Page: of 9

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2005 :  07:27:19 AM  Show Profile
I don't know if you have any support source in your community -- as hard as it can be to accept help, you may need someone to come in and help you once in a while. Do you have a church family? Can you request some discreet help -- i.e., a few meals delivered to your home, a lady to assist you with housekeeping while you are laid up? I feel so badly for you and your husband, and the living situation is obviously difficult for both of you. Please consider asking for some help. And when your situation improves, you can payback the Universe by helping someone else.
Go to Top of Page

quiltedess
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Nancy
Priest River ID
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2005 :  08:37:56 AM  Show Profile
Lynn:
My heart is breaking for you, I know you are so discouraged. If I remember right you are pretty young. Things will get better with time. When I was in my twenties, my husband and I adopted two little boys, brothers. Then we decided to "remodel" our very old house and tore off one end of the the house, ripped off siding on the outside and pulled down plaster on the inside. We WAY underestimated the time and cost of such a project. In January of one year we were down to living in one room of the house, the only one with insulation and wall board. It was a small bedroom. We had a bathroom, but no hot water. In the bedroom we had a double bed and two lightweight twin mattresses for the boys that we tipped up into the closet during the day. There was one dresser and on top was a microwave oven and a tv. Next to the dresser we had a mini refrigerator. We had blankets over the doorway (no door) to keep out the cold and a small space heater for warmth. I washed dishes in the bathtub. Looking back it's hard for me to believe that we lived this way. Halfway through the month of January . . . the adoption agency called and said "we have a daughter for you". We were delighted! I ran out and bought a portacrib and we found a spot in the room for it . . . now we had three kids . . . it took years of slowly plodding ahead, one foot in front of the other to finally finish the house. The best part about it is that I can say we actually raised three kids and lived through it. Our best friends were going through similar circumstances in a nearby town . . . I could go on and on . . . now we're all in our 50s (well, I'm the youngest at 49 ) and we can look back on it and be proud of what we've accomplished.
Well, this was a long-winded way to say that "things will get better!!" Hang in there! Talk to your friends, talk to us, we understand. Even if you can accomplish only one thing each day right now, that is good. If all you can do is be supportive of your sweet hubby as he works to improve things, then you are doing the very most important thing you can do. Don't be afraid or ashamed to ask for help. I'll be praying for you.
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

lonestargal
True Blue Farmgirl

607 Posts

Kristi
Texas
607 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2005 :  08:51:24 AM  Show Profile
I need to vent too. It seems lately I have been so overwhelmed with everything and REALLY stressed out. Some of what's going on is completely stupid stuff to get mad at but when everything is put together it seems huge. First a couple months back we had a HUGE storm here and when we woke up our pool was filled with clay-like mud. It looked like a lake. It took a lot of time and money to get it back clear again. Now 2 weeks ago it did the same thing only this time there was no storm. Our filter was pumping mud into our pool!!! So we spent the time and money again to get it clear and now the whole thing is green from algae. I have had the water tested repeatedly and they say it's fine. Ummm..no it's not. Then my husband completely HATES my little dog. He has never physically hurt him but he yells at him all the time and scares him to where the dog comes running to me to hide. I HATE THIS!!! I love my dogs so much and it kills me to see him act like this. I've tried to talk to him about it and we just end up in a fight.
Then I started watching this little girl for a friend of my husbands. They work together for the railroad so they don't work everyday but they are on-call all the time. Well the deal was that I would watch the baby only while the dad is working and he would pick her up early when he could. The mom is a school teacher so she is gone during the week. Well it started out fine but now they are dropping her off with me while he goes hunting or fishing or building their new house. This makes me soooo mad. First of all that was not the deal, second when your off work-spend time with your kids for petes sake. The dad is on vacation all this week and guess who has the baby. Me. That just frustrates me.
We are currently renting our home from my dad because we didn't have the money for the down payment so we are kinda doing a rent-to-own deal with him. Well he and my mom bought a very nice ranch house on 40 acres and a barn. The plan there was that they were going to build a new house for them back on some of the acreage and my family would move into the existing house and my dad would sell us about 5 acres. Good deal. Well this was about 2 1/2 years ago. In the meantime, my brother has moved to Texas from California and is staying with us which isn't a problem and then my grandmother passed away and my grandfather is living now with my parents. Well my dad calls me last night and tells me that he is putting the house that I am living in for sale in a month so I need to get everything ready, that he is signing a deal with a contractor to start building his house and should take 6-9 months!!! WHAT??? I asked where my family is supposed to live when the house sells. He says he and my mom will live in their motorhome on the property and me, my husband, 2 kids, my brother, my grandfather, 4 dogs, will have to live in the 3 bedroom ranch house until their house is finished. I am so upset at this. It has taken him over 2 years to decide if he was building his house or not and now I feel like he has to have everything done NOW and I'm basically being kicked out of my house. I'm sorry this was so long and that I'm just rambling but I can't talk to my dad because he tells me it's his money and he will do what he wants with it, I can't talk to my husband because we just fight over it. I know it's because we are both stressed but we never fight at all so that is just adding to it. Thanks for listening (or reading for that matter)
Go to Top of Page

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2005 :  09:40:03 AM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
Thank you girls for all your kind words. It has made me feel so much better - I was so discouraged this morning! I rarely cry, but I was in tears this morning.

We too don't have a door - we nailed two blankets over the doorway to keep warm air in from the little ceramic heater during our chilly spring, and now to keep the cooler air in from the little ac unit. We have actually done this to ourselves before (gluttons for punishment). Our first home we completely gutted, and moved in with plastic over the doorways, one working outlet, no kitchen, no hot water (in November). Our microwave died - probably from me heating up two tea jugs with warm water for our sponge baths - one to wash and one to rinse! Now we heat frozen pizzas with a heat gun - you know, the ones used to help paint peel off...

I wish I could say that we had found a church family. We haven't - we had put it off until we had been here a little while and could start putting our lives in order. Now my back is out and I cannot sit(!) for even 10 minutes some days. In moving here we moved away from all our family - not that I think any of them would have done anything for us anyway. A lot of them are very material. My mother in law would but where we lived was still more than an hour drive and I would have felt terrible if she had done that for us.

My next-door neighbor is great - she cooks a meal for us every once in a while. She is the sweetest thing and so happy to have us here instead of the previous folks. They really scared her with their drunken binges and weekend bonfires. She was afraid her house would catch fire, or that they would set it on fire for the fun of it.

I know we will pull through this. My husband and I are very close, arguments are rare as winter roses. We both chose to do this and hopefully, we'll be living better in a few more weeks.

Kristi- why does your hubby hate your dog? What's wrong with that one? We love our dogs too (they are our kids). By yelling at your dog he is really going to mentally harm your dog. One of mine was abused before, it has taken a lot of work but to this day a raised voice - even when DH and I are playing - frightens her so bad she runs and hides for hours.

You need to sit down with the dad about the kid you are babysitting. By continuing to take the child you are saying it's okay with you, making you an enabler. It is hard for us sometimes to stick up for ourselves when we are being taken advantage of, but that is exactly what this guy is doing and I'll wager he knows it.

I think your dad is trying to be fair - he's moving into the motor home after all. That won't be easy for them. I know moving is a bear but at least you will be moved into the house (if I understood right) that would have the 5 acres you were going to buy earlier anyway. He may need the money from the house you are in to help pay for the price of building the other home. I don't know your family so I don't know if this was done to intentionally hurt you or not.

Hang in there - we'll all make it!
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2005 :  10:32:35 AM  Show Profile
Lynn, I am so sorry things are rough for you and hubby right now. Just remember nothing lasts forever! I was where you are over 20 years ago! We had just built our house, we were broke, it was unfinished and it was one of the worst winters on record. No heat to speak of, and I had to go out in a blizzard and forage for wood scraps for a wood burning furnace to keep the house livable for my one year old daughter. DH was gone all the time so I was left to fend. I know things look really bleak now, but believe it will get better if ya hang tough, take little steps, a day at a time, and don't ever give up! Hugs, Jenny

Being is what it is. Jean Paul Sartre
Go to Top of Page

lonestargal
True Blue Farmgirl

607 Posts

Kristi
Texas
607 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2005 :  1:14:05 PM  Show Profile
Lynn, I just read your full post of what you are going through and I'm sorry your in that situation. When DH and I moved to Texas almost 4 years ago we were living in a VERY TINY camping trailer because we didn't know how long we were going to be staying here. I had to melt snow just so we could flush the toilet because our lines would freeze (didn't want to use our small amount of drinking water for this) our water heater would contantly blow out because of all the wind here. I know none of this compares to your situation right now just letting you know that I've been in hard situations too and I'm sure it will work out just fine.

As far as my dog and husband problem, my DH doesn't like that dog just because he is small. We have a lab that my husband adores it's just the little one. Out of all the animals, the small one is my baby. I know he is mentally messing with him and I've tried to tell DH that but we always end up fighting. The dog won't let anyone near him but me, the kids, and my mom.

I'm going to talk to the parents of the little girl because I do feel taken advantage of. I'm sure it will work out fine but that was just one more thing to be stressed about right now.

I know my dad means well. He would NEVER do anything to intentionally hurt me. After all he is doing all this as a favor for us. My parents are very well off financially and yes I'm sure in the end he could use the money from our current house to help pay for the new one but the contractor completely fronts the bill for the house. My parents put a deposit down to get started but then don't pay him a dime until keys are exchanged and they make the final signature so he has time to let us get the house ready without feeling completely stressed. All this will soon pass and be fine but right now I'm just feeling overwhelmed because I'm generally not a stressed person at all and handle things pretty good. DH and I never fight and we have been a lot lately so that is part of the problem. I just needed a place to get all my thoughts down and vent a little.
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2005 :  2:17:41 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Kristi -- OK, your husband doesn't have to like the little dog -- but that doesn't mean that he is allowed to yell at the dog and abuse it (verbally). Especially since abusing the dog is a kind of mental abuse to you! You need a frank discussion with your husband about how upset you feel when he yells at the little dog. No raised voice, no fighting, just 'I feel sad and upset'. Does the little dog get underfoot? Does it bark at husband when husband is overtired? When you can look at the situation from both of your perspectives, what do you see? And what can you do to help the situation -- like take the dog outside when husband first comes home so he has some quiet time to himself to unwind? Sometimes we take things out on our animals when it's something else that's bothering us. Obviously, your living situation is making both of you stressed, and as you have said you rarely fight, this may be just a symptom of the stress both of you are feeling. Take a deep breath! I'm thinking of you, and sending good, healthy thoughts your way. Always feel free to vent here amongst the FarmGirls.

Edited by - katie-ell on Sep 07 2005 2:41:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

verbina
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

randi
n.j
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2005 :  5:18:15 PM  Show Profile
my farm sisters, i was feeling so sorry for myself today and then i came here. i know i am not alone and know that we all have to go thru these ups and downs .some days are diamonds and then there some that are glass. heard that somewere ,(cant remember). oh well i guess we can put one foot in front of the other and things will be ok. right? randi
Go to Top of Page

lonestargal
True Blue Farmgirl

607 Posts

Kristi
Texas
607 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2005 :  11:19:06 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Katie-ell. Everything you said is true. I have had talk with DH before about how it makes me feel that he is not only hurting and upsetting my dog but me as well but that doesn't go too far. I don't want it to sound like my DH is a bad man and that he is this mean guy he isn't at all. He is a very kind man unless he doesn't like you, then he is rude. The dog is always underfoot but it's mine and that doesn't bother me. Both dogs follow me everywhere I go and it drives DH crazy. I never thought about putting them out though when he gets home and letting him rest for a while. Our house is always so busy, but I'll try it. I know a lot of it is stress and I want everything back to how it was before. We always had so much fun laughing and joking around. I know it will get better just takes time.
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2005 :  3:17:05 PM  Show Profile
I thought I would brighten your day with these little things that happened this afternoon.
First- I woke up to my little Sheltie crouching in my bathroom- can you say "RUN!" outside? (Apparently I need to lose weight so I can move faster.)
Second- Today is my friend's birthday and I took her out to lunch. While we were waiting for our table, a man came in with his twin 4 year-old very rambunctious boys. Both boys walked up to their dad and punched him as hard as they could in a place I am sure he wished had been more protected. How do you writhe in pain discreetly with a crowd of people around you? Not very well.
Third- As we were leaving WalMart we noticed that the RR gates across the street were acting funny. One minute they were up, the next minute they were down. Wouldn't you know it, a huge SUV pulled right onto the tracks after waiting for the gate to raise. Well, of course Murphy's Law kicked in and the gate came down right on top of the SUV! We watched in amazement as the driver inched his way forward, nearly rear-ending the car in front of him, trying to be released from the grip of the monstrous red and white striped arm. Silly man.
While I really wanted to be annoyed at all of these things, they turned out to be so funny that I just couldn't be!
I hope these made you laugh and got your minds onto something else for a brief moment!
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2005 :  3:24:12 PM  Show Profile
Karin!!! Thanks for the smiles today .... and that poor dad... jeepers!

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2005 :  5:15:13 PM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
Thank you Karin!
See me smile?
Go to Top of Page

LadyCrystal
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Alicia
Rhode Island
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2005 :  12:20:39 PM  Show Profile
I need to vent about people who like to keep you down.I am training for a big promotion.Two girls are training for the same spot( there are plenty of openings for all of us).I don't know if it is because I am much older than them or what but I am very supportive about how far they have gotten in their training.The trainer made a mistake today and scheduled two of us at the same time.He took out both of our files to see what exams we had to take today.I want to finish faster than the six month training time so I do two modules more than assigned.When I told him that she came out with a snotty remark about how I am making her look bad.I just flashed a smile and said no I just want to get the work finished, I would never do anything to make a coworker look bad.I think she go the point but still every time I run into them both I get the grill about how far I am and what I have left to do.What ever happened to sisterhood and being supportive of other women trying to break into a mostly male feild?????
Alicia

P.S. I did pass all my exams today

Follow your dreams
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2005 :  12:25:05 PM  Show Profile
Good for you Alicia! I too deal with people like that in my workplace. I chuck it up to they are either feeling inesecure or jealous or both. Keep on you own path and don't let 'em get you down.!!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

lareyna
True Blue Farmgirl

242 Posts

Arlene
Valley Ford Ca
USA
242 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2005 :  12:36:54 PM  Show Profile
Alicia congratulations on your exams!!! Unfortunately some people know no other way to make themselves look good except to attempt to make others look bad, this doesn't work, and your superiors will recognize that, they didn't get where they are by being ignorant of human failings, they are superiors for a reason!!(usually) Take heart that you are finishing before them and have had the opportunity to learn new information. You WILL prevail!!!

I was Country before Country was COOL
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2005 :  2:28:15 PM  Show Profile
Alicia, Hang in there and know you're doing your best. Congratulations on passing your exams. Jan
Go to Top of Page

LadyCrystal
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Alicia
Rhode Island
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2005 :  7:47:02 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for the support.I do appreciate it.
Alicia

Follow your dreams
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2005 :  8:37:58 PM  Show Profile
Alicia! Congrats on passing your exams! Just remember, the high road is always a lonely one! Be proud, you earned it!

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

little feather
True Blue Farmgirl

83 Posts

Tawnya
Walnut Creek California
USA
83 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2005 :  4:12:36 PM  Show Profile  Send little feather a Yahoo! Message
A place for venting?

Okay, well, here goes. I really feel that all of you are my friends in this life and there are times when you just want to be in the arms of your friends to know that you really are cared about.

I just feel so overwhelmed today-

there's money problems (0f course) but it doesn't help that I do all the bookkeeping/billpaying/checkbook balancing- and my Hubby (as wonderful as he is) just keeps spending and spending. Yes, he does give me the records. But, it doesn't help if he's spending more than what we've got to spend.
I try talking to him, but, it's turned around as to me not knowing how to do all this!? Ugh!

there's inlaw problems- my hubbies Mother has decided that I am "an insecure lier". Oh, which, I'm sorry, but to me is the lowest sin a person can committ. Aren't all other sins covered by lies?
This hurts so much I just can't say.
It's stems from her newest grandbaby and me.
Her youngest daughter Roni, (my sister in law) and I are good friends. We're the closest in age, being that my Husband is 13 years older.
When her baby came a long, a little girl. I just fell for her- I would think that the whole family would. Well, babies pick up on that so, since a very young age Roni has left her with me when she needed someone to sit her.
This was not okay with their Mom. She made comment to me on several occasions that- Renee (another sister) was the God Mother.
I would just blow it off and say that I knew. But, still wondering what exactly her point was.
Well, bottom line is I should have NOT blown it off from the get go. Things got out of control between her, Renee (the God Mother) and I and things came to a head with them treating me very poorly- excluding me even on phone calls to my home and dealings with my Husband. My Husband even saw this, eventually- at first of course I was paranoid. But, I'm not. I've got very good intuition- even if I didn't you'd have to be blind not to see.
Well, when finally confronted- by my Husband- he was told that I was insecure and that I was lying to him.
He's did get very upset and told his Mom that she owed us an apology. Which she's given, to him.
Now I'm dealing with issues of them conversing while I'm not present and then hearing of these conversations second hand. Usually hearing him talk to another family member about the conversation- which is of course about me.

I just feel so lost. I guess with all of it the underlining feeling is not good about my Husband.
I don't want him to chose sides- but, I want him to be fair and not play sides. Keep me in the dark? I guess to protect me? I just don't get it.
My heart hurts- I'm I seeing this wrong? Please ladies help me out.
I don't want to feel like this. I don't want to always feel on the outside in my relationship with my husband.
I also don't want to change my relationship with my niece-
but, I don't feel as if I've done anything to deserve this treatment.

SO SAD>>>

Where ever you go, go with all your heart!
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2005 :  4:37:33 PM  Show Profile
Hi Tawnya, Glad you are back! We missed you! Dealings with in-laws can be a real pain in the you know what!!!! So many hard feelings can result if things are not laid out on the table and communicated. When it all comes down to the nitty gritty...you and the hubster need some serious sit down and talk and this is how I feel time!!! The most important relationships in your life are that man you sleep next to and your children in this relationship. Money is THE most argued about thing in a relationship and marriage. When one is a spender and the other watches every penny and does the juggling....sparks will fly and problems result. Don't delay in telling him your fears. Suggest maybe the both of you could attend a money management/budget workshop. He is your other half, and marriage is essentially an economic relationship too. Try to keep it non-accusatory...that is why I would suggest both of you attend. Suggest that he share in the bill paying time. If he sees on paper how the finances are stacking up...maybe he will help reign in the spending.

If you and the new grandbabies mother are good friends that is great! You have an inlaw that trusts you enough to care for her precious child!!! That is wonderful...Your sister in law should back you up! Grandma will just have to deal with it. You are loving and enjoying your niece...pure and simple. Your intentions are good and honest. Don't worry about other's jealousy...it is their problem, not yours. If your SIL is behind you, and your husband all is well. Communication is vital. Don't sweat the smaller stuff, it will sort itself out. You are a good and true person Tawnya... I believe in you.

Go to Top of Page

little feather
True Blue Farmgirl

83 Posts

Tawnya
Walnut Creek California
USA
83 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2005 :  4:48:41 PM  Show Profile  Send little feather a Yahoo! Message
Oh, Meadowlark, you bring such tears of joy to my eyes.
Those are exactly the words that I've been needing to hear.

You hit the heart of the matter for me in that I feel as if I am a good and loving person- so, it's hard for me to comprehend this treatment. I couldn't imagine treating someone in such a way- or, saying those things about someone whom I've acted like I cared about.

You're right as well- don't sweat the small stuff! I believe that I am making everything related to the one hurt, rather than just seeing them as they are.

IT IS THEIR PROBLEM- not mine. Ahhh, that feels so good!

-I have saved your post in my personal stash for strenghth!

I love you Meadowlark and have missed you as well.
I tend to run away from the things that can help the most when I am down. I busy myself rather than just dive in and seek out the love that I find here!
Oh, how silly of me. How can I go on each day without my tribe?

I very much like your idea of the workshop. If I suggest it and ask him to go with me, that will work out perfect. That way there is no blaming and he doesn't have to feel like I think that he's doing something wrong- which turns back on me anyhow.

Thank you so very much for the virtual hug and answer to my distress call. You have picked me back up by my boot straps and reminded me of who I am!

And, that I have an awesome sister indeed, in you....

Where ever you go, go with all your heart!
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2005 :  5:02:39 PM  Show Profile
Tawnya, I'm not a psychologist or counselor. If you feel that things are ever getting overwhelming, there is always marriage counseling and professional help available. I have been through some of the things you are telling me... I care and that is what friends are for.. Thank you for your kind words. This tribe is here for ya!

Go to Top of Page

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2005 :  06:23:03 AM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
Oh Tawnya, I feel for you!
I am also the one who handles the finances. My hubby isn't a big spender so we rarely have troubles there, but there have been a few shocking credit card bills and he didn't realize he had spent so much. It definitely adds a strain when you pinch every penny trying to "make up" for what spending your spouse does, knowingly or not.

For me, pinching pennies is like a game. How much can I get out of each dollar? I feel good about myself when I get $1,000 worth of clothes for $120! Or I find one expensive tasting recipe that cost us $1 a serving. But for my husband, pinching pennies makes him feel poor. It bothers him, he hates having to wait to get something he wants. Maybe this is where your hubby comes from. Setting a "splurge limit" might help him - just knowing he can spend X amount without ruining your family finances may both make him think about what he really wants that month, more than anything else.

Family troubles are always with you. As Meadowlark indicated - YOU don't have the problem, THEY do. I understand these kinds of troubles like you would not believe. My grandmother kicked my father out of the family, harrassed him with 2am phone calls, nasty letters, then sued him. Why? He bought a house from her when she needed money badly. Then she thought he should just let her have the house back for free. She can quote the Bible backward and forward and used it against us in letters. The suit lasted 7 years and put my family under so much stress. She told people in our family that I was sexually active at 11 years old! I hadn't even looked at a boy yet! These kinds of lies hurt deeply, especially coming from someone you thought loved you.

But there you go - it's their problem, not yours. Hang in there honey. :)
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2005 :  09:44:19 AM  Show Profile
Girls, I am being overrun by FLIES!!!!! This time of year they all seem to want inside, and it seems every fly within a mile of my house is trying to get inside my house! I cannot stay ahead of them in spite of swatting them all day which I HATE doing! Kansas is notorious for flies! As I sit here typing there are about 4 of them buzzing around me, landing on my head, just driving me INSANE!!! Once we get a hard freeze the little ****# will all be dead. Oh they are a curse!

Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2005 :  10:05:45 AM  Show Profile
Honestly,
I am suffering the same fly plague since Saturday.
It was humid and raining hard all day Saturday while I was teaching my class so we opened the door for air and to hear the rain.
By noon we were all swatting the annoying little beasts away from our heads and God forbid, our mouth and nose orrifices GAKKKK!!
I HATE when they are so persistent that way.
But what I really want to know is how on earth did every fly in the township know I had my back door open and manage to invite themselves in during a deluge of rain???!They can't fly when its raining like that, can they??

www.feedsackfarmgirls.blogspot.com
"If more of us valued good food, cheer and song above hoarded gold,the world would be a merrier place."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Across the Fence: Previous Topic A Place for Venting.... Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page