Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Kygurlsrbest vs. SUV...I won!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Kygurlsrbest vs. SUV...I won!!!! Next Topic
Page: of 3

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  06:38:05 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
oh jonni, i wish you were here at the farm with me today. i would build a small fire in the stove and brew up a little tea, but first i would give you a big hug and say i am so glad you are safe....and you are safe, cause it sounds like you have wonderful family and friends helping you out. please, dont push yourself, and i think patricia is very wise with her advice about crying.
will be thinking alot of you today and sending HUGS from texas.

love
frannie in texas

(http://farmfolks-frannie.blogspot.com/)
(http://abunnystale.blogspot.com/)
Go to Top of Page

lilyblossom
True Blue Farmgirl

416 Posts

Donna
Evansville IN
USA
416 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  06:40:41 AM  Show Profile
Jonni, I'm glad your mom convinced you that a hospital visit was best and that you did not experience any broken bones. The reality of the whole incident and how precious life truly is would cause anyone to break down and cry. The most important factor is that your survived.

Hopefully the police will be able to stop the person who hit you from doing it again. Keeping you in my prayers and sending warm hugs.

Donna...true blue KY farm girl, farmgirl #86
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  06:41:02 AM  Show Profile
Jonni, I'm so glad you got checked out and that you're fine. Take it easy on yourself. Your fears will subside in time because they'll have to in order for you to "march on" and I know you're not the type to just give up or hide. These accidents or near accidents are really hard on you right now because this is all still so fresh and you haven't had time to heal yet. You'll be ok because the love and support of your family and all of us will get you through this. Bear hugs.

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

gafarmwoman
True Blue Farmgirl

244 Posts

Pam
Georgia
USA
244 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  06:50:45 AM  Show Profile
Jonni, I just read what happened. I am so glad you are not seriously hurt. I also read all the others nice comments and concerns for you. It is so wonderful you have so many nice people worrying about you. That right there must make you feel better.
I hope you won't be sore too long. Take care of yourself.

You can never have enough friends.
Please come and sit a spell with me at Life on a Southern Farm
http://georgiafarmwoman.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  07:11:43 AM  Show Profile
Whew! Take it easy today...these kind of experiences can affect us in so many unexpected ways. I am so sorry you had two more scary things happen. Things really do come in threes!

So glad nothing is cracked or broken. What a relief that you are basically okay. That crazy woman. How could she just drive away? Oh well, you are fine. That is what is most important.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  07:39:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Oh Jonni,I am so flippin glad your body is okay.I am sorry but I have NO sympathy for people who dont care. She obviously didnt care.You had an angel with you yesterday, I hope you continue to heal quickly and can put this behind you.

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

Rich or Poor, It Dont matter We're all the same everybodys hungry in a different way....

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

www.justanotherhousewife.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  07:59:02 AM  Show Profile
Jonni, I'm so sorry that happened. You must be really sore today. I'm glad to that you went to the docs and got checked out. I hope something is done about that lady because it's clear she shouldn't be driving. Hope you feel better physically and emotionally after all that.

(((Hugs)))

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  08:31:10 AM  Show Profile
Jonnie glad you went to the DR. hope you are feeling much better Love you little one

Farm Girl #96

http://www.picturetrail.com/misswilmasplace

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  09:08:41 AM  Show Profile
Oh holy cow! Jonni! Girl, I go off to edit the magazine and come back to this! Now I know I can't leave you for a minute. Ok, where is this crazy woman? Do I have to get a can of whoop a** on her???

Ok, all kidding aside, this is crazy! I am so sorry for you, poor thing! That is just nuts, and you know there are more out there like her. Take this time for yourself, relax. I am glad you went to the hospital, and you have my biggest (((HUGS))))!!

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com
www.pumpkinpatchparlor.etsy.com

And Blogs:
agriculture: www.bigtownfarmer.blogspot.com
art: www.queenofcrows.blogspot.com
animals: www.big-luv.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  09:44:09 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Jonni- when I saw the new name of the thread I thought "I fight authority but authority always wins" by John Mellencamp..sorry...am I dating myself?? """I fought an SUV and Jonni always wins"""

Take a nice soak in Epson salts with a little lavendar for the nerves...

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  10:58:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
Jonni,
I'm sending all my most positive thoughts around what your boss finds out about the woman that hit you. At the very least she'll have to pay some sort of restitution I'm think. PLease keep us posted. I hope that there will be some tangible justice for you.
Hugs,
Linda

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom"
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  11:22:50 AM  Show Profile
Jonni,
So glad that you are alright. I hope they find this person.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  2:41:40 PM  Show Profile
Jonni,
I am so glad that you went and got yourself checked out. It is a good thing to cry. Honey, you need to let the fear and the stress of the whole incident come out. Sometimes after something like that happening our body just runs on pure adrenelin. You kind of have to decompress a little at a time. Try and pamper yourself and take a nice warm bath, relax with some good music, snuggle with your husband and fur babies. Whatever makes you feel calm and happy. You will feel better soon.

Hugs MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  9:15:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Jonni-

I am so glad that you are really truly okay! I think it is perfectly normal for you to have anxiety about driving and the damage that cars can do. I think it would do us all good to remember how much power we sit behind everyday- something that we sometimes take too lightly. *hugs*

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2008 :  06:10:40 AM  Show Profile
So glad you are okay. I can't understand some of the people that make up "humanity." Laughing hysterically when she drove off?! She had to be strung out . . . or demonically possessed. Hugs to you for making her accountable.

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

createmyworld
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

Beth
Akron PA
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2008 :  07:28:46 AM  Show Profile
Goodness Gracious Jonni! I haven't been able to get onto the forum much lately, consumed with busy spring stuff, and I finally had some time to check in today and find out that you were hit by a car!! Thank God you are here with us still! You'll be in my prayers for not only a quick physical recovery but also an emotional one... I can't imagine how you must have felt either physically or emotionally! I would have been shaking like a leaf, how you managed to get yourself to the police station and to work amazes me... I'm so glad that you did go to the hospital and get checked out and that you reported the woman... I can't believe that someone would be so irresponsible as to just drive away immediately after causing injury to someone else! Hugs and Blessings to you... I'll be thinkin' of ya!
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2008 :  09:24:54 AM  Show Profile
I know, right, y'all can't leave me alone for a minute!!! I'm feeling much better today, both emotionally and physically. Just needed a day or so to "right" myself.

Apparently, she was cited for leaving the scene, and driving (as I suspected) with a suspended license. Additionally, they had no insurance....not that it will stop her from driving again (because she was driving already with those issues) but it will make her come up with $$$$ or go to jail.

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2008 :  09:33:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Jonni! I am so glad that a severe penalty was/will be levied against her. Perhaps it will sober her up a little bit before she gets behind the wheel again!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

tribalcime
True Blue Farmgirl

2963 Posts

lisa
lexington ky
USA
2963 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2008 :  10:47:37 AM  Show Profile
I just saw this jonni ! Sure hope you are ok !!

LIfe is a witch ~~~ and then ya fly !! My blogspot .http://tribalwitch.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2008 :  08:30:43 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Jonni - I've been away for a few days and just got to this posting ... OMG, you are so lucky that you were not hurt worse than you were. And you were smart to go to the hospital to get checked out (or at least, you were smart enough to listen to your farmgirl friends and to your mother!). It's good to have that documented just in case something crops up later that can be attributed back to this accident. I hope you're on the mend now, poor Jonni.

Jo

"Wish I had time to work with herbs all day!"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Kygurlsrbest vs. SUV...I won!!!! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page