Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **News from MaryJanesFarm
 Would it be possible.......
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic Would it be possible....... Next Topic
Page: of 6

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  7:02:57 PM  Show Profile
I just realized the Jr. Livestock show is the second weekend, not the first weekend of May, so I can come too! I know all the tents are gone. If I can get my DH to drive our 5th wheel down, could I stay there? Maybe if you had an outlet I can run an extension cord from? The 5th wheel "officially" sleeps 6, though only three beds, so others could stay with me. Let me know if I can come "park my ark" on your place MaryJane. I am so excited to know that this schedule will actually work!

Keep me posted, Darlings!

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Em
True Blue Farmgirl

137 Posts

Emme
Carnation WA
137 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  7:12:21 PM  Show Profile
We are definitely there..tent 1 here we come! Can't wait to meet all of you. You sound like a fun bunch!

Farmgirl Sister #138
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  7:29:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Tent #3 here I come!!!

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

Rich or Poor, It Dont matter We're all the same everybodys hungry in a different way....

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  9:36:48 PM  Show Profile
I just orderd my plane ticket for the weekend !!! I can't believe it!! I'm beyond excited!!!!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  10:46:21 PM  Show Profile
Wahoooo!
I am marking my calendar for the 1st weekend in May,,,,
miss debi.....let me know your date & time of arrival, and your flight #. The guest room is ready for you.
My kitties are looking forward to meeting you too! I'll have your martini ready !!!! lol!
Soooo much fun!
Ok Ladies, I will be the "Shutter Bug" so practice on saying "CHEESE"....I want to capture this wonderful gathering of farmgirls and don't forget your aprons!
Farm Girls ROCK!

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Feb 12 2008 10:47:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  01:08:40 AM  Show Profile
Grace -I'm flying out of Santa Barbara at 6
a.m. and arriving at Spokane at around 11!!!! Then I'll leave Spokane Monday around 4p.m.!! I hope thats okay with you!! Do you want me to do a Trader joes run???Whats your favorite wine!!! I'm sooo happy that I'm giddy!! thank you soooo much for letting me stay! And Thanks also to Maryjane! love and hugs!! can't wait for May!!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  07:32:47 AM  Show Profile
joann .. what's a 'thermarest'??? bet hank knows!!! (he's getting his daily RUN in the woods in the SNOW this morning!)

this sounds like such fun! i'm thinkin' i might jus' leave honey hunk home to 'doggie sit' .. unless he wants to stay in town with his rugby buddies! sound's like a 'gurlfrenz' weekend to me!!

will let all know about kristen soon's i hear. thanks for all the prayers! xo

True Friends * Frannie

HEAR MY STORIES
come, visit my:
"GATHERING ROOM" ..
http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. up for adoption:
http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  07:38:40 AM  Show Profile
oh p.s. if the 'tramp' is somewhat isolated .. ya'll might find me wandering around the hen house in the morning. sometimes my sugars crash big-time .. and i don't know where i am! lordy .. last night was the most 'disoriented' i've been in a long time .. i think i must have taken more insulin at bedtime than i took in carbs for my midnight-snack! (i'll line the perimeter of the trampoline with maryjane's organic brownies!)

it all sounds so FUN!!!!!

True Friends * Frannie

HEAR MY STORIES
come, visit my:
"GATHERING ROOM" ..

adopt a 'rag-chile'

Edited by - CabinCreek-Kentucky on Feb 13 2008 08:07:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  08:06:59 AM  Show Profile
farmgirls .. i'm a little nervous just yet for ordering plane tickets .. unless .. someone else can teach a class .. IF my darling kristen does not get good news and i have to be in delaware early may. hopefully, all plane tickets that have been ordered already are 'refundable' .. or hopefully another class can be conjured up if 'worse comes to worse'. i am being optimistic that all will be well!!!!

gosh .. sounds like a million of us might come! i think if the dolly class is a 'go' .. i might let ya'll make the dollies from beginnin' to end (that way .. you really do learn more). since i'll be flying in .. i'll bring some 'osnaberg' for the bodies .. (already stained in various hues) .. i'll bring vintage linens and laces for embellishments .. i'll order up a variety of different dolly 'hair' types ..

because of the 'puffiness' and size .. i'll ask you kids to 'individually' bring the dolly stuffing (i just get mine from walmart ... brand name MORNING GLORY .. it's inexpensive and works jus' fine!) you'll just need a big plastic-filled bag of it (NOT the 5 pound box!) it will be helpful if you bring your 'sewie' kit .. remember to PACK it in your 'checked luggage' .. cuz' you'll have 'sticky' things in there .. hand-sewing needs (a couple sizes .. jus' regular sewing eye and a slightly larger one that can hold a coupla' strands of embroidery floss) i'll bring the embroidery floss .. bring some regular thread to 'co-ordinate' or match whatever shade fabric you bring for your dolly underoos, dress, apron, etc.) honestly ... i jus' use ECRU thread for ALL of this .. unless i'm sewing DARK fabric .. then i just use brown or black!

don't forget pins, pin cushion, needles, threads and the 'good' scissors .. for cutting fabric. (i'll bring a coupla' pair of 'paper cuttin' scissons to share).

NOW .. i will give you a site to also get some 'turning tools' .. if there are only a dozen of us .. i'll bring my set .. it only takes seconds to turn dolly parts with them .. and FOREVER to turn them by hand!!! IF you think you might want to continue to make dollies .. BOTH a 'turning tool' set AND that STUFFING FORK are the best tools you can have. i HONESTLY wouldn't make nearly as many dollies if i didn't own both of these!!!! that BARBARA WILLIS DESIGNS web-site is good for the stuffing fork (larger one!!) she might sell the turning tools too .. sometimes you can indeed find these in a larger fabric store .. but if not .. i'll get a web-site for you to get those too! You're gonna' HATE it if you don't have the STUFFING FORK!

Remember . .this is a 'dolly from my heart' for (first-time or mostly first-time dollie makers!) .. and i promise you .. dollies are sooooooooooo FORGIVING!!! the sewing for this particular dolly would send 'good' seamstresses running into the potato patch! but i have this theory .. that if you are too 'persnickety' about your first dolly and stress over her .. you may never make a second one! now .. you CAN use those skills if you choose to .. but if i catch someone 'fretting' .. i promise to grab your dolly from your hands .. run find a dirt-pile .. and scruff her up in it .. then i'll bring her back to you all dirty and tattered .. and tell you: HERE .. NOW SHE'S PERFECT!!!! AND .. if you do choose to make a more 'prim' dolly .. she will prefer a little 'wear and tear' .. jus' like she's lived a hundred years!

IF you absolutely PREFER a 'prissy' dolly .. well .. we can do that too!

3/4 of a yard of a coupla' different fabrics that you like a lot are more than enough! if i think of something else, i'll let ya' know! if your fabric is 'stiff' .. wash/dry/beat it up .. you can even 'stain' it ahead of time for a more 'time-worn' look. all you gotta' do is make up a batch of strong tea or coffe (or buy RIT TAN dye) .. and dunk it in there until you get the 'shade' you like .. then iron it after it's dry. (DON'T put it in your dryer to dry .. cuz' you might get 'stains' inside the dryer .. jus' lay it on a bush or hang it on a line in the sunshine to dry. again .. if it STIFFENS to much .. keep washing it until it is nice and 'soft' .. i think the dress 'falls' better on a dolly if it isn't stiff as cardboard!

chilluns: honestly, when i did these classes in Maryland for ten years .. i found it MUCH better for everyone when i had either a momma/daughter class or jus' the chilluns. my teaching style for children is different than my teaching style for 'big girls' .. and it is harder to give enough time and attention to children when adults are taking the same class.

let's plan a momma/grammie/daughter/granddaughter dolly class here at Freedom Valley Farm sometime this year!!!

as i think of more 'stuff' .. i'll post it here. xo

True Friends * Frannie

HEAR MY STORIES
come, visit my:
"GATHERING ROOM" ..

adopt a 'rag-chile'

Edited by - CabinCreek-Kentucky on Feb 13 2008 08:14:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

sissysquilts
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

sissy
wa
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  08:55:20 AM  Show Profile
Hey Grace and Brenda! I know the Farm visit is full but would y'all mind another day trip visitor in Spokane to meet the Spokane farmgirls etc.? I have family in Spokane so would stay with them and meet up with ya if you have room for another :) i'd have the car too in case another carpool car is needed :) We run over to Spokane quite often too so I'll email you next time in case you have a Trader Joe's list ready :) I shop there every week. Just let me know if there's room, love to meet y'all!

Farmgirl Sister #117

"The good stars met in your horoscope. Made you of spirit,fire and dew"
Robert Browning

Edited by - sissysquilts on Feb 13 2008 09:09:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  08:56:39 AM  Show Profile
Thanx for all the info Frannie.

Hope all goes well for your daughter and please, please take good care of yourself....
Just a little thought, all of your ladies who might be flying in for this gathering, and are only traveling w/a carry on bag(no checked luggage) then you might want to consider just making a Joanns/Wally(mart)World run & pick up your dolly supplies here in town to eliminate any issues at the luggage check-in.

Debi~mima, I have plenty of everything so we will raid my stash so you do not need to bring any sewing supplies & I will p/u the polyfiber stuffing for the both of us.

Back in the 80's when the Cabbage Patch dolls we so popular I bought a pattern and sewed one for my daughter... I also made the(& Frannie you probablly remember these) the Dolly heads made from panty hose....I was never all that great, my dolls always had a sourpuss look on their face so I decided to put my "talents" elsewhere! lol!
Ok, off to do laundry. oh joy!

mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Feb 13 2008 08:58:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  09:10:54 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, Oh, Hank would know what a thermarest is--fancy dancy foam pad used in camping. The night air comes up through the bottom of the trampoline. I also have to warn you that while I was on the tramp, which is right at the edge of a large field, I could hear the coyotes howling. I felt like I was lying on a large plate being served up for them : ) Just kidding they don't attack humans. Maybe you better come up to the loft with me there are two beds. JoAnn
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  09:18:46 AM  Show Profile
Hmmm, does anyone know where I can buy a can of "Coyote Be Gone"???? lol!
guess I had better not 'smuggle-in' any sweets or jerky for this camping trip!!!!!

mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Feb 13 2008 09:19:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  09:26:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
No smuggling any contraband MsGrace! I have already told my sweet hubby, I am going to be gone a weekend in May, so dont make plans,lol.Come Heck or high water I am gonna be there and LOVE every minute of it. Since he is out of town this Valentines day, he promised to make it up to me on my birthday, so I told him I wanted another weekend at the farm,lol.
He said"we'll see" . Cant wait to meet you all.

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

Rich or Poor, It Dont matter We're all the same everybodys hungry in a different way....

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Em
True Blue Farmgirl

137 Posts

Emme
Carnation WA
137 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  10:38:44 AM  Show Profile
Its me again, the one bringing the kiddos. Just want to reassure everyone that you don't have to change anything for us just 'cause I'm bringing my girls. I promise we won't be in the way! If the class is too much for them we'll just enjoy the farm in other ways. Or if you want the campfire at night to be more of a PG-13 campfire, (you martini girls sound like fun!) its totally fine! We will stay busy I'm sure. I just really want to make memories with them and this sounds like this weekend will be priceless for that. Thanks for your understanding!

Farmgirl Sister #138
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2008 :  11:57:51 AM  Show Profile
Oops! HI SISSY,~ sissyquilts

sorry I did not respond to your post,,,,my bad!
Actually Debi & MaryJane are in charge of this little get together,,,,I am all for
'the more the merrier', but I think Maryjane is the one to go to regarding how many
her little "site" will accommodate.
We still need to figure out date, time, food, & cost for the whole event.

Mary Jane, could you run some #'s by us to help us know how much $$ we need to set
aside for this fun event @ MJF.
I am assuming that breakfest is included in the price, but as for lunch & dinner we are on our own?
Anybody up for a Tofu dog type weinnie roast? haha!

Debi~mima, has her plane ticket & is staying at the "Hotel de Chatteux Grace" (my house, lol!)

Thanx Frannie for all the info on all the dolly making supplies.

hugz,

mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
www.katmom44.blinkz.com
Go to Top of Page

sissysquilts
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

sissy
wa
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2008 :  1:16:28 PM  Show Profile
No problem Grace :) I know the event at the farm is full to the max :) I was just wondering about meeting the Spokane girls prior to the event since I'll be in Spokane visiting family :) Thanks for responding, have a great weekend *~*
Sissy

Farmgirl Sister #117

"The good stars met in your horoscope. Made you of spirit,fire and dew"
Robert Browning
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2008 :  1:21:55 PM  Show Profile
Grace, I thought when I read Maryjane's post that we were responsible for all our food needs since the B & B would not be running with April's leaving. Maryjane would be just providing a place to sleep. JoAnn
Go to Top of Page

Rebekka Mae
True Blue Farmgirl

965 Posts

Rebekka
Moscow ID
USA
965 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2008 :  2:07:21 PM  Show Profile
Food will be super easy gals- we have a great co-op in town where you can stock up on the fresh essentials, I am sure you can order ahead some food from the farm. Our favorite event of the year, aside from Farm Fair, is Renaissance Fair and it happens to be that weekend as well. There is lots of yummy food there (all the food vendors compost the plates and cups and one even serves MaryJane's Falafel, it is divine)...plus amazing crafters and vendors galore. The only problem will be...that you won't want to leave Moscow or the farm!

Hugs- Rebekka

www.bebebella.etsy.com

As a woman I have no country. As a woman, my country is the whole world.

Virginia Woolf
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2008 :  09:11:48 AM  Show Profile
JoAnn,
I was under the impression that MJ provided a continentle type breakfest,(muffins & tea). Guess I am wrong.
I know we are on our own for lunch & dinner as well as our "activities". ('cept the doll class).
So it comes back to, do we want to as a group plan meals or each lady do her own thing?
I am a nortorous "list maker" I guess it's one of my work habits that I have not been able to shake.. I like to know the who, whats where, whens & even how much....sorry just an old work habit.
While I look forward to Frannies doll class I also plan to bring some needlework or one of my crocheting projects to work on in the quiet moments.
I know there is no elec, but I am assuming there is running water??? Is there something availible to us to cook on??
Rebekka, I love the idea of getting fresh goodies from the co-op in Moscow.
Just little old me asking a lot of little old questions.

Oh & sissyquilts, I am going to try to set up a get together before we head out to MJF, & would love for you to join us. I will work on the details & post them here.
tata-4-now

mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
www.katmom44.blinkz.com
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2008 :  09:39:19 AM  Show Profile
Grace, Here's the quote from Maryjane's entry on page 3
"Let’s call it a dolly class. I’ll have machines ready and firewood for warmth and a shower and outdoor bathing but no food. If you could bring your own entirely or put an order in with Nick (hubby) ahead of time for some of our instant food, he can have your food in boxes in your tents when you arrive. I need to make this farmgirl gathering pure frolic for me and super easy because I may be under the gun for magazine content or a newspaper column, you name it. I’m signing up for more and more deadlines all the time! We’ll have you switch out your sheets and remake the beds to keep our costs down." Since I'm coming earlier I think I'll just bring stuff for me--muffins, fresh fruit for breakfast. I have a couple of cold salads I could eat for every meal I like them so much. fresh bread etc. Let's hope for good news from Frannie about her daughter. Then the listmaking can start!
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2008 :  09:49:07 AM  Show Profile
P.S. Maybe we could have a barbecue on Sat. night in the Plum Pit. Bring your own meat to grill and a dish to share. JoAnn
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2008 :  11:53:34 AM  Show Profile
how far is Maryjane's farm from the town of Moscow? i suppose lots of us will have cars (i'll rent one at the airport .. not sure which one .. hank will do all that for me) .. sooo .. i can take a buncha' gurlfenz into town whenever necessary! i'm gonna' spend an extra few days on either the beginning or end of the trip to visit some olde-time moscow friends too.

soon's we get back from our little 'vacation-ette' that starts this weekend (and after i get good news from daughter, kristen) .. i'll start making firm plans. and pulling together things you might want/need for the dolly class. (we'll all have both march and april to do this!)

oh this will be such grande fun!

True Friends * Frannie

HEAR MY STORIES
come, visit my:
"GATHERING ROOM" ..

adopt a 'rag-chile'

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2008 :  11:57:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
The farm is about 8-10 miles out of town. A very pretty road. In fact you all have seen lots of pictures from this year if you have been looking at my winter photos!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Please come visit Nora and I our our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2008 :  12:10:45 PM  Show Profile
THANKS ALEE .. an 'easy jaunt' for those who live in the country and are used to travelin' a few miles to get to the grocery store! xo

True Friends * Frannie

HEAR MY STORIES
come, visit my:
"GATHERING ROOM" ..

adopt a 'rag-chile'

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic Would it be possible....... Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page