonely time. My friend lost her son, soon to be 2 yrs. and is taking this very hard. It pains me to see her going through this again. She has a strong faith, but still very difficult.
Blessings, Brenda

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  1:20:18 PM  Show Profile
Oh Brenda they are in my prayers, how awful Sending them to you also to have the strength to help her through this.

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  4:14:22 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Rae, it just tears me about so see them so lonely and sad. They just moved closer to me a couple of months ago. I do feel the Lord has sent them here so we could be together. I know the Lord will keep them close and that all prayer's will help. Again thank you.

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  2:49:20 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
That is terrible Brenda! She is in my prayers!!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  3:17:48 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Channah, the funeral was yesterday and very difficult. She said all the kids from school was there and very touching the comments they made. She's trying to be strong for her nephew and his family.

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  6:21:16 PM  Show Profile
Oh Brenda:
How sad. They are all in my prayers. God Bless.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  6:51:39 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Marly, I just talked to her and it's so hard on my end to emotions in check. It just hurts to know she's hurting so. Prayers are the answer, thank you.

Blessings, Brenda

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  7:00:57 PM  Show Profile
Oh Brenda, I am so sorry to hear this. I will certainly keep them and you in prayers.

Blessings
Tammy

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 Family Matters: Previous Topic Wanted-Christian Fellowship Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page