Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Charm square exchange
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Charm square exchange Next Topic
Page: of 17

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2005 :  3:00:19 PM  Show Profile
Julia, there are tons of fabric stores online. I use E-quilter all the time, there's Hancocks of Padukah, and Keepsake quilting that I use from time to time.

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2005 :  3:11:13 PM  Show Profile
I have Bridgette on my Quilt Square list from the Farm.
But not on my charm square list.
I sort of remember Kate saying she would send the next list out when she had 12- 13 or more. Maybe Bridgette is on a pending charm square list.you might want to check with Kate.
By the way, Lucinda, Katie-ell and Queen Jane, I came home to a mailbox just brimming with fabric and buttons. I adore the way you chose to display the buttons,too!! Very pretty...I think I'll photograph them before I take them apart. You all have fine, fine taste in fabric too by the way. This is gonna be a beautiful quilt, I can tell already.
I had a thought while I was cutting my charm squares today.
If the thought of sewing 120+ squares all together is to daunting, you might pick out two complementary squares and sew them together right sides together on three sides and turn right side out and fill with a few TB flax seeds and lavender flowers and then hand sew closed.
These are little dream pillows that you can slip between pillow case and pillow to help you relax.
I usually do 8 inch ones but these would be fine for gift giving.
You could also use chamomile in addition to lavender.

www.feedsackfarmgirls.blogspot.com
"If more of us valued good food, cheer and song above hoarded gold,the world would be a merrier place."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2005 :  3:43:33 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Katie-ell! I'll email you my info. Tomorrow I am going to cut some squares!! :) I got some really neat vintage fabrics today!! There was a bag at the thrift store and it had some cool old prints & dots (the kind that are raised up just a bit) When I got it home it was so neat, I could tell that someone had been saving and adding treasures to the "stash" it even seemed that they had put the coordinating ones together. " They had plans....."
It always makes me feel good to "save" someones project!! Now I get to share with all my farmgals!!

Edited for bad typing.....

Edited by - Bridge on Oct 15 2005 3:45:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2005 :  9:58:03 PM  Show Profile
Just a quick reminder, make sure you email Kate at the farm and request to join the charm square list, so you will be on the super duper official master list. If you haven't recieved a list from Kate, that's a good indication that you're not on it. The list I recieved from her a couple days ago had 20 names on it (though I know a few were missing.. as of today I have 26 people on my list, including myself).

Annie
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2005 :  11:30:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Fabulous did a two step dance of joy at the mailbox today.!! Charm squares from Ms.houseminder (who buys the same kind of fabric I do) and also from Annie T. Thanks, gals!! The buttons and squares were great. Annie T, I absolutely love the color scheme all your fabrics were in, are you a redhead by any chance?
Go to Top of Page

BlueApple
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Julia
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2005 :  06:45:09 AM  Show Profile  Send BlueApple an AOL message
I've tried to get on the official list and have emailed Kate - could someone tell me if I'm on it? Please?? I have not received the official list from Kate.

Julia
BlueApple Farm
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2005 :  07:10:55 AM  Show Profile
Julia,
I have a copy of Diane's original list and a copy of the official Farm List. You are on both.
If you didn't get a copy of the official list sent to you, then you should definitely email kate directly so she can make sure you are on her email list.It was probably just an oversight.
However, I did notice that there are a few (6 girls, actually)that are on the Original list and not on the Official list. Now what to do??

"If more of us valued good food, cheer and song above hoarded gold,the world would be a merrier place."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

BlueApple
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Julia
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2005 :  07:27:36 AM  Show Profile  Send BlueApple an AOL message
Thank you so much! I will definitely email Kate for the official list. Probably just my email service making my life difficult!

Julia
BlueApple Farm
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2005 :  07:28:07 AM  Show Profile
Susan/BlueEggBabe -- I love your idea of making dream pillows. Those would be great gifties to have on hand for the holidays -- a little extra to throw into girfriends' gift baskets, lovely hostess gifts, last-minute gifts for unexpected guests. But I have a question: what are TB flax seeds?? Totally Bald? Tan Bran? Teal Blue? Toucan Brain? (Oh, I need another cup of coffee -- I'm going silly.) It's probably obvious to others, but . . . Please do reply.
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2005 :  09:01:32 AM  Show Profile

sorry, dear
TB means Tablespoons. I was being typing lazy.
Any brand will do, even Totally Bald ones
You just want to keep them thin and underfilled, otherwise they are very lumpy and uncomfortable under your pillow case.

J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2005 :  10:03:32 AM  Show Profile
Diane...I sent you squares and buttons over a week ago...did you get them???

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2005 :  10:09:33 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Susan, for the Tablespoon tip! This project goes on my to-do list. KL
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2005 :  11:03:00 AM  Show Profile
In yesterday's I had wonderful suprize packages with such pretty fabrics and buttons from AnnieT and Lucinda both ..thanks so much!!!! made my day for sure!!

Jenny in Utah
Put all your eggs in one basket..and then watch that basket!! Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2005 :  8:57:27 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Patricia, will check it out.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

thehouseminder
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

USA
361 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  05:20:53 AM  Show Profile
I have a feeling I am one of the people Diane's list who is not on the "official" list. I only received a list from Diane.

I clicked on Kate but there was no way to e-mail here from there. Help!!!!

Lucinda

Who loves a garden still his Eden keeps, Perennial pleasures plants, and wholesome harvest reaps. ---Bronson Alcott

Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  05:30:38 AM  Show Profile
Lucinda,
I checked and you are not on the official list
I already added you to my official list however, because you already sent to me.thanks.
To get kate, email her directly at charmsquares@maryjanesfarm.org.
That will put you right where you wanna be.

BEB

J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

teresa
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

teresa
marysville wa
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  06:03:58 AM  Show Profile
I received cute fabric and buttons from Kathy L. of IL. and Jane H. of ID......thank you! I never got a list so just assume I am to send to the ones I receive from? Whoever does the lists...please add me to the charm squares if I'm not too late. Also, my color preference is autum colors but actually I love them all!
Blessings, Teresa

The best is yet to come!
Go to Top of Page

teresa
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

teresa
marysville wa
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  06:05:36 AM  Show Profile
Also, what is the difference between a True Blue Farm Girl and a Farm Girl in Training??????????

The best is yet to come!
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  06:14:05 AM  Show Profile
Hi Teresa -- You are on the official Charm Square list, which I received via email from Kate. To get the list from her, email her at charmsquares@maryjanesfarm.org Glad you received your squares! FYI, there are 21 names on the official list at this point -- so be prepared!!
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  08:15:22 AM  Show Profile
BlueApple Julia (not Julia V) I do NOT have you on either list. I think BlueEggBabe may have confused you with Julia V when she said she did. Either that or we have some major list issues going on. ;)

Here is a list of everyone on my list, by scren name:
Anna, bubblesnz, therusticcottage, CarolC, Kim, Teresa, sqrl, little feather, shepherdess, BlueEgg Babe, Quilting Queen, FabulousFarmFemmes, Quilt8305, showmemom, the houseminder, bluelavender45, Junebug, owwlady, Aunt Jenny, Meadowlark, bramble, mumof3, AnnieT, Julia, Erthdancr

I also have Kathy L in IL, but I don't know your screen name.

If you don't see your screen name here, then I haven't seen your info on any of the three lists I've been sent. Make sure you email Kate to get on the official list, and in the meantime, email me and I'll put you on my list, too.

Annie
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  08:19:33 AM  Show Profile
Theresa, the designation "True Blue Farmgirl" or "Farmgirl in Training" along with the row of colored stars below that is an automatic preset of this forum that is determined by how many posts you make. You will notice that "in Training" posters have fewer posts than "True Blue" posters. Also, the number of stars increases the more posts you have. I'm not sure what the cutoff for each level is.

Annie
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  08:20:50 AM  Show Profile
Update your records! Kathy L in IL is katie-ell. Thanks!

Also, BlueApple Julia, I don't have your address on my lists. Email me if you want to exchange squares & buttons. I know how frustrating it can be to try to get aboard. KL
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  08:48:38 AM  Show Profile
...BlueApple Julia (not Julia V) I do NOT have you on either list. I think BlueEggBabe may have confused you with Julia V when she said she did. Either that or we have some major list issues going on. ;)

OH DEAR, I so apologize Annie you are correct, I made a mistake on the Julias. I am really sorry.

You are also correct:
I do believe there is a major list issue.
I do not have seven of those names on my list.
and also...reading back, some that are officially on have now dropped off the list....
I am just gonna keep cutting and hang back until it's all straight and just send to those who sent to me for now.

J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

BlueApple
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Julia
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  08:50:13 AM  Show Profile  Send BlueApple an AOL message
Oh, yes, there are two Julia's - and I have tried to get on this list for quite some time! I'm a little exasperated but still smiling! Diane told me (I think - sorry if I'm mistaken) to just start sending out squares and asking people to put me on their list. But then I was told to hold on as the farm was making lists and I should wait for that! Soooooo I'm still in limbo not really sure what to do! But I'm still laughing and can't wait to start sending!

Julia
BlueApple Farm
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  10:11:48 AM  Show Profile
I am confused as to who on what list I have sent to. I know I sent out squares and buttons to 13 gals. Will have to look for my old list...from Diane awhile back and then compare to the new one. If I havn't sent to anyone yet I sure will soon..have a zillion squares cut now!!!

Jenny in Utah
Put all your eggs in one basket..and then watch that basket!! Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Charm square exchange Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page