Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Anyone else trying to lose weight?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Anyone else trying to lose weight? Next Topic
Page: of 5

ivmeer
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Amanda
Pawtucket RI
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2005 :  12:07:04 PM  Show Profile
Believe it or not, you can make a really good pizza with whole wheat pita bread. Preheat oven to 400 degrees, put whatever you want on a pita, bake 20 minutes.
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2005 :  10:08:22 AM  Show Profile
Friday night is always pizza night at our house, and always homemade, though I love Papa Murphy's, a downfall. Don't have it very often though as we don't have one in our town. I love the Margarita pizza too. Simple and oh so good! If only I can convince my girls that tomatoes are good, I'd be in heaven!

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2005 :  3:07:21 PM  Show Profile
I have lost the same 2lbs. over and over about ten times. Does that count as losing 20lbs?? Jan
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2005 :  4:31:35 PM  Show Profile
You bet ! I'm doing the same thing. I figure, no pun intended, I will take what I get.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

verbina
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

randi
n.j
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2005 :  05:57:02 AM  Show Profile
Hey have any of you seen the Dove girls yet?? randi
Go to Top of Page

gracie
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Gracie
Ohio
USA
30 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2005 :  1:08:40 PM  Show Profile  Send gracie an AOL message
what are the dove girls? I have found a wonderful way to help with the diet. I put skinless, boneless chicken breasts in the crockpot. Then measure 3oz and put in baggies and freeze. A good dessert is a layer of blueberries, lite blueberry yogurt, and then crushed almonds. I quite smoking 14 years ago, gained 20 pounds and have been fighting it since. My goal is to weigh what my drivers license says I do!!!!!
Gracie

life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and
screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Go to Top of Page

verbina
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

randi
n.j
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2005 :  1:26:38 PM  Show Profile
hi all, Dove girls are the latest campaign for Dove soap, showing real women REAL not skinny super models we were brain washed to think we should be.few pound here few pounds there not perfect just regular women. check it out, its like a breath of air, randi
Go to Top of Page

gracie
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Gracie
Ohio
USA
30 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2005 :  3:14:57 PM  Show Profile  Send gracie an AOL message
I like those Dove girls already. Hey Randi, how are ya? You are one of the first farm girls that replied to my first post!!

life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and
screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2005 :  8:00:27 PM  Show Profile
The Dove Girls are great. Finally, REAL women in ads!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

verbina
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

randi
n.j
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2005 :  11:08:23 AM  Show Profile
Hi gracie, im doin fine thanks,.Dove was really doin there hommwork with this one. dam its hard tryin to live up to cover girls . aint happen here . it took me oh so many years to realize that.im just me with a few pound here and a few pounds there.oh and maby a few pounds back there. lol randi
Go to Top of Page

Yogifarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jenn
Swiftwater PA
USA
297 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  11:28:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Yogifarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hi Everyone
There is an article in this months Yoga Journal about how yoga helps you lose weight. If anyone is interested I could send it to them. Just forward me your email

"Breathe in the Sunshine"
Go to Top of Page

JoyIowa
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Joy

273 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  7:31:59 PM  Show Profile
Oh yeah! Count me in! I've decided I've never seriously tried to lose weight in my life. However I have steadily gained about 5 pounds a year for the last twenty years. Yes that is 100 pounds! I refuse to look back, prefering instead to move forward from this moment. I'm not going to worry about the scale. I'll know I have reached my goal when I can walk into any shop and buy a normal size 12 and be reasonably sure it will fit AND when I can walk anywhere without feeling like I have to because "it would be good for me". That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

If it's not illegal, unsafe, or immoral, why not try anything once? Who knows? You may come back for a second helping!
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2005 :  04:34:13 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Joy, your in the right state of mind so theres no doubt you'll win your battle and were all here to support you! Good luck!

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

Park Avenue
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

Michele
Paradise Valley Alberta
Canada
57 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2005 :  06:57:06 AM  Show Profile
I am slowly losing some weight...I was 165 last November and was at 150 in the summer. It is slowly creeping back on , I think it is from tring to perfect the perfect cinnamon bun. I am 5'41/2. So I am about 20 pounds over where i would like to be. We won't even talk about the size 6 i was when I had my kids 17 years ago.

Anyway, i bought a beautiful new outfit for my daughters grad that will be in May. It was a 300.00 dress, on sale for 50.00. It is a size to small, so that is my motivation for at least 10 pounds.

I am getting an ecliptical trainer tonight from our local freecycle ( a recycling group), so maybe if i use that daily, and eat healthy and lay off the buns, I should be in that dress by May!
Michele
Go to Top of Page

little feather
True Blue Farmgirl

83 Posts

Tawnya
Walnut Creek California
USA
83 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2005 :  4:42:30 PM  Show Profile  Send little feather a Yahoo! Message
Hi Jenn!
I love Yoga Journal, what a great magazine.
I'm so glad that you posted regarding the lose weight article. I'll have to pick it up- or actually I'll go ahead and send you my e-mail if you don't mind sending it.
I've done yoga via video tape- I'm not a joiner, I like to do things on my own. But, it was over a year ago.
Now I'm remembering how effective it really was. Not to mention the ease on my joints and the stress free- relaxed feeling I had afterwards.
I'll have to pull out that tape again!

Where ever you go, go with all your heart!
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2005 :  2:54:56 PM  Show Profile
Well ladies, it's offical, I started my Weight Watchers diet today. I went grocery shopping and have everything I need to stay on track. I have 40lbs to lose (the amount I gained on medication). I'm hoping for 2lbs a week, 8lbs a month, 5 months. My target date is March 1st. If it takes longer that's ok, as long as I can keep going. It's easier for me because I have no one else to cook for but myself, so I don't have to have food in the house I shouldn't be eating. Help me keep motivated. Oh by the way, I'm going to try to cut down on the salt!! Jan
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2005 :  04:35:32 AM  Show Profile
Good luck Jan! I have of great success with WW, but I think you can lose weight on any program as long as it's healthy and you have a positive outlook, and you do! Cutting down on salt is SO important, good for you! Say, has anyone been watching the " Biggest Loser" on TV? I got hooked last season and again now, it's tough that way, but they are losing.

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

ivmeer
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Amanda
Pawtucket RI
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2005 :  07:32:04 AM  Show Profile
Best of luck, Jan! Your goals seem realistic, so you shouldn't have a problem. Don't get discouraged and just keep pushing along. It'll happen eventually.
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2005 :  2:13:25 PM  Show Profile
Ok ladies, here's the update from my second day of Weight Watchers, I gained a pound since I started yesterday! At this rate I won't be able to fit through the door by the end of the month. I know, I know, you shouldn't weigh yourself every day because your weight will fluctuate, but I just had to see if anything happened. Now I'm sorry I looked! I'm staying on track though, tomorrow's another day. Thanks for the encouragement. Jan
Go to Top of Page

ivmeer
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Amanda
Pawtucket RI
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2005 :  2:27:55 PM  Show Profile
Jan, if you're going to do weight watchers, remember they only weigh once a week! Trust me, nothing happened since yesterday.
Go to Top of Page

Park Avenue
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

Michele
Paradise Valley Alberta
Canada
57 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2005 :  5:24:15 PM  Show Profile
ARG!!! It seems like all I ate today is birthday cake (mine) and brownies! How will ever lose weight like that. I can actually feel my gut getting fatter and my jeans tighter today.

LOL Maybe tomorrow I will start off my 38th year with some healthy eating.

We will see if that lasts past noon.

Michele
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2005 :  04:02:54 AM  Show Profile
I have 100 plus to lose and since this storm I have gained even more. I am joining this group...I am desperate.

Linda H.
Go to Top of Page

ivmeer
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Amanda
Pawtucket RI
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2005 :  08:34:42 AM  Show Profile
Michele, whatever you do, remember that each day you start fresh. Heck, each minute you start fresh. There's nothing that says you can't start your diet in the middle of the day. So if you ate nothing but birthday cake and brownies, just resolve to do better, starting right now. And if you slip up, say, "Oh well, I slipped up. I'll do better now." And get right back on the wagon. Your diet is never ruined from a piece of cake.

I read an interesting article about a month or so ago (I forgot the magazine. I was in a coffee shop.) It said that even if you were to eat a whole pint of ice cream and 2 small packages of M&Ms in one night, assuming that you had already reached your baseline caloric needs before you started eating sweets, then you'd only gain 1/2 a pound. This is not a license to binge on sweets, but it really illustrates how little damage you're really doing as opposed to how much you think you're doing.

Linda, I'm sure you can do it! Take things slowly and let us know how things are going.

Now, I have my own news. After losing 4 pounds in 1 week and then plateauing for 4 whole weeks where I didn't lose so much as an ounce, I've finally broken through and lost a pound! Yea! So this brings my total pounds lost to 5, and I'm at 160.

Also, I just found out that I'm going to be on Jeopardy! They're taping the show on November 1 or 2, and I'm going to try to lose as much weight as I can between now and then.
Go to Top of Page

Park Avenue
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

Michele
Paradise Valley Alberta
Canada
57 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2005 :  12:18:26 PM  Show Profile
I decided to clean out my closet this am...I actually had a pair of pants that were to big! YIPEEE they were tight in the spring.
Guess my all day binge of cake and browines didn't make me as fat as i felt.
now, logically I know that you can't gain 10 pounds over night ( or lose it either), but it sure feels that way when you have eaten nothing but crap all day, and it is amazing at how good that you feel when you even eat just a day of light healthy food.
I guess my belly must bloat, with junk food, and the bloat goes away with healthy food, because I can really tell the difference day to day, and although the scale doesn't move, I can actually feel my clothes getting loser or tighter during the day, depending on what i eat.
Bread is a huge culprit!

Wow Amanda, Jeopardy!! Very Cool!! in a month you should be able to lose 5-10 pretty easily. congradulations and good luck!

Michele
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2005 :  3:10:18 PM  Show Profile
Amanda: I always wonder where in the world they get people to go on Jeopardy! I can't even imagine how these people know so much about everything. You must be a genius!! Good luck. Also, congrats on breaking through with the weight loss.

Linda: Glad to have you join us. We're all in the same boat no matter how much we have to lose. It's all about getting healthy. Keep us posted.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Anyone else trying to lose weight? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page