Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **News from MaryJanesFarm
 Would it be possible.......
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic Would it be possible....... Next Topic
Page: of 6

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  8:28:45 PM  Show Profile
OK, ladies here is the deal,,,,,mima is going to fly in a day or so early and camp out in my guest room...I am more than happy to drive, I can do 1 of 2 things throw a bunch of you ladies in the back of the pick up truck like a "Coyote",LOL! or I can fit myself & 3 other ladies in the Jeep. Moscow is about an hour drive give or take stops to go potty & get a java fix.
Maryjane, I do have a little 13ft SCAMP trailer which I could bring & "drycamp" in if you needed to make more room for the ladies.
Amanda, you are more then welcome to ride w/ mima & me & Denise?
Oh my word, we are gonna have such a gabfest on the way up.
If we can pull this off, I would like to get as many Pacific North West gals together to lunch/shop while mima is up here. Note to self: Self, Bring your CAMERA!

I am good for the "Farm Girls Take Over of MJF" any time except April 23-28 as I will be on a SOTF outing, other than that I am game for all this fun & frivolity.

Oh Denise~ Georgia Girl, if you don't mind sleeping on the downstairs sofa you are welcome to camp out at my house as well.
And yes, the Spokane airport is the best location to fly into. Take either Alaska or Horizon Air. South West also flies into Spokane.
Ok ladies lets do this!(hmmm.do i hear Martini night @ grace's")
hugz,

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Feb 05 2008 8:34:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  10:13:59 PM  Show Profile
I can't come that weekend either ~ have fun everybody!

Patricia

Proud Farmgirl Sister #19
Rusty Chicks Chapter

check out my etsy site http://ThePlayfulFarmgirl.etsy.com

Today I choose faith not fear.
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  11:00:58 PM  Show Profile
I'm soooo there Grace!!! Thank you!! Just need to make my flight arrangements!!!HUGS!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

Georgia Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

212 Posts

Denise
Atlanta GA
USA
212 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  06:10:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Georgia Girl an AOL message
Oh, I really want to fly in a day early too. That sounds like too much fun to miss. My Hannah is hoping MJ says she can sleep on the floor of my tent so she can come too. Would there be enough room for her in the car too?

~Denise~
Proud Farmgirl Sister #113

http://mybigcityfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  07:40:55 AM  Show Profile
Yes, yes yes! I will be more specific when I get home.
MaryJane

Edited by - Meg on Feb 06 2008 07:41:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  09:50:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Grace sounds good to me. I cant wait!! I think though, we all might need a "break" once we get home from our "relaxing & quiet" mini vacation!Cause I think there will be LOTS of gabbin goin on!

Mama to 2
I am who I am
FarmGirl# 20

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  10:33:34 AM  Show Profile
Denise, we can work something out, since there are several of us here in the Spokane area like Carol Sue & Teresa, Julia, Heather (hint hint, wink wink)maybe we can work out a car pool system. Even if someone can't stay the weekend but can drive up for the day, but we will work it out. I do have a Class-B motorhome & yes I do drive it, if we had to we could have up to 6 passengers.
Oh I should mention,,, I have 4 kitties so hopefully anyone coming to my house is not alergic to kitty fur.
Ok, now to just set a date.
Oh, I guess I should ask, have we figured what the cost will be(not including airfare)?
What if any supplies should we or do we need to bring?
I for one plan to have a "NO Make-Up" weekend...just my toothbrush & deod... hee hee.
Do we want to plan an activity for the evening? Like a "Chinese Laundry" gift game, you know, each gal brings a "unique"(funny or ?) gift with a max $5 limit on cost. gift wrap it and then we draw #'s & starting w/#1 they choose a gift & open it. #2 has the option of "stealing" the gift or choosing another warpped gift, you get the idea.
Ok ladies lets plan on having a blast @ MJF, P.J. party, building farmgirl friendship, wonderful healthy food & sleeping under the beautiful Idaho stars!.
We Can Do This! Debi, thanx for getting this going!
Debi, fyi~ plan on about $200 for round trip airfare. That's usually what it runs me from LAX to Spokane w/Alaska Air.
Hugz,

mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Feb 06 2008 10:37:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  10:44:23 AM  Show Profile
Grace!!! Thank you thank you!!! You should have seen me dancing around my kitchen this morning!!!
Hey!! I'm all about no/low maintence!!! You've seen me!! LOL! I'm might actually have to buy real shoes not flip flops!!!
I can fly out of San luis Obisbo to LAX to spokane for about 235 plus tax! beats $ for gas to L.a. and dealing with traffic!
Just need to know whats convient for you! I can leave SLO abou 6a.m Thurs am and be in Spokane about noon and then let me know if you want me to leave Mon or Tuesday!!! How fast do you want to get rid of me????
LOL!!! I'm soooo excited! I've never even been up that way! What a total blast this is going to be!! Okay! Love you and Hugs!!!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  10:50:41 AM  Show Profile
Silly Goose!
It's up to you, date & time.
If you want to leave early or later in the day, the airport is just about 10 miles from home a really easy drive & Spokane is about like Burbank, small and really easy not to mention never crowded to get through.
Come up a day or two easrly so we can go play w/the Spokane & surrounding area girls. And give your self at least a day after we get back from MJF to catch your breath,maybe do a load of laundry, more shopping or sightseeing.... you let me know whats easiest for you. Oh & bring your flip flops, after all We are California girls! I have mine, and I live in 'em was soon as the weather warms up & I get my first pedicure for the season! lol!
hugz,

mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Feb 06 2008 10:51:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Em
True Blue Farmgirl

137 Posts

Emme
Carnation WA
137 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  1:37:58 PM  Show Profile
WOWZERS!!! MaryJane you rock! We will take that Tent #1 for sure! Do you want us to put down a deposit or something? My girls will go crazy that they are actually going to meet MaryJane and stay at the farm! Yippie!!!!
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  2:22:40 PM  Show Profile
Are you too full yet, or maybe room for just a day person?

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  6:14:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Grace Pedicures!!! OMyGOSH!!!! I cant wait to know the dates, so I can start another count down!!

Mama to 2
I am who I am
FarmGirl# 20

Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  7:15:03 PM  Show Profile
geez gals i dont know how i missed this and now i need to ask can i come with and could i bring monkey with. gonna go read the rest of the pages from this thread. Kooky cluckers no laughing but it took me this long to catch on to what you were talking about

ok so read the thread and katmom count me in for martinis at your house and shopping (window shopping dont need more stuff). but the question still is can i drag monkey along with me?
lavendar girl
http://lavendarfieldsdreamer.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Lavendar fields dreamer on Feb 06 2008 7:34:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  7:34:59 PM  Show Profile
And I need to find out whether I can come for the daytime activities, but not spend the night at the farm. Anyone know?

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16367 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16367 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  8:17:21 PM  Show Profile
Farmgirls sure do know how to plan a party! Yes, Denise, you can bring Hannah but I don't think we should take on day trippers. That's because if the weather isn't great, we don't have a gathering place big enough to hold more than say 10, especially if we're building dollies. But we'll try to do it again. Mountain Girl, if you can come a day early, that would help tremendously. Unless the immense amount of winter we're getting this year sets spring back, I'll have you pick welcome bouquets for everyone's tent, tuck chocolate beneath their pillows and roll out the welcome mat. Katmom, if you'd rather stay in your RV, you're sure welcome to bring it. Let me know. No pets please. See soon!!!!!

MaryJane, Proud Farmgirl #1

~Recession is capitalism's way of getting you to grow a garden~
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  8:21:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Ahhh I cant wait!! MaryJane you are SO awesome!

Mama to 2
I am who I am
FarmGirl# 20

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  9:15:11 PM  Show Profile
Thanx MaryJane, I am very flexible, if we need more tent space then I will can camp out in my itty bitty trailer or itty bitty RV. I can dry camp in both.
Once we figure out the logistics of who is coming, who is camping, traveling, date, etc, then I will decide if I need my itty bitty travel trailer or RV.
Ladies, for those coming into town(Spokane) to attend the {"Take Over of MJF" LOL!} get together, I would like to plan/host an informal get together either the day before or ??? at my home. Tea & dessert. This invitation will also be extended to the ladies who are unable to go to MJF but would like a chance to meet up w/mima.
I will make more concrete plans as we get closer to the big event.

mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Feb 06 2008 9:16:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  07:14:54 AM  Show Profile
Thank you sooo much for introducing me to everyone Grace!!! you have no idea how excited I am!!!
I'm also all about a "grace martini"!!
If no no else wants to join us we can get totally looped together, stay up late and tell each other our life stories!!!LOL! hopefully we won't be too hung over when we meet Mary jane!! Now how embarrassig would that be!![:)
Can you bring wine on the plane? I would love to share some of the Central Coasts finest with everyone!!
I hope I don't scare anyone away with this post!! really- tea is fine!LOL Many hugs!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Em
True Blue Farmgirl

137 Posts

Emme
Carnation WA
137 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  07:39:05 AM  Show Profile
I was thinking about bringing my 2 girls, is anyone else bringing kids?(and if so, how old are they?) Do you think the doll making will be something they can participate in or will it be too hard for them? They've each done some machine sewing, but they are only almost 7 and 9. I don't want them to end up feeling like they can't participate. Let me know and be honest! Better to know now than later! Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  07:57:05 AM  Show Profile
Love to come a day earlier. As I look at three more inches of snow it's hard to believe there will be wildflowers again : ) Our little newspaper sponsors a contest (for little kids) for finding the first buttercup. One year it was found on January 24! This year I visualize the little buttercup under all the snow trying to dig itself out! JoAnn
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  09:45:25 AM  Show Profile
Poor MaryJane,,,,
We are so gonna take over her farm!
Debi,,,,yes, I have brought wine-bubbled wrapped & boxed in my suitcase on the plane, but check w/ the airlines to see if you can carry it on instead...on my DH last trip to Calif., he did a Trader Joe's run for me, 2 cases of wine, my favorite oatmeal, Stevia and tons of other stuff that I have not been able to find up here 'cuz there isn't a T.J.'s in or around Spokane,,, he rode back w/our SIL's dad so it wasn't an issue.
Girlfriend, you are going to love the ladies up here, Brenda(past blessings) is a walking "I Love Lucy" character,,,Judy is so patient....especially when she is the passenger & I am the driver(in a snow storm) CS & Teresa aka the Boppsy Twins are a hoot w/a heart of gold & a pitcher of ice tea to boot. Amanda is a bad
infulence and will most likely get me into trouble now that she is moving close by-{think deck & martini's!}
Julia Hayes is the owner/care taker of a very old house that she lovingly refers to as "Old Henry", she is a gardener, a mommy and likes an occassional glass of wine, come summer I plan to walk down our country road to her house & join her in a glass of Chardonny.....
There are so many other wonderful and lovely ladies up here and in the nearby communities. I am so looking forward to getting together with all of them and for you to get to meet up with them...
This will be such fun.

Have we discussed all the pertinent details, what this will cost, are we staying 1 or 2 nights....food, activities,,,I know MJ is setting up everything at her end, I have received a lot of inquiries about the set itinery,,,so I will defer to both you & MJ....I am the temporary B&B & airport shuttle...hahaha & tea party/martini party hostess...
With a ton of aprons to chose from....may I suggest that those attending bring a "special apron" that they can share with the ladies, kind of a "Show-n-tell"... I would love to get a group photo of all the ladies holding up their aprons(like you, amanda & I did in Ventura) That would be such a nice memory/keepsake souveignier(sp).
Ok, my java has kicked in.....java java java....gotta go do something!!!!
later gater,

mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Feb 07 2008 09:46:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  10:04:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Grace you are funny, BUT I am not a bad influence!(shh only on a bad day!, or good day hehehe)Cant wait for some ME time!

Mama to 2
I am who I am
FarmGirl# 20

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  3:24:24 PM  Show Profile
hahaha! Amanda, I'm thinking you will Rock M.L., You Go Girl! lol!
how's the packing coming along???
Have you had a chance to take a peek at the felt pin swap to see the cute felt pins Smoothiejuice has been making....the woman is on a roll & having way to much fun!...
hugz,

mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  11:14:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Thank you for the compliment Grace,I will try to Rock M.L.,lol.The packing is coming along slowly, 9days and then I can start the count down for this get together!!

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

Rich or Poor, It Dont matter We're all the same everybodys hungry in a different way....

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  6:53:25 PM  Show Profile
well, gurlfrenz .. i'm sure excited about the possibility of gathering with you in early may. the 'only' thing that might keep me from coming (at this point) is awaiting news from my daughter, kristen (who lives in delaware). she got some 'suspicious mams' and this week is going to talk with her doctor about the 'next step'. if they do a biopsy and all is well .. i am sooooooooooo in IDAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! if it isn't 'good news' and she needs me to be with her .. of course, that is where my heart will be .. so i'll take the rest of my body along too! and won't be able to travel to maryjane's early may. will let ya'll know soon's i know. (send little health prayers heavenward for my precious daughter pleeeeeeeeeeze!!!!!)

i would like to limit the 'size' of the class to no more than a 'dozen' .. and that's pushin' it a bit! IF i make the 'bodies' ahead of time .. you gurlz can 'stuff' them .. but i HIGHLY recommend getting a 'stuffing fork' .. which is not always easy to find in stores! i think you can google BARBARA WILLIS stuffing forks .. (here's the info - for more info .. google: Barbara Willis Designs).

Barbara Willis Designs
Supplies
Stuffing Forks ~ ~ Hair

Stuffing Forks

Regular
- $11.00 each
plus S/H $1.50 each
(CA RESIDENTS add 8.25% sales tax)

Stuffing Forks have become a staple in the clothdoll industry. Our tool allows you to get small bits of stuffing into thse hard to get to places and gives your project a professional look.
Getting stuffing where you want it and having it look great is what this tool is all about. With just a little practice you will be like a pro!

Take a small amount of stuffing and push the unique notched end of our tool into it. Turn the tool in one continuous direction until the stuffing has taken on the look of a long skinny Q-tip. Glide the tool up into the finger of your doll and then back the tool out by holding onto the finger gently. Your finger will now be stuffed all the way up to the top and will have a uniform thickness. For larger areas like noses or small limbs take up larger bits of stuffing and use the same method. You will begin to learn to gauge how much stuffing to wind on according to your project size in to time. When stuffing main areas of your doll or bear do not wind the stuffing on but rather push the stuffing into the limb or body cavity. The notched end will grab the stuffing and help the stuffing go into the desired area easily.

SHE HAS BOTH A 'MINI' AND A 'REGULAR' .. YOU DEFINITELY WANT THE 'REGULAR' ... (the mini is for teeeeeeensy little fingers and toes!)

check out the 'tibetan goat' hair on her website too! if you see a color you like .. you might want to order some of this too. (i don't suggest the WHITE .. that's more 'santa' or 'olde lady lookin'!

there is also 'wool roving' .. which is GREAT .. and cheaper .. i'll get some 'web-sites' for you on that too .. so you can order ahead of time! e-mail me too if you think you might be able to join us. i'll contact you as soon as i know i can go .. and then we'll get down to the nitty-gritty of making firm plans.

p.s. miss amy .. it would be wonderful if you can come to MaryJanes ... if you can't .. remember that i WILL be giving your 'Cabin Fever Gurlfrenz' a dolly class this coming weekend! xo

IF we have access to a few sewing machines ... (we'll need at least a couple unless you wish to totally hand-sew your entire doll. unless you are a pretty good 'seamstress' .. the machine-sewn BODY is 'tighter' for stuffing!

anyhoo .. if you all make the bodies from 'scratch' .. i would suggest two half days .. or one L-O-N-G day ..

i think May 2/3 would be good for me if all goes well with Kristen. please let maryjane know if those dates are good for you and if you can DEFINITELY make it. don't make any plane reservations until you hear back from me. i'm thinking i should know something be next week's end. that would give us a week or so of February and all of March and April to save pennies and make plans.

True Friends * Frannie

HEAR MY STORIES
come, visit my:
"GATHERING ROOM" ..
http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. up for adoption:
http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic Would it be possible....... Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page