GrammyGoose
True Blue Farmgirl

163 Posts

Sue
Liverpool PA
USA
163 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  8:08:59 PM  Show Profile
Julia, thank you so much for sharing your testimony with us. My dh and I are nearing a crossroad in our life and both fearful of making the wrong decisions. What you shared has reaffirmed that the decision is not ours to make. We need to be mindful of what God's intentions are and follow His will. He led me here and opened a whole new world that I've been in search of for a very long time. I don't know where this journey will lead, but I know that all of you are a part of it and I am very thankful to have found you.

Sue
Farmgirl #656

"This is the day that God made, let us drink juice and enjoy it!" - Reece Stutts, age 3
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  04:35:43 AM  Show Profile
this all reminds me of one of my favorite songs from the Gaithers.....God is good, yes he is, he's good all the time!!

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"
farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  04:37:57 AM  Show Profile
Anna, I am so happy that you found MaryJane's Farmgirls and this thread! Oh, you will truly get to meet a bunch of awesome women and share in (what I have found to be) some of the best fellowship that a woman kind find on the 'net. My life has been so richly blessed by getting to know people on this board and by being encouraged to step out and do new things by MaryJane's can-do spirit. Can't wait to get to know you!

Oh, Rae, I'm praying for you. God has you in His hands. He knows your needs. He will see you through and when you come out on the other side you will be like, "Now that was amazing!"

Melanie! How are you? How is Oliver doing?

Karen, you are just so sweet! I hope that you are having a great day!

Julia, that is so cool! The kids and I went over that story of the Israelites and their faith. It is a good lesson. Step out and see what happens! Thank you for sharing your experiences!

Cherry, you have such a way with words! Every time I read a post of yours I'm either laughing or teary-eyed. I hope you have a novel ready to pound out on your birthday typewriter 'cause I want to brag about how I knew "when".

Y'all, my son is going off to the Air Force in a week and a half. I am praying that he will be safe and do well. I know of several people's son's and grandson's from the area who are being shipped out to Iraq and Afghanistan soon. Anyway, I just wanted to ask y'all to join with me to pray for our military. Oh, they are so young. I am asking God to number one: protect them, but also to lead and guide them, and give them maturity.

Farmgirl Sister #554
http://leedsalabama.blogspot.com/
http://alabamaheartofdixie.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  04:54:37 AM  Show Profile
Nikki we pray every night for our soldiers. Not to frighten but we lost our nephew 2 years ago in Sept in Iraq. He was on his 4th tour there. He believed in what he was doing and we believed in him. I have the utmost respect for anyone who has/is military including families. Will pray that God holds you all tightly in his arms each and every second. Without them we would not be having this thread going right now
Jeannie I know what you mean about mission trips. I actually ask God to please not ask me to go. I know if he does I will have to but I am hoping he agrees that there is plenty for me to do right here
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  04:57:01 AM  Show Profile
Oh, wow! I totally missed this last page!

Angie, I am praying for your husband and son!

Jeanie, that is so cool about your son-in-law's mission trip. But no, you should not feel bad about not being led to missions. That is a gift that others have and your work must be focused here.

Hey, Sue! Glad that you are on board and resting in God's direction. It makes all the difference, doesn't it? He really does want us to cast our cares on Him. Love your quote!

Hey, Melanie! I grew up listening to the Gaithers!

Farmgirl Sister #554
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  05:07:38 AM  Show Profile
Hey, Rae, I am so sorry about your nephew. The price for freedom is so high that it is almost unbearable. I thank God for our liberty here and pray for others around the world to have the chance to live in freedom. It is a constant battle, but I know that God is in control and I can rest in that.

Farmgirl Sister #554
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  05:54:40 AM  Show Profile
That is the key, God is in control at all times. My nephew is with God and how could one wish them back once they have been in the presence of him??
Has anyone had the experience where they can just feel the evil around them, like at work or out somewhere? I had someone comment to me at work that she could just feel it through and she was right. God is being pushed out of things and the evil one just glows there, like schools. My interpretation of separation of church and state is a little different then the courts I guess but as much as they try to you cannot rewrite history.
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  06:05:48 AM  Show Profile
Jeanie, my mom went to Honduras many times on mission trips but I have always been scared to death to fly so I leave the mission field to others. I am going to start working with the youth at my church the first of Aug. so I feel like that is my mission field and I also feel like God wants me to be an ecourger, so I know each person has his/her place , yours just might be in your own back yard as you said!
Nikki, your son and your family will be in my prayers, please keep us up to date on him.
Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  12:58:16 PM  Show Profile
Karen - I feel God wants me to be an encourager, too, and even that job can mean recommitting yourself each day. I try very to be encouraging and supportive because I know my daughter and her hubby are working hard to do what Christ has for them to do. I thank God each day that they are so committe4d to walking the walk.

Thanks for the encouragement from your end!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Jul 24 2009 12:59:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  2:37:43 PM  Show Profile
Jeannie, I'm sorry that my reply to your post got everything all messed up.

I do know what you mean but don't be hard on yourself.His word tells us(someone will help me with the scripture I hope)that we are all given different gifts so that we all work together for the good of all. So that means I believe that not everyone is led to the mission field. I used to wonder why so many where going "away" to the mission field and not staying in this country but realize now that the need to hear the good news is global and many countries do not hear it from within so we are to be messengers. I have recently connected to a lady in our church who goes on mission trips to Brazil and I have to tell you, I want to know more and more about what she is doing. My friend went to Africa a couple of years ago and although it was awesome to hear her story of the trip, I did not feel "led" but South America? Something is tugging at me.
Also, a mission can be just around the corner too. I teach craft workshops at the local women's shelter and have relaized that yes! I am in the mission field! God can and does use all of us with all our skills, whether they be to teach, encourage, share, craft, read, garden, I think if you are passionate about something you do, chances are, that is what you can use to bless other's

ANGIE
"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance" JUDE 1:2

http://www.pinkroomponderings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  2:58:17 PM  Show Profile
God knows, as well as many others there is a lot of work to be done here. Morals are really going down the toilet and I, me personally, really feel that Christians are being pushed out, can't say God or do anything God like but yet can cater to all others. Soapbox, sorry but just something I feel.
Rae

Go to Top of Page

GrammyGoose
True Blue Farmgirl

163 Posts

Sue
Liverpool PA
USA
163 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  11:34:06 AM  Show Profile
Rae, you are so right. Religious persecution is alive and well in the USA. Freedom to worship is now conditional on not making any public acknowledgment or mention of that act, but freedom to infringe on the rights of Christians seems to have become a favorite sport of the American Civil Liberties Union. I do believe that the Constitution stated that we were born with certain unalienable rights, including life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. My pursuit of happiness includes the right to openly celebrate Christmas, Easter and other religious holidays without shame or disgrace.

Sue
Farmgirl #656

"This is the day that God made, let us drink juice and enjoy it!" - Reece Stutts, age 3
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  12:34:16 PM  Show Profile
It is really getting frustrating although I guess it is also time for us to not be quiet and claim our rights as well.
Well as you know I have asked for prayers on money stuff, well... my father-in-law discovered he has a 100 foot roll of woven fence that we can have Fencing really adds up so this is wonderful!! Every little bit helps in the big picture of things.
Rae

Farmgirl #647
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  12:44:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi Girls! Thank you all so much for your prayers! Thoughts are starting to look up, even though my worries are mounting. God is good ALL the time!

Hubby is going on Monday to hopefully secure a job. I pray that it works out. A friend my Mom works with let her know of a job opening where her husband works. It is far away and the pay isn't all I had hoped for, but at this point I'm not picky. Just something steady would be awesome. :D Please pray that Hubby's efforts are rewarded with a job offer. We are now going on month 10 with only his part time job.

We finally have gotten ourselves too behind on our rent payment. It always seems like God provides an extra job or we can borrow the money from someone (which I hate doing , but if it comes down to losing our house...) but this time, the side job that CR got doesn't want to pay him, and because its a side job, there's not a thing we can do about it. Economy is tough on everyone, so no one can help us out.
We are only down on two payments, but if we got to three, they can take our trailer. It's a whole big mess! Please pray for God to provide in this matter. We haven't even moved in yet, and with baby #3 on the way, the thought of losing the home we might sometime get into is nerve wracking.
Only God can move and work in this situation. But, I know He is faithful to complete the good work He has begun! :D

You are all in my thoughts and prayers and I am so thankful for this thread.

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"You are my strength when I am weak. You are the treasure that I seek. You are my all in all. Seeking You as a precious jewel; Lord, to give up I'd be a fool. You are my all in all."

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  1:55:58 PM  Show Profile
Jessie I am so sorry about your hardships. You are in my prayers as well as all those others out there is the same boat. I have a family member who is struggling with the same things, losing home, and it is awful.
You are amazing keeping your faith and knowing God has a plan. It is so hard when it is dark to remember that.
My God bless you and your family and hold you tightly in his arms.
Rae

Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  2:01:14 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much for your prayers, Rae! I have to completely agree, it is hard in the dark to remember God has a plan. I haven't been the nicest person to be around lately and as I posted before, my faith was failing me, but I know in my deepest of hearts, that God is in control.

hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"You are my strength when I am weak. You are the treasure that I seek. You are my all in all. Seeking You as a precious jewel; Lord, to give up I'd be a fool. You are my all in all."

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  5:30:27 PM  Show Profile
Jessie remember we are all here for you. The economy sure isn't any better in this area so don't know where it is that it is good. Hang in there though and remember God has a plan and you have us too!!
Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  7:00:58 PM  Show Profile
Jessie, I am praying also, please keep us updated on the job hubby is going to on Mon. Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  7:05:13 PM  Show Profile
Thanks girls! I will keep you posted! I sure hope it goes well. :D
hugs

Jessie

Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  7:49:01 PM  Show Profile
Nikki
thanks for asking about Oliver.....he will be One year old in a few weeks and I just can't believe it!!
He is doing well even with his vision loss/low vision.
he is the love of our lives and I truly thank God for him every day!!

farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  06:09:31 AM  Show Profile
I am loving getting to read all of y'all posts! It means SO MUCH to me that y'all are all out there and that y'all are willing to share what is going on in your lives and your relationship with the Lord!

Karen, thank you for your prayers. Honduras has a special place in my heart, as well! We went there for a day while on our honeymoon cruise to one of Honduras' islands and it was so beautiful, but what I could see of the people and their circumstances on our quick drive across the island clued me into the incredible need present there. I've since looked up what sort of mission work was going on there and I am so glad that your mom gets to go down there and work!

Jessie, I am praying for you!

Melanie, so glad to hear that little Oliver is doing well!

Y'all have a blessed Sunday!

Farmgirl Sister #554
Go to Top of Page

bertha
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Bertha
St Joseph Mi
USA
234 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  06:15:19 AM  Show Profile
Good morning Farmgirl friends Just found this encouraging thread and cant tell you how its lifted my spirit Im going to ask for prayer today for some health issues and just for His strength Thank you so much Bless you all Bert Bush
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  06:17:18 AM  Show Profile
Wow, Melanie! It doesn't seem like Oliver would be a year old already. They grow up so fast!!

hugs

Jessie

Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  06:22:08 AM  Show Profile
yes indeed! I so want him to stay little. I said to my husband the other day...."We prayed for a child and God gave us Oliver....so if I pray for him to stay little, why won't that prayer be answered too?" LOL!!!

farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  06:24:03 AM  Show Profile
a big welcome to you Bertha...great to see you here! I will keep you in my prayers...I think of you often especially when I see the awesome prims you sent me. hugs to you:)

farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 Family Matters: Previous Topic Wanted-Christian Fellowship Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page