Previous Page | Next Page
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic Wanted-Christian Fellowship Next Topic
Page: of 27

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2009 :  04:26:47 AM  Show Profile
Bertha, I am so glad that you are doing better!

Oh, Rae, I knew what you meant. LOL!

Y'all please pray for Cherry's daughter La. She was in a car accident about 2 months ago and she hit her head and had to have stitches. Well, she healed up nicely and everything seemed to be back to normal, but it turns out that she has been having headaches and she even blacked out the other day. They went to the doctor yesterday, but we haven't heard from Cherry yet. I know that she must be suffering terribly with worry.

Farmgirl Sister #554
http://leedsalabama.blogspot.com/
http://alabamaheartofdixie.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2009 :  06:03:25 AM  Show Profile
Nikki thanks for letting us know, head injuries are scary and Cherry and family are in my prayers.
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2009 :  07:19:47 AM  Show Profile
Ill be praying for Cherry and her family. It is so hard when it is your children that are suffering in some way. Hoping they can give her daughter some relief soon.
hugs

Jessie

People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out,
but when the darkness sets in,
their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2009 :  08:32:10 AM  Show Profile
Jessie how are you doing???
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...

Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  08:13:05 AM  Show Profile
just a quick note to say hi to you all and let you know that I'm keepin you all in my prayers:)

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"
farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  08:29:26 AM  Show Profile
Wow been awhile, how is everyone doing out there! Ok here, praying for good weather next 2 weeks, hubby has vacation and we have LOTS to get done in that time.
Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

bertha
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Bertha
St Joseph Mi
USA
234 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  1:41:17 PM  Show Profile
Hey farm girl sisters in Him Been keeping all of you in my prayers and hope that your all keeping your eyes on Him HUGS Bert
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  1:57:55 PM  Show Profile
Hey Karen. How did your class turn out?

Jessie, how are you doing?

Ya'll, I am so bummed. I was talking to my 92 year old lady I look after. She's been talking about dying and all lately. She says it could happen any time at her age. You just never know, she says. But yesterday she said she has been thinking alot lately and she thinks this is really all there is. You have your heaven or hell here on earth then when you die, that's all she wrote. Nada, nuthin', zip, that's it. Wow, I just sat there in total disbelief and got really sad for her. And she was married to an Episcapal minister for over 30 years, too. She says she says her prayers every day, tries to live a good life, believes in Jesus and all. But that this is it. I had just heard on WMBW radio the day before Dr. Dobson talking about this exact same thing. What is the meaning of all this? She said she just can't even comprehend all the people from the beginning of time being in a heaven all together. But I said not every one of those people will be there. And our little minds weren't made to understand all that. And I said if this is it why even bother trying to be good moral decent people? What's the use? If there is no heaven or hell, let's just all have a big ole party. I don't know, it just really was strange to hear her say these things.

I have heard that people that talk about death or are preparing for death that it's not far away for them. I just told her I will see her in heaven because deep down I know she does really believe.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  2:57:40 PM  Show Profile
Oh wow Kris, that is really hard to hear from someone so up in aga. I hope you are right that she really does believe. Maybe she is just going thru a stage of depression or something that makes her think twice about her beliefs. Im so glad she has you there to see her thru.
thanks so much for asking about my class. I had alot of people praying and thought I would only have about 6 but praise the Lord I had 9!!! I was very excited and still will have to get some things ironed out but I know as I go it will smooth out. I am looking forward to each week having more even if its just one! Thank again for asking!
Nikki, I will be praying for Cherry. Give us an update on her when you can.
Blessings to you all! Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  4:54:31 PM  Show Profile
I think that the thought of heaven and everything can be overwhelming when you think about it too much. Maybe that is why they talk about having the faith like a child God is so big we really can't comprehend it all.
Kris I will pray for you to have the words needed for your friend.

Karen how exciting for you!!! I am glad things went even better than you thought that it would. It is really wonderful what you are doing as the youth need to have a place to come to and learn and keep their faith going.
Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  5:06:30 PM  Show Profile
Well, I posted over in another part of the forum about CR's job interview. I wasn't having a very Christian attitude about the whole thing, so I didn't want to say a whole lot yet.

CR's interview turned out to be a bust. He called after not hearing from the man who said he would call to set up an interview for end of this week. The secretary told him that they aren't interviewing nor are they hiring. We don't know whether she is just being a pain about it and not letting CR talk to the man in charge for some alterior motive or if the guy was lying and never intended to give CR an interview in the first place. So, here we are back at square one with nothing in sight.

I've done a lot of thinking though. I'd rather have a job that God has clearly opened the door for so that we have no doubt in our minds that it is from Him, than to have a job that we just aren't sure about. When God says Go, He always always gives a clear direction in which to start moving.
We are praying God's will be done. There isn't much else to do, and truly that's what we really want anyways.

Karen--I am so happy that things went so well on Wednesday. All of your studying paired with God's goodness made for a dynamic teacher. HUGS!!

Kris-- I am praying that God would give you the words to say, that He would work in and through you to reach her for Him!You are in my prayers, Girlfriend! HUGS!!

Hugs all,

Jessie

People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out,
but when the darkness sets in,
their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  5:13:14 PM  Show Profile
Jessie
I have been thinking about you and wondering how you are doing. I think you are right about doing what is God's will because you will know it is right. Prayers out for you to keep strong and for things to ease up for you all.
Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

Laila
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Laila
Kutztown PA
USA
273 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  12:48:14 PM  Show Profile
Jessie,
I have been praying for you. I hope the right job comes along soon. Hang in there!

Laila
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  11:04:35 AM  Show Profile
Still prayin for you Jess!
Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  1:17:22 PM  Show Profile
Jess, you and your family are in my prayers always. I'm sorry that didn't work out.

(((Hug)))

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  10:05:02 PM  Show Profile
Hi, girls. I could really use some prayers. With my hubbys passing, I am now having to go to work in 28 years. I was so blessed to be able to be home with my girls. Being home also allowed me to be available to go on visits with Dale, he was a pastor, when I was needed. I liked being a homemaker. Anyway, I now have the task of finding work, and to be honest, this is the one thing that has really overwhelmed me the most. I didn't go to college, save 1 year of bible school, so have no 'skills' by the worlds standards. I know God is faithful, He has been amazing. I know He is trustworthy, but I am fearful and don't want to be. Please pray that I will be patient, trusting and not lose heart. And that the Lord will direct me to the right place at the right time.

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  03:13:42 AM  Show Profile
Julia, don't under-estimate yourself, your skills will shine when you land the job the Lord has laid aside for you. Don't be fearful, be optimistic & expectant, the enemy will and does use fear but we serve a great God who has us held firmly in the palm of His hand.
Lord, I pray that Julia will find peace in this transition time. Lord I thank you that we don't have to face any of life's challlenges alone and that Julia loves you and can come before you each and every day. Lord, you know her needs, lead her to the job you want her to have and may she be a light shining in the darkness.
I pray this is your Son's mighty name.

ANGIE
"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance" JUDE 1:2

http://www.pinkroomponderings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  03:56:51 AM  Show Profile
my prayers are with you Julia
it must be very overwhelming right now, but know that God and us farmgals are on your side:)

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"
farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  04:41:53 AM  Show Profile
Julia my prayers go out to you. It is very overwhelming today in the job market but you have been doing a very important job, raising your family and being available to the people who need you with your husband. God will bring the right job to you, stay strong and focus on him.
Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

Grandma Winnie
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Lavinia
Austin TX
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  05:35:51 AM  Show Profile
I find your comments very helpful. I'm not crazy about church, do you have any suggestions on a study guide for families with teenagers. We tried a few and they turned out to be for small children and kind of simple and we lacked interest. I have some study Bibles and love them. We also have the Bible on tapes which is good to listen to. I think I will look up some books you have mentioned. thanks, Winnie
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  06:19:53 AM  Show Profile
Julia, you are in my prayers dear one , Im am trusting that God will give you a peace that will out weigh the fear Satan tries to press in upon you.
Lavinia, Blaine Bartel put out some books called Little black Books and they are real good for teens and also Dare to Share is a good web site for teens. Hope this helps! Blessings,to you all, Karen

www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  07:30:29 AM  Show Profile
My brother, Tony, and cousin Kristi are both going through really major things right now and I sure know they could use some prayers.
Thanks all!
Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  08:05:01 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
HI Julia~
I was just thinking about you today and wondering how it was all going? Returning to the work force could be a scary thing for sure, but I know that you will do well. Please keep us updated on what is going on with you and how you are coping to all of lifes changes.

Rene'Groom
the artist formerly known as Prince. I mean PROSSERFARMGIRL (that will only be funny to some).
Sister #185

www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/RuralFarmgirl
www.RuralandRaw.blogspot.com
www.RuralFarmGirl.blogspot.com
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  10:10:12 AM  Show Profile
Thanks girls, I truly appreciate your prayers and encouragement. Angie, thanks for the prayer, a lot.

This morning, I was feeling really crummy, there has just been so much to deal with. Before I got out of bed I was praying, literally crying out to the Lord for help. I got up, did the usual morning routine, exercise, shower, breakfast, dishes, and then had my devotions. I always start with reading from a devotional book, and wouldn't you know it, the Lord has verses waiting for me.

Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart: wait, I say, on the Lord. Ps. 27:14

He gives strength to the weary, and to him who lacks might He increases power.
Though youths grow weary and tired, and vigourous young men stumble badly,
yet those who wait on the Lord shall gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles,
they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary. IS 40:29-31

Bulls-eye! I felt like the wait of the world lifted off my shoulders. I think I was just tryinng to do to much to soon. Expecting to much out of myself. The Lord gave me some real insight and ask Him to confirm it. Please pray for wisdom for me. Thank you so much for being there for me.

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

Edited by - Julia on Aug 20 2009 10:12:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  10:13:26 AM  Show Profile
Rae, Know that prayers ascend for Tony and Kristi.

St. Augustine

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 Family Matters: Previous Topic Wanted-Christian Fellowship Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page