True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Sheri
Missouri
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  05:13:27 AM  Show Profile
Nikki,
That is interesting that you noticed the kindred spirit thing, because I first learned of it years ago, in the movie, Ann Of Green Gables. And I have used it every since. And it is so true. We recognize kindred spirits as Christians. The common factor, the Holy Spirit in all of us. Sometimes when you meet someone new, you know you have some kind of commonness with that person. And yes, He is Jesus. What a wonderful provision the Lord has given to us, other believers.

Many Hands Make Light Work!

...God made the seed to grow...1 Cor 3:6

Edited by - Lynner on Jul 16 2009 05:14:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  05:56:26 AM  Show Profile
A blessing book is awesome and I think I need to have one out on the counter for my husband and myself. When we get frustrated and overwhelmed it is a good reminder. We try to remember and give thanks for all with our prayer before dinner but still sometimes one forgets how blessed we are.

I am really learning to be content with what I have and I just love being at home. I am never bored as always something I can putter with or write to my penpals from MJ Farm!!! There blessings already for the book

Thank you all for your friendship and encouragement as well!!
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  08:58:03 AM  Show Profile
All these ideas are so wonderful. I have a Beth Moore book, as I have mentioned before, called Whispers of Hope. When I look back through what I wrote several years ago, it blows me away how many prayers were answered, and how many blessings were bestowed, even though I could not see it when I was in the midst of it. Yea for a blessings journal!

We certainly ALL experience dry times, when the relationship with God just seems to be empty or one-sided. But then when you look back, after keeping going and praying and hoping, you see that things were unfolding in His time and for His purposes. If we can only hang on to that when we are afraid and sad and fighting anger during our days.

Last night, daughter and I went to a summer gathering of women from h er church The topic was...how to continue to see joy and awe during the times when we are struggling with children, husbands, and the daily routines. Many, many of the women, all ages, expressed the same things I have read here.....from uncertainty to being a good mom to grief over a failing father....so it is life that is happening to us, in whatever era we are in, and life is a gift.

Every day I speak blessings on my family, and choose all over again to try and focus on Him. So hard, but so common among us all! I felt a longing to do something to make everything right among the women I heard talk. But there is not much we can do except listen and love each other. God is there, and He will make himself known. We have to keep a sharp eye out.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Jul 16 2009 09:05:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  11:14:52 AM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness, ya'll. Chill bumps all over! What great stories and insight here. I just read this page and am so glad I did. Such wonderful inspiration here for all of us. I love it. I need to see this every day. I am so glad for the do-overs. Because I am always making such a mess out of my life. And all I have to do is trust God and believe that He is still in control and he isn't going anywhere. He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow! I need Him constantly beside me in all I do.

Thank you all for keeping this going. I am so thankful this thread is still here and hasn't gotten booted off. That's a God thang for sure!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  06:35:37 AM  Show Profile
Ha, Sheri, you are right. It is the Holy Spirit; He IS the kindred spirit!

Rae, isn't it awesome to have a taste of real contentment? We can find blessings from God in every area of our lives if we would just take notice. He provides real joy. I just want to keep that in the forefront of my mind.

Oh, Jeannie, it is that daily routine that sometimes seems to grind me down. No wonder they call it the "daily grind". Right now I am coming off of a vacation high, but I am right back to my forever job of doing laundry and dishes and cleaning. I do appreciate a daily routine, but sometimes I just need a kick in the pants to remember to be thankful for all things. Life is good!

You are right about dry times but reading y'alls experiences in your walks with God are helping me to stay vital in my walk. That must be one of the reasons to "not forsake the gathering together of believers".

Farmgirl Sister #554

http://alabamaheartofdixie.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  06:56:45 AM  Show Profile
Wow what a great thread! I love hearing what God has done or is doing for others! Aint God good! My hubby came home yesterday and said his trucked had torn up and he had to get someone to pull it home for him. The first thing I did was start worring , we have so many more yrs to get it payed off, no money saved to get it fixed and this is his sole transportation to work as he is our sole provider. Boy does the devil try to steal our joy! But looking at this thread this morning I know what I need to do, go get before God and turn it over to him because thru him all things are possible! Thanks girls for giving me a reminder that God is always there for me! Many blessings, Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  07:22:16 AM  Show Profile
This morning I was looking around at all my unfinished projects. I have a cross-stitch I've started and haven't touched in two weeks. I have a sketch on a canvas I want to get painted. I've been intending to refinish a desk. There are 7 plants in pots I need to get in the garden. And I just bought a stack of books I can't wait to read. I absolutely LOVE doing each of these things. They make me so happy! But other things take priority, like washing the clothes and vacuuming the floor and cooking the meals and trying to make a sell during this tough economy. So I was musing to God how I couldn't wait for the day when I'd be with Him and could do all these things I love most to do, that are my heart's desire. Then I thought how we've been taught that our time in the afterlife will be spent praising God as the angels do. Which got me to wondering....

...how do ya'll see us spending our time when we leave this earthly world for our permanent home?

~~Cherry~~

http://cherrymedarlin.blogspot.com

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  09:13:22 AM  Show Profile
After spending time with family that has gone on before us, farmgirls getting together to finally meet!!
This thread is awesome, helps me keep my life prioritized. I try to remember to ask myself before I do things, "What would Jesus do". Has anyone read In His Steps. That books will change your life!!!
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  09:28:46 AM  Show Profile
Cherry, I think about your question a lot, about how time will be spent in Heaven. Time as we know it, and family love, too, are earthly gifts, but who knows how much better it will be (beyond imagination) in Heaven? He asks us to love another as ourselves. So I always wonder, if we get to Hesven and the spirit of love is that "across the board", and we love purely as we are asked to do, how will we choose to love our previous earthly family more than the others around us? We will know pure love at that point, and no favorites can be in existence at that level. Perhaps we are able to blissfully let go of ALL earthly things......

If I think about it too much, it detracts from the focus of doing His work here, and just having faith that He will unfold things in His time, after I pass. Here on earth, He gives us the choice - to choose Him and follow HIm. I hope in Heaven He gives us a little choice too!

I would choose to be on a farm, with beautiful days each day and breezes, and my family together, some being together for the first time, like my mother and my daughter and granddaughters.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Jul 21 2009 09:29:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  09:34:53 AM  Show Profile
This morning in my devotions I read, 'there is never any reason to sin.' Wow, its not like I didn't know this, but to be reminded that I have a choice in every situation. To be kind, or get angry. To keep my mouth shut, or use my words to spread gossip or hurt someone. I have a choice. But I am human, I will sin. But I have a choice. The dilema is ongoing. How do I combat this, how do I sin less and less and become more and more like Jesus? '...but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.' 2 Corinthians 4:16 'And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.'Romans 12:2

So how do I do it, daily on my face before the Lord, in His word. And when I fall, ask for forgiveness, believe in His promise that He 'as far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us', and the walk in grace.

This really encouraged and strengthened my heart today, so I thought maybe someone else needed to be reminded too.

"Lord, I would ask a special prayer for each christian farmgirl here today, that each of us would allow You to renew our minds that we would be more like You today, than yesterday. That we would believe Your word and walk in grace as we trodden the daily path before us in a world that throws obstacles in our way. Help us to step over them, go around them, crawl under them if need be to continue our goal to follow You."

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

Edited by - Julia on Jul 21 2009 09:37:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  11:15:51 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for the prayer. It is so important to remember to thank God for all. We pray together before our dinner each eve thanking for blessings and asking for guidance. My daughter was home visiting this weekend and she commented that she really liked the prayer, simple and just there.
Rae

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  1:35:01 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Hi sisters, Forgive me for not reading back thru this topic so I am not caught up.
I do have a question that I hope someone can help me find.
I don't even know where my bible with the concordance in it is... :-(

Pastor in sermon today says the bible says "clothe yourself in the apron of humility"
where is that? Pastor put an apron on while preaching part of the sermon on servanthood.
Makes me want to see it in my bible.

Linda in Scranton, PA
Go to Top of Page

quiltin mama
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Heather
Crescent City CA
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  2:01:52 PM  Show Profile
Linda- I searched for "apron" in my concordance and all I could find was a passage in Acts but it wasn't the same. I also searched the web but wouldn't find anything past Genesis and Acts (neither of them speaking of what you had typed.) Maybe someone else can find it?

my blog www.mountainhomequilts.blogspot.com
handmade quilts on etsy www.mountainhomequilts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  2:05:02 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
It's a good question I can ask my new pastor..it's a big church so I don't get a chance to chat with him. I am getting to know the young associate pastor..he's a good one to ask too.
It must be in some version of bible. It is an Assembly of God church so nothing new or wierd..
lol

Linda in Scranton, PA
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  2:19:18 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
60-1 Peter
60-5:5
Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.

I think it's probably this verse and the original text used a word that means APRON.

I would love to have the version that states it with the word apron. Isn't that cool??

Linda in Scranton, PA
Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  5:34:33 PM  Show Profile
Karen, thank-you for these words of encouragement. I needed them today. My son is away at school and it seems like everything is going wrong and I am getting really overwhelmed. This week already it is spiraling away again and I'm going into instant worry/panic mode. On Sunday night I just cried to God for help. Just to get us through this and come out the other side. It is a concious effort for me to put a stop to the instant worry and and leave it in God's hands. I really have to practice that instead of practicing worrying.
I appreciate your post very much.
quote:
Originally posted by Ga Girl

Wow what a great thread! I love hearing what God has done or is doing for others! Aint God good! My hubby came home yesterday and said his trucked had torn up and he had to get someone to pull it home for him. The first thing I did was start worring , we have so many more yrs to get it payed off, no money saved to get it fixed and this is his sole transportation to work as he is our sole provider. Boy does the devil try to steal our joy! But looking at this thread this morning I know what I need to do, go get before God and turn it over to him because thru him all things are possible! Thanks girls for giving me a reminder that God is always there for me! Many blessings, Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
www.KKJD1.etsy.com

ANGIE
"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance" JUDE 1:2

http://www.pinkroomponderings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  6:07:53 PM  Show Profile
Prayers of peace to you Angie. Try a worry box, that is where you write the worry, date it and put it in a box for God to take care of. Later go back and look at your worries and see how many are still a worry. I had to do this a while ago as got on overload. Actually since moving out here in the country I just feel much more sane and I know God is with me.
I used to read Matthew 6 starting with verse 25 a lot and it was very comforting.
Personally I love the book of John as well as it gives me a great sense of peace.
Rae

Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  03:15:01 AM  Show Profile
Rae, thank-you for your encouragement. I like the idea of a box, something tangible. That's part of my problem with my son being so far away, I feel useless like I cannot actually "do" anything. But I also know that if he was close to home, I would be stepping in and taking charge and fixing everything on his behalf and thus would not give him the opportunity to learn and grow.
Oh, that verse in Matthew, I need to print that out on little postacrds and put them everywhere.
What I have learned is that when I'm in these worry situations I get tired and overwhlemed and start "pulling in" on myself. This week I am actually fighting back on that, yes, I will go to Bible study on Thursday, yes, I will go and teach a class at the shelter and yes, I will go to church. I WILL NOT let the enemy take my weakness and bind me with it in Jesus name....

ANGIE
"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance" JUDE 1:2

http://www.pinkroomponderings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  04:06:56 AM  Show Profile
Julia, thank you for that prayer for all of the farmgirls! We need it!

Angie, I am praying for you!

Cherry, I praise God when I explore this beautiful world that He has created, so I imagine myself exploring His new heaven and earth and praising Him for them, too. One thing is for sure about heaven, we won't get bored with it and it will be better than we ever imagined!

Farmgirl Sister #554

http://alabamaheartofdixie.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  04:33:31 AM  Show Profile
That is why I liked my box, I could see it and look inside if I really needed to but learned to trust God will take care in his time. There comes that darn patience thing and in his time. That is really my big weakness
That you God that you don't have that problem with me
The Bible does address everything which is going on in our lives which is always amazing as it did when written and still does today!!!
Rae

Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  05:26:31 AM  Show Profile
Angie, I understand how you feel about your son they never get to big for mama not to worry about them do they? My oldest is 18 and he and his girlfriend just rented a house together. I worry about them both neither are saved. I also have a 15 and 12 yr old and my hubby is also not saved so more worry there. I am a worry wart. It has always been so hard for me to let God handle things because I want things done Now! I am sure this is another reason God has let me go through the trials I have so he can also teach me patience. But boy can I be stubborn. Anyways I had a few verses I wanted to share with you about worry that I thought might help.
Philippins 4:6-7, Psalms 46:1-3, and 2 Corinthians 4:8-9. I will be praying for you and your son.
Rae I see you and I are alike in the patience department, thanks for the tid bit about the worry box great idea!
Julie thank you so much for your sweet prayer, it seems as though the devil is always throwing obstacles in our path. I also need to wake up each day and set my mind in a Christ like manner so I can make the right choices(with God's help). Each farmgirl here is such a blessings and encourgement! Blessings,Karen

www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  05:59:26 AM  Show Profile
Karen sounds like you and I could write a book on patience It is hard and I know that is why there are the trials here to teach me patience, all in good time, God's time.
Oh I just said a prayer and would like to share it, I hope you all don't mind:
OH God, please be with all these farm girls and thank you for bringing us all together. Let us encourage each other through our good and bad and be true to your word and will.
Amen
Rae

Go to Top of Page

Laila
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Laila
Kutztown PA
USA
273 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  06:13:08 AM  Show Profile
Rae,
What a lovely prayer. Thank you. I thank God for all the wisdom shared by our fellow farmgirls.

Laila
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  06:26:45 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Put on your apron of humility.
1 Peter 5:5

Edited by - yarnmamma on Jul 22 2009 10:27:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  06:55:15 AM  Show Profile
Oh Linda I don't think anyone thought that, at least I know I did not. I think we all get so excited we just like to share things with everyone. I love talking about God so really get going when I find people that care and love him as much as I do. If I offended anyone I apologize but like I said I love talking about him and his greatness and need for him in my life.
Rae

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 Family Matters: Previous Topic Wanted-Christian Fellowship Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page