True Blue Farmgirl

9327 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9327 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2009 :  03:11:53 AM  Show Profile
Cindy,
God's Word does say we should not forsake the gathering together of ourselves. The purpose of the church is for the edification of the saints.
I do hope you will continue looking for a church. And btw, you will never find a perfect church. There is no such thing because we are all fallen beings......but for the grace of God.

God is good....all the time.
Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2009 :  03:14:26 AM  Show Profile
Cindy I understand what you are saying, that is why I don't really care for "religion" I love faith and God. The religion seems to get caught up on church rules which can change with the seasons.
I go to a very small church also where I am a younger person (53) but I do like the congregation. The pastor is sometimes ok but sometimes rambles and doesn't quite make sense. This is a family church for me as I am the 4th generation there.
When I took Biblical Studies classes I took them through a college that was non-denominational and studied the Bible so I could learn that better and not what the church laws are. I love knowing I can talk to God no matter where I am and that he is always with me.
yes we are sinful but through God's grace we are forgiven when we ask and his love is amazing!!! Ok now I am starting to ramble
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9327 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9327 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2009 :  07:44:13 AM  Show Profile
Good points Rae! We do attend church but we have not joined the membership as we don't agree with the stuff they put forth to have a member sign. I don't believe you have to be a member of a church. Only a member of the body of Christ.
I do enjoy the fellowship of other believers.

Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  04:33:19 AM  Show Profile
A lot of people go to churches without joining, nothing wrong with it. Fellowship is good.

When a person finds the right fit they know. I feel bad that some churches are beginning to act like big business instead of God's house,speaking about him.

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9327 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9327 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  4:35:28 PM  Show Profile
Rae, how true. I have recently heard in the church we attend how "we" have to grow the church and the reason was because there is not enough funds for all the projects. I thought God grew the church?!

Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  4:39:21 PM  Show Profile
just wondering what everyone is up to lately?

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"
farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  4:43:12 PM  Show Profile
Praising God and learning to lean, Melanie...lots of learning to lean :)
hugs,

Jessie

People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out,
but when the darkness sets in,
their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  4:50:21 PM  Show Profile
What a great topic! Just wanted to stop in and say hey!!! Lots of wisdom here!!!
If anyone has a mind to, I am open to emails or snail mail!!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  5:46:09 PM  Show Profile
Bonnie sent an email to you.

Well lets see been awhile here for a lot of us. Just about done with the shopping end which kind of ruins the season for me. I just like to focus on the happy ever after movies on tv and the real reason we celebrate, Jesus. Working on my attitude and trying to keep it always a half full glass instead of half empty. Things are tough but we really are blessed, we have a home, jobs and our animals. I think often we forget to thank the good Lord for all he gives and has given us when things get tough as well as when they are good.

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  05:45:55 AM  Show Profile
I'm almost done with shopping too and I have gotten just about everything wrapped. I have been enjoying alot of the local church Christmas programs and of course the movies on Hallmark and the Family Channel. I didnt put up awhole lot of Christmas decor this yr. Trying to keep it simple and not over stressed. Rae I too am working hard on my attitude sometimes its hard to put that smile on when it seems as though everything is going to pot. I know God is working but my flesh looks at the worst. I know most of us are all going thru alot, Im praying we all will come out the head and not the tail. Jesus is the reason for the season so lets celebrate him and not what we dont have. Blessings, Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kayce
True Blue Farmgirl

290 Posts

Kayce
Sebring FL
USA
290 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  06:03:35 AM  Show Profile
Karen,
I totally get ya about "I know God is working but my flesh looks at the worst." I am trying to learn to be what God really expects of me. Not that the glass is half full or empty but truely know that I'm blessed cause I have a glass. LOL, I may have just figured out a tag line for me, finally.
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  08:33:18 AM  Show Profile
Way to go Kayce!!! God does really bless us all so much and we deserve none. It just completely amazes me how much he loves us!! Life is so much better when I leave the control in Gods' hands and ladies believe me that is one HARD thing for me to do
May his light shine bright on each and everyone one of you.
Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  09:00:29 AM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Rae, I love the truth in what you said...we don't deserve any of the love and grace God has made available to us through His son Jesus, yet He loves and gives it because it's who He is, it's His character etc...Anyway, love what you said, thanks for the reminder!

Say to them, may the Lord bless you and protect you, May the Lord smile upon you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you His favor and give you His peace. (Numbers 6:23-26)

.• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
((¸¸.•´ ..• -:¦:- -:¦:- Chandra
-:¦:- ((¸¸.•´Farmgirl Sister #64

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  10:05:07 AM  Show Profile
shopping half done...storm kinda put a stop to my shopping...christmas cookies baked, some presents wrapped and just thankful our sweet JEsus loves me even when I have an attitude....that is bah humbug

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2009 :  07:12:08 AM  Show Profile
looking out the window right now and seeing the snow falling lightly, I feel blessed to be in a warm safe house and thankful for the vision to see such a beautiful sight

farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

Kayce
True Blue Farmgirl

290 Posts

Kayce
Sebring FL
USA
290 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2009 :  1:33:20 PM  Show Profile
I just went out to do a small bit of Christmas shopping. Even when there are clear signes about how the line is supposed to go. "Start of line here" "Exit" people still cut in line and make a stink about who was first and junk. It was hard just to hold my tongue to explain politely she was in the wrong or to even comment on the person that was infront of me that made a comment to me. I just smiled and shrugged my shoulders. I was trying to think to myself we all have probably have had those days of being confused etc. It was worth more to me not to upset her or make waves and let her think she was right. I thought to myself, lol, that was a good deed for today. (small but good) I think the Holy Spirit was wrapping me in his love.

Learning to appreciate having a glass..not half full or empty..just thankful for a glass :)
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2009 :  6:59:06 PM  Show Profile
I think it was wonderful what you did Kayce. I don't know if I would have been able to hold my tongue.

Blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2009 :  03:36:43 AM  Show Profile
It is really sad that Christmas, of all holidays, so often brings out the worst in people I think the retail market is a big part of blame and greed. Why is it so much has to be bought, what happened to the one or two gifts for a person? That is the only part I really really dislike is the shopping. We have cut way back and will do even more next year but it is tough when everyone/thing around you says spend!!
Anyway....Merry Christmas and a very Blessed New Year to you all!!!
XXXOOO
Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2009 :  04:37:51 AM  Show Profile
Rae, Im with you I stuck to my one gift for most and mom 2 gifts the kids a few more but not near as many as Christmas's past I want to get back to the basis, Jesus birthday and time spent with family. Merry Christmas to you! Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

coffeemom
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Melody
Carlinville IL
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2009 :  8:26:29 PM  Show Profile
I am so thankful to find other farm girls who love the Lord and desire fellowship here! Count me in, girls.
Melody
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2009 :  5:25:31 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Melody !

farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2009 :  6:10:18 PM  Show Profile
Years ago we started drawing names with our kids. We each got one gift, with a price limit. Now that my kids are all grown and starting families, we still draw names for each family unit, instead of individuals. Still have a price limit. It works great! My 2 married girsl with be with their in-laws for Christmas, so we had our Christmas last night. It was great. Low key and lots of fun. We played a game one of the 'units' got. Fun! Its called "What's yours like?" Its a hoot!

Kayce, I am proud of you for just smiling. I think people are getting krankier as time goes on. You did well!

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2009 :  10:35:35 AM  Show Profile
Has anyone read "Created to be his helpmeet"??,
by Debi Pearl.
It is wonderful, to teach us all how to respect our DHs more...

Farmgirl Sister #368
~~~**Terri**~~~
My blog is up again, please go and read....
http//thecontentedwoman.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Kayce
True Blue Farmgirl

290 Posts

Kayce
Sebring FL
USA
290 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2009 :  12:28:40 PM  Show Profile
I will put that on my list to read. I sure do need help in that dept. I am reading Marriage Covenant by Derek Prince. Geesh sure do wish I knew this stuff when I was younger.

Learning to appreciate having a glass..not half full or empty..just thankful for a glass :)
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2009 :  12:34:44 PM  Show Profile
My daughter is reading that book Terri. She is really enjoying it. She is married to a pastor, and I think all the pastor's wives on staff are reading it togther.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 Family Matters: Previous Topic Wanted-Christian Fellowship Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page