levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9327 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9327 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  7:04:42 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Rae. I managed to get some things done. Even though I only work part time there are times when I feel overwhelmed at all that gets neglected at home. It seems I just barely keep up. But yet I am busy most of the time.
I do appreciate your prayers.

God is good....all the time.
Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  03:40:37 AM  Show Profile
Denise I can really relate to you right now as I am going through the same. I am so tired after work and there is so much to do and I would rather be home. Just need to get myself focused and pay off some bills so I can do that!
Take care
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9327 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9327 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  04:41:42 AM  Show Profile
It's nice when you know others struggle with the same thing.
what is that? "Misery loves company"?
No, really it's easier to pray for someone, I think, when you can understand a bit better what they are going through. It is off to work today.
They gave us our schedules ahead so that helps a bit for me to plan my days anyway. Sometimes there is no real plan though. I think I need to start doing that. Maybe it would help.

Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2009 :  9:03:16 PM  Show Profile
I love to share tea and my journey with God with dear friends. I am a big fan of Beth Moore and I have read Kay ARthur as well. I just finished a book called Scouting the Divine and really made me look at my journey with God in a new way. To me church is just part of the picture in the journey. It is to me being personal with God. If you can't get personal then what is there?

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2009 :  05:22:24 AM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
I agree Tammy! God designed us for a personal relationship with Him...and the journey is about learning to walk with Him. Faith to believe He's walking with us, hope that He's @ work to give us a future, and experiencing His love for us is the ultimate goal.

Blessings indeed!

.• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
((¸¸.•´ ..• -:¦:- -:¦:- Chandra
-:¦:- ((¸¸.•´Farmgirl Sister #64

She considereth a field, and buyeth it; with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
Proverbs 31:16
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9327 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9327 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2009 :  10:08:12 AM  Show Profile
Tammy,
Welcome. So nice to have you join us here. Hope you will be encouraged too!

Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2009 :  2:37:49 PM  Show Profile
Tammy you really nailed that one, if you can't be personal with God who can you be?? He is so awesome and forgiving which I am thankful for many times a day.
I just feel his presence so strong as we make decisions on our farm, even regarding the price I charge for things. I know God has plan for us to help others through our farm so...
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...

Go to Top of Page

marcy jo
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Marcy
Wawaka Indiana
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2009 :  10:39:54 AM  Show Profile  Send marcy jo a Yahoo! Message
My husband and I just started going back to church. There are so many things that we need to work on as individuals and as a couple. The most important is putting God first. I know that once that happens the rest falls into place. Its great that I found this thread its just what I need.

Marcy #257

http://marcysmarket.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2009 :  12:34:41 PM  Show Profile
Marcy,
I will be praying for yall. God will be with you all the way. He never lets us fall from His heart.

Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.
Go to Top of Page

Lynner
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Sheri
Missouri
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2009 :  3:33:19 PM  Show Profile
Marcy Jo,
I am so happy for you. I have always believed after 32 years of marriage, that because God was always the center of our home and relationship, we were able to get through just about anything. God and communication have been the two strongest things in our marriage and have kept us together. We have had many heart aches, however, we were able to get through them because God was always there to direct us.
Sounds like you have gotten through the hardest step. Getting started. It is hard to get back to going to church when you have not been regular for a while. So I say good for you and may God bless you as you learn and grow.
Sheri

Many Hands Make Light Work!

...God made the seed to grow...1 Cor 3:6

The best fertilizer for a farm, are the farmers footsteps...

Edited by - Lynner on Oct 26 2009 3:34:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2009 :  11:55:51 AM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
As a child, I used to love to go to church because both of my parents sang, beautifully. That's what I remembered was hearing my parents voices in song.

It was @ vacation Bible school, where someone showed me a picture of "Jesus" (I've since learned He won't look anything like the picture) and the young woman said He was my "friend" & that He loves me. I can still remember how I felt. I absolutely believed it, felt it, knew it, needed it!!! and I know that's when I first believed. I won't go into "why" what that woman said so simply had such a profound affect...I am just so glad I heard her! I've been to a lot of churches, most of them I remember as nothing more than social outlets.

As a teen I attended what was called a fundamentalist, non-denominational Bible Church. It was small and personal and it had simple wood pews and a beautiful carving of Isaiah 9:6
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace

Anyway, that church set the standard for me...the men had incredible hearts for God and the teaching was fundamental by today's standards, but I loved and still miss those teachers. I understood that Jesus died for me, for all of us, and it was there I received Christ as my personal Savior.

The church offered an after-school program similar to girl scouts...that's where I learned to knit. WooHoooo!!!!

Now, all these years later, I live in a different state & attend a large Bible church. Our pastor is annointed for sure, so is our new music ministry leader, Joel Sprayberry! I have developed wonderful friendships with several women I met in different Bible studies.

One of the comments I've seen posted over and over again is about staying home from church.
I think one of the points I wanted to make with this post is how much I relate to not having any desire to go to church some days, some weeks, even months. My relationship with God is so real, fulfilling, & incredible, but my love for God, my deepened relationship with Jesus is more from my time @ home, my quiet-time with God & daily devotionals, from personal situations that God has loved me through...my walk with God is 7 days a week and I've often felt like it's way more than I can do some Sunday's to have to get up and get ready like I do for a job. I realize @ those times, I've lost sight of the reason I go, which is my relationship with God, and it's turned into attendance more to keep up appearances. I think we all have seasons where we want fellowship and we attend church services, or we don't so we'll seek God in our own quiet time & devotionals & He speaks to that desire in that season.

When I meet folks @ church or work that are especially irritating, I think back to something a woman from my hometown Bible church used to tell me..."those folks are your sandpaper, they're there to smooth off all your rough edges" ... but, before I let my self get sanded too much by the same "sandpaper", I think about the scripture that admonishes us to avoid strife...so, some Sunday's I feel like I just want to bust out in song with all the folks @ church & I look forward to our pastor and his message, all designed to worship God, and other Sunday's I feel like I just need quiet fellowship with my Lord, so I stay home. All in all, Jesus is my friend, He loves me, He's my Savior and I love Him with all of my life!

She considereth a field, and buyeth it; with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.

Edited by - MasterGardener on Oct 28 2009 11:58:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

HeatherAnn
True Blue Farmgirl

187 Posts

Heather
Rancho Cucamonga CA
USA
187 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2009 :  12:00:02 PM  Show Profile
thank you for that, Chandra!

Heather Ann
Apartment Farmgirl

"You got to look at all the good on one side and all the bad on the other and say 'Well, alright then.'" - Aunt Eller, Oklahoma

www.plumblossomknits.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Lynner
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Sheri
Missouri
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2009 :  1:06:05 PM  Show Profile
Wow Chandra, what a beautiful testimony. It was a pleasure and an encouragement to read it. Reminds me of all we have in Christ.
Thanks for that,
Sheri

Many Hands Make Light Work!

...God made the seed to grow...1 Cor 3:6

The best fertilizer for a farm, are the farmers footsteps...
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2009 :  7:34:28 PM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Rae, have you ever seen the book by Dave Ramsey called Financial Peace Revisited? It's a great book, maybe it's available from the library. Your posts mention financial challenges, & I can only tell you that following Dave's advice in that book, which is based on Biblical principles, my husband and I are experiencing greater peace, as we work to become debt free. Dave teaches using "baby steps" to get control of finances. His story is one of being hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt, losing everything, and how he learned about money after that so he'd never have to be in that position again. Dave has been a financial advisor for about 20 yrs, and now he teaches people how to take control of their finances rather than their finances controlling them. We've been paying off debt for about a year. It hasn't been easy, but the results in our marriage and our finances have been well worth it. Dave also has a show on Fox, and a radio broadcast in the evenings. His web site is www.DaveRamsey.com , and that will have air times.
Dave has a very different attitude about paying creditors and so on. He makes it clear that food, home, utilities and transportation take precidence over credit cards when families are in financial crisis. We are responsible for the money we've borrowed, but he teaches how to do that & we don't have to let financial institutions bully us. I can't articulate just how important this book was in our marriage and our life. We're attending Dave's Financial Peace University through our church. It's amazing how much less frantic and frightened I feel after some of the baby steps were taken.

Father God, I praise and thank You for Your blessing and prospering all of the finances of the women that participate in this Christian fellowship, claiming it, speaking it, believeing as though it is, in Jesus' precious name. Amen.

Edited by - MasterGardener on Oct 28 2009 7:37:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2009 :  04:45:25 AM  Show Profile
Chandra thank you. I will check out the book. I have not heard of him so will also check website for times on Fox. I see a small light at the end of my tunnel and just this morning in prayer asked God for guidance and strength in this matter so how appropriate I would read this post right after. How can people say there is no God??

I know I can feel God's presence so much more out here in the country. I think cause I can find quiet time easier and we are getting back to the basics of living, the life I know God has planned for us. I sell extra eggs and have now been selling some of my knitting/crocheting dish cloths and pot holders. I sell them all cheap because I have felt that is what God wants from us, to share what we have and not charge a lot. Does that make sense, I know in my head it is what I feel he is telling me but sometimes my words don't.
Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2009 :  05:58:24 AM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Rae, I completely agree with that "feeling" that God is at work in our country, all over the world! I believe what the the Bible says about a time when the world will experience a Holy Spirit revival. I believe we are experiencing that revival. I also believe there is a "line" being drawn, people will be required to make a choice. I choose Jesus, and I am experiencing what "feels" like opposition; because the enemy doesn't want Christians to win, prosper, experience the promises of God, so we must overcome by increasing our efforts to pray, read the Bible, walk in love and forgiveness, get our personal lives right with God, basically, get our "house in order". I encourage you to look @ Dave's book,using it has begun a good work in my life, it's helping us get our "house in order".
I believe the Holy Spirit is @ work in all of our lives, providing comfort, support like what we've found here on this forum. Amazing grace in our lives.
I am in a marriage that is "unequally yoked" and I am experiencing opposition,the opposition seems to be escalating, so finding this thread, sharing faith experiences with otherr like-minded" Jesus believers is very important to me; I am so grateful for all of the women that share their faith and encouragement here on this thread. I agree with you about your approach, getting back to the basics. It is contrary to what the "world" considers successful, but I have yet to fit in with what the world has come to, which is why the MJFarmgirl connection meant so much to me when I found it, and it has become even more meaningful since I found reinforcement through this thread.
I am very interested in creating a sustainable homestead, much like what you're doing with eggs, etc. ...because I see the gov't's intention to eliminate any self-sufficiency in it's people, it seems all the more important to return to the values of our Creator, Sustainer, God.
I believe food may become a form of currency...and I believe that is part of why there is such a resurgence of small farmers, organic lifestyle, etc.
I love the scripture one of the women posted, I hope there won't be any objections as I use it now: "That you also aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your own hands. That you may walk properly toward those who are outside (the faith) and that you may lack nothing." 1st Thes. 4: 11-12. This so aptly describes how I feel, what I aspire to...not the world's definition of success, but what God has placed in my heart.

This is the link I use to find scripture when I can't find it in my concordance: http://www.biblegateway.com/ It has the option to look up key words or passages. Has many different versions to choose from, all the inspired Word of God.

I love and repeat Psalms 37:6-9 The first verse is "Trust in the Lord, and do good - so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed"

the whole scripture is like a blueprint for how to live in God's plan...but that one verse speaks to what you said, so, to me, what you said makes perfect sense!

I love Joel Osteen's little book: 30 Thoughts for Victorious Living, & I'm using this w/o permission, but I love it...

DECLARE BLESSING
Say to them, may the Lord bless you and protect you, May the Lord smile upon you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you His favor and give you His peace. (Numbers 6:23-26)

Edited by - MasterGardener on Oct 29 2009 07:15:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2009 :  06:39:47 AM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Well, Rae, as I re-read your post, I see you said "I know I can feel God's presence so much more out here in the country. I think cause I can find quiet time easier and we are getting back to the basics of living, the life I know God has planned for us." and my response would have been a bit different if I'd read it right the first time, yet, all in all, I believe we're on the same page. I agree about feeling God's presence more in the country, I live in a very rural area, am home, by the grace of God and my husband's provision, and I feel such a strong resistance toward interactions away from here, but I have to tell myself that I am a vessel for Jesus to live through...it's frightening, but like someone posted earlier, when I was a young Christian, I didn't want to go where God might send me, or want to do what God might call me to do, thinking the requirements were more than I could aspire to, and I wound up in so much more difficult circumstances than if I'd just decided then to humble myself & make every effort to do as the Holy Spirit was prompting and believe God had only my ultimate good in mind, it's not me, but Christ that liveth in me...that's a difficult concept to live out in daily life. Every day I am faced with the same decision...to choose life, to choose joy, and to trust that God is @ work in and behind and in front of the circumstances to ensure my good, His good. So, today, I put on my armor, claim the fruits of the spirit, and praise God that He controls the outcome!

Rae, I'm gonna believe our day will be blessed with and in His presence!

Say to them, may the Lord bless you and protect you, May the Lord smile upon you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you His favor and give you His peace. (Numbers 6:23-26)

Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2009 :  06:52:02 AM  Show Profile
thank you all for what you share here. Aren't we blessed to have such a place to be able to come and share even if we live miles apart. Hugs indeed!!!

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"
farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

marcy jo
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Marcy
Wawaka Indiana
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2009 :  07:45:40 AM  Show Profile  Send marcy jo a Yahoo! Message
Thank you for the prayers ladies! It's amazing to me how God works through us. It seems like each day He is answering one prayer or another for me and the path seems to get just a bit wider!

Marcy #257

http://marcysmarket.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2009 :  1:52:11 PM  Show Profile
This is such a great thread and being able to share and people get it. I think that we are to go back to basics because God does provide.

I had a dream a few years after my Grandma died where she came to have a talk with me. She told me I would find all my answers if I would only go back to the basics. I have not had any more dreams of her talking to me so I know God used her to tell me and I finally get it. I thank God all the time for never giving up on me. I am sure I must give him a good laugh when I try to do things on my own cause I know I can't and always end up admitting it

The world is really trying to eliminate anything Christian so I believe we really do have to stay strong and to the path that God has chosen for us.

May God Bless all you wonderful women!!!
Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2009 :  3:11:12 PM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Rae, for sharing about your grandma, about "getting it."
I am grateful also, that God hasn't given up on me.
I believe God is drawing us to Him, as though He's a big magnet.
I'm all for that! His principles, His values, His tried and true basics!

Where I struggle is maintaining clarity about what's His plan, what's mine, so that I'm doing what He's created me for & what He provides sustenance for. One way I'm sure I'm in line with His plan, is the feeling of vitality & energy that is present when I'm doing work that I love. Being obedient to what I know to do.

Thank you for the blessings Rae!

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2009 :  12:44:01 PM  Show Profile
Chandra I ordered the book today so should have it by end of the week.

How is everyone doing? Prayers please for my daughter, she is having some problems with her pregnancy.

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2009 :  12:59:47 PM  Show Profile
Chandra, I really enjoy your posts. I grew up in a fundamentalist church, "old school" and remember clearly the painting on our wall downstairs. It was the one of Jesus and all the children of different culture and color crowded around his feet. That picture, and it was a big painting, still lives clearly in my mind. My time alone with the Saviour is my favorite. Prayer and quiet time, and time spent reading the scripture. That makes me feel closest to Him and in communication with Him. Thanks for your posts!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2009 :  5:43:13 PM  Show Profile
I found a new church to go to in a neighboring town. One of my friends, who was actually one of my Bible camp counselors way back in the early '90s, goes there now with her family. It's a small congregation of about 20 or so ppl, and there are no young ppl (or ppl my age). They are either 45+ or under 18 (except for my friend & her family). I like the church & I will likely go again soon. It was nice, simple, & home like :). (Except I'm taking my own Bible - it takes a lot to decipher the KJV)

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2009 :  11:18:48 PM  Show Profile
I've been to liberal churches, conservative churches, pentecostal churches--even once to a Christian Science church. But I still can't seem to find a church that I feel fully comfortable with. I've been to a church where the people didn't believe that Jesus really rose from the dead, that it didn't really matter, etc. did I mention that this particular denomination has been referred to as a "dying church"? I've been to a pentecostal service where people were speaking in tongues, all at the same time, and no one was interpreting--doesn't strike me as very Biblical. I've been to a church where the pastor claimed that all Catholics were going to hell (I was raised Catholic.) I'd like to find a church where I fit in--one that is very traditional--I think I would have been happy to live in the Middle Ages. I love the Catholic faith, but I hate the corruption that goes on in such a large and powerful denomination. So I've been staying away from church. I find that I feel closest to God when I'm outdoors, walking through the woods, smelling the crisp autumn leaves. I guess I'm a Celtic Christian, because I stay in touch with the natural world, celebrate the seasons, etc. But I don't know any other Celtic Christians--I doubt there are any around here in my neck of the woods. So I'm wondering if anyone else out there considers themselves to be a Celtic Christian? It gets lonely without other people to celebrate my love of God with and love of the world He created. I believe that the deepest thing within us is not our sinfulness, but our desire to be at union with the One who created us. I know, from experience, that holiness is found within, not from without.
Cindy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 Family Matters: Previous Topic Wanted-Christian Fellowship Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page