95 Posts

Paula
Bristow OK
USA
95 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2005 :  6:36:53 PM  Show Profile  Send PJJ an AOL message
So much to be thankful for ...

My children, who make "it" all worth it

My parents, without whom I absolutely could not have made it through these past months

My animals, who have taught me more about loving, giving, and the strength of the human spirit than I can ever express

My friends, who poke and prod and give me the strength to go on

My faith, which gets deeper each day, and yet I realize I've yet to plumb the depths

My ignorance because, without it, I would be too scared to go on!

Paula J.

Paula J., with Ty, Cara, Brody, Blue, and Fidget
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2005 :  08:44:35 AM  Show Profile
Well I suppose it's my turn. It's hard to naroow it down which I guess is a good thing to have so much to be thanksful for. Here are a few things, I'm grateful to be so young and to feel like I have already done so much, happy for the traveling I have done, seeing the beautiful palces of the world. So, so grateful to find my husband, best friend and life long partner.Happy to have the ablity and talent to make things with my hands. Very very grateful to have grown up with an amazingly wonderful family I had a good childhood with many adventures and lots of imagination. And than to marry into another wonderful, fun family. Very lucky to like, love and get along with my Mother-in-law. I could keep going and going but I'll stop here and thankful for all my friends here and everywhere.

Blessed Be

www.sqrlbee.com/artisan

Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2005 :  10:29:16 PM  Show Profile
Kay, My first on the list is the same as yours.
I am thankful for a loving Husband, 3 beautiful daughters, a wonderful son-in-law, sweet peas, a cup of tea and kindred spirits!
Jpbluesky, Congrats!!! I am hoping to hear the same news soon myself. Can't wait to be a grandma!

"The gloom of the world is but a shadow; behind it, yet within our reach is joy. Take joy!" Fr.Giovanni
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2005 :  2:55:15 PM  Show Profile
This has been rolling around in my head for a bit so here goes! I am thankful for:

* Not dying when I was two.
* Parents who were full of adventure, creativity, love of nature, music, singing, resourcefulness, and strange senses of humor.
*Grandparents who loved me unconditionally, especially my Grandfather who just said that you were ok with him anyday no matter what.
* Meeting my husband when I was 12 and gaining another best friend for life.
* Not having an ideal childhood because it taught me so much. In hindsight I can see where it would have made someone else sad or angry, but it taught me compassion, forgiveness and empathy.
*Not marrying my college boyfriend!
*Having my husband know when it was right to tell me he loved me and being smart enough to love him back!
*I am forever thankful we were given this amazing child to love ,nuture and watch spread his wings.
*Love of friends, family and the friendship I have found with all of you.
* For everyday that I am on this planet to learn, grow and share and to know with all my heart when my time here is through there is yet another journey.For this and so much more I am ever thankful and always blessed.

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2005 :  3:21:51 PM  Show Profile
LOVE...Without it what do we have?

Being is what it is. Jean Paul Sartre
Go to Top of Page

little feather
True Blue Farmgirl

83 Posts

Tawnya
Walnut Creek California
USA
83 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2005 :  3:54:01 PM  Show Profile  Send little feather a Yahoo! Message
Amen to that Sister!
It's the "glue" that holds everhting together!

Where ever you go, go with all your heart!
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2005 :  4:09:11 PM  Show Profile
Oh and family and friends and a '85 Krug vintage Champagne, chilled on ice, and a full moon on a chilly autumn evening, and the smell of pine trees, and the distant bark of a dog, smiles from strangers, elderly ladies that smell of violets, the color red, gingham, my husbands strong arms, my daughters brown eyes, any laughter, this forum and the visionary Mary Jane, books, magazines, brown grass that turns to green in spring, the first song of a meadowlark, the American flag on a front porch on main street, wicker, overgrown willow trees by a pond, monarchs flying south, Canadian geese flying south, big band dance music, old people that still dance like they are 20, big veins popping out in hands, chipped fingernails, breathing, snoring, seeing the sun rise, and my Saviour.

Being is what it is. Jean Paul Sartre

Edited by - MeadowLark on Aug 17 2005 4:20:34 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic What are you thankful for? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page