Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 You know you are a farmgirl...Part 2
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic You know you are a farmgirl...Part 2 Next Topic
Page: of 3

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  7:55:29 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I know this was posted a few months back and I am always interested to see what everyone posts:

1) I am ordering from catalogs like Lehman's, things from MJ's (of course), looking for organic and handmade/homemade.
2) Hoping Santa brings me my clothelines/racks for Christmas
3) Get excited over finding $1 cotton print cloth to make dresses
4) Santa is also bringing me my first farmgirl dress pattern.....

Tee hee hee!!!

Cheers,
Heather

amyartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

991 Posts

Amy
Junction City Ohio
USA
991 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  8:09:27 PM  Show Profile
Heather - I hear ya on all 4....LOL

1. Finding yourself "collecting" aprons of different kinds.
....I went to the 2nd hand store yesterday and came back w/ 3 fun aprons (one that was made in France).

2. Picking up decor items that you would not normally get.
....On that same thrift shopping trip, I even picked up a hen wire basket thing...(pics to come later on)...something I would not of normaly picked up...but when you are a Farmgirl, your deco prospective changes.

Thanks for starting this message :)

Farmgirl Sister #21

http://artfulheart.blogspot.com
http://farmgirltales.blogspot.com

Edited by - amyartgirl on Dec 08 2007 8:14:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  8:10:50 PM  Show Profile
1.you know you are a farmgirl... when you'd much rather have seeds for your garden in the Spring as your Christmas gift from hubby ..instead of jewelry or the latest gadget advertised on TV.:0)
2. You know you are a farmgirl... when you have 2 cages in your living room by the french doors. 1 with a baby duckling, the other with 2 baby chicks. And you just adore cuddling with the critters every evening, and love the sounds they make.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Dixie_Amazon
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

Dennise
Baton Rouge LA
USA
125 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  8:12:27 PM  Show Profile
You can't understand why people are so grossed out by pony dung at the carnival.

Seed and bulb catalogs are preferred evening reading.

You consider your kids as livestock. LOL

Dennise with 2 n's
Farmgirl Sister #47 **~~** Country girl raised in the city.
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  8:32:14 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
What wrong with pony dung??? LOL

Yes!!! I am practically DROOLING over the catalogs!!! Oh the dreams continue...

Cheers,
Heather
Go to Top of Page

shawna
True Blue Farmgirl

241 Posts

missouri (north)
241 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  8:38:01 PM  Show Profile
Q. farmgirl dress patern?? is there a special one out there, or just general? please share!

*what makes me know i fit here?- black muck boots are cool to have (and you are tring to figure out how to fancy em up!)
*i'm very interested in making yo-yos and have a special bag to take in truck so i can work on em (and also work on em while breastfeeding baby!)
*am excited about learning all i can, why? because it's ok- (never had a group of [eople who promoted this before!!!thank you all

xoxxo MERRY CHRISTMAS xoxxo
Go to Top of Page

tangledthreads
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Michelle
Middle Tennessee
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  8:46:16 PM  Show Profile
When the purchase of a pair of PINK John Deere gloves at the local
co-op makes your day!!

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
Mahatma Ghandi

A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song. Chinese Proverb

Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  8:46:28 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Oh well, I picked a pattern from...shoot...forgot!! It is not the normal pattern company (Buttericks, Vogue, etc) , something I found surfing the net one night!! When I get it in the mail, I will post!!! Ha!! It is a simple prairie type dress!!!

I wanted to add, just today, I was showing my son the leaves outside at the playground. It has been wet and icky, a bit cool but we splashed in puddles and looked a slugs, snails and wet leaves. Other parents thought I was nuts!! I had so much fun!!!

Cheers,
Heather
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  8:48:09 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Oh Tanglethreads!!! Those are purty!!! I love 'em!!

Sheesh, I keep hitting the send button before I am ready!!!

Went to store in my fancy, dancy rain boots- the one's that come up to your needs!! I wore those and a bandana over my unkempt hair!! I was so farmgirl and I loved it!!

Cheers,
Heather
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  8:52:30 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
http://www.rungreen.com/John-Deere-Girls-Drive-Tractors-Too-Yellow-Adult-T-Shirt_p_33-75.html

I love this shirt too!! Another reason I know I am a farmgirl!!!
LOL
Go to Top of Page

tangledthreads
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Michelle
Middle Tennessee
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  9:11:50 PM  Show Profile
Heather,

Cute shirt!!

Mahatma Ghandi

A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song. Chinese Proverb

Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  9:32:01 PM  Show Profile
**when you admire Michelle's PINK John Deere's gloves!

Hugs, Maryjane Lee
Farmgirl Sister #44

The Beehive Cottage~est. 1971
Sisters on the Fly #595
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  11:23:03 PM  Show Profile
When y0u want a pair just like Michelle's PINK J0hn Deere's gl0ves and y0u want them badly......l0l

listening to the quiet moments
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  11:33:27 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
GO to the John Deere website-they are $4.99...I just checked!! Might be an additional stocking stuffer for me!! LOL
Go to Top of Page

tangledthreads
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Michelle
Middle Tennessee
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2007 :  07:14:46 AM  Show Profile
I know there is something about those PINK gloves that make me feel girly even when I am out there helping hubby build fence or cleaning out the barn!

Yep, they were only 4.99!

Mahatma Ghandi

Edited by - tangledthreads on Dec 09 2007 07:18:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

tangledthreads
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Michelle
Middle Tennessee
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2007 :  07:24:28 AM  Show Profile
You know you are a farmgirl when the MJ Life Book goes with you on every road trip even though you have already read it a hundred times, and now that it is autographed by MaryJane, it wouldn't be loaned to anyone else in fear it won't make its way home!

Mahatma Ghandi

Go to Top of Page

shawna
True Blue Farmgirl

241 Posts

missouri (north)
241 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2007 :  11:03:53 AM  Show Profile
i am so loving the gloves!!!thanks for sharing...i beleive that pink makes everything better, sort of like cheese!!!

Go to Top of Page

tangledthreads
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Michelle
Middle Tennessee
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2007 :  11:12:24 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by shawna

i am so loving the gloves!!!thanks for sharing...i beleive that pink makes everything better, sort of like cheese!!!

Me, too!!

Mahatma Ghandi

Go to Top of Page

Dixie_Amazon
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

Dennise
Baton Rouge LA
USA
125 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2007 :  03:23:40 AM  Show Profile
I may have to get a pair so that the boys will quit stealing mine!

Dennise with 2 n's
Farmgirl Sister #47 **~~** Country girl raised in the city.
Go to Top of Page

Farm Girl 2
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Becky
Willis VA
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2007 :  06:14:10 AM  Show Profile
I knew I was a farmgirl when: Yesterday I was speeding down the interstate and was stopped by such a nice little officer of the law that handed me a nice piece of yellow paper and asked "Mam Where did you find your antique stove. I like that". I was on my way home from another MJF farmgirl's home, rosemary va, 4 hours away and had her wood cook stove in the back of my Chevy pickup with my MJF "certified farmgirl sticker" on the window!!!! I was so proud.

I also love a having a connection that promotes the way of life I have always lived, well most of the time anyway, at times I felt that I was an outcast. I am now an ER nurse and I always share with my fellow nurses and the DR's my new farmgirl treats or toys and they all love it. Dr Sathre said he was jealous of my new wood cook stove!!!!

Love the pink JD gloves, awesome.
Becky

Loving Living Simply!
http://sunnymorningfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2007 :  06:28:51 AM  Show Profile
Sorry about the ticket, Becky! At least he was nice!!!!

You know you're a farmgirl when:

You do almost all your (Christmas) shopping at the Rabbit Hash General Store, circa 1831

You would rather hike with the dogs and hubby in the woods, than go to out see a band, go out to dinner, shop, etc...

Your seed catalogs (that just came) are already so dog eared, you have to resort to post it notes instead!!!!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2007 :  09:09:29 AM  Show Profile
You might be a Farmgirl if:

You have a kid swaddled and sleeping hanging over your shoulder as if she's a "human" kid She just couldn't go to the "nursery" yard and be alone!

Here's a couple of pictures of her once I had another kid born to keep her company:

http://www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com/albums/album_image/4732639/1410283.htm

http://www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com/albums/album_image/4732639/1410284.htm

Stephanie
Farmgirl Sister #22

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2007 :  09:12:01 AM  Show Profile
You know you are a farmgirl when:

You'd rather have cultures for your next cheesemaking adventure and more Stainless Steel equipment. Stainless Steel became my "diamonds"..LOL

Stephanie
Farmgirl Sister #22

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2007 :  12:01:29 PM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
Tangled threads I have been eyeing up those gloves for a year! I feel like I only fit here because I have yet to find other FGs in my area...I feel like taking out a classified ad and asking for anyone that is FG at heart to contact me :-P

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."
http://liggygirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

tangledthreads
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Michelle
Middle Tennessee
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2007 :  12:41:56 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by bohemiangel

Tangled threads I have been eyeing up those gloves for a year! I feel like I only fit here because I have yet to find other FGs in my area...I feel like taking out a classified ad and asking for anyone that is FG at heart to contact me :-P

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."
http://liggygirl.blogspot.com/

I bet there are other FG's in your area, I am lucky, LisaBee, a member here lives down the road from me!

Mahatma Ghandi

Go to Top of Page

Farm Girl 2
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Becky
Willis VA
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2007 :  7:11:19 PM  Show Profile
Bridget all you have to do is share the word about forming a chapter and the girls will come out of the woodwork. At least they have here. I am so amazed at the different walks of life the girls in our chapter are from yet we all are in the same frame of mind. Doing what is best for ourselfs and families, frugal living, gardening, sewing quilting, the list goes on and on and on. The best part is we have so much fun getting together and sharing new ideas or projects or stories, etc...

Keep us posted on your search for locals.
Becky

Loving Living Simply!
http://sunnymorningfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic You know you are a farmgirl...Part 2 Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page