Page: of 27

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  07:59:36 AM  Show Profile
Prayers out to you Bertha. Children do grow up fast, our "baby" is 22 almost 23. My oldest grandson will be 10 this year, of course I was only 20 when he was born HA!!!
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  06:58:33 AM  Show Profile
So glad you joined us Bertha, You are in my prayers!

I wanted to share a little something from church yesterday I thought was very thought provoking.
Are you a pig or a chicken? If you eat breakfast and are having bacon and eggs. The chicken gave you a contribution of the egg, the bacon was the pig he was totally committed as he gave his life for your breakfast. So are you totally committed to doing Gods will or do you just make a contribution? Thought this was good and had to share,I might be the only one who it makes think but thought I would shar it anyways! Hope you all have a super great week full of God goodness! Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  07:47:09 AM  Show Profile
Karen that was pretty cool. Never thought of it that way and it really does apply to our relationship with God doesn't it. Wow guess I need to work on the pig in me a little more. Never thought I would say those words!!
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...

Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  10:39:24 AM  Show Profile
Wow, Karen! How funny is it, that now I find myself preferring to be a pig after reading your post..lol. It gives new meaning for sure. Thank you for sharing! :D

I posted over in Across the Fence, but wanted to make sure and give you girls and update here too. CR went this morning to look into a job prospect. He talked to the boss there and the boss told him, that he was very interested in CR and would set up an interview with him for the end of next week. Now, we just wait, but this prospect has given me hope that there is something out there for us...somewhere.
Thank you all for your precious precious prayers!!
hugs

Jessie

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  10:52:03 AM  Show Profile
Karen, I like the chicken and pig analogy too - something to think about for everything we do, raising our children, pouring into our marriage, living surrendered - completely. Good food for thought - ha, ha.

Ann
Forrester Farm
www.forresterfarm.com
www.forresterfarm.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Annabel
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Anna
Malvern PA
22 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  7:13:20 PM  Show Profile
Jessie,
Your faith and joyful spirit are amazing. I'll certainly keep you and your family in my prayers.

Karen, I love that analogy. I'm want to be a pig but too often I'm just the chicken. I'm also glad to know that bacon is so highly thought of. Everything is better with bacon!

Annabel
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  03:18:05 AM  Show Profile
LOL, Anna, wanting to be the pig but often being the chicken. That is so cute and I agree. That's my problem!

Karen, that's a great way to look at it and very memorable. Pig or chicken.

Farmgirl Sister #554
http://leedsalabama.blogspot.com/
http://alabamaheartofdixie.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  05:54:28 AM  Show Profile
I thought it was very cute and something to think about it sure doesnt sound bad being a pig when you look at it like that! I will start one of the biggest task next Wed. that I have ever done so I need prayers and alot of them! I am going to start working with the youth in my church. A very small group right now which is good cause I have never liked to get up in front of people to talk so I am really nervous but as I say that I am looking to God to put the words he wants me to say in my mouth and am also looking foward to our youth group growing!!!!by leaps and bounds. I want to do bible study but also plan some fun stuff for them too. So please any ideas and all prayers welcome. Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  06:35:43 AM  Show Profile
Karen
Prayers out for you and that is wonderful. It is hard to keep youth involved in the church. Sometimes hard to get people to teach as well. For a couple years I taught our Sunday School alone!! I had to keep it to only 2 grades and did it so the kids could move up to confirmation class. Now there are teachers and a good number of kids coming which is good considering our church is really tiny.
What age are they going to be? An idea, when doing Bible study use the stories to show how they pertain to today. So many think the Bible has nothing to do with life today. There my penny worth
Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  06:53:09 AM  Show Profile
Karen,
What wonderful things are in store for you as you are obedient to folllow God in this ministry. It is one of the highest callings (at least I believe so. :D) After all, Jesus did say "suffer not the little children to come unto me."
The youth are who will shape what the world is like for us. Much greater the influence of they are Christian youth striving to be dynamic influence for God.
I am praying for you that your heart be calm, your ministry fruitful, and many young know Christ through knowing you!!

big hugs and lots of prayers,

Jessie

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  2:15:33 PM  Show Profile
Hello ya'll. I just got a call about a friend's daughter. Her name is Samantha Gilley. Some of you may have heard of her. She's 19 years old now but has had cancer ALL her life. She has had both eyes removed because of Retinal Blastoma. She is in Memphis now and just had am MRI and it does not look good. The cancer may be back. She has not been doing good for the last year now with alot of pain all over. She is just miserable. Please pray for Samantha. I know she would really feel allthe prayers going up for her. And her parents, too. Thank you all.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  2:31:20 PM  Show Profile
Kris,
you can count on me to be praying for her. What a hard hard thing to go through, especially as she is so very young.
hugs

Jessie

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  6:40:15 PM  Show Profile
Prayers are going up right now for Samantha.

A friend of mine could use them too as her grandson died over the weekend, about 3 in a pool accident. Mom and Dad are Jake and Libby, Grandparents Micki & Tim, Bob and Kathy.

Thanks. By the was Kris thank you again for the gift. As I said it made my day as I was kind of down because of the dreaded $$ thing.

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  7:20:37 PM  Show Profile
My prayer are with Samantha and her family and also the parents and family of the 3yr old. Blessings,Karen
P.s. thanks so much for all your prayers they mean so much!
www.KKJD1.etsy.com

Edited by - Ga Girl on Jul 28 2009 7:22:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  03:02:29 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Ga Girl

I thought it was very cute and something to think about it sure doesnt sound bad being a pig when you look at it like that! I will start one of the biggest task next Wed. that I have ever done so I need prayers and alot of them! I am going to start working with the youth in my church. A very small group right now which is good cause I have never liked to get up in front of people to talk so I am really nervous but as I say that I am looking to God to put the words he wants me to say in my mouth and am also looking foward to our youth group growing!!!!by leaps and bounds. I want to do bible study but also plan some fun stuff for them too. So please any ideas and all prayers welcome. Blessings,Karen

www.KKJD1.etsy.com

Karen, how awesome to be led and work with these kids. God has a job just you! Imagine, he already has it all planned out and you are to be his hnads. He knows what your fears are (and we rebuke them in Jesus name) and yet, you stepped up to the plate. Good for you! Don't agonize over the details, since God's hand is upon this, you will be fine. What a blessing you will be in these young lives.

ANGIE
"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance" JUDE 1:2

http://www.pinkroomponderings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  05:23:51 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Angie, I am really looking forward to getting started. Thanks for your encourgement! Blessings,Karen

www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  06:00:56 AM  Show Profile
Oh, no, Kris and Rae, those are heartbreaking things for those families to be going through! I will be praying that God will just envelop them in His peace. That they will be given such a measure of calm assurance in His love that they will be a miracle to all who witness it. And that they will be comforted in their grief and illness.

Karen, you are going to be such a blessing to those kids! I am praying for patience and wisdom and energy for you!

Farmgirl Sister #554
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  06:25:36 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all for the prayers for Samantha. I haven't heard anymore yet.

Karen, I will be praying for you. Is it tonight you start? I know you will do a great job because God will work through you and that class will be growing fast!!

I am thanking God for our rain showers!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  07:22:43 AM  Show Profile
Best to you Karen, let us know how it goes. I am thinking you are going to be such a blessing to this young group of people.

Thank you for prayers for this family in their horrible loss. I know they have strong faith but will need every bit of it and more.

As I am settling more and more with God it just seems I see his grace around me more and more each day. This thread has been really a wonderful thing as well.
Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

GrammyGoose
True Blue Farmgirl

163 Posts

Sue
Liverpool PA
USA
163 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  09:16:41 AM  Show Profile
I'm adding my prayers for Samantha and for Jake and Libby, Micki & Tim, Bob and Kathy.
How sad for them all. May God comfort them with His love and give them strength to accept His will.

Sue
Farmgirl #656

"This is the day that God made, let us drink juice and enjoy it!" - Reece Stutts, age 3
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  10:35:45 AM  Show Profile
Kris, no its not tonight but next Wed the 5th of Aug. Thanks for your prayers and encouragement. I am also thankful for this rain!!!
Nikki,Thank you also for the prayers and encourging words I will definitely have to have some energy! Looking forward to what God is going to do! Blessings to you all! Karen

www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2009 :  03:10:39 AM  Show Profile
Rae, isn't it neat? The more you rely on Him the more grace He gives. He is so generous! I'm praying for all of these things. And when I am going about my day one situation or another will pop into my mind and I pray for it then. I can't wait to here how God is working in these situations!

Yay, Karen! You have a whole week to prepare!

Farmgirl Sister #554
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2009 :  04:24:13 AM  Show Profile
I think high on the best is the friends God brings into your life as well
Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

bertha
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Bertha
St Joseph Mi
USA
234 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2009 :  3:52:22 PM  Show Profile
Hey girls Thank you all for praying for me Im doing much beter and been praying for all of you We serve a great and mighty God who can be trusted with everything Melanie did you get my letter? In Him Bert Bush
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2009 :  4:41:38 PM  Show Profile
My goodness that last statement by me was goofy I think I meant the best thing is the friends God brings into our lives.
Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 Family Matters: Previous Topic Wanted-Christian Fellowship Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page