Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Calling all Oregon Farmgirls!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Calling all Oregon Farmgirls! Next Topic
Page: of 2

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2006 :  4:15:20 PM  Show Profile
Hi Michelle -

Glad you are aboard. Yes there are two Julias. One from Reedsport and the other from Newburg/Dundee. If you scroll up you'll see their log ons to this forum.
I live in SE Portland in an old house with a big yard.
Great to have another member of the Oregon Chapter.

Anne

"Second star to the right, straight on till morning" Peter Pan
Go to Top of Page

McKenzie Mist
Farmgirl in Training

41 Posts

Bev
Walterville Oregon
USA
41 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2006 :  12:45:33 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Michelle! I'm Bev and I live in the McKenzie Valley in eastern Lane County. Look forward to meeting you some day.
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2006 :  8:33:57 PM  Show Profile
HI Girls! Glad to see you chatting. I didn't even think to look to see if anyone was. Hope you are all working on your journal pages and getting things sent to Julia F. for the newsletter. I haven't seen anything posted of hers since Dec. Hoping she is well.
Tammy, you asked if I had pictures from our first meeting. Unfortunaly, we had computer problems and we lost all our photos for the past two years. I have only a couple that Michelle S. took, but they aren't in my computer. SOrry.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

HollyDee
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Holly
Coburg Oregon
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2006 :  5:41:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi, I'm brand new and I feel like there are finally some ladies out there I can relate with. I live in Coburg Oregon 3 miles N of Eugene, We have 10 acres and now that the house is habitable and I have a yard, clothesline and garden It's time to form some conversation with others who have the same interests as I do. Looking forward to getting to know some new ladies and join the Oregon chapter. HollyDee
Go to Top of Page

McKenzie Mist
Farmgirl in Training

41 Posts

Bev
Walterville Oregon
USA
41 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2006 :  10:29:18 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Holly! I am also in Lane County, up the McKenzie Valley. It is fun to find others that share our love for the country life. When the Oregon Farmgirls met in Eugene this past fall, it wasn't the least bit awkward - we all had many common interests and it was so fun to visit with everyone. Hopefully we'll have another get-together this spring and we can all meet you as well! Enjoy the Farmgirl Connection - it is fun to read through.

Go to Top of Page

GardenWitch
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Michelle
Gaston OR
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2006 :  07:56:33 AM  Show Profile
Cool, another farmgirl in OR ...

Holly, I've been thinking of puttin up a clothesline this summer. Line dried clothes smell gooooood.

So when ARE we getting together?

To forget how to dig the earth and to tend the soil is to forget ourselves. --Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

74 Posts

Tammy
Southern Coast Oregon
74 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2006 :  10:13:18 AM  Show Profile
Hello, everyone...it's been a while. I have been very busy expanding our family’s nursery in Port Orford. Last year was our first year opening a full time retail center, in years past we just had weekend sales during the growing season. Since we opened we have worked so hard to expand. During 2005 we increased our inventory 20 x what we originally carried, grew and propagated. Its exciting, but hard work. So we have been busy maintaining our year round inventory and we are also getting ready for spring and summer sales. This month we have already planted about 2000 plants. And I think we have about 4000 more over the next few months. It's so exciting.

So that's the latest...so that's were I have been.

Julia (Reedsport) has been so nice keeping me up to date on our chapter’s latest happenings. I'm really looking forward to creating the journal page. It'll be nice to sit down and do something creative.

Holly-welcome to the forum and welcome to our Oregon Chapter. We are in the company of some very nice women.

I hope everyone is getting a little dose of Sunshine. God Bless you all.

When I feel spring coming I have to plant or I’ll go crazy!
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2006 :  5:05:45 PM  Show Profile
Yeah ! Another farmgirl! Welcome Holly!!! Please email me with you full name, snail mail and e-mail addresses so I can get you on the list. Very glad to have you! Julia V.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

simplegirl
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Teresa
OR
USA
44 Posts

Posted - May 02 2006 :  08:58:40 AM  Show Profile
Sorry I haven't been so good at keeping in touch! Life has gotten somewhat hectic but seems to be taking on a new routine so I may be around a little more often.

I thought I was going to be able to attend the get-together this weekend but as it turns out it is the same day as my sister's graduation from college. It never fails eh? Anyway, have a wonderful time all!

Teresa

Until you make peace with who you are, you'll never be content with what you have. ~Doris Mortman
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - May 04 2006 :  06:58:40 AM  Show Profile
Teresa -

We will miss you. I will send an update to all Oregon Farmgirls in the chapter of our activities on Saturday. I hope to take DH's digital camera and take some photos and post them. I have many notes from Julia and how to proceed with our meeting, so hope all will go well. Have fun at your sister's graduation and we will be thinking about you.

Anne in Portland, OR

"Second star to the right, straight on till morning" Peter Pan
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Calling all Oregon Farmgirls! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page