Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Calling all Oregon Farmgirls!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Calling all Oregon Farmgirls! Next Topic
Page: of 2

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2005 :  3:45:33 PM  Show Profile
Do we have any Oregon farmgirls interested in starting a chapter
Julia, of Blueapple Farm and I have been chatting about getting one started. So if you would be interested please e-mail me so we can get things rolling. Thanks, Julia

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim

BlueApple
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Julia
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2005 :  8:02:50 PM  Show Profile  Send BlueApple an AOL message
Well, I'm in!

Julia
BlueApple Farm
Go to Top of Page

FlipFlopFarmer
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Carla
Molalla Oregon
198 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2005 :  5:32:22 PM  Show Profile
Hey farm girls!!! I'm in Oregon - near Molalla/Silverton. Reedsport is quite a ways from me I think. I started a chapter but so far, it's a party of one. I would love to "gather up" with other farm girls in my area.

Carla

Live simply.
Love generously.
Care deeply.
Speak kindly.
Go to Top of Page

BlueApple
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Julia
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2005 :  5:36:35 PM  Show Profile  Send BlueApple an AOL message
Hi Carla, I'm in the Newberg/Dundee area so not too far. Julia and I figured we would all be spread out but that's o.k....we can make it work!

Julia
BlueApple Farm
Go to Top of Page

FlipFlopFarmer
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Carla
Molalla Oregon
198 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2005 :  5:45:14 PM  Show Profile
Do you have a chapter started already and if so, have you all met yet?

We live on about 4.5 acres. We have a dairy cow, two steers, two pigs (at least for another coupld of weeks), 12 hens, and one rotten rooster. I just started knitting....not very well though and have lots of other farm girl interests.

Carla

Live simply.
Love generously.
Care deeply.
Speak kindly.
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2005 :  10:08:51 AM  Show Profile
Hey Carla! I sent you an email before I saw your post. I say we get this party going! Let me know your response from my email. Julia

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

60 Posts

Tammy
Port Orford Oregon
60 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2005 :  1:05:59 PM  Show Profile
Count me in! I am in Port Orford Oregon, Southern Coast.

When I feel spring coming I have to plant or I’ll go crazy!
Go to Top of Page

BlueApple
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Julia
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2005 :  2:34:08 PM  Show Profile  Send BlueApple an AOL message
I'm so excited about this!

Julia
BlueApple Farm
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2005 :  8:41:43 PM  Show Profile
Me too! I have emailed one other Oregon gal that I located but haven't heard back from her. Hopefully, we can meet before the hoilday rush sets in. Hang on and we will be in touch as soon as possible. Blueapple Julia suggested a newsletter to keep us all in touch since we are so spread out. So give me some time as I hope to here from the other gal soon. If not we will get this show on the road. JUlia

Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2005 :  4:00:44 PM  Show Profile

Hi Oregon Farmgirls!! I'm tickled pink to see that you are all planning a get together. Carla was hoping to find neighboring farmgirls interested in joining a Farmgirl Chapter. Have fun getting to know each other!! Carla, if you send news of your gathering I'd be happy to include it in the Chapter Leader newsletter, too!
sunnily yours,

MaryJane's Left-Hand Farmgirl
Cindylou
cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2005 :  7:57:28 PM  Show Profile
Julia -

I would be interested in the Oregon Chapter. I'm in Portland, but am familiar with most of the ares you gals are all from since I grew up in Woodburn and still see my parents down there. A newsletter would be a great idea to keep in touch.

Anne

"Second star to the right, straight on till morning" Peter Pan
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2005 :  10:03:45 PM  Show Profile
Yeah Anne! So glad you want to join up! Will be in touch soon with details for our first meetings. Eugene seems to be a central point for all of us, does that work for you? How do Saturdays work? Julia

Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2005 :  5:35:28 PM  Show Profile
Julia -

Eugene is a drive, but doable. Wouldn't be able to make every meeting,depending on the schedule. Saturdays are always best since I work M-F and Sundays are my sacred days.

Anne

Go to Top of Page

BlueApple
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Julia
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2005 :  7:27:24 PM  Show Profile  Send BlueApple an AOL message
Anne, if you are interested...you could meet up with myself and Toni and ride with us. Portland is only about 30 minutes from me.

Julia
BlueApple Farm
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2005 :  3:06:59 PM  Show Profile
Julia -

Thanks for the ride offer. We'll see, don't want you two to go out of your way.

Anne

Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2005 :  09:19:35 AM  Show Profile
Good MOrning Girls! SOunds like we will have a good group meeting. I am really excited about this. Saturdays seem to be the day to work with. Put in pencil, NOv.5th on your calender. Still woring on aplace to meet, so will give a final word soon as I can. ALso if you all would send me your emails then I can send out a group email with all the final info to all of you. Thanks for your patience. Julia of Reedsport.

Go to Top of Page

simplegirl
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Teresa
OR
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2005 :  7:09:00 PM  Show Profile
Hey ladies! I live in Hillsboro, just a spot west of Portland. I haven't made much time for the forum in a while but now that the cold weather has set in I have a bit more time on my hands. I received a bumper sticker from someone with a mail art note but can't remember who it was. :-( Anyway, I would love to be a member of the Oregon crowd!

Teresa

Until you make peace with who you are, you'll never be content with what you have. ~Doris Mortman
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

74 Posts

Tammy
Southern Coast Oregon
74 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2005 :  7:22:08 PM  Show Profile
Hi Julia and everyone in Oregon. I just signed back up after experiencing tech difficulties. I have a new user name, but it's still me Tammy from Port Orford.

So Julia, do you happen to have any pictures from your get together? I would love to see them and here about your day in Eugene.

When I feel spring coming I have to plant or I’ll go crazy!
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2005 :  7:29:29 PM  Show Profile
Hi Tammy and Teresa -

It's great to hear that two more want to join in the fun of the Oregon Chapter of "Yarn & Garden" Farmgirls. It was fun finally meeting some of the girls in Eugene. It was great of Julia from Reedsport to organize us to meet. Julia of BlueApple Farm is going to take up the task of doing our newsletter. Glad to have you two on board.

Anne Portland,OR

Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2005 :  10:14:58 PM  Show Profile
Maybe sometime the North Clark County Farmgirls can meet up with the Yarn & Garden Farmgirls. We're not that far away!

The only time that housework comes before sewing is in the dictionary!
http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

BlueApple
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Julia
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2005 :  04:26:33 AM  Show Profile  Send BlueApple an AOL message
Nice to meet you, Teresa! You are very close to me - I'm in the Newberg/Dundee area! Our group is growing!

Julia
BlueApple Farm
Go to Top of Page

McKenzie Mist
Farmgirl in Training

41 Posts

Bev
Walterville Oregon
USA
41 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2005 :  7:26:31 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Teresa! I had the pleasure of meeting some of the Oregon gals at the Nov. 5 gathering in Eugene. It's a great group of ladies and we share so many common interests that there just didn't seem to be an awkward moment all morning. Hopefully we'll have an opportunity to all gather again soon so that we can meet you and Tammy, too!
Go to Top of Page

BlueApple
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Julia
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2005 :  05:37:29 AM  Show Profile  Send BlueApple an AOL message
Kay, that would be so much fun if we could all get together! What a great time we would all have!

Julia
BlueApple Farm
Go to Top of Page

simplegirl
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Teresa
OR
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2005 :  4:57:30 PM  Show Profile
Hi again ladies! I wonder with the business of the season coming to a close if there were plans for another meeting soon? I think weather may be a hindrence...there is slight flooding going on over here between Julia's place and mine. What fun the winter brings. :-)

Until you make peace with who you are, you'll never be content with what you have. ~Doris Mortman
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2005 :  08:29:50 AM  Show Profile
Teresa -

If I remember right from the last get together, we talked about early spring before everyone got busy with gardens, farm work, etc. Your right about the weather, man there has been a ton of rain and flooding, not only on the coast but here in the valley as well.

Anne in Portland

Go to Top of Page

GardenWitch
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Michelle
Gaston OR
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2006 :  2:17:26 PM  Show Profile
Hi All! I'm Michelle, and Julia recently contacted me about the Farmgirl Chapter in these here parts. I just got my bumper sticker and other goodies today, hooray!!!!! Thanks Julia (now if I could just figure out which Julia is which? Is ther more than one?) I live by Hagg Lake, between Forest Grove and Gaston, OR.

The sun came out for about half an hour and I went outside but brrrrr the wind is cold!

I hope we'll all meet in the "real" world before too long, but until then it's nice to make a connection.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Calling all Oregon Farmgirls! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page