Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Kygurlsrbest vs. SUV...I won!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Kygurlsrbest vs. SUV...I won!!!! Next Topic
Page: of 3

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  1:33:58 PM  Show Profile
Oh My Goodness Jonni! Bless your heart and what a scary thing to encounter...her and her SUV! Are you sure you are okay? Maybe you need to have a check up with your doctor just to make sure all is well. Are the police going to let you know what happened?! Keeping you in my prayers Miss Jonni! xo

Hugs, Maryjane Lee
Farmgirl Sister #44

http://thebeehivecottage.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

corporatefarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

389 Posts

Tamara
Pikeville TN
USA
389 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  1:42:41 PM  Show Profile
Jonni I am so sorry. What a scary thing to happen. But, GO TO THE DOCTOR. I will tell you right now your body is probably a little in shock. So you will not fill the full inpact or aches and pains until tomorrow. Plus as you can see it will give all your farmgirl sisters some piece of mind.

small farms give big benefits
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  1:43:15 PM  Show Profile
jonni .. first and most of all . .thank god you are o.k.

yep! second .. well you know .. you work for lawyers! just 'in case' something got broke up inside .. you do need to see a doctor. why ever did you let her leave before calling the police to make an accident report? (yeah! like you need to hear that! but i'll bet the people in your firm asked you the same thing chile'!)

even if you are o.k. .. you are right .. if this woman was drinking or on drugs .. she surely shouldn't be behind the wheel of a car .. or with children .. or any other potentially dangerous situation.

xo, frannie

True Friends * Frannie

HEAR MY STORIES
come, visit my:
"GATHERING ROOM" ..
http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. up for adoption:
http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  1:56:07 PM  Show Profile
You girls are the greatest. To be honest, I was just not quite myself during all of it...when I walked to my car, it felt like slow motion so lord only knows how I even remembered the licens plate number....Well, as Frannie mentioned, I do work for attorney's, and I called them from the police station. Jus asked me how long from the actual "impact" and exchange to when she took off and I'm going to be really honest...about a minute, max. I also now remember an older gentleman sitting in his car asking her if "everyone ok here??" and she hastily replied, "yes, yes, alright, everyone's fine!" and then she was out of there in no time, which led me to think that she probably didn't have a license, or she was strung out. As Nancy Jo said, what kindof person would leave after hitting someone with their car...not someone who wanted to talk to an official, I gather.

Well, anyway, the head partner here at the firm is a former police chief and attorney for the FOP, so he was going to call over the precinct where I drove myself to and do some follow up, to find out what the outcome was when they went to the residence, or if she wasn't there, to try to find her another way. The car wasn't registered to her, it was registered to the man she was hollering for in the thrift. So, maybe he'll roll on her!

In the meantime, I called my mom and she's going to meet me after work at the hospital so they can at least do a chest x-ray. She's insisting...so what are you going to do?

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  2:12:07 PM  Show Profile
I am so glad you are listening to your mom (and the gals here) and going to the hospital. My gosh, Jonni. I hope that they find the woman who hit you. She needs a bit of R&R in the pokey for hitting one of our favorite farmgirls!!

(((hugs)))
Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
www.madrekarin.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  2:14:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
*hugs* Oh Jonni! I am glad you are going to the Doctor and I am really glad the attorneys are looking after you!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  2:36:13 PM  Show Profile
Hey there Jonni. Goodness. I just saw this. I hope that you get to feeling better really soon. The day after is usually the worst, so definitely get your tushie to the doctor and get things checked out. It will bring your mind to ease if everything is okay. Many many hugs from your Ky buddy. Let me know if you need anything!!!!

~Jessica in Kentucky & Farmgirl Sisterhood #137~
Be sure to visit my blog & Crafty Clipart for some of my photographs:
http://bluegrassprincess.blogspot.com/
http://www.craftyclipart.com
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  2:45:42 PM  Show Profile
Jonni, I agree with everyone else here. Please go to the Dr. you could be hurt and not realize it. You must of been scared to pieces. My God what is wrong with people ? How could she do something like that and go off laughing? That is just unreal. Don't you work for a law firm? What did your bosses have to say about that? Take care of yourself and again please go and get checked out.

Hugs, MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  2:54:54 PM  Show Profile
I am so glad you are going to get checked out...Mothers and farmgirls know best you know!!....I am so thankful you weren't hurt much much worse. Gosh..what a nut! I am glad you have people helping you and being supportive in person too..you know we are all pulling for you here too. take care!!(((((hugs))))))

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  3:10:12 PM  Show Profile
Jonni, if you do not go to the doctor right now I'm going to put an Italian curse on you. I mean it. Let us know what the doctor says, but you must now rest. Crying a lot to get it out of your body is also a very good idea (but it might hurt). I'm surrounding you with God's blue light of healing. I'm seeing it go through your body, especially on the parts that you felt the injury in. I'm seeing you whole and healthy and happpy and I'm giving thanks for your abundant good health. Don't worry ~ I mailed your bag today and you'll soon have it to hang on to.
Doctor. NOW.

love,
Patricia

Proud Farmgirl Sister #19
Rusty Chicks Chapter

check out my etsy site http://ThePlayfulFarmgirl.etsy.com

Today I choose faith not fear.
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  3:56:34 PM  Show Profile
Jonnie, how scary is that?! OMG I hope your truly ok.

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  4:00:06 PM  Show Profile
How scary that must have been and how crazy that lady sounds! I hope that everything checks out okay at the hospital and that the police charge her for something, I'm surprised that she stopped at all after hearing how crazy she was acting. Let us all know how you are doing!
-Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  4:27:45 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh!!! You take care of yourself!! Glad you are okay!!! Hugs!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

vintagegrl
True Blue Farmgirl

280 Posts

Jeanette
NH
USA
280 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  5:16:02 PM  Show Profile
Jeez, Joni I hope you do see a doctor and that you're ok. I'm furious at how these irresponsible people can drive, they should have their licenses taken away. Again, I hope you're ok.
Go to Top of Page

marmieto12
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

laura
utah
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  5:17:06 PM  Show Profile
Happy to hear you are ok and you are listening to your fellow farmgirls and MOM and going to get checked out...

Laura;Dreaming of big girl farm...

Farmgirl # 148

http://lilsfamilyfarm.blogspot.com

Chapter http://justsimplythegirls.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  6:20:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
Jonni,
I am so thrilled that you are going to meet your Mom at the hospital and get checked out. The girls are right, it's important to get these things tended to ASAP so you can start mending properly.
Also on a practical level, when you find out what is ailing you, you can document it and charge this persons insurance for any bills, treatment and loss of work you accrue. That'll stop her laughter in a heartbeat.
It's not about getting even, it's about taking care of yourself. You are far too precious to be taking any risks. I am holding you in white healing light.
Please keep us updated with what the doctor says.

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom"
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  9:27:06 PM  Show Profile
Jonni,
I can't believe the nerve of that woman! I am glad you were able to walk away.
I hope you check out okay, please keep us posted on what happens next.
Keeping you in my prayers.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  9:39:38 PM  Show Profile
Jonni, I hope you went to the dr. today. hope nothing was broken.
please keep us posted. hugs to you.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

cathy cobblestone
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

cathy
greensburg ky
USA
194 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  9:44:46 PM  Show Profile
Oh for Goodness Sakes!! So glad you are alright! All I can say is that you are a very lucky girl and somebody was watchin' over you. Do we need to be on the lookout here in Kentucky for this CRAZY woman? I think I'll steer clear of the thrifts stores 'round here for a few days! All kiddin' aside - I do hope everything is OK with you and I'm really sorry you had to go through that. I guess HE has a lot more great things in store for you "down here". Take Care, Cathy

www.cobblestonefarms.blogspot.com

Today is a gift, live it!
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  10:02:58 PM  Show Profile
Wow, Jonni, that is some accident. that woman needs to be taken care of. I hope the Police follow through. You are going to be a pile of bruises. sheesh! MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  05:31:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I'm off the forum for a day and you get hit by a crazy woman. You better get to a doc and get checked out today! And press charges! Let us know what's going on.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  05:44:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Yes, Jonni! Please check in!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  06:16:35 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, girls...I just can't convey how much I adore all of you, and how much your concern and good wishes have made this, rather strange unexpected thing feel less scary. We got home very late last night from St. Elizabeth and other than being very bruised (ribs, side, thigh and shins), I'm a-ok...well, at least physically, for which I'm beyond greatful.
Emotionally, I'm a little shaken, I have to admit. I did NOT want to drive home yesterday--now, how being hit translates into me not wanting drive, I don't know, except I think it actually registered how much damage these things called "cars" can do! I had to stop at my bank, which is where I was headed when she ran me down, so after work, before the hospital, I went quickly inside and when I got into the car to back out, I saw a mother and her daughter, and I overheard her yelling at a child...who had run BEHIND my car while I was getting ready to back out. He was level with my tailights on my Civic, so he was very small, and I just sat there and balled like a baby. I could have hit him, too....and then on the way home, traffic was stopped on the expressway because someone had just hit a very beautiful red hound dog in the merge lane, and I saw him lying there and I had to pull over. And I cried again (for the pup this time)...Justin met us at the hospital and I broke down there too....Patricia is right, crying did help--an amazing release. But, the racking sobs did nothing for my bruised ribs :)

I am waiting to hear what my boss found out about the gal driving the suv. My guess is she's probably driving on a suspended license--don't know what the police will do except to cite her for those types of offenses, but it clearly didn't stop her this time!!!!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  06:31:25 AM  Show Profile
Jonni, so good to hear you don't have any broken bones or worse injuries apart from bruises! I hope those heal super-quick for you. As for the emotional part of it, you're still in a bit of shock, I'd guess. I would be, anyway, if I'd been hit by a car!!! I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers still, hope the police take that woman seriously--it could have turned out far worse.

Hugs!!

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

Peanut
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jennifer
Waverly Virginia
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  06:35:04 AM  Show Profile
Hugs to you, Jonni!

Don't hesitate to find someone in real life to talk to if these feelings continue. Of course, we're always here too!

My blog: http://thecottonwife.wordpress.com/

"John Deere. We stand behind everything we sell. Except the manure spreader."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Kygurlsrbest vs. SUV...I won!!!! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page