Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise
 MJF mag?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic MJF mag? Next Topic
Page: of 3

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - May 03 2008 :  10:41:16 AM  Show Profile
can I get MJF mag in a bookstore? Borders, Barnes and Noble?
Deborah

we have moved to our farm...and love it

primjillie
True Blue Farmgirl

138 Posts

Jill
Antelope CA
USA
138 Posts

Posted - May 03 2008 :  2:04:22 PM  Show Profile
It is supposed to be at the bookstores, but I can't find it. It doesn't look like you can order it from Mary Jane's site, so I'm not sure how to get it.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 03 2008 :  2:13:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Copied from another MJ Mag post:

Gking
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Greg
Norwalk CT
USA

Posted - May 01 2008 : 10:59:37 AM Show Profile Email Poster Reply with Quote
Hello - I handle the subscription and single copy marketing of MaryJanesFarm. What does that mean? I spread the word about MaryJane and her Farmgirl mission through the mail, internet and newsstands. It�s my job to make sure everyone is paid-up on their subscription and keeps getting their copy of MaryJanesFarm throughout the year.

Reading some of your posts and listening to our customer service reps, it looks like we�re in the middle of some growing pains. MaryJanesFarm is now publishing 6 times a year, with 4 issues coming out in 2008 and 6 a year, thereafter. Many of you subscribed to the magazine through a solicitation made in November of 2007. And many of you heard about the relaunch of the magazine from your friends.

Some of you eagerly asked to be put on the subscription file and we happily did so. Some of you simply asked for a sample copy of the next issue. I fear that we misread the intentions of many of you and did not get all of your names and addresses onto our mailing list.

Over the past 6 months, MaryJanes� staff in Idaho has gathered hundreds of names and addresses of folks either looking to subscribe or wanting a sample issue. I have this list and am in the process of mailing every person on it the new issue of MaryJanesFarm and adding them to the subscriber list. (For some of you, this will be a duplicate copy. Enjoy the second copy yourself or pass it on to a friend.)

Anyone receiving a copy of MaryJanesFarm you will also receive an invoice for $19.95 (the subscription price for a one year, 6 issue subscription. The first copy is included in the subscription.) If MaryJanesFarm is everything you expected and you wish to continue receiving it, please pay the invoice as instructed. If you�d rather not subscribe, simply write �No thanks� on the invoice and return it in the envelope provided. Keep the first issue with my compliments.

If you have not contacted MaryJane about subscribing in the past and would like to, please place an order online at:

https://secure.palmcoastd.com/pcd/eSv?iMagId=01002&i4Ky=IMJF

Any questions about your subscription can be emailed to:

maryjanesfarmwebcs@palmcoastd.com

One final note now that MaryJanesFarm magazine is up and running again, any new subscription order placed (via the phone, email, website or mail) takes some time to get processed. From your hands to our computer system to a mailing label to the front of the magazine, into the mail to (finally!) your mailbox, takes some time. Roughly 3 weeks or so. I appreciate your patience. I think the magazine is worth the wait.

Greg

PS The new issue is being called our �Summer Issue�. I realize it�s not summer yet but it�s designed to hold you over until early July when the next issue, the �August/September� issue will arrive.

Give a gift subscription to MaryJanesFarm! Go to the Subscribe section of the website.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - May 03 2008 :  2:15:51 PM  Show Profile
Here's a list of the major chains to find MJF Magazine:

Borders
Barnes & Noble
Kroger
Meyers
Wegmans
A & P
Tractor Supply
Whole Foods

It is also available in various different grocery outlets.

Here is where you can subscribe:
https://secure.palmcoastd.com/pcd/eSv?iMagId=01002&i4Ky=IMJF

The $100 greenhouse plans will be in the next issue August/Sept. issue called Raising Jane.

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - May 03 2008 :  5:24:14 PM  Show Profile
Deborah don't know if you have Hastings in your area but they carry it too.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 03 2008 :  5:58:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Winco Foods also has it.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

BarnChickCecily
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

Cecily
Corydon IN
USA
673 Posts

Posted - May 03 2008 :  7:17:33 PM  Show Profile
Jill, If you go to maryjanesfarm.com and click on "magazines and books," then scroll down...there is a link that says "subscribe to our magazine today." That's how I subscribed.
Go to Top of Page

BarnChickCecily
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

Cecily
Corydon IN
USA
673 Posts

Posted - May 04 2008 :  6:30:24 PM  Show Profile
YAY!!!! After reading thru these postings yesterday and seeing that the Tractor Supply co. sells MaryJanesFarm mag, I decided that I would check out the one here to see if they had it... sure enough, they did!!!! I bought 3 and I have one in the mail on the way to me from my subscription. I gave one to my twin sis. She loves them, too. So, Meg, thanks for the list of places that sell the magazine!!!
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  05:27:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Well, I tried Border's in downtown Louisville last week. That's where I've been buying the magazine. I called to make sure, and was told that they don't carry it. So I tried every Kroger store in my end of town(3) and every Kroger store in nearby Indiana(3) and no magazine. When I emailed the subscription person last week, she asked me to wait until the weekend and email again if I didn't receive it. I got a second bill last week, but still no magazine. So I went to the only Barnes and Noble here yesterday and couldn't find it, so I asked at the desk. The young man strode over to the magazine section and walked past the women's, gardening, home, etc. magazines(like he'd had this question before) and went to the end 'Science, Nature' section. I never would have looked for it there. Why would they put it there? Anyhow, of course I LOVE the magazine! I just wish it was more widely available here. And when I do get my copy in the mail, of course I'll give it to my bff Susan, who will LOVE it as much as I do. And we'll both subscribe. But that's not getting the word out. Should I be asking/complaining to Kroger's? Border's? I can be quite the nagging shrew(just ask my poor dh) when necessary.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Gking
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Greg
Norwalk CT
USA
30 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  06:09:14 AM  Show Profile
Hello,

Greg here from MaryJane's subscription and single copy department. Looks like there are 4 Borders stores in Louisville:

1. S 4th Street
2. Hurstbourne
3. Bardstown Rd
4. Shelbyville Rd

And they received between 6 and 12 copies of this issue of MJF to sell. If you were in one of these stores and wish to cause a stir, tell them you know it's there!!!

As you experieced at B & N, the magazine's location within each store can be a bit of a mystery. I'm working on getting it positioned properly - places like "women's", "gardening", or "home"...

Asking the store clerk or manager will definitely help get the magazine not only in more stores but more prominently positioned and therefore easier to find. So keep asking!!

One tip that may help - While the magazine is called "MaryJanesFarm", I'll bet you it's in various store systems as "Mary Janes Farm" ie with spaces between the words. You never know how a computer will tranlate something.

And if you really want to get inside "the system", ask the store to look up the magazine's bipad number. That's the number under the UPC code (the ugly barcode). MJF's is 74470-02641. They may only need the final 5 digits to find the magazine.

It will get easier to find, I promise.

Greg
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  06:27:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Thanks, Greg. The Fourth Street Border's is the one I go to. I have no problem causing a small 'stir'. :) I'll be walking to Border's this week and I'll check for myself. I'll save that handy bipad number.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  06:38:00 AM  Show Profile
please correct me if I am wrong..... I vaguely remeber something about if we placed an order on-line that was over $100.00 we would get a free subscription. Is this true? please advise. Thanks

"learn to watch snails" SARK
Go to Top of Page

Sunny
True Blue Farmgirl

120 Posts

120 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  08:16:07 AM  Show Profile
Hi Melanie,

Thank you for mentioning and asking about that. I'll explain.

MaryJane began publishing her magazine in early 2002 as a way to educate others about an organic lifestyle and to help promote her organic food business. She published the magazine all at her own expense for five years. To increase the circulation, she offered to customers who placed an order of over $50 of products, a free one-year subscription.

The "$50 free subscriptions" were discontinued last year, and we partnered with the magazine publisher that is now making it possible for all of you to enjoy the magazine more frequently than we were ever able to publish it before! We are very happy about the partnership, because it leaves MaryJane to do what she loves doing most...creating a quality, information-packed magazine. And the publisher can make it much more widely available and handle all the subscription details, which suits us just fine, too! (Thanks for all the concise answers and info, Greg!)

We appreciate them and most especially, we appreciate all of you with all of your positive feedback and support for the magazine.

Thanks again,

~Sunny

Farmgirl Sister #4

You never know what each day will bring, so laugh, love, sing.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  12:07:02 PM  Show Profile
Today, I got two MJF magazines - one from the farm, and one from Belvoir! I am so excited. I had bought two copies also, so now I can share the extra copies with those in the farmgirl chapter who do not have a subscription! Thank you all!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

primjillie
True Blue Farmgirl

138 Posts

Jill
Antelope CA
USA
138 Posts

Posted - May 07 2008 :  7:00:16 PM  Show Profile
I finally found the magazine at Barnes and Noble. But it was in the "Lifestyles" section (which I never knew existed!), so no wonder I couldn't find it. I was looking with the other "home and decorating" type magazines. Luckily, I asked at the desk and they helped me. I only glanced it so far and it looks wonderful, but it looks funny to see ads in it!
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - May 08 2008 :  05:10:05 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Sunny, I am going to ask "Santa" to get me the subscription for Christmas......if I can wait that long!!LOL!!

"learn to watch snails" SARK
Go to Top of Page

idcityrose
True Blue Farmgirl

202 Posts

Rose
Idaho City Idaho
USA
202 Posts

Posted - May 08 2008 :  05:30:29 AM  Show Profile
Since our chapter is in this "She's A Keeper" issue I wanted to get as many copies as possible. I first got 10 copies, then called Barnes and Noble in Boise and had them hold another 10 copies, which I picked up the next day and that still wasn't enough so yesterday I was in Boise again and tried Barnes & Noble to see if they had any left and they did so I got another 4 copies.

This is the best magazine ever and the Barnes & Noble in Boise has some freestanding magazine racks in addition to the wall display and I found the magazine in a very prominent place on the freestanding racks, no searching at all. I don't think 4 more will be enough so I may have to go back and clean them out or try another store. We have a Borders across the street from B & N.

What a great magazine!

Some people look for happiness, others create it!

We are never alone in the forest of Sisters! We "Mountain Farmgirls" are outstanding in our field!
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - May 08 2008 :  08:26:21 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
my first issue came with the "free" offer here on the site very promptly.
i have always had to purchase the magazine at the hastings in sherman, texas which is about 30 miles away.
now we have a tractor supply store which has never carried the mj magazine, but glad to hear they do have it.
i am gonna subscribe, cause it is such a bargain and then i am not at the mercy of whether or not the local sources are out.
the new edition is really wonderful, as everyone here knows. the photos are beautiful, which is what caught my eye with my first purchase of the mj magazine, a few years back.
i love all the features in the magazine and think the transition to the new magazine has been a good one. really loved it all, but especially loved the feature on our own farmgirl frannie from kentucky and her beautiful dolls.
i am glad to know, though, that if i have a subscription, and my magazine disappers(which has happened in the past) at least know i can go down to the local tractor store and replace it.

love
frannie in texas

(http://farmfolks-frannie.blogspot.com/)
(http://abunnystale.blogspot.com/)
Go to Top of Page

JenniferJuniper
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Jennifer
New Hampshire
USA
359 Posts

Posted - May 09 2008 :  10:46:37 AM  Show Profile
I got mine today; the mag was not at my local B&N but it was at Border's. I was completely excited as I drove home (combining errands to save gas). Then I see one of my posts on page 19! I haven't been this excited since I won a Big Wheel when I was 5!!!
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - May 10 2008 :  1:56:47 PM  Show Profile
I got my copy at Borders in VA - thre were only two other copies left and I was tempted to buy all three for sharing, but then worried that another farmgirl would be left out in the cold. The magazine guy had to show me where they were; he said he wasn't sure which subject they should fall under. At least he remembered the magazine when I asked him if they had it. I tolk him farmgirls decorate houses, do creative crafts and projects, feed our family and friends, and that he should order lots of copies and shelve them in different places! He thinks I am nuts; but that's okay...

Jo

"Wish I had time to work with herbs all day!"
Go to Top of Page

narrowwayfarm
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Carrie
TN
USA
1 Posts

Posted - May 14 2008 :  06:47:17 AM  Show Profile
I am wondering if there is a new one out?? the last magazine I got was the one with the 5 apron patterns.. could someone let me know I am desperatly wanting to know so I can find one in my area.. they are hard to find here in east tennessee. We are just outside of Johnson City/Greeneville area. thanks

Michael & Carrie
Narrow Way Farm

The offer still stands John 3:16
Go to Top of Page

Sunny
True Blue Farmgirl

120 Posts

120 Posts

Posted - May 14 2008 :  09:43:02 AM  Show Profile
Hi Carrie,

Yes, there is a new one out, and it has a photo of MaryJane as a little girl with chicks on the cover as well as the "present day" MaryJane with a cowgirl hat on. It's called MaryJanesFarm - "She's a Keeper." It's MaryJane's 10th issue of the magazine, and is dated May, June, and July 2008.

If you'd like a copy sent to you, please call our publisher at 1-800-476-4611 or e-mail customer_service@belvoir.com and they will send you one with a chance to subscribe. If you choose not to subscribe, you can write "no thanks" on the invoice, mail it back to them, and the first magazine is yours to keep.

This issue will only be available for those who call or e-mail through the third week of June (or until they run out of them). There will be no back issues of this current or future issues available for purchase later. (The publisher only prints what they estimate they'll need and no more.)

We will continue to sell the back issues 2 - 9 from MaryJanesFarm until we run out.

Thanks so much for writing, and please let me know if you have any other questions.

~Sunny
MaryJanesFarm
888-750-6004

Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 14 2008 :  09:44:51 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Sunny-

How do I find out if my subscription made it through? I haven't received an email or anything. Just wanted to check and make sure everything was ok. Thanks.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Sunny
True Blue Farmgirl

120 Posts

120 Posts

Posted - May 14 2008 :  09:53:46 AM  Show Profile
Hi Heather,

Call the publisher at 1-800-476-4611, and ask them if they have you in their system. They might, and your issue might be on its way to you, but it's always best to know for sure!

Thanks,

~Sunny

Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 14 2008 :  09:56:23 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for the quick response Sunny!! Have a terrific day!!

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Sunny
True Blue Farmgirl

120 Posts

120 Posts

Posted - May 14 2008 :  10:03:15 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Heather; you too!!!

~Sunny

Farmgirl Sister #4

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic MJF mag? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page