Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  07:43:42 AM  Show Profile
Yes Rae thank you for such a sweet prayer I do hope that others will not only share the good but the bad, thats how we learn and grow. It also helps me to know how to pray for my fellow farmgirls. So if any of you need prayer please let me know you can list it here or you can email me. Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  10:31:26 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I think this is the translation I like best.

"Wear the apron of humility"

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  10:34:17 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I still feel the same and believe the responses were meant to be exactly the way I took them.

It is best for me to not participate in this thread.

I just can't be a part of it.

Linda in Scranton, PA

Wear the apron of humility.
1 Peter 5:5
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  11:50:34 AM  Show Profile
I am sorry Linda feels the way she does and will change her mind.

I have learned though that translations and understandings are always different, that is why discussion is good. I can read the same thing over and over and later go back and see it totally different. I still enjoy this thread and thank everyone for their participation.
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31
Go to Top of Page

Laila
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Laila
Kutztown PA
USA
273 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  12:09:33 PM  Show Profile
Rae,
That happens to me all the time. I will read a parable in the New Testament that I think I know really well from having read it so often and I will find something new. The Bible is the living word of God so it changes for us when we read it depending what is happening in our lives at the time.

Laila
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  12:52:45 PM  Show Profile
Laila
Or also what I love is reading and reading and all of a sudden the light bulb goes off and it is like WOW! Now I get what you are trying to tell me. The Bible fits yesterday, today and tomorrow and that is what makes it truly remarkable.
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  1:25:10 PM  Show Profile
I know I only pop in here once in a blue moon, but I was hoping I could interject with a quick prayer request.
Satan has surely been attacking this poor brain of mine. I don't know whether its hormones, or tiredness, or just plain battling, but I have been in a deep dark place for a couple of days. I have been getting headaches that make it easier to slip into scary dark world of thoughts. I find myself instead of looking to God for guidance and relief; I am just praying He would let me die so it can all be over.
Please pray for me. It is a scary place to be all by myself.

Thanks girls!!
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"You are my strength when I am weak. You are the treasure that I seek. You are my all in all. Seeking You as a precious jewel; Lord, to give up I'd be a fool. You are my all in all."

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  1:51:43 PM  Show Profile
Oh Jessie I will pray for you and in fact just sent one up. Keep us posted on here how you are doing. The evil one does pop in where ever he can find a little whole.
Hugs from farm girl #647
Rae

Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  4:42:47 PM  Show Profile
Oh boy, I am the same way! If it needs to be done...I can do it like I'm some super-mom or something.What I tend to forget is that much of the "doing" is not mine to do.
Thank-you so much for the scriptures. (and neither my son or husband are saved)
quote:
Originally posted by Ga Girl

Angie, I understand how you feel about your son they never get to big for mama not to worry about them do they? My oldest is 18 and he and his girlfriend just rented a house together. I worry about them both neither are saved. I also have a 15 and 12 yr old and my hubby is also not saved so more worry there. I am a worry wart. It has always been so hard for me to let God handle things because I want things done Now! I am sure this is another reason God has let me go through the trials I have so he can also teach me patience. But boy can I be stubborn. Anyways I had a few verses I wanted to share with you about worry that I thought might help.
Philippins 4:6-7, Psalms 46:1-3, and 2 Corinthians 4:8-9. I will be praying for you and your son.
Rae I see you and I are alike in the patience department, thanks for the tid bit about the worry box great idea!
Julie thank you so much for your sweet prayer, it seems as though the devil is always throwing obstacles in our path. I also need to wake up each day and set my mind in a Christ like manner so I can make the right choices(with God's help). Each farmgirl here is such a blessings and encourgement! Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
www.KKJD1.etsy.com

ANGIE
"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance" JUDE 1:2

http://www.pinkroomponderings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Annabel
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Anna
Malvern PA
22 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  8:26:10 PM  Show Profile
Farmgirls and Christian fellowship. This place is amazing! I can't wait to get to know some of you!
Go to Top of Page

CityFarmerMaddie
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

Madison
Tacoma WA
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  10:32:28 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for all of the encouragement.
Madison

We are all pumpkin people. Choose which face you carve.
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  03:23:50 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Anna!! It is so nice to know there are people out there that want to share about their relationship with God. I know my life stinks when I try to lead God. Control issues at times but getting better and this thread helps keep me grounded and where I want/should be.
Rae

Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  05:23:20 AM  Show Profile
Hello everyone.....Just to let you know....although I haven't been posting much on this thread (and I Am the one that started it..go figure LOL!!) I just wanted you all to know how wonderful it is to see us all lifting each other up and helping each other out. blessings to you all :)

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"
farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  05:26:19 AM  Show Profile
I forgot to say welcome to you Annabel so WELCOME:)

farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

Laila
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Laila
Kutztown PA
USA
273 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  05:27:10 AM  Show Profile
Jessie,
You are in my thoughts and prayers. Please let us know how you are doing. Remember that God is in control and can handle anything we give him.

Laila
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  05:32:30 AM  Show Profile
Melanie
I am so glad you started this topic, it has been such a blessing for me the last few days especially, so thank you.
(Did you get my letter?)
Rae

Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  05:40:14 AM  Show Profile
Oh gosh, Jessie! I am sorry that you are going through that! I will be praying for you!

I am so thankful for all of you and glad that we have this space to share our joys and our struggles, our favorite verses and what we are learning!

On our very long (8 hours both ways) recent trip, I was able to share with my family what God has been doing in my life. My brother and son don't get to hear much about that, but they couldn't get away from it in the car! LOL! I was able to more easily put into words the things that I have been learning since I had already written some of it here. It was such a blessing. And I didn't preach it; I just shared. I like sharing stories and information, but I have had to overcome a definite barrier as far as sharing spiritual things is concerned. The fear of being labeled a hypocrite or being held to an unattainable standard for behavior has been a huge hindrance to my message.

But God loves me for who I am and He forgives me of my sins and is helping me day by day in this struggle to live on this planet. And He will do that for anybody who trusts Him and believes that Jesus died for their sins. That is such good news! How can I not share that news of forgiveness and freedom? So I am excited! Everyday is fresh and new with no mistakes in it and God is Good!

Oh, y'all have a blessed day! I am so happy to see so many people on here just burning up the thread! I am praying for y'all!

Farmgirl Sister #554

http://alabamaheartofdixie.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  07:01:23 AM  Show Profile
Nikki I love what you share as well as everyone else. It is nice to have a place to go to share the good and the bad.

I would appreciate prayers for our finances. We are slowly on the road to recovery and WILL DO IT, with God's help but just need encouragement through prayers.
Thank you all!!

Rae

Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  07:47:11 AM  Show Profile
Rae...I did get your letter and have sent one right back to you m'dear. prayers for you and your family as I know how hard it is to focous on things whenyou are worried about $$$
hugs:)

farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  08:10:19 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Anna! Please jump in and share with us. Prayer request or praise reports. We love to just share the word!
Rae you are in my prayers we are also going thru some finace worries but God is good and he will provide for us all!
Jessie, Hope your day will be bright and full of God's blessings!
Melanie, I think about you often, hope all is well with you!
Blessings to you all,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  4:49:02 PM  Show Profile
Okay, God thing! This morning I started reading in Deut. Moses recounts God's promise of the promised land that they were to "go and take possession of the land" ... that God was with them in the desert as a fire by night and a cloud by day. He took care of them. BUT, they didn't believe in God's promise, they were afraid, so they sent men in to scout around first. Bad idea! God said to go in and possess it, He would fight for them. The consequenses of their disbelief... 'you were crushed'.
All that said... After reading that I thanked the Lord for how He has gone before my daughter and I since my husbands passing. How He has meet every need. That He truly is my Provider, Protector, Husband. He has fought the battles for me. Shortly after my devotions I got a call from the title company saying they had not yet recieved the big chunk of money for the closing of my new house. I got of the phone, didn't panic, called my bank. They verified the wire went through 2 days ago. Yikes! I still didn't panic. I pray, "Okay Lord, fight this one for me. You know where the money is. Let it show up even now." I called the title company, had to leave a message. She called right back and apologized all over the place. She hadn't looked back far enough on the dates to see that it came when it was suppose to. I got off the phone and rejoiced that the money was there. I was grateful that I had had my time in the Word this morning, that the Lord had me reading just where I needed to be and that He even tested my faith to see if I would freak and lose control or just let Him handle it. I am glad I passed this one. Just wanted to share.

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  5:24:16 PM  Show Profile
Wow and to stay calm on top of it, that certainly would be God's hand in there!! I really try to focus on my blessings because really God has been so good to us.
Sometimes I feel like I am falling away so am glad this thread is here and people are on it all the time. I have to remember not to let the evil one be any part of my life, this financial struggle will pass. In fact each month is a tiny tiny bit better. He seems to always know when we are feeling weak and jumps in there.
Rae

Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  5:56:10 PM  Show Profile
Julia, I'm smiling big enough to crack my face!

~~Cherry~~

http://cherrymedarlin.blogspot.com

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  5:59:45 PM  Show Profile
This thread means a lot to me as well. I love reading how God is working in our lives. My SIL is coming home tonight from a week in Mexico on a mission trip. My daughter is so excited to get him home. God has been working through him, though, I think he feels it was a good trip and many good things happened. I have never been on a mission trip, and have never felt the Lord leading me there. Sometimes, it is hard to understand how a person can leave his/her fammily, and go somewhere unsafe, and feel good about it. Does anyone here know what I mean? I knowe it is a shortcoming in my walk....but missions are not for me.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  6:38:04 PM  Show Profile
Whoo! Julia you passed another test! Thanks so much for sharing this because it is such a great reminder that if we let God handle everything that we never loose. Blessings,karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 Family Matters: Previous Topic Wanted-Christian Fellowship Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page