mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2009 :  06:08:53 AM  Show Profile
fall is my favourite time of the year. God is so good to us each year at harvest time. I heard the other day this from a child,in reference to getting food at a farmers market "God makes it, the farmer grows it, momma cooks it, and we eat it" Amen!

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"
farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9325 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9325 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2009 :  6:52:05 PM  Show Profile
Sheri,
I have read both those and they are very good books. I will have to look for the other by Beth Moore.
Thanks!

God is good....all the time.
Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2009 :  7:04:31 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls, I sure could use your prayers. I started CNA classed this week. It is being offered for free at one of the local Long Care/Rehab facilities here in town. I have been so overwhelmed and so emotional. I know it is because it is such a new direction for me with my husbands passing and all. The past few days have been such a roller coaster ride. My brain is swimming with all the info we are recieving. Sometimes I feel like I can do this or that I am not ready to work with people who are sick and dying. I spoke with my instructor, who was very encouraging, in fact, she totally understood where I was at as she lost her first husband.

I know, 'I can do all things through Christ who strenghens me', I guess I am just needed a whole lot to get through this. If you think of me, please pray, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

HeatherAnn
True Blue Farmgirl

187 Posts

Heather
Rancho Cucamonga CA
USA
187 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2009 :  9:50:45 PM  Show Profile
oh i'm excited someone mentioned beth moore! I just started her video/workbook combo study on Esther with my womens group, it's pretty great so far! And Beth moore is a really cute little lady, I like her :)

I'll let you gals know how the study is going as we get a little further along, maybe it's worth doing for you too!

And Julia, I just prayed for you right now! My church has been pushing this thing to pray for people where you are at, the grocerie store, gas station, work, online, whatever - instead of saying I WILL pray for you, just do it! So, I did. Just to let you know!

Heather Ann
Apartment Farmgirl

"You got to look at all the good on one side and all the bad on the other and say 'Well, alright then.'" - Aunt Eller, Oklahoma

www.plumblossomknits.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Lynner
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Sheri
Missouri
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2009 :  04:23:43 AM  Show Profile
Julia,
I prayed for you also. And would like to encourage you to think of it in one thing at a time. When Elizabeth Elliot lost her husband many years ago as a missionary, living in a jungle with small children, someone asked her what she would do. She replied, first, I will change my babies diaper, then I will take a shower. Sometimes, difficulties have to be dealt with just one thing a time. And really, that is how we live. So, instead of looking at the whole picture at one time, try, one thing at a time. And when you look back at yesterday, you will see how far you have come. Also, thank you, thank you for being willing to do what it takes to help others through life. This is very much a part of everyones life, and we need you, and others like you, to usher us through it all. Just think of the blessing you are and will be, to those struggling physically. Which is also a part of everyday life. But, God will use you as a blessing to each of those people, and you will make a difference, in how they get through it all, even to the end. It is a hard part of life, but praise God for people like you, who get to usher people into Gods presence. And make the hard part for all of us, a little lighter. You will be Gods hands to many sick and recovering too.
God bless you,
Sheri

Many Hands Make Light Work!

...God made the seed to grow...1 Cor 3:6

The best fertilizer for a farm, are the farmers footsteps...

Edited by - Lynner on Sep 24 2009 04:25:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2009 :  04:27:46 AM  Show Profile
Julia prayers just went up for you. I also stop when I read this and pray right away otherwise I am afraid I may forget as the day goes on.

Heather do let me know how the study goes. I host a small Bible study in my home. We are doing John by Beth Moore right now, just the book. I love watching her! She is so effective in getting the message to you with both humor and tears.

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2009 :  05:35:31 AM  Show Profile
Prayers said Julia! Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2009 :  10:53:42 PM  Show Profile
Thanks girls so much for the prayers. I really felt them today as I was taking my test. I literally breezed through it. It almost scared me how quickly I got it done. I missed 2, but one the instructor told me she was going to give me anyway as it was close enough. It really boosted my confidence. I think I can do this thing. I am really exhausted after this first week, but it is a good tired, a successful tired. I am so grateful to the Lord for His mercy and strength today. Thank you again for your kindness and prayers, it means a lot!!!! Blessings!

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  04:47:41 AM  Show Profile
Julia congratulations!!! Keep the faith and know God is always cheering for you as we all are!!
Keep us posted!
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...

Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  3:03:10 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Rae. Today I am just plain tired, and I have 1 and 1/2 chapters to do before Monday. I have been playing with my grandboy all day, rather do that than study anytime!!!

St. Augustine

Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  4:16:35 PM  Show Profile
Julia, Praying for energy,and retainage for you! I think anything is better that studying, so glad you had time to play with your grandson! Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2009 :  6:55:22 PM  Show Profile
Thanks to those of you who have been praying for me. Today we had our final over all the class room stuff. I got 100%! I was floored! God is so good!!! Monday we start 2 weeks of being in on the floor putting it all to practise. We start with 2 residents and by the end of the 2 weeks we will have 5. A bit nervous, but glad the studying is behind me.

St. Augustine

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2009 :  05:39:59 AM  Show Profile
Julia you will do awesome!! Congrats on your final. Can't wait to hear about how the stuff went on the floor. People will be lucky to have you there to help them out!!
Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2009 :  12:28:38 PM  Show Profile
you will be fine peace be with you

farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2009 :  08:03:59 AM  Show Profile
Hi Gals.....I just wanted to send you all a note to say Happy thanksgiving!!! I'm not too sure if there are any other Canadian gals on this thread, but I thought I'd say it anyway.
Ia m soooooooooo very thankful for my life and I truly thank God every day for our wonderful son Oliver. Iam thankful that he has some vision and gets around pretty good. I believe deep in my heart that God gave us Oliver for a reason....and oh how greatful we are to Him for our baby boy.
thaks God for all of you supportive wonderful gals
Blessings to you all:)

farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2009 :  11:05:54 AM  Show Profile
Hello gals! I have not posted here for awhile, but read it again now and then. Which is terrible, because it is not easy to find Christian fellowship and here I go and wander off. Julia, I have also been reading your blog, and know that you passed your test with flying colors, and each time I read there I feel uplifted and inspired. Youor sharing is ministering to me, that is for sure.

Mealnie - Happy Thanksgiving to you too! I wish I could hug your little Oliver.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Oct 09 2009 11:07:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9325 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9325 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2009 :  2:01:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls,
I see Jess hasn't posted in a while. We are mother daughter for those of you who do not know that already. Anyway, I thought I'd share a praise. Though CR did not get the job that she talked about in an earlier post, he did get one. He started the middle of the week and so I think they may be in their new place by Christmas. It seems it is a good job and he still able with his schedule to help my husband out with his work so the extra income will be a help I pray.
I am grateful for your fellowship here and for prayers for one another.

Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2009 :  2:37:27 PM  Show Profile
Denise thank you for the update. I am glad things are going better for Jess. Prayers will continue.
Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2009 :  7:31:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi Girls,
Yes! CR GOT A JOB!!! HOORAY!! I am so in awe of God and His goodness. He didn't get the first forklift job, but they called him back and asked if he was interested in same position different job. We are just so thankful as this will hopefully (and God willing) put us on the road to good things to come.
Thank you all so much for your prayers. They are what have gotten us through the everyday!

hugs

Thanks for posting Mom, I couldn't find this thread for a while. ;)

Jessie

People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out,
but when the darkness sets in,
their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2009 :  06:34:42 AM  Show Profile
Wonderful news Jessie! And it is neat to know you and your mom both post here. Hope everyone is having a good week-end so far.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2009 :  09:40:38 AM  Show Profile
That's great Jessie! God is amazing.

It is interseting how God does things we least expect. I have had such difficulty being on the floor at the long care facility. All the book learning doesn't prepare you for all that will be encountered. What a week it was. By Wednesday, 2 of us were ready to walk. The stress level and pace needed to be a good CNA, just about did me in. Wednesday was tough for all of us. Short staffed, a rash of diarrhea among the residents, the call lights stopped working and we students, bore the brunt of the staffs frustation. I came home in tears. I was not enjoying any part of this. I woke up the next morning sick, thinking I must have caught what was hitting the residents. I called my instructor and told her I was sick. Another gal had called in sick as well. I slept till 11am, something I never do, and layed in bed all day. That night, just thinking about going back made my stomach hurt. I couldn't sleep. I tossed and turned and did a lot of praying and talking to the Lord. I felt like Jacob wrestling with the Lord. I finally fell asleep, in peace with a decision.

I called my instructor at 6:30am and told her how I was feeling, my struggles and that I had decided to come out of the program. She was so kind and understanding. I got off the phone and felt such relief. I thanked the Lord, and it was if I heard Him say. "Okay, will you wait for Me to bring the right thing and not run ahead in fear?" I realized I had paniced, and thought I needed to to get something and the CNA gig was available, so it must be from the Lord. I don't believe it was wasted time. It did boost my confidence to realize you can teach old dogs new tricks. It taught me I do need to fully trust the Lord to provide for my daughter and I. He will, when it it His timing.

I do thank you girls for all your prayers and support during this time. I want to hug you all! Consider it done. I don't know what the Lord has in store, I will keep you posted. You girls are great!

St. Augustine

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2009 :  2:00:23 PM  Show Profile
Julia you are right God will provide for you. It is really hard being patient, I know. The knowledge you have gained will never be a loss for you and just skills for yourself are good. What makes your heart feel good? Then go to God and ask him if there is something that can be done with that. He takes us down paths we don't think we can do. 10 years ago I could never imagine my holding and petting chickens, or going to be raising sheep and whatever else comes our way. I live in a garage we are going to make into our home, after giving up a 4 bedroom home for this but God has shown me it it right, my heart feels at peace out here for the first time in I don't even know, probably forever.
Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9325 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9325 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  09:56:23 AM  Show Profile
Good morning girls. How is everyone today?
I am in need of your prayers today.
many things to do and deal with right now.
thanks.

Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  10:38:48 AM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
This has just become my favorite topic...hallelujah!
I love my BIBLE..."that's the book for me" and I just read
Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World", by Joanna Weaver, then her next book, Having a Mary Spirit -- Allowing God to Change us From the Inside Out" and I'm about to re-start Kay Arthur's "Lord, I Want to Know You" I use Joel Osteen's devotional - Today's Word with Joel, and Charles Stanley's "In Touch" devotional daily. Kate McVeigh has some wonderful "help" books, "Get Over It -- Overcoming the Enemy's Strategy of Offense" and "Conquering Intimidation", which have been helpful. I love the life I've found/lived since I'm a homemaker/student/entrepreneur.

I love the lifestyle that I observed from time with my grandmother and make an effort to emmulate her grace. She taught me to cook, to embroider, she tried to teach me to crochet, and I've since learned, but she also taught me to love, husband, home, etc and I've learned to be content, that is one of the greatest gifts, contentment. My grandmother was a farmers wife in Kansas during the great depression, and then for years after that. She cooked for her husband and two sons and my mom, countless farmhands and "wayfarers"; created more beauty with colored string and fabric while sitting in a chair than I can ever hope or dream of accomplishing. It's her example that I desire to emmulate.
When I found MaryJane's Farmgirl Connection, I felt my heart had found that sense of home again. I thank God, my grandma (she's been gone from the earth for 23 yrs but is in my heart all the same), MaryJane Butters for the gift I've received from the example she's shown, and I am thankful for each of you, the posts, the encouragement, the fellowship y'all provide. We are richly blessed!

.• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
((¸¸.•´ ..• -:¦:- -:¦:- Chandra
-:¦:- ((¸¸.•´Farmgirl Sister #64

She considereth a field, and buyeth it; with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
Proverbs 31:16

Edited by - MasterGardener on Oct 19 2009 4:54:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  5:12:57 PM  Show Profile
Denise prayers are going your way.
Lord give Denise strength to deal with things that are here and coming her way. Help her to feel your presence and love and know how special she is to you.

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 Family Matters: Previous Topic Wanted-Christian Fellowship Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page