Page: of 4

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2005 :  06:08:18 AM  Show Profile
Love my comfy overalls, but plan to wear them out before I "go". If there are any left, I'll have them put up for a drawing on this site, so one of you all can enjoy what's left! I do have one pair that has a squeeky shoulder buckle. It's the darndest thing and can really drive me crazy at times!
Sharon

PS My sock monkey (very old fellow) is "Uncle Charlie". (No, I have never had a "real" uncle named Charlie...)

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2005 :  06:38:25 AM  Show Profile
I remember my dad about having a stroke when I asked for a pair of overalls for my birthday. he grew up on a farm and hardly ever wore blue jeans on the weekends much less overalls!!! I have all kinds too, shorts, capris, velvet. denim, linens.......

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2005 :  07:38:00 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Meadowlark for the DH insight-I thought so but wasnt sure...
Jan
Go to Top of Page

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2005 :  09:57:33 AM  Show Profile
OOoohhh - you are girls after my own heart! Here on the farm and in our town, I'm the queen of overalls!! (It's GOOD to be queen of something!) I've even got a pair on in my profile photo (http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/About/carol.asp) - now where ARE those?? I love, love, love my overalls and even in plus size, have been lucky to find quite a few pairs. I got some really cute rose flowered ones on a khaki background AND a smaller rose print on a lime green background from Coldwater Creek (http://www.coldwatercreek.com/) and also my two favorite "winter" ones - a black velvet pair and a purple paisley velvet pair. They're a local (Sandpoint, Idaho) company that have made it big with a beautiful catalog. If you haven't seen them before, order a catalog just to see their beautiful selections every month. Also, their website allows you to search their collection by size, which I find really helpful. And even if they look expensive on first glance, they have really good sales.

And the greatest idea ever -- buried in your overalls! If I ever get around to that living will how-to my mom sent me, I'll be sure to put that one in it!

And I'll take just a second to thank you all for your wonderful cards and concern this past month after my eye surgery for a detached retina. It's coming along really good -- the vision is nearly back to normal (lucky one there), and the doc assures me that I will look "normal" by the 6-month checkup. (It's progressed from looking like I got socked in the eye to now looking like it's at half mast, but is looking better every week.) Thanks so much for all your kindness and concern - it really helped boost my spirits! I'm back to working full time, and have nearly finished the Farm Kitchen Workbook - I think you're going to LOVE this one!

Farmgirl love and laughter,
Carol

she laughed and laughed ...
Go to Top of Page

Nicol
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Nicol

200 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2005 :  11:09:53 AM  Show Profile
Carol: I'm glad you are recovering from your eye surgery! We are all waiting anxiously for the Farm Kitchen Workbook!
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2005 :  11:39:45 AM  Show Profile
I'm so glad you are feeling better and onthe road to a full recovery! My mouth is watering at the prospect of the workbook!!!!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2005 :  12:50:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
HEY sock monkey George (after the husband of the lady who made him ) wants to give the " Banana High 5 " to Otis and Uncle Charlie!!
Go to Top of Page

theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2005 :  10:36:41 AM  Show Profile
Well~~ I did it!! I ordered some overalls from Pointer Brand..Thanks for the link Clare!
Jan
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2005 :  1:40:29 PM  Show Profile
Wonderful that you are getting better all the time...and oh boy I can't wait to get that workbook!!!! It sound great!!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things
Go to Top of Page

theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2005 :  6:16:59 PM  Show Profile
I found a pair of brown velvet overalls at Goodwill and paid $4 for them!~~ I think they will be my "dress up" pair..
Has anyone received the overalls they ordered from Pointer Brand? It has been a week at least since I ordered...just anxious I guess~~
Jan
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2005 :  6:46:37 PM  Show Profile
It would nice if overalls came in petite sizes!!! :) Not because I am petite, but the proportions of the legs would work better. Anyone know of a source for this?

Edited by - jpbluesky on Sep 26 2005 08:31:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2005 :  6:50:04 PM  Show Profile
Jan, I ordered on the 17th (a Saturday), figure they wouldn't have processed until the 19th and nothing showed up this week. If they haven't arrived by the end of this coming week, I plan to call. I've been having lots of problems with "lost" merchandise lately from various places. Makes me think it's a PO problem...Any way, back to the 'alls...maybe we all got ordering and sent the order department into a tizzy!
Sharon

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2005 :  7:54:46 PM  Show Profile
Sharon, I have noticed that too with the PO. What's up with that? I sent a large package of goodies to Helen (Bubblesnz) and she never recieved it ( sent it the end of July) also missing some stuff that I bought on ebay that never made it here. HMMMMMM. I haven't ordered any clothes by mail for a long time. Now I am paranoid to do so. Jan, would love to find some velvet alls for $4!!! I have had the urge to get over to Goodwill lately, maybe there is a pair of alls with my name on it Clare, your alls with the flowers sound so cute! I love em big too, and soft!

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

Park Avenue
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

Michele
Paradise Valley Alberta
Canada
57 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  07:26:22 AM  Show Profile
I love my Ikeda overalls.
I only wear them around home, cause they are about a size to big, but oh so comfy.
My husband hates them, and says anyone past 5 should not wear them.
Michele
Go to Top of Page

theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  07:45:16 AM  Show Profile
I showed my new(used but nice) velvet overalls to my DH and told him "how do ya like me now"...I'm afraid he didnt think they were as cute as I did~~
Ha-told him this is just the beginning!~~
Jan
Go to Top of Page

Park Avenue
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

Michele
Paradise Valley Alberta
Canada
57 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  1:59:35 PM  Show Profile
I rarely wear em anymore since I lost weight and can fit into my regular jeans again.....LOL for now!
Michele
Go to Top of Page

Horseyrider
True Blue Farmgirl

1045 Posts

Mary Ann
Illinois
1045 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  3:23:18 PM  Show Profile
quote:
I wore the 'designer' pair to work one Friday (extra casual day), and one smart-a** co-worker made the snide remark, "Looks like you're going out to milk the cows". It was not said light-heartedly and was intended to insult, and I guess I took exception to it because I HAVE worn overalls to out to milk the cows and don't consider milking cows to be an insult. Geez, some people!

I'm speechless.

This sort of thing says far more about her than it does about you.

Now we know where people end up when they flunk out of charm school.
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2005 :  9:57:28 PM  Show Profile
Well, my Pointer Brand overalls came! They have an unusual back to them. At least it's unusual to me. Comfy...maybe after I wash them a few more times. They're still a bit stiffish! Mine had a bit of rust at the hooks. Anybody else? I wondered if that's why they were clearanced. It's not so bad as to complain. I'll just wear them for yard and garden...and to drive the locomotive!!!! hehehe

I found so many overalls at the thrift shop the other day. Sadly, none in my size. Oh! To be a medium again.

Sharon

Go to Top of Page

theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2005 :  07:34:28 AM  Show Profile
Glad you got your 'alls Sharon~~ I ordered mine on the 16th-Hopefully I will get them today~~
Jan
Go to Top of Page

atwell
True Blue Farmgirl

88 Posts

susan
Laporte IN
USA
88 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2005 :  4:46:59 PM  Show Profile  Send atwell a Yahoo! Message
hey ladies!!!
I bought the clearance suspenderback railroad striped bibs from Pointer and love them. They are a tad roomy but I didnt want them to be too small!! Now Im eyeballin the INSULATED DENIM ones...except they dont come in my size. Heck I could be wearing them around the house this winter. Ive heard rumblings of our gas heating bills going up 70% this winter!!Its just unbelievable.as it is Ive got 4 plus layers on at any given time after oct......Anybody ever heard of an adult sized down insulated zip up jumpsuit??????could we modify a sleeping bag!!whaddya think farmgirls??!
susan

LaPorter County Indiana Farmgirls
FatQuarterQuiltFarm
Long Arm Machine
Quilting ~and~
Fabric Flea Market
Go to Top of Page

atwell
True Blue Farmgirl

88 Posts

susan
Laporte IN
USA
88 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2005 :  4:51:05 PM  Show Profile  Send atwell a Yahoo! Message
Hey Sharon!! I just had to tell you I know a lady that actually drives a diesel locomotive for a living!! she also rides her own Honda Goldwing 1800 motorcycle!!!Guess she started out driving semi's with her dad, must have a thing for large vehicles.. Her husband wears bibs all the time. Really great couple!!
susan

LaPorter County Indiana Farmgirls
FatQuarterQuiltFarm
Long Arm Machine
Quilting ~and~
Fabric Flea Market
Go to Top of Page

lonestargal
True Blue Farmgirl

607 Posts

Kristi
Texas
607 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2005 :  6:13:15 PM  Show Profile
Susan, my husband is a locomotive engineer and he has a few women that work with him, in fact he trained one just a few weeks ago. I think it's neat that women do that kind of work. It's not something you hear too often but when you do it always makes me think 'wow, that's cool that she can do that'.

Edited by - lonestargal on Sep 28 2005 6:14:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2005 :  7:01:53 PM  Show Profile
Yep, that's pretty cool to be an engineer. Susan, I have some wonderful polar fleece leggings. You should try some! Can't believe that fuel costs could go so high. Of course it will have the greatest effect on the poor and elderly. Glad we heat with wood and that we've been blessed with enough FOR FREE (!!!!) to keep us warm all winter and spring.
Warm thoughts!
Sharon

Go to Top of Page

theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2005 :  07:49:59 AM  Show Profile
Hey~~ I finally got my pointer brand 'alls yesterday! They are sooo cute! I love the little red zipper in the bib..
Sharon, mine had a little rust and spot up by the strap adjustment~~but no big deal for discounted overalls.
My DH just laughed at me-especially when the "fly" was shipped un-buttoned~
I cant wait to wash and wear them!! Wish I had bought more than one~~
Jan
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2005 :  1:04:45 PM  Show Profile
I ordered mine on the 24th and got them on the 27th!!! Wow. I love these overalls. This is networking at its best. I ordered 2 pair and am so glad i did. My other overalls are Carharts. I have never liked them as when I get them to fit my waist with layers of other clothes on they are miles to long in the crotch. These ones are just right everywhere. Now for a good resource for inexpensive well made cotton plaid flannel red shirts to wear with these I will be all set. Thanks for the resource>
Eileen

Songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Farmgirl overalls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page