Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 530

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16374 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16374 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2024 :  4:05:33 PM  Show Profile
Shennandoah Connor (Shennandoah, #8578) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an Expert Furniture Makeover Merit Badge!

"For this badge I picked up this buffet on Facebook for $100. It was listed by a woman who inherited it from her aunt. The company that made it, Lea Furniture, is out of business. Other original buffets like this one from this company run for $1500-$3000 on eBay. This one had been painted with a heavy duty enamel and had lots of dings and gouges, so had to fill in what I could and sand down the filler before painting. The finish and gouges made it so I had to paint it instead of stripping and staining. Painted to match our existing furniture using a low VOC paint. I couldn’t use my usual furniture paint as they did not have anything to match our other pieces. It took several days to prep and paint as I had to work around rainstorms. I purchased new hardware to match our cabinets and gave the old ones to the local charity shop.

The finish turned out a little darker and more modern looking than I intended. Once I added a runner and decor that toned it down and made it more rustic cottage like our decor so now it ties in well with our other pieces. I filled the drawers with my vintage linens and holiday entertaining items. Love having more space for my linens and such, plus it’s a great surface for holiday displays!"

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16374 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16374 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2024 :  4:07:03 PM  Show Profile
Nancy Joplin (Nancy Joplin, #8352) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Icing on the Cake Merit Badge!

"I created my own decorating kit. I also used my decorating tools to bake and frost a cake for an Easter party. I used three different tips and designs.

I have collected up all of my decorating tools and placed them in a special little container in a drawer in my kitchen. I baked and decorated the cake for our Easter get-together. It was appropriately a carrot cake. I decorated it with a Bunny and flowers and grass."

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16374 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16374 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2024 :  4:08:22 PM  Show Profile
Nancy Joplin (Nancy Joplin, #8352) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Quilting Merit Badge!

"Quilt On! I picked a harder pattern than the ones I had been working on. There was a 20 hour time minimum. I also quilted in the company of a friend for 5 hours.

I made a pretty quilt for fall, in oranges and tans. I worked on it for over twenty hours. I also worked on it while I was spending time with my Sister. I have found out that I really love to quilt! Next project is already picked out and in the works!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16374 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16374 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2024 :  4:10:07 PM  Show Profile
Nancy Joplin (Nancy Joplin, #8352) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a Beginner Relaxation Merit Badge!

"I researched the health benefits of relaxation and the problems that can be caused by stress. I also have been taking 5 minutes out of my day to breathe deeply, clear my mind, and relax my body.

Stress can cause so many different problems in our minds and bodies. Everything from depression and headaches to high blood pressure and anxiety attacks. Relaxation really helps to control these things. I have been taking several time outs during the day to stop and totally relax, clear my mind, and breathe deeply. after a few minutes, I can feel all tension in my body disappear. Great way to take a quick rest, too!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16374 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16374 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2024 :  4:10:55 PM  Show Profile
Nancy Joplin (Nancy Joplin, #8352) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an Intermediate Relaxation Merit Badge!

"I found out what calms me, and I have taken time out of every day to read. I don't do anything else during this time. I focus on being relaxed and enjoying the reading. I did it everyday for two weeks.

I have found out that reading really relaxes me! I forget about everything when I am reading. I make sure that I have no interruptions during my reading time, and it's so great! I have been reading for more than two weeks and find that I have far less stress. I am able to get more done during my days because I can relax and focus better."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16374 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16374 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2024 :  4:13:02 PM  Show Profile
Donna Rich (6Dragonflys, #7476) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Stitching & Crafting Merit Badge!

"I made 2 1/2 inch straps of batik fabric to make my dog a blanket for his crate.

I sewed each strip together, changing direction each time so it would not buckle. After finishing the top I sewed on a fuzzy back and brought the edges over, folded it under to make the binding and edge.

It turned out great. It was on display at the Petaluma Community Center."

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 530 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page