Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Kygurlsrbest vs. SUV...I won!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Kygurlsrbest vs. SUV...I won!!!! Next Topic
Page: of 3

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  11:30:08 AM  Show Profile
So, I decided to go to the thrift store on my lunch hour, and didn't find anything (I know, hard to believe) and as I was leaving, walking to my car, a woman in an suv gunned out of her parking spot and hit me head on with the truck...my chest was level with the grill and she just kept coming. If had had on heels instead of these flat mary janes, I would have been a goner...I kept trying to stop the truck with my hands (but apparently, I'm not superwoman).

She finally stopped...said she saw me but instead of hitting the break, hit the gas instead. I had seen her previously in the thrift store, yelling at someone and she seemed...well, out of it--looked like, and don't be offended or angry with me--a crackhead. Sickly thin, tatoos, rode hard and put up wet (as my daddy would have said). But this thrift store is like that, so I didn't think too much of it.

My adrenaline was rushing, so I really didn't feel awful..just wanted to get back to my office or in my car so I could break down. After a brief exchange of "I didn't see you, I'm sorry, I kept hitting the gas!!!", she got back in her suv and took off. I stood by car and burst into tears because I was so shaken, and then a man and his son came over and asked me if I was alright...that they'd seen the whole thing and to please please write down her license plate number. She apparently, was laughing hysterically when she pulled away from the accident. So, I wrote it down, and took his name and number at his insistence, and then I drove myself to the police station.

My chest and my leg and side hurt, but not enough to go to the hospital (I don't think), but I went to the police station so that they would keep her off the road if she was strung out. The license plate checked out and they were going to the residence after I left.

So, anyhoo....I'm back at work and happy to be alive.

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/

Edited by - KYgurlsrbest on Apr 09 2008 06:27:22 AM

HeathersHeartfeltStitches
True Blue Farmgirl

440 Posts

Heather
Lancaster OH
USA
440 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  11:35:00 AM  Show Profile  Send HeathersHeartfeltStitches a Yahoo! Message
HolySmokes!!! Your very Lucky, Take it easy and Breath!

Heart of Ohio Chapter Member

My Etsy.com Storehttp://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5531954
http://heathersheartfeltstitches.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

22shortie
True Blue Farmgirl

329 Posts

rebekah
sulphur la
USA
329 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  11:35:34 AM  Show Profile
woah girl~ Glad you're ok....I can;t beleive that happened to you!

Check out my latest projects and all the news from my chaotic little world!

http://pumpkinseed-unscripted.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  11:37:52 AM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness, Jonni! So glad you are alright! It could have been so much worse! There are some really crazy people out there...

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  11:38:25 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Oh Jonni!!! That is horrible!! I am glad you are ok. I wish you a fast recovery. I hope that the police take care of that crazy lady!!!

(((HUGS)))

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

lilyblossom
True Blue Farmgirl

416 Posts

Donna
Evansville IN
USA
416 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  11:45:23 AM  Show Profile
Jonni! What a terrible thing to happen. Please go visit your doctor just to make sure everything is okay. You may feel okay now, but tomorrow you may not feel so well. I'm glad you turned this into the police.

Donna....true blue KY farm girl, farmgirl #86
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  11:53:21 AM  Show Profile
Jonni,
So glad you're okay. My gosh - that is absolutely horrible. You should get checked out - if something turns up later you'll want it on the record. How awful of that person to laugh. Glad that man and his son came over to you. Most people are good. Hope the police can take care of that woman. Glad you're still with us.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  11:55:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh my gosh, Jonni! I am so glad you are okay and that you got the license plate!! I hope they arrest her for dangerous driving at least for a day so she can chill out!

I am so glad you are okay! Please take extra good care of yourself and let Jus hug you extra for me tonight!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  11:56:14 AM  Show Profile
Jonnie so glad you are okay, please take Donnas advise and go to the dr.Love you and will keep ck on you

Farm Girl #96

http://www.picturetrail.com/misswilmasplace

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Peanut
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jennifer
Waverly Virginia
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  11:57:46 AM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh! That's so scary.

Please, please follow up on this so that she doesn't do this to anyone else!

My blog: http://thecottonwife.wordpress.com/

"John Deere. We stand behind everything we sell. Except the manure spreader."
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  11:59:41 AM  Show Profile
good grief Jonni! honey..I would take you to the hospital..you need to get checked out even though you only feel slightly bruised. you don't want any complications from the possibility of anything internal going on.
oh what a loony bird that woman was/is!
I can't believe people like that.
I would seriously press charges ..people like that need to honestly be taught a lesson and if it hits their pocket books then so be it. You may have felt sorry for her, but by golly she didn't feel sorry for you after she hit you! and for her to leave the scene laughing! oh my..! that would have really just pushed my buttons a bit too much. I'm mad right now that someone could have such a disregard for life like that to laugh about it.
oooh..this steams me!
And no I'm not one of those gals that are "sue happy" and "sic em" but there are some folks that honestly need to be made to pay for their deeds..and this may be exactly what this woman needs too ..if there is a chance for her..to "come back to her senses" I would press charges.
Hope the police get on this right way.
And gosh..I hope you heal up fast. hugs to you.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Rebekka Mae
True Blue Farmgirl

965 Posts

Rebekka
Moscow ID
USA
965 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  11:59:47 AM  Show Profile
Jonni- That is the worst girl! I hope you are laying WAY low...do go to the doctor today just in case. That woman sounds like the type that could do a whole lot more damage, I hope the police found her right away. Thank goodness for good Samaritans- it is really important that you have that man as a witness, she should have her license revoked immediately!
Please keep us posted- I will be thinking of you and wishing you speedy healing, Rebekka

www.bebebella.etsy.com

As a woman I have no country. As a woman, my country is the whole world.

Virginia Woolf
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  12:01:13 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for all your concern, girls. I called Justin and he was really upset--wanted me to come home right now, but I feel like I need something else to think about, so I came back to the office. I have a feeling Donna is right (my chest hurts a lot more now, but I think because of that darn underwire with my bra--that's right wear the grill hit).

I'm just hoping that they keep her off the road for sure!!!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  12:13:02 PM  Show Profile
Jonni, I agree with the others, go to the Doctor! You might be in a state of shock yet. And tomorrow when you get up you might really feel it. Boy that woman must have benn a real looney toon. What kind of person would even leave until they were sure you were ok? A LOONEY TOON thats who. Let us know what happens and how you feel.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

napafarmhouse1885
True Blue Farmgirl

208 Posts

diane
napa ca
USA
208 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  12:14:05 PM  Show Profile
jonni..one more vote to urge you to visit your doctor!!! check it out missy...glad you are feeling better...

best,
napafarmhouse1885

please visit my blog
www.napafarmhouse1885.blogspot.com

www.napafarmhouse1885.com

"Whatever you can do or dream, begin it"
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  12:24:10 PM  Show Profile
Jonni - go to the doctor. You need to make sure no ribs were cracked or anything. I am so sorry that happened to you. Please let your hubby baby you and get yourself checked out.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  12:25:52 PM  Show Profile
Get your skinny butt to the doc!! You being an ex dancer should lknow how those overworked muscles feel much worse the 2nd & 3rd days... You need to come over here & sit in our woodburning sauna!
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  12:33:36 PM  Show Profile
I would go home immediately. Making a doctor's appointment is a good idea, but maybe tomorrow. Distract yourself by taking a hot bath and reading a book. That's my prescription.

I'm really glad you're ok.
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  12:35:31 PM  Show Profile
I've never heard of a better excuse to LEAVE WORK! I hope you are ok. Go kiss your husband and head to the Dr's

Trish
Farmgirl Sister #91
Make cupcakes not war!
FREE TIBET!
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  12:38:54 PM  Show Profile
Your girls are the greatest. All this love and concern makes me sure glad I didn't leave the earth this afternoon! What was kindof eerie, and I just thought of it a few minutes ago...was that Jus said to me this morning, I think at 1:45 today, I'll stop whatever it is I'm doing and think about you, and you should stop whatever you're doing and think of me. Almost at 1:45 I got hit by the crazy lady!

Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  12:39:43 PM  Show Profile
I think you are a superwoman--getting hit head on by a SUV and lived to tell about it.JoAnn
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  12:40:46 PM  Show Profile
Good grief! Thank the Lord you could walk away and even drive yourself to the police station.....the gals have given you some good advice. Take care of yourself first and foremost, then go back to work. Hugs to you, but not too tight this time! Saying a prayer that the doc will just need to pat you on the back and smile. Nance
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  12:52:31 PM  Show Profile
I also urge you to see your doctor so that he can document any bruises or other things that may happen. You are going to be one very sore gal tomorrow. Please, please, please visit the doctor or ER, or nearby clinic. It is definitely in your own best interest.
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  1:00:20 PM  Show Profile
Holy cow, Jonni! I'm glad you're alright, but like everyone said, get yourself checked out. Thank goodness it wasn't worse, and I'm glad you wrote down the license number and the witnesses' names and reported her. She sounds like a danger behind the wheel! Take care and again, get checked out! Judy

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  1:04:46 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
oh my gosh, jonni, i just checked in to the site and saw that you were hurt. everyone here has given you the best advice, you must go see a doctor. nobody wants anything(else) to happen to you and the sooner you have yourself checked out the better. this shouldnt happen to anyone, least of all you, cause we all know you are a sweetie-sweet as our little olivia says.
please keep us posted on how you are feeling. and in the meantime, hugs and more hugs comin your way from texas.

love
frannie in texas

(http://farmfolks-frannie.blogspot.com/)
(http://abunnystale.blogspot.com/)
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  1:26:38 PM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
OMG I'm so sorry Jonni, she needs to do a lil time and sober up, cause sounds like she is a crackhead if not in the literal sense. That really makes me mad. I'm sure you were in shock, lord would know if the FGs were there with you she would have NOT pulled away. xoxoox Please make sure you're ok honey, promise us that.

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."
http://ligonierfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://liggygirl.blogspot.com/
http://liggygirlslonggreen.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Kygurlsrbest vs. SUV...I won!!!! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page